AMD Radeon RX 485, RX 475 & RX 465 Graphics Cards Possibly In The Works

wccftech.com/amd-polaris-revisions-performance-per-watt/
Patient waitfags win again!

FIFY

I JUST WANT MY 490

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS

no thanks vulkan is the future m8.

It's well known that with kikes, you lose. Be they green or red.

my nigga

kill youself pajeet

Get out newfriend, this is pajeet town

isn't that just how these things work? The manufacturing process gets better after a few runs, and then they can give the same architecture a bit more of a boost out of the factory.

Where is the 490?

Released day after you buy something else

They were right, DX11 was the future. But being in the future, their card was obsolete before DX11 mattered. Good luck with Vulkan.

Good luck with DX 12(((.1))) :^)

But the 58xx were G-d's gift to man?

this chart shows if you buy RX 49X you're a fucking idiot

Not for DX11. Nothing significant came out for DX11 in the window where those cards were relevant. And DX11 support didn't lengthen the card's lifespan as fanbois insisted.
The same lines are being used right now with the RX 480 and Vulkan. Take the RX 480 for what it is today, it will not magically get better or be future-proofed by drivers.

that's because Direct X was a mistake

480 was already one of the most power efficient cards ever, how did they manage to make it even more power efficient.

by making it an even weaker piece of shit, looks like they're doing pretty well

The RX 480 is a bloated pig, it's incredibly inefficient. An embarrassment, really.

kek this nigga is actually serious

Nice job cherry picking two different benchmarks there.

The only truth in that picture? Nvidia's drivers are getting shittier.

You can pick from the same benchmark but then you'd have bitched and moaned at me saying the RX 480 is half as powerful as the 1080. You're going to whine and cry either way.

This is why I can't stop coming here

I have some general questions regarding amd, you think their future products will end up well. I am also waiting for the 490 (was going to buy the 480 but I was told that it is probably not enough to play games at 1440p). Is the rx490 and their new cpu's going to do well? You think their products will sell well?

The 5870 was fucking fantastic. But it's true that new DirectX versions are irrelevant for years and years. The only thing DX11 was good for was forcing Crytek to overhaul Crysis 2, solving some image quality problems and stuff. But Crysis 2 wasn't a good game so meh. Crysis 1 was where it's at, in DX9, not fucking 10. And the 5800 cards were among the first to deliver solid 60 fps in that game. That's what I will remember them for.

If I fucking knew the answer to all that I'd be in my private island now, wouldn't I?

Faggot universe

oh well I guess consumers are entitled shits for not wanting to buy an upmarked RX 460 the great Radeon Pro WX4100 for a meager $300 USD for intelligent low-profile utility

wake me up when they sell a 30-bit capable card for under $500

Eh.
Electricity is not expensive here, I ain't mad
Besides, I had no other choice but to buy earlier so I couldn't have waited anyway

AMD did some good strategic maneuvering with vulkan and getting a stranglehold on the consoles. It's very likely that every console port is going to be optimized for AMD from here on out - and we've already seen this start with a few titles shitting the bed for nvidia.

Vulkan's on track to being adopted/used by basically everyone, probably more than DX12 which honestly only has inertia behind it right now.

And Freesync is significantly cheaper and implemented on more monitors, than gsync is.

GTX 1080 is also a lot more fucking expensive. The only conclusion you can draw from that is you get what you pay for, crossfiring isn't worth it, and rx480 is still half as cheap as that thing.

Given what you're saying, AMD should be dominating the market, but it clearly isn't.

You realize cooking food takes time as well? You don't just snap your fingers and have it instantly done?

I guess. I though AMD had processors in consoles ever since the PS3 era, but apparently they started from the PS4. I hope they do good in the future. Their current numbers aren't good.

Uwot?

The PS3 uses the RSX Reality Synthesizer GPU, which was designed by Nvidia.

Granted the Wii and Xbox 360 used chips designed by ATI (note. not AMD, they were designed before AMD bought them)

The Xbox Original used a Pentium 3 and an Nvidia Geforce based GPU
The Gamecube used an ATI GPU
The PS2 used the "Emotion Engine" which was a MIPS CPU plus SIMD instructions for graphical processing
The Xbone and PS4 use AMD Jaguars and the WiiU uses a PPC CPU plus a GPU designed by AMD

The new Nintendo Switch will use an Nvidia Tegra based chip (as evident by recent blogposts on Nvidias website) So it looks like AMDs venture into the console space will be short lived

Not necessarily. AMD hasn't historically been good with portable systems. AMD still has a chance to get PS5 and xbox whatever new name to use their GPUs and CPUs.

The main reason I believe Microsoft and Sony chose AMD Jaguars for their new consoles back in 2013 was 2 main reasons;
1.) Its an easy port-path from PC to their consoles and vise-versa because they use the same architecture

2.) Intel Atoms didn't have basic shit like out of order processing yet

Today Atoms do, however, and they also have GPUs capable of playing many PC games nowadays. And they seem to be better at thermals and performance per watt then AMDs E-series

I can easily see Sony and Microsoft going for Intel Atom based designs in the future now. Even the Xeon Phi is going to use Atom cores. The only reason I can see they wont would be if AMD made them a cheaper offer than Intels higher priced offerings

Imagine if this Zen thing delivers. CPU, GPU and up to 16GB on one package. That'll make for some obscenely cheap consoles, half of any current motherboard is taken up by DRAM traces.

The only thing Atom has going for it is PPW, but nobody gives a shit about that in consoles except Nintendo's engineers, and they've already gone Full ARMtard.

Its less that Nintendo cares about PPW and more that Nintendo cares about performance per dollar. They make their consoles cheap to manufacture which gives them a massive profit. And since Nintendo owns a bunch of first party studios and has stakes in 2nd party devs they are able to work around the consoles limitations. The downside is that third party devs stop giving a shit but I'm pretty sure Nintendo stopped giving a shit about third party devs themselves anyhow. If the Nvidia Tegra is anything to go by though they may be trying to win third party devs back by using a well known architecture

This is hilarious
I bet the sneaky Jews at Intel had something to do with this.

Yeah I just found it in a VA clinic waiting room, and had to post it somewhere.

WTF does Nintendo do with all that money?
Holla Forums always makes it seem like they are some small poor company...

Before 4chan fucked up this place Holla Forums always talked about Nintendo's war chest.
Nintendo made a fuck-ton of money multiple times. Their handheld line was always insanely profitable thanks to Yokoi kike tricks, their tabletop line was a hit or miss, but things like the Wii were as insane as the Gameboy, you can clearly see the absurd bump after 2006. And they also make a huge profit from first party software.
Nintendoom was always a stupid meme, reiterated for decades. Ever since the NES came out it was clear Nintendo wasn't going anywhere, and they've been around for more than a century, they outlive most tech companies.

Good thing WiiU and their new tablet will kill them

I mean its not like 480 got any worse by this update?

No, because you fucking cockniggers keep buying Nvidia's turbojew circuits

AMD cards get better with updates, you're thinking about NVIDIA

You think it is a good idea to buy amd shares? Would have been nice if I had bought some earlier this year, but who could have known the rx480 would boost them like that? You think they are going to sell better in the future too?

But it's just a matter of software improvement on Nvidia's end. Time will pass and Nvidia will have a better driver with superior hardware. AMD sucks at drivers.

Nvidia is so good at drivers they make them worse intentionally.

Even Jewvidia is beating AMD on pricepoint, it's nuts. AMD needs to step up their game.

Shame no games use it. AMD needs to leverage this advantage more.

amd was like $2 / share back in february which was massively undervalued. i wish i could have bought as many shares as possible. would've happily thrown $10,000 at it but neet so that didn't happen. the writing has been on the wall for at least a year tbh.
tbh i price them at around $18 / share (assuming shemitah memes don't pan out). they're at $7.29 now. yeah i would still buy.

honestly this is the 2nd time i've missed an opportunity like this. the first time was with bitcoin i could've got in on it january 2013 at $12 or earlier at pennies but i was much more normie then

we should start a stocks board on here because chans provide a snapshot of culture. useful for datamining even if it's by hand. you see what anons like on Holla Forums and other boards, what they're collectively getting excited about, and buy into it. use the chans for buy and sell signals, easy money tbh.

Why not start the board yourself?

I am not really experienced in this, could it be that maybe they wont sell that much later this year? I hope this is not their peak, but they sold a bunch of those rx480-460 cards, are there still a lot of people left who wait for a 490?

I've been waiting for a 490 for five years yes

Not even relevant to what I said.

Even if AMD gpus do well in the gaming market, AMD is completely missing out on the machine learning market which really is going to be the Next Big Thing (tm). Hopefully the Zen CPUs dont suck ass, but I dont see Zen taking back a lot of market share from Intel. I really hope I'm wrong on Zen and gonna be looking for any reason I can to buy Zen when they come out.

In retrospective $2 was undervalued but for a while things looked really bad for AMD.

Polite sage for OT.
Zen is confirmed to have a Platform Security Processor (PSP) in addition to AMD, turning into Intel and being uncooperative while also incompetent [1]. Sadly PSP has crushed any hope of me buying Zen.
[1] - libreboot FAQ.

if there are enough people interested then i'll start a board for it.

their main market isn't even consumer oriented at this point. for a while they've been doing custom chips for companies which is how they worked their way into consoles. and zen (at first) is primarily targeting the high end server market. those "moar cores" make a huge difference in the server market. compared to xeons you can expect zen to offer similar performance at half price. server market is growing and demand for better performance / $ is there due to "the cloud".

meanwhile intel in the last year laid off something like 12,000 workers because they've been reorienting their market stance. intel has huge fabrication capacity but they're being undercut by fab plants in asia, and the fab capacity hasn't been doing them any good because it's setup mostly for desktop market which is dwindling due to tablets / mobile / cloud market growth.

for the machine learning market zen has those "moar cores" for the dollar. moar cores means some swole-ass concurrency nigger. amd graphics cards also have better support for vulkan atm. vulkan is designed from the ground up for compute, much more friendly than opencl. vulkan is also open, compared to cuda. likely vulkan will become industry standard. if amd has better support for vulkan than nvidia (and they will, because vulkan is based on work by amd), amd stands to enter a growth period.

~*~*~Tech Journalism~*~*~

Make that "Internet Journalism"
Journalism was already pretty dead before the internet became popular, don't get me wrong. But now they're raping its corpse and shitting all over its family.

In benchmarks, vulkan games regularly see much larger performance boosts on AMD hardware than Nvidia's (which is generally about the same as or slightly less than their OpenGL performance).

Are they? I remember our uni professor talking about low level stuff and mentioning that in their newer products AMD is using machine learning or something of that sort for branch prediction with great success, whereas Intel is felling behind in this respect, using more conventional methods.

To me it seems that Intel is actually putting most of their resources into the "safe" options (which has had great short and mid term results), and AMD is more willing to risk and try new approaches - which can be expensive and risky, but it seems like it could finally pay off.

Fukken saved

It's official sponsor of Olympiads.
There will be in 2020 olympiads
gold medal for mario kart 100,150 and 200cc grandprix and battle.

You're a good goy.
Or a fucking nazi.

I tested ur mum with my longest thrusting benchmark last night m8 she passed with flying colours

Still waiting for this gen's $50 fanless model tbh
radv looks comfy af

am i dumb for getting an r9 390x when the first came out?

polite sage for off-topic

I've seen both sides discussed on Holla Forums. The reality is that Nintendo's only real flop was the VirtualBoy. The Gamecube and WiiU underperformed, but still made some profit. (just not as much as Nintendo would have liked) In fact, Amiibos and the eShop helped make up for the WiiU's poor sales. Same goes for the 3DS since Nintendo had to sell the console at a loss in order to increase sales. (I believe it was the first console Nintendo had to sell at a loss, but I could be wrong on this.) Nintendo consoles also tend to have a higher game ownership rate per console than their competitors, so software sales are usually guaranteed.
The reason Sony and Microsoft haven't been as profitable with their consoles was because initially (but probably not anymore) they sold their consoles at a loss in hopes to make money through software sales. The idea is to make a more powerful console competitive price-wise with other consoles, but if you can't sell enough software to cover the loss in hardware, you're fucked.
Both the DS and PSP had rampant piracy during their lifespans. Because the PSP was sold at a loss, Sony would lose money from each console sale. However, later in the console's lifespan people started buying the system to run emulators and pirated ROMs and less often buy the games that would cover the losses on selling the console itself. On the other hand, the DS was still sold for a profit. Even when people bought DS's just for use with a flashcart, Nintendo still made money from the console sales. I honestly don't know if piracy even hindered DS software sales all that much looking at how well some of its games sold.

Despite all the Nintendoom shit that's been posted every console generation since they've been selling consoles, I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. It's nothing but wishful thinking. Every time they underperform, something happens and they start printing money again. Rinse and repeat.

JUST

brutal

>>>/oven/

that's good, that way have more time to save money

I'VE BEEN 'SAVING MONEY' SINCE 2014

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last month I had 500€ lying around, and I was planning to put another 100€ aside every month. Well... last month I bought a bunch of clothes so the later this shit gets released the better it is for me.

If we assume that it is going to cost 600€ need at least 3 months.