FLOP

FLOP
L
O
P

Seems it's doing well right now.

No it's not, it's
FLOPPING

Couldn't find an article until now about it flopping. That's a shame. But at least it's an actual good movie that people seem to like. If only more people would see it.

Because laika is shit at advertising
It's a great movie though, go see it

(wasted)

Don't bother shilling your shitty anime. It deserved to flop.

Why does this thread exist?

Reveal your plan to troll Holla Forums, OP.

Prove it, then

They didn't market the movie

It has no advertising

But it had a positive and timely message of amoral hedonism that's more relevant now than ever before

It feels like they were coasting on the studio's name alone, which was always niche in the first place

I heard this once before, you got a source for that? I'd be interested to hear how DUDEWEED pet project that he pulled a shit load of strings to get off the ground had A list voice acting but shit tier funding for everything else sounds like it'd be rife with behind the scenes bullshit.

Is this movie really that bad?

No, it's good. OP's just a massive retard.

Just from the name alone /a/ others was going to meme it to death and call it shit because cis white folk made it.

I know this isn't strong evidence, but the implications as to why they're telling it now and the low budget is enough that further investigation is justified.

They've been running trailers since January, if I'm not mistaken.

It's hard to compete against this shit.

I'm probably going crazy which is more than possible at this point but I could have sworn there was a Kubo movie before this one. I thought this was the sequel at first but looking into it apparently there wasn't a Kubo movie before this. Even though I remember a Kubo film being played in theaters a good 2-3 years ago.

sage for the inane ramblings of a crazed user

It was actually a good movie, but it was obviously going to flop from day one.

Audiences like to know what they're getting into. Comedies need to be funny. Adventure movies need to be action packed. So on and so forth.

Kubo was an action filled adventure film marketed as a kids story in the vein of pixar with basically every joke thrown into the trailer. If they showed the actually interesting fights and the cool lore I guarantee there would have been more buzz than a couple of jokes thrown in to lighten the mood between reasonably dark scenes.

Well it was obvious no matter how good it was. Stop motion just doesn't sell and competition.

Not surprising. That's usually how Laika does. I'd have seen this regardless of how well marketed it was, though. Laika makes good shit.

It's to flawless, we can't stop him!