Did anyone else used to read this?

Did anyone else used to read this?

Its an okay series with endearing characters but the fans are completely awful and would never recommend to associate with someone that actively uses the characters or phrases in real life or through social media.

My mother used to be a huge fan; never really read it myself.

What is she now?

While the strip is really leftist, it's kind of nice to realize that all the characters aren't really stereotypes, and so they can all be friends and the jokes often are born from that.

In the strip, Mafalda is a commie who has no problem with being friends with a girl who worships patriarchy, the son of a business owner who just wants to be rich, the grandson of a fascist who is raising him to adore fascism, among others. Imagine how an american author would treat those characters, especially in THE CURRENT YEAR.

The thing is that in the 50's and 60's a lot of leftist shit was justified.
The government did encouraged censorship and witch hunt of communist and communist themes.
Making every American citizen a guard in the Berlin wall looking for people wanting to get out.
All of which was pretty awful on its own right.
If the government would just have been honest people would've forgotten their idealisms about the soviet union and realized how alarmingly shitty it was.

He's also into torture.
I think you're wrong when you say Mafalda is a commie, though. Libertad is a commie, Mafalda is just a hippie and happens to be too sensitive.

Not really and especially not compared to the Soviet Union. The Venona papers proved it and the people caught in it should have been jailed or executed yet here they are to this day in positions of learning academia and power.

There were active movements, both in the governments and among the citizens, to actively pursue and censor everything that was remotely left wing, not even communist. In some countries left wing activities were made illegal, even. In the USA and its allies, secret services had files on people doing "suspicious" activities. The other user was right, the plight of the left was justified because they were mostly fighting for basic things and not made up genders.

Nice numbers, but yeah, Libertad was the steretype of the real commie. I guess Mafalda was just leftist and not 100% commie.

As a taco we have the Tlatelolco massacre.
Our government in the 60's wasn't as incompetent but rather a "democracy" based tyranny.
So in the wake of the leftist student movements around the world we had ours here.
The government completely out of nowhere thought students wanted to ruin the 68' Mexico Olympics so went full apeshit on the students, in return they gained a lot of sympathy.
Things escalated to the point of government agents were doing false flag terrorist attacks and was particularly pissed because students made a march up to the governmental palace, kinda the big shit. Imagine 400,000 people marching to the white house and protest peacefully.

At the end between secret arrests the students planned a gigantic protest in tlatelolco plaza.
By orders of the government pretty much a little army of tanks, soldiers and snipers were placed around it, and also ( unknowingly to the soldiers) agents between the students who had orders to shoot at these soldiers.
It went as well as you would think.

All because the Mexican government didn't wanted to piss US in the Olympics with commies.

So, like a cross between the Kent State shootings and Tienanmen square?

Get the fuck out of here while the oven's still cold, kike.

Kinda, around 1500 deaths.
30 according to the newspapers of the time.
There's a famous book about it here.
Its particularly hard when half the soldiers were honestly trying to help the students out and the other half was hunting them down so there was a lot of soldier-soldier fight between moralfags and dronefags.
Also taking advantage of the city wide confusion the government kidnapped the leaders of the movement in their homes.

Algum huenegro pode traduzir as tirinhas do Armandinho e postar aqui?

FFF. No wonder everybody loves Subcomandante Marcos. Between the police death squads and the cartel death squads, a Zapatista revolutionary with a ski mask, a pipe and a horse must seem like Mike Brady.

Haven't heard of that guy in a while.
Now, is not I've been looking for him either and I do live at the north of the country, actually at a city 200 miles from the border with the US so here is pretty americanized.
Probably still a big thing in the south.

But yeah, I mean is very different to know that your government is an asshole to openly realized about it in blood.
It took the damn fuckers 40 years to admit "the mistake".
Because of that many college students from that generation became extremist left wing followers.

There's a great mexican movie called "The Burden".
Is about a student in the 60's from a wealthy family that gets involved in the protests and due to a hit in the back of the head he falls into a coma for 20 years and wakes up in the early 90's and gets taken care of by his family who is composed by his once girlfriend who he left pregnant and his 20yo son.
He suddenly realizes that the Soviet Union has fallen and all his revolutionary friends are part of the system now all while his family grows tired of him being a communist spouting useless wheelchaired bitter ass.

its the kind of shit 50 year old moms & dads from argentina, uruguay, and brazil read when they were children, hence why all those places are corrupt commie shitholes, unlike north america which is a corrupt capitalist shithole.

Quino is an white man, right?

He's an Argentinian, and you know what they say about that country.

I read it when i was a kid, there are some jokes that still hold up.

Argentifag here
Mafalda is as famous a character here as Calvin & Hobes is in Merica, everyone knows her
She even had a cartoon