Installed gentoo, bough books in local store, what now Holla Forums?

installed gentoo, bough books in local store, what now Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

uselessd.darknedgy.net/ProSystemdAntiSystemd/
suckless.org/sucks/systemd
gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/x11-terms/st/st-0.7.ebuild?id=2a7c16f77083597c1c0fb3933dba9439e41ad866
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Screenfetch has a built in screenshot flag you absolute dunce.
0/10
unless i'm being rused, then it's a solid 8/10

slovborg?

didnt know that user

Read them

Write some text games.

Now ignore the books and make memeposts about systemd on Holla Forums.

suck a guy off while re-installing gentoo

Gde si kupio knjige?

upgrade to gentoo hardened

u knjizari, trazio nesto bez veze, i video sam da imaju ovo

Nisam imao pojma da se mogu naci na srpskom.
U kojoj/kakvoj knjizari? Jel bi se mogle naci u Novom Sadu?

Did you install it on your Thinkpad?

Remember, it has to be an ancient thinkpad or else its botnet

Fuck anything but kubuntu on a thinkpad, especially a tablet hybrid. It just works, no hassle.

Transform into a leafeon

Read SICP.

Say something angry and uninformed about systemd.

a meme language book written in another meme language

After you get comfortable with C, learn how to write proper C because K&R will leave you writing buggy and exploitable programs.

шмх фам

Књижара папирус у Параћину где деца купују оловке и прибор за школу хахахх.... у Новом саду можеш сто посто наћи ако сам ја нашао у овој селендри.

Ево мењам СССС

installed on thinkcentre m58p, i have one ibms thinkpad pentium one, playing starcraft

why should i? there is plenty good source about systemd
uselessd.darknedgy.net/ProSystemdAntiSystemd/
suckless.org/sucks/systemd

nice meme

suckless is one of best things happened to GNU/Linux in general. They are making software how it need to be made.

kek
kill urself

install trisquel, gentoo still calls itself "linux".

Suckless produces ironical software that sometimes happens to work. They made this slideshow software called sent that only works with text under an arbitrary and undefined length, and tried to shrug it off as a "it's not a bug, it's a feature".

Then dwm (ironically named after Windows Longhorn's window manager) can only be configured if you recompile the whole program because config files are bloat (despite the UNIX philosophy saying otherwise), and they managed to sell it to Arch kiddies because "it's 1337 and lightweight". There are better (and even lighter) tiling WM out there, but people still go for dwm because it was marketed to the kind of ricers who suck up to suckless.

Also, st (actually a fairly good learning source, but we are talking about actually using it here) is marketed as a lightweight terminal emulator, but it actually consumes more than the "extremely bloated" urxvt if you open more than one instance. With 2 st terminals, you consume twice as much as with one st terminal, whereas with 2 urxvt terminals, you only consume slightly more than one urxvt terminal (and you didn't even consume much more than a single st terminal anyway).

Suckless is meme hobbyist software that tries to pass itself as some hot shit when it's actually the equivalent the kind of helper bash scripts you would upload to Pastebin or Debian Paste in C. It's good as a teaching resource, but if you believe they are anything else than that, you got yourself caught.

That suckless page STILL says that systemd "replaces" sudo and su by providing a command with partially overlapping functionality in a systemd package that most distros don't install by default, and it STILL claims that DNS resolution is done in PID 1. These people have no idea how systemd works.

The darknedgy guy does know how systemd works, though. I hope you've read and understood it, because it also points out how a lot of the arguments on the suckless page are inane.

Now that I think of it, you probably haven't read both of them, or you wouldn't have posted both of them.

The suckless people have no idea how software works.

adadmkanfajsdmaygasdlas asdkaagggasd rsoyia soviet union

This

You could have at least suggested Utuo.

Try reddit.

If you have corrections to the page you're welcome submit them to the repository: git://git.suckless.org/sites

Now enjoy the endless Gentoo lag. Gcc4 and ffmpeg2 will come to you, but ONLY if you install Gentoo.

but OP is a fag

Why do people even bother trying to """""learn""""" to program in """"languages"""" other than English?

not OP, how do I do this?

You better bow down to your new programming God Zed Shaw and you better start sucking on it.

But his book is shit.

Suckless is static linking central.

Fortunately, static linking isn't used by any distro.
E.g. on Gentoo gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/x11-terms/st/st-0.7.ebuild?id=2a7c16f77083597c1c0fb3933dba9439e41ad866

You better like shit maggot.

This is so bullshit it's not even funny. urxvt is a bloated mess and they have the right call here. It's bloated in code so it consumes more icache lines than it deserves, a no go for a program that's very common in use. Executing two statically linked terminals shouldn't increase shit because they can share the same text segment, doesn't matter how, they have the same code there is no need to have two of them in memory.
You think dynamic linking is a simple solution for library symbol duplication and memory consumption because you don't know the details, it has problems because some programs need older symbols, so they added symbol versioning which basically guarantees you will have multiple versions of the same symbol in memory, completely defeating the reason why dynamic linking exists in the first place.
The only reason static linking is a problem is security concerns in libraries, which means you will need to recompile everything using that library, that can be a very big problem if you didn't compile the program yourself, but most people today update security bugs with a package manager so nothing really changes.
If you can handle that, not having dynamic linking is a godsend, no more need for package managing insanity, dependency hells, and incompatible libraries bullshit. This is so bothersome for production it spawned the container meme, now we have big ass collection of libraries statically built into one package as a process that has no external dependencies, and they are all using dynamic linking inside for no reason. An unnecessary complexity we wouldn't need as much (Still useful for grouping services) if we had a kernel that did proper sandboxing and static binaries. It also spawned the appimage meme, which is pretty much static linking in a retarded way.

Gud post, but what did you mean by this? That's mostly GCC's and glibc's fault.

Let me rephrase it:

Oh, I'm an idiot.

are you me

I dun get it.