What Went Wrong?

When was it that this show began to nosedive and what caused its quality to noticeably decline?

Massive delays in episodes and having their overall run cut short meant a ton of story ended up getting cut out.
Mabel is never made to learn her fucking lesson even though she's chiefly responsible for a lot of the shit that goes wrong.
Lame cop-out ending that invalidates any impact or emotional weight moments after it happens.

Otherwise, it was a pretty good run overall.

I feel as though the writing and world-crafting really began to tank after Stanford got situated back in the shack.

Season 2 overall was noticeably rushed and sloppy despite all those delays and constant reassurances that the whole plot was planned out. They could and should have extended the Weirdmageddon event out: made a half-length season 3 in Bill's pocket dimension, had that "eternal summer" crap they teased, made Mabel confront her bad choices, done something substantial with Bill and the Stans' backgrounds, maybe even introduced the Twins' parents and fleshed out the family a little.
That's the problem with a show that uses speculation and fanwanking as a crutch; the dozens autists that latch onto the show are all but gauranteed to have better ideas than the people writing (or at least the executives holding the leash) by sheer virtue of collaboration, obsession over minutia, and unrestrained creative freedom, so any possible official pay-off is gonna be a letdown compared to the more popular theories.
That being said; knowing that you'll disappoint no matter what is no excuse to throw everything out and cap it with a asinine and banal literal "and everyone lived happily ever after" montage bullfuckery.

I thought that Hirsch said he was stuck with two seasons on his own volition.

People keep saying the show went to shit, but I think it was pretty good from beginning to end.
People just like to complain like bitches bleeding. I mean, just relax. It was a cool cartoon, they did the right thing by not giving it several seasons, it was okay.

it did go to shit you're just retarded

Alex Hirsch.

I binged it all recently and Im with you but

filler but fun. Much better than a certain road trip episode
and it carried the lesson that cheating is a necessary part of life, especially when confronted with a villain

Fuck off Hirsch.

Also, occasionally you need to murder someone and never speak of it again.

Soos did eat a man alive

Missed potential. Way too many delays. Too short to offer a fulfilling ending for all the build up, too long to end short and sweet like Garden Wall. I also think the modernization of the writing hurt it a bit, with shit like memes.

I mean, yeah, it's certainly not terrible. It's just a shame that the second season was so disappointing, and any show from hereonout that attempts something similar will just be written off as a Gravity Falls ripoff even if it does it better.

It was a summer mystery show intead of a parody of summer mystery shows.

Wasn't GF always mostly standalones?

What disappointed me personally was the fact that it wasn't able to live up to its full potential. And the moment I knew the show would never be able to recover was the episode Escape from Reality. Once I saw that episode, I knew for a fact that the finale would be a hastily cobbled together mess since there were so many loose ends, undeveloped characters, and questions that had yet to be answered, there simply wouldn't be enough time to address them all.

I guess in many respects I expected way too much from a show geared towards children. Especially since I was expecting Gravity Falls to be one of the absolute best animated shows ever made. But as is, it was an average show looking back. It may not be a show I'm going to rewatch over and over again, but I did have a fond memories when I first watched it.

GF is honestly one of my favorite shows of recent, but I wish they treated it better when the show was coming to its big build-up.
I would have either liked a shorter season 3 or a tv-movie, so the plot had more breathing room.

Cry moar, faggot.

I just watched this with my sister, and it was fucking awesome, i loved it.
Season 2 was rushed though. Stanford coming back should've been the season 2 final.
I heard it was getting a season 3 because the ratings on the finale were so high? If thats true, fuck you disney. When a man has a story, you let him tell it and get the hell out of his way.

I like the show a 9.
But objectively is a 7.9/10
Episodes 18-32 including shorts is a near perfect run and that's something admirable.
The Mabel stuff had to be understood instead of being properly addressed.
In fact that, many of the character stuff had to "be understood" or "pay attention on the little interactions and fan wank about them because we don't know how to address them."

And what everyone says.
10 episodes could've easily been pulled from weirdmageddon alone.
But I understand why they decided to cut it there.
They didn't know how much longer Disney was going to drag them and as I understand the final code the team wanted to end the series with the audience they began with instead of ending with a complete different audience.

A lot of shit was probably left for Journal 3.
Does anyone has the PDF?

okie dokie artichokie

it's shit but I dig the blonde

Filthy Candy makes me hard. Am I sick?

No man, they just wanted the best possible product!

I think it was okay.
Sure the end was rushed but overall it was good and consistent.

BAZINGA

Top notch humor here, right my fellow nerds?

It was okay, towards the end the show stumbles and never quite recovers, Hirsch's politics start to bleed into the script in how he handles Mabel and Dipper as characters, and he missed out on an opportunity to establish best Ship by making Dipper still lust after a woman he can literally never have rather than the rich blonde who totally wants his meat.

Overall, it's okay, it ended before Hirsch could really start to fuck things up. If we got a 3rd season I guarantee we'd have had hamfisted feminist messages start to crop up.

I thought the way they replaced Stan with Ford as Dippers guardian was also sort of fucked up. Here you had an interesting relationship with the two and they both sort of grew from each other, then Dipper "upgrades" to Ford and all that character growth is sort of pushed to the side.

yes, it's a disease
get help

It's ok user, you can say feminism here without a pack of rapid trannies jumping you.

Didn't Hirsch actually comment on that?

Aren't you the same autist that defended le bazinga theory in that old Pan Pizza thread.

Penny is shit.

D'OH

You might as well post Zombie Simpsons to claim old Simpsons was shit.