ELRIC THE RUBY THRONE

Are you tired of beyond subpar comics with crammed political agenda and Tumblr-tier art? Say no more. Lets have a good comic storytimed here with kick ass art and based on Elric and Stormbringer.

My apologies if the posts are too slow to update or there are few pics in between. These files are really fuckin big.

I tried reading this a while back. It's got a neat concept, even if it's edgy as fuck, but kind've a mixed execution. The biggest gripe is that I have a hard time understanding the lore and mindset of the people at times. Something about it just didn't really flow when I was reading. Like you're supposed just kinda supposed to go with it instead of really understanding it.

OP here and yeah I feel the same. I am storytiming mostly for the gorgeous art, even if the plot is confusing because they throw everything at you and expect you to roll with it.

Goddamn this was edgy as fuck. What the fuck am I reading?

This is pretty good is there more?

Yeah but these files are so fucking big I am having problem uploading them.

He should have just killed that guy
What a fag

Your girl cucks you with her own brother. Can this get any worse?

This art's amazing, this world is edgier than HP Lovecraft having sex with Martin's severed head.

Gonna see if I can finish this now.

user if you thought that was edgy imagine this right here

Just you wait and see what happens next.

And that is the end I am afraid.
Pretty shit ending if you ask me. But oh well… Here is some interesting stuff also posted besides the story.

This is the edgyiest shit since sharpened bismuth. I like like it,though.

Is this the thing that people say that The Witcher is a copy of?

Apparently yeah. Elric and Geralt are both white-haired, magical swordfighters and they are also called "the White Wolf". Even Elric's author despises the Witcher series. Outside of their physical appearences, they have nothing alike however, whether by motivations, personality or what have you.

There are way more obvious Elric rip-offs than Geralt if you ask me.

Weak as fuck, user. This is more tolerable than Tumblr cancer, but still pretty bad.

I don't really see it to be honest. A white wolf has been a thing ever since someone saw one and thought it was cool. It's been a thing since as long as I can remember. Shit if there is a wolf or a werewolf there is about a 70% the speshul one will be a literal white wolf. Is Elric really the first character that has been referrenced as such?

So just like Game of Thrones?

I don't think he was the first White Wolf. With that said any male character with white hair who is a magic user is regarded a Elric rip-off.

Its probably even edgier than GoT since they dont have a House Stark, someone with common decency for the world to shit on it or comment how terrible this world is. And sadism flows in the Melnibonean's blood.

This comic is Warhammer Fantasy Dark Elves: The comic.

The ending was shitty and too short.

There are loads of Elric stories Moorecock wrote over the years.

(I) Elric of Melniboné
Book 1
Book 2
Book 3
The Fortress of the Pearl
(II) The Sailor on the Seas of Fate
Book One: Sailing To the Future
Book Two: Sailing To the Present
Book Three: Sailing To the Past
Elric at the End of Time
(III) The Weird of the White Wolf
Prologue: The Dream of Earl Aubec
Book One: The Dreaming City
Book Two: While the Gods Laugh
Book Three: The Singing Citadel
(IV) The Vanishing Tower (original title: The Sleeping Sorceress)
Book One: The Torment of the Last Lord
Book Two: To Snare the Pale Prince
Book Three: Three Heroes With a Single Aim
The Revenge of the Rose
(V) The Bane of the Black Sword
Book One: The Stealer of Souls
Book Two: Kings in Darkness
Book Three: The Flame Bringers (original title: The Caravan of Forgotten Dreams)
Epilogue: To Rescue Tanelorn
(VI) Stormbringer
Book One: Dead God's Homecoming
Book Two: Black Sword's Brothers
Book Three: Sad Giant's Shield
Book Four: Doomed Lord's Passing

There's only one hero in GoT, boy.

my dick

Indeed, Ser Davos counts I was giving a more general example, faction wide of what would have been like if there was no decent people to counter the corruption and degenerancy in the world like the Elricverse.

Like the Dark Elves from Warhammer

I'd say D&D Rastlin Majere is a even more shameless Elric rip-off since he is a white-haired, morally ambiguous, frail magic user in contrast to his tall, brawny brother who is inspired by Conan, whom Elric was designed as his polar opposite.

Speaking of that I am going to storytime a comic where Conan and Elric met with each other.

Panel 3, Page 3 needs to be a macro.
MAKE IT SO

Melborné society look like a crossed tribe

What the fuck is this shit
Is the author a literal cuck?

Draw your own conclusion.

If the Crossed had any sense of refinement and were a whole Hannibal Lecter race.

This explains a lot.

That's nasty

Does anyone have the old Elric comics by Michael T. Gilbert or Walt Simonson?

Adam Warlock was an Elric ripoff.

Personally, I was always more a fan of Elric's reincarnation, Jerry Cornelius. King Mob, Aeon Flux, Austin Powers, Jason King (who the Hellfire Club version of Mastermind was based on) and certain incarnations of Dr. Who all owe something to Jerry. The Doctor and Cornelius even crossed swords, once, in a Who novel written by Moorecock. He even wrote the novelisation of The Great Rock n' Roll Swindle as a Jerry Cornelius story, so there's a Sex Pistols crossover. Jerry showed up in The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Hawkwind wrote songs about both Elric and Jerry.
And there was a brilliant trainwreck of a movie made about Jerry, The Final Programme.

Jerry and Elric are both incarnations of Moorecock's Eternal Champion, a hero who ties together all of Moorecock's fiction. He generally means well, but invariably ends up on the wrong side and just makes everything worse. The Champion's appearance is the sure death knell of a civilisation, and Jerry Cornelius, or Elric, or Jherec Carnelian, or Lord Jagged, or whatever he calls himself, is the carrion crow of the apocalypse. (notice his initials, lol)

Moorcock… That shit writes itself.

I am waiting someone at readcomicsonline to upload them.

So he writes about a character who is like Link but is the king of all fuckups? Who is supposed to be Jesus Christ??? Am I not getting that initial thing?

Well, Bishop Beesley, if he is to be believed, said that at one point the church thought Jerry might have been The Saviour. He might be the Antichrist, too. His lover Miss Brunner might be the Whore Of Babylon and the computer they built might be the Beast of Revelations.
But the only thing we can be sure of is that JERRY FUCKS EVERYTHING UP. Constantly. He's a lot like Aeon Flux in that I don't remember him ever actually completing a mission and killing the right person, or at least without getting killed himself. I think Elric was a bit more competent, but ultimately just as big a screw-up.

Moebius did some Jerry Cornelius comics, IIRC…