Lucid Dreamers

I FREQUENTLY get sleep paralysis. A whole lot. And I've always hated it, but now I realize its a great virtue!

Apparently, lucid dreamers will intentionally induce sleep paralysis to make it easier to realize they're asleep. What is a good way to go from SP to lucid dreaming? I always get scared and try to break out of it. Every time.

Im going to keep a Yume Nikki (Dream Diary) now. Any other pointers? I'd really like to turn my curse in to a blessing here.

I'm in the same position as you OP, so I'm bumping this thread with tits for more attention

Where are all the lucid dreamers :

(Checked)
My cousin is a lucid dreamer, he always tell me about all the weird stuff he dream about. He also told me that he tried to wake up on purpose once and it was pretty horrible, he couldn't move and saw weird colors everywhere since his eyes were still on REM sleep or some shit like that.

Personally, once I fall asleep the next thing I know is that I'm waking up.

Yep that's SP. Its pretty awful IME. I get this very realistic pain that makes me want to cry. Luckily that doesn't happen very often whatsoever. Its only happened to me during the initial stages of withdrawal or staying up too long (as in 2-3 days) and being stressed as a result.

Most of the time its me simply being paralyzed. And I can tell if its SP because not only has it happened so damn much, but I get this very loud buzzing sound in my ears and it manifests to a physical vibration in my body. Doesnt necessarily hurt, but its odd. I also can see things around me. I routinely fall asleep to youtube videos, and I can see/hear them.

Problem is that even sometimes when I think, "Im not gonna get scared this time. Let's try this" I end up going to sleep without going in to lucid dreaming. Just blackness. I guess this is my fault for not having a keen sense of dream recall, but I still want to know the trick to going LD from SP specifically

some fag spammed a bunch of the same thread. So bump

Checked Riggity Reckt

To get a lucid dream, I usually sleep face down.

Also trying to mentally wake up from it is terrible.

In a bit more detail. I have to wake up at like 4:30 to go to work, riding school buses then at 7:30 I get about 15 minutes til the next run, so I'll set an alarm on my phone, and lay down on one of the 3 seaters.

If I'm laying face down I'll usually have a dream that feels about an hour long. these dreams range from relaxing with my gf, to some panic mode shit.

This morning's had me working on my models in the basement, I had just finished a small Abrams looking tank. So I take it upstairs to put on the shelf, but my dad's in the living room, on the couch, so I show him. He's impressed and makes some 'vrooms' and 'ka-pows' and knocks something else off the coffee table. I reach to pick it up, and it changes to something else, like into a Lego piece.

That's when I realized that it was a dream and work would start soon, so I concentrate on waking up, but I fall into the basement. Not like down the stairs, or breaking the floor below me, but just sinking into it. But it's not quite right, the room's empty, the carpet was blue instead of green, and the walls were also a very light blue, instead of white, like a piece of paper under an LED.

Next thing I know, I'm in the bus so I get up, push the doors open and walk to the next bus, but after I step off, every step sinks into the ground. Shit, still not actually awake. Now, trying to move at all feels like I'm covered in glue. I start worrying about being able to wake up on time, and slowly sink further down.

Then finally, I jolt up from the seat, and beat the alarm by a minute.

The only time I've gotten sleep paralysis consistently was when I was still working on concocting a good mix of herbs for lucid dreaming. I usually got it when I had too much valerian root in the mix. Then I typically got it when I woke up from a vivid but not lucid dream in the middle of an REM cycle. Sometimes you can get back to sleep and sleep lucidly but I did not do it in the same night as SP often (I actually don't remember it happening at all).

If you get into REM in 15 minutes then you must have an interesting and consistent sleep schedule. Or at least a consistently inconsistent one where your body doesn't expect to sleep for many hours at a time. For someone on a conventional schedule you spend (by some estimates) about 2 hours a night in REM and 6 hours getting there. The REM is when your body performs all the functions that you need sleep for (as opposed to just rest which is important but not as essential). So if you're not sleeping for that much at a time then your body gets into REM in a lot less than the 6 hours that someone with a normal sleep schedule would. 15 minutes to REM is really exceptional and interesting. From what I've read, typically, it takes 3 or 4 consistent periods of sleep a day to get into rem that fast.

More generally;

I've been struggling with lucid dreaming the last month or so. I was doing it almost 7 days a week last spring, and doing well in the early fall but wasn't doing what I needed to in the fall and so far in the winter. I find that you really need to be consistent to be lucid 7 days a week. As in not deviating your the time you go to sleep by more than an hour even on the weekends and getting 7-9 hours ever night. Quitting uppers helps with sleeping for longer periods and also being more consistent. Quitting weed can help with dream recall and ultimately lucid dreaming. Doing a lot of dmt during the day will also make things more vivid and easier to be lucid during.

And there are a ton of drugs and herbs that can help with vividity and recall; and ultimately lucidity. But there's no substitute for consistent and healthy sleeping/eating/exercise habits. Just buying the herbs is a waste of money if you're not going to get your life somewhat in order with the other stuff; and it has been a good motivation for me at times.

Sounds like you got demons harassing you. Get some Jersus in your life ASAP.

I have plenty of Jesus.

Yeah, cool, why not.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I remember when I use to have sp

Here's one of my most awkward lucid dream:
tip: avoid reality overlap or you'll lose a hard earned lucid dream moment.

Free /lucid/ dreaming guide incoming:
Best way is to write down your dreams or interrupt your sleep halfway/thirdway and remember what happened in the dream then sleep again/snooze.

Possibility is that you'll dream of something similar as your previous dreams or recent dream (like same setting or action/sound etc).
I too had a yume nikki and i started to notice some dreams continue for some reason while others are repetitive maybe because I keep on re-imagining the dreams by reading my diary. If you become aware of being asleep you'll snap out of it and enter lucid state which for me feels like the most active and focused state of mind although the problem is i sometimes try to snap out of it due to physical discomfort.

You don't need to fly away or some astral shit that others claim separate your soul to body or see your body etc.

Just imagine everything. You can imagine a little girl and feel her touch. At first you'll see it's dark and scary, focus on creating light and any form of color until you can see stuff and imagine any thing with impeccable accuracy. There is no limit contrary to the 'you suddenly become aware of the dream and you can fly' crap that is fake lucid dream because you're still in the same setting and I call it 'dream exploration' instead but it's also good in its own way since you're not aware of your surroundings (unlike lucid dreams where you have create everything from scratch).

I had woke up 4-5 hours ago (unintentionally) and then I just woke up about 15 mins ago (as per schedule). I've only had a consistent sleep schedule for 3 days now. Oddly enough, I go to bed with a 1-2 hour deviation each night, but I wake up at nearly the same exact time each night. For the past 3 days at least.

I forgot my yume for the most part. But then it somehow came back to me in fragments and I jotted down a decent few lines about it. So I didn't remember every bit of the yume, but I did well enough to remember some of it (which is better than nothing, especially for day one)

I've gone lucid and I've had an astral projection twice. Both unintentionally. In the LD I could fabricate objects, and spin around thinking of where I want to be, and it happened. The astral projection was a bit different. It was like SP without the hallucinations, fear, or actual paralysis. I was levitating a couple feet in the air and couldn't see myself in the mirror. Then I felt a force pulling me to my body and I could see myself sleeping. Then I went back in and that was about it.

Also that sounds great. I can't wait until I sex my 2D waifus

Not only did you say have sex with your 2d waifu
You said waifus… ssss
THE NERVE OF THIS HERETIC

I FREAKING BET YOU USE THE SAME SET UP FOR EACH ONE YOU PIG

SEND ME BACK GOD DAMN IT

Sometimes I ejaculate in my sleep.
Is this normal?

I don;t have more than one. I just meant 2D girls I would fuck

Sounds like the life

Its called a nocturnal emission. Perfectly normal

If you're that retard OP from the data mining thread, the "s" in http means secure connection. Dipshit. Get better bait

Pic related waifu

Oh thats better.. Slightly.. Only slightly

How do I make myself lucid dream of being a girl?

If you can get to the LD stage, you just imagine it I guess. Cause once you're lucid, you can control your dreams, and all it takes it some imagination

I went in to sleep paralysis last night, and I acknowledged I was asleep. Didn't get scared either. I was like, "ok let's go ahead and do this" and remembered how I should try and imagine something to see it.

Stupid motherfucking kids were in my house screaming so I woke up

This is why I don't care to lose my virginity tbh. Kids are the bane of my existence

It's called 'nocturnal emission', and yes, it's perfectly normal. Mostly happens when you're sleeping lying on your belly.

Actually I just experienced it this night. I was dreaming of being a zombie with a chainsaw instead of a hand. I was chasing Lilith from the Borderlands, when she told me I'll probably have to take a shower soon, then I came and woke up.

I dreamed I was playing a game of wheelchair basketball. I was talking a lot of shit but it was fun.

if you have problems remembering your yume then dont open your eyes immediately after waking up. imagine the sequence of events and summarize them as simple as keywords.

if you're done try to open only one eye or jot down on a scratch paper with eyes closed because you will drown with IRL info once you open eyes especially if your room has lots of stuff.