Since Arnold is no longer tied down by doing the Apprentice TV show...

Since Arnold is no longer tied down by doing the Apprentice TV show, does that mean he may finally get around to making the Legend of Conan?

The man is a dried up grandpa. If he he was too low energy for the Apprentice, he's too low energy for Conan.

He might but I'm not excited to see it. Feels too little too late.

Even if it would suck, I just want a third Conan movie to give closure the franchise.

Nobody would take him seriously in this kind of role, he is too old. His last shot at making this movie was probably 15 years ago. Around the time he made Terminator 3.

Nah. That ship has sailed a long long time ago for many many reasons. The best he can get is Expendables appearances and they don't have him written seriously there as all. Hell they had Chuck Norris in there as a meme character who was basically introduced like a retarded overpowered fighting game character with bullets and rockets flying from out of fucking nowhere (very much like vid related), and he was treated more seriously ultimately than Arnie was.

No thanks.

Is it me or does Chuck look like a character from JOJO's Bizarre Adventure.

Nobody wants that. I'm tired of old Indiana Jones, old Han Solo, old, fat and ugly Leia. The last thing I want to see is old Conan.

wew. I was just thinking that guy looked like joseph,then i saw your post

This is insane

And for what point? So he can pass the torch to a new generation? No thanks… As bad as the 2011 movie was, I'd rather have a straight-up Conan with him in his prime doing shit he is best known for than being an old dried-up has been

Conan the King stories are the best ones and the most important, showing that the character actually had an arc as he developes from an inexperienced adventurer to a brutal killer and then to a fine leader of men with a sense of honor. I agree that Arnold is too old for the role now, though.

The concept I read was that Conan was a king and conqueror that grew into a bitter old man. He ran out of enemies to fight, so was denied the glory of death in battle. I heard they were going to go the Beowulf angle and have him go out in a blaze of glory, fighting a dragon or something.

Can't be fucked searching for the script, so I can't tell you how serious production was or how accurate the leaks were. Obviously not very accurate, because I read the leaks years ago and still no new Conan film.

Conan had its chance for a revival with the movie that came out a few years back. That big Hawaiian fucker did alright, and the movie was decent enough. It just got hate because it wasn't Ahnold.

Ahnold is over the hill. At this point, he can't even draw enough viewers to keep a lousy reality TV show afloat. The few movies he came out in from 2010 - 2014 were mediocre at best:
• Expendables is Sly Stallone's project, and is a niche market for the few remaining fans of 80s action movies that are left. The first one was alright, and really rode to success on the novelty of seeing all those old action stars on the big screen again, but they've gotten progressively worse, and aren't even really worth watching any more.
• Escape Plan is another Sly project, so it doesn't really even count as Arnie's accomplishment, but it was an OK movie.
• Sabotage was a by-the-numbers cop/murder movie. It was OK, but that's all it was.
• Maggie was gay - a zombie movie about four years after people stopped giving a shit about zombies, turned into some faggy father/daughter drama.
• Terminator Genisys: Meh.

And that's it. That's all he's done since 2010. He's either milking someone else's accomplishments, unsuccessfully riding the coat tails of his glory days, or washing out entirely.

The guy needs to be put down to keep him from further embarrassing himself. Pic related.

Oops, forgot about
• The Last Stand. Another by-the-numbers, one-man-army movie. With Johnny fucking Knoxville. Worth watching once, if you have time to kill and just want something on the screen.

The Legend of Conan: Liberal Adventures?
Can't fucking wait.
CALL THE GERIATRIC ASSISTANCE WE HAVE A MOVIE TO DO!!!

They'll probably replace him with a reboot Staring Trump

They should have done it when they made the other ones, But, aside from the original Conan, Dino de Laurentiis had Arnold do Conan the Destroyer. Raw Deal and Red Sonja and, as a result, when Arnold's contract expired Arnold didn't want to sign a new one.

Arnold already played in the new terminator - and you saw how that turned out.
Didn't watch it but some guy told me he is called "gramps" throughout the movie.

Old Arnold would be fine for Conan as there are stories of Conan being older as a king. My concern is that it will be made in the CURRENT YEAR so it'll have some kind of feminist shit in it or anti-white stuff or something to shove down our throats.

And the thing that's so great about the first Conan is that there's not that much dialogue. I think the director talked about this on the commentary. It was shot to be like an opera kind of with the music telling the story. There's also lots of things in there that hint at a bigger world, the most obvious being when Conan finds the sword and you see the old king on his throne. (I think the commentary says it's supposed to be an Atlantean general). It's kind of shot like they are watching Conan and their spirits are still in the tomb waiting for someone worthy to take the sword and then along comes Conan and they can move on.

Then you get the second one and it's just shitty generic fantasy movie for kids. A new one would probably be the same.

I thought it was boring. The guy that played Conan was perfect for the role though. They just wasted him on such a shit movie.

Sure, yeah, but like you say, current-year-ism will be sure to ruin it, as it does everything.
Kind of, I guess. But it was a reboot or a rehash or whatever the hell they call it now, so they wasted a lot of time on backstory that they didn't need in order to try and reel in a new generation of viewers. They fucked up doubly because the older fans didn't need the backstory, and the newer crowd didn't give a shit.

Once it got going, it was pretty alright. What's more, it could have led to more Conan movies. So everybody lost, because there's no new Conan, and we're stuck with the possibility of them trotting out Ahnold's withered, half-rotted corpse so he can put on a loincloth and phone-in another movie over thirty years after the first time he made the first one.

At the absolute best, a new Conan with Ahnold will be to that franchise what Genisys was for Terminator.

They also made it really edgy but didn't have hardly any nudity.

The new one was mess. The characters go through different and meaningless set pieces in rapid succession until they decide they will have finale fight in some dull skull cave. Most of the side characters were pretty much pointless luggage. Conan goes get the thief so he can do absolutely nothing useful and get trouble for no reason and the hussy might as well have been an inanimate McGuffin. They tried to give her something to do in fight scenes by having the bad guys attack her like they were trying to kill her, even though they needed her alive.

At this point it's just better to wait for the technology to get good enough to make photo realistic CGI Arnold.

They already had that in Terminator Salvation

Arnold still is, nominally at least, right-wing. It's possible he might prevent something like that.

Personally I think an old Conan movie might be good as a Beowulf kind of thing.

Arnold wasted a good portion of his years when he was still relatively young, fit and attractive being a shitty Governor for a shitty state. Ronald Reagan waited until he was old, relatively speaking, to get into politics.

I haven't seen it so I don't know how good CGI is in that. But what I mean is a CGI that is unrecognizable from a live actor without the uncanny valley effect.

I only saw it once, years ago, but I remember thinking they recreated Arnold's face perfectly. They used a body double though

Only of the cuckservative variety.

That's why I said 'nominally'

Pretty sure that's a Joseph recolor.

He's getting brownie points for complaining about Trump being the cause of his own bad performance, mainly stemming from the fact though that he likes illegal immigration because he has a beaner fetish so that means more disposable puta for him, and he also thinks everything the EPA does is godlike when other relatively conservative conservationists like Clint Eastwood have said repeatedly that he is a big fuckup on eco matters because of his state and Federal preferences.

Nominally right-wingers (i.e. cuckservatives) don't prevent poozing from happening in the first place… Or they wouldn't have been cuckservatives.

Guys, I just want to say this. Don't let his bullshit political views and recent downfalls dismiss all that he has done. He was a nobody in a small town in Austria and worked at his home, then he became the best bodybuilder, then the most paid actor in awesome movies, then a fucking governor. Don't let your childhood memories shatter because he fucked some fat maid and is a leftist cuck now.

People change…

the only thing worse than a cuckservative is a trumpcuck

Trump won, how does that make us cucks :) ?

I came into this thread just to tell you that Expendables 2 is the best, and 3 is only watchable because Mel is in it

Actors are false idols and always have been. Arnold cheated on his wife with a disgusting Mexican. He deserves all the hate he gets because he is and always has been a degenerate.

Maybe he was drunk. Dunno about you but I can't just shit all over his achievements, even though I hate that he became a cuck. Are you and I more perfect?

This. Everyone used to know this and actors were reviled. Then someone realized propping an easily manipulated mouthpiece as a hero has tremendous marketing and propaganda potential.

Even fictional heroes are better role models than people that pretend to be heroes for shekels.

Are you guys forgetting he was the best bodybuilder at his time?

What's so inspirational about being the top doper for a while?

and a steroids user.

What the fuck lol, are you pretending to be retarded? Do you think you just take roids an you become Mr. Olympia?

I reckon you'd need to lift some stuff too on the side and luck out with getting a good manager deal.

This clip is exactly how I view body builders.

lol, you're a fucking cuck and I shouldn't waste my time replying to you. It took hard work and good genetics. It wasn't fucking luck to come from some shithole in Austria to USA and become one of the most popular people on Earth. I swear, some of you fucking guys… it's like you defend your argument even if you know it's retarded just so you won't lose.

wew

Arnold's father was an SS officer who volunteered. They were well off and not starving. Who cares about an old washed up body builder and failed governor.

I want neo Holla Forums users to leave

Whatever retard, if you think you've won any argument then good for you. You're just a jealous manbaby, Arnold acomplished 1000x more things in life than you.

Arnold has had too many face lifts now, I don't think he's capable of portraying an authentic old Conan.

In the 70s to mid 80s? Sure, doesn't hurt. Why do you think he has heart trouble if he's a genetic freak like you say he is?

They never prevent the laws from being passed because they know the laws will never apply to them. But when things do apply to them, they will defend themselves.

Arnold's clearly not a feminist given the way he treated his wife, so I don't think we'd have cause for concern there. His views on race are probably more murky given the maid and their Mexican-Austrian half-breed bastard son

Would watch.