What is the difference between anime and cartoons? I know anime is made in Japan, and cartoons in America...

What is the difference between anime and cartoons? I know anime is made in Japan, and cartoons in America, but is there more? Does the art style count for anything? Would and anime-styled cartoon made in America be anime? Would a western styled show made in Japan still be anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NWAIOuWoa6g
youtube.com/watch?v=7WKAmPBgn28
youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6JFG5YKMY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anime is for cuckolds

cuckime

cuckime

Autism

cuckime

dubs confirm

Autism

cuckime

I just realized we are aproaching >>666666

cuckime

There is no difference.

le Holla Forums army will GET them digits for KEK praise KEK not JESUs cuckstainanity not even once haha LOL

WRONG! I will get the get for our queen Maisie! And Jennyfags will be eternally BTFO!

cuckime

Autism

now that's what i call cuckime

anime is for unenlightened rulefags who haven't taken the hehpill.

Well this thread got completely derailed. I guess I'll have to ask again some other time.

fuck off back to /a/ with your cuckime. weeb

Do you know the difference between live action and anime?
You sure don't cause you're posting it here.

There isn't any.

Are you sure?

well both are watched by cuckold manchildren virgin NEET no lifes and actual children

so yeah im sure

They both exist solely to sell merch to children and lonely autistic adults.

Asking another time will result in the same shit.

These are representative examples of cartoons:
youtube.com/watch?v=NWAIOuWoa6g
youtube.com/watch?v=7WKAmPBgn28
youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6JFG5YKMY

They're short comedy films that are based on stage entertainment like vaudeville. Their filmmaking style is very flat and simple and stage-like, characters are caricatures or humanized animals, the animation is very exaggerated and expressive, they emphasize exaggerated physical comedy, the music is less like music and more like sound effects… they have a very particular aesthetic. American animation is derived from cartoons and you can clearly still see the resemblance in today's shows, even if they aren't exactly cartoons.

Anime started developing in the 1960s based on manga, which was attempting to emulate the style of live action filmmaking and was focused on longform storytelling. Anime was built around the tight production limitations of television at the time, and developed a completely different animation style than American animation (you can even spot it in American-designed productions outsourced to Japanese studios). It also has very different character design, and basically every production aspect of anime is very different from cartoons and American animation at large, as well as the stories and how they're told. The anime industry and American animation industry work in drastically different ways. The cultures between Japan and America are very different. There's too many differences to list in detail, but basically everything is different.

Anime uses the same principles as live action filmmaking, has the same goals, and covers about all the same things (but not exclusively). This can't be said for cartoons or even American animation in general.

Anyone who claims cartoons and anime are the same or even similar is either extremely ignorant or pushing an agenda.

no difference tbh

This is nothing but insane hysterical rambling.

I don't know where Westerners get this merchandise obsession from. Merchandise is just one aspect of how anime is commercialized, and almost all of it is made by external companies paying royalties to the production committee. The more popular an anime is, the more merchandise appears, and people don't buy merchandise unless they like the anime.

t. pedo weeb

Cartoons usually do frame rates of something like 2 of the same frames then 3 of the same frames or 2's and 3's. Anime I think does 3's and 4's. So you can see the animation seeming a bit clunkier in anime than in cartoons.

Anime also has a plain lower budget in general so you end up with more anime in general being produced. Which means more variety in what anime is produced which can make it seem more interesting in comparison to cartoons which have to play it safe with their stories due to their higher budgets (like you wouldn't find animation like in Gravity Falls being used for a drama since it just isn't done).

Two nukes weren't enough.

this tbh

anime/cartoons are fail

Cartoon is rooted in Disney and Warner Bros while anime is rooted in classic French animations.

Normalfags everywhere.

Nice projection, pedo weeb.

The ideal in American animation is to have constant and smooth animation, somewhere between 12 and 24 FPS. Detail will be sacrificed as necessary, because motion is the most important thing. Anime varies its framerate a lot, and uses drawings more sparingly and efficiently. Smooth animation in anime is usually 12 FPS, and you see it all the time, but it doesn't occur as consistently as in American cartoons or movies.

American shows have high budgets because everyone is paid so much money. In the anime industry, people don't get paid more than middle class wages, aside from very successful voice actors (who don't even get all their money from just anime, and still make peanuts compared to top American voice actors). The American industry also lacks skill and relies completely on outsourcing.

Yeah, better nuke another country because they're better at something. It's easier than making an effort.

Anime has nothing in particular to do with French animation.

cuckime

Autism

cuckime

CUCKIME

tbh

Autism

Low energy bot.

cuckime

why are weebs so pathetic lol

Early animes were heavily inspired by French animation.

Anime is nothing but melodrama, schlock, and something in between. American cartoons might be shit, but anime isn't any better.

That's because most anime could be done in live action without losing much of value. Bunch of boring androgynous fags talking in a bland school setting? Screenplay in american cartoon can't be executed in live action effectively, but in most anime it can.

stop being such a pedophile, weeb

Osamu Tezuka was a fan of American animation, specifically Disney. He based his character designs on American cartoons, and also tried to make his manga look and flow like cinema. The animation techniques of the Astro Boy anime adaptation were driven by the constraints of television production. I can't remember ever reading anything about Tezuka being influenced by French animation. Some animators in the 60s and 70s may have been fans of French animation, but it has not shaped anime.

Incorrect.

Anime is a much more advanced form of animation.

Not even K-On could be done in live action without losing its essence, and anime routinely does things that can't be transferred to live action, at least not well, even if the setting and story are mundane.

The reason why anime uses drawings more sparingly and efficiently is because of the limitations of television production, because of the use of cinematic techniques that allow for fewer drawings, because of a desire to have detailed character designs and drawings which take more time to animate, and because of a system of resource management where some scenes use animation sparingly so that more resources can be allocated to more important scenes.

stop raping 2D lolis, pedo weeb

CTRL + F cuckime
This isn't even a meme anymore, it's mass psychosis.

cuckime
u
c
k
i
m
e

Goes on >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/a/

What the fuck are you babbling about? I am talking about the number of times "cuckime" was posted in this thread, why should I make a thread about it on /a/?

See

only weeb pedos care about cuckime tbh

See

Nice projection, pedo weeb. Again.

Again, why should I make a thread about this on /a/? What the fuck are you smoking?

Explain why I should make a thread on /a/.

your pedo weebery is obvious to all onlookers, pedo weeb

Nice projection, pedo weeb. Again.

So you can't explain? Then why the fuck did you say anything in the first place?

you are cuck who likes cuckime. /a/ is the cuckime board. that is your home.

I don't have a girlfriend, Holla Forums includes anime, and I didn't make this thread.

return home to your cuckime board

What the FUCK is wrong with you fucking people?

What did he mean by this?

All me tbh

he is a pedo weeb. his kind are never stable.

Ok, I'm done with this fucking board.

I just filed a global report for spam (since the BO never responds to any reports of any kind for any reason), but they'll probably sit on their asses as usual.

Do you feel in charge?

pottery

good flightplan

Really gets the neurons firing.

You are a small guy.

What is the difference between Bollywood and Hollywood?

The smell.