5 years

5 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

bobhobbs.com/files/kr_lovecraft.html
youtube.com/watch?v=H4YRPdRXKFs
anders.unix.se/2015/10/28/screenshots-from-developers--unix-people-2002/
gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html
cnet.com/news/tech-luminaries-laud-dennis-ritchie-5-years-after-death-second-death-syndrome/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bobhobbs.com/files/kr_lovecraft.html

youtube.com/watch?v=H4YRPdRXKFs

Goodnight, sweet prince. ;_;7

Is he already forgotten? All I saw this week was articles about Steve Jobs and Ada Lovelace.

Did normalcunts ever know who he was in the first place?

No, he won't be forgotten, as long as we keep his memory alive.

Yeah, big fucking surprise. I'm too jaded to rage at their predictability anymore.

Already? Time really does fly by.

he's running windows on the desktop in the background?

Likely, though it may not be his own computer.

Yes.
anders.unix.se/2015/10/28/screenshots-from-developers--unix-people-2002/
Connecting to other operating systems from Windows is easier than having a setup that lets you run MS Office from those other operating systems, especially if you designed those other operating systems to be distributed.

But C was a mistake.

So the man has more important things to worry about than showing off his system to plebs and normies.

t. richard steinman

C was never that good. It's a meme language from the 70s for systems in the 70s. Pascal was faster than C until an enormous amount of work was done on compilers to make C better. Compilers did not get good until the mid 80s. We have multi-core chips and c/c++ are inadequate for the hardware.

Jesus, what can king of the Freetards do?

He only started the emacs and GNU system, his code probably makes up less than 1%
the idea of open source software existed before Stallmans manifesto
He did NOT make Linux relevant, in fact he failed miserably at making it relevant, Google did a better job at making Linux relevant than he did

Original AI research. He invented dependency-directed backtracking.

He's held Linux back if anything

I wish I could say the same of myself

By doing to its userland what Torvalds did to the kernel?

Torvalds at least has code standards

gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html

Pajeet, the Google CEO, was stupid enough to think Ritchie has been alive for the last 5 years.
cnet.com/news/tech-luminaries-laud-dennis-ritchie-5-years-after-death-second-death-syndrome/

Yep.

Hah, until you mentioned it, I forgot Jobs died around the same time as Dennis did.

Eat something off the bottom of his foot. He's working on a cook book I hear.

I know that feel.