Torrent clients

Now that rtorrent is defacto ded is deluge the best torrent client?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rakshasa/rtorrent/wiki/Using-DHT
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

please elaborate

Not developed anymore doesn't mean dead, anyway. Find me something similar (e.g. not your libtorrent/python bloat) and we'll talk. Maybe transmission.

transmission faggot

oh you mean that client that gets hacked like every other week?

By "getting hacked every other week", do you mean "the OS X installer was replaced by a malicious version one time"?

No thank you. It's transmission for me all day long now. Also, consider . Software can be "done".

have you seen the issues list?

qBitorrent?

Not until now, never mind. At least it still holds in general.

Shit, but not unusual
goofy_I've_been_cheated_for_the_last_time.m2ts

+1 for Transmission. I can't stand how other clients are trying to be this huge program that takes up the entire screen like it's some kind of command center. It's a torrent client for fuck's sake, anything larger than the palm of my hand on the screen is bloat.

Get the fuck out, normalfag

They're up to two times now.

are you retarded?

Either run *nix or kindly get your botnet off the public internet my dude

There is literally nothing wrong with ruTorrent.

Deluge is shit.
It randomly stops seeding after significant amounts of time.
It consumes god awful amounts of RAM.

rtorrent just werks, and it works well on everything.
I don't like that the only decent webui isn't fully cross compatible with BSD, and is a pain to install.

pick one and only one my friendo

I use the transmission CLI, but because I don't trust it, I run it within a FreeBSD jail that can only connect to through VPN.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE BITS

It really needs labels though.

What's with all the m$ marketers lately?
Are they getting that desperate?

Also why would microsoft shill on this dead ass piece of shit board?

They don't know what to do with their money. Pajeets won't consume all your budget.

I use baretorrent and it does a pretty good job. I don't see why you need fancy graphs like in . I also think transmission in has a distracting interface. Use it if you want.

Its been called M$ for at least 20 years, so you should be saying "like someone in their 30s". That implies that you have a fresh new acronym that is more memetic and with only two characters the bar is set really high. You might as well just give up now and kill yourself, a better descriptor cannot be done. Ever.

Do you see a trip?

Qbittorrent.

I see a disgusting namefaggot.

That's better then

Did I ever tell you that I'm Australian?

you're the faggot my friend.

I've been using qBittorent for years and I'm pretty happy with it. All around very solid torrent client with all the features I need.

more like qBotnet amirite?

I hope it happens 30 more times

Using wheezy oldstable, keep hating, faggots

explain

Doesn't it also depend on boost and shitbar libs?

it serves me well, thank you :^)

Junge, was...?

DROWN YOURSELF IN SOMETHING

makes no sense since I use tabbed windows a lot but I'll go with it

rice

to be frank I can't bring myself over using an anime girl name or something similar; there's also nothing wrong with being a social nationalist

No problem, it still has borders in these cases.

dohoho

I do not know what is wrong with Transmission; I do remember trying it in my search for the perfect torrent client, and switching to Deluge specifically, but that was a few months ago and now I forget the reason.

Drowning myself in anime, thx user

Please explain.
I used transmission for a long time but it stopped seeding twice ("total seeded" bytes was at some limit due to a bug, deleting config resets this), I found a bug report of this but it wasn't getting fixed. Switched to rtorrent and everything was so much better compared to transmission daemon/cli.
using aria2c for single downloads sometimes.

Say you have a HUGE archive of files (like a Beatles Box Set or All Tohou Music in FLAC)

And you mark all the files except for the desired ones as "do not download"

rTorrent will display the torrent as "downloading, 2%" always. And it will never show up in your "seeding" section. And when you're looking at the total byte sizes (e.g., 40GB of torrents downloading, 90GB seeding, etc; or if you have a WebUI with advanced features like labels), it will display the torrent as if it were truly 1TB. All calculations that you might care about to do with an archive torrent are bungled.

I have to disagree with showing only complete torrents in "seeding" being a bad thing. Also the ratio (at least what's displayed in the cli) is downloaded/seeded bytes, unless downloaded is 0.
I'd change rtorrent to something with a more configurable ui (has to be able to run without a gui) but I think there are none that don't shit themselves when seeding too many torrents

What if it does?

Mega bloat on shit ARM boards.
Accumulate the bugs of all the dependencies plus its own.

Seriously, if you can't do C++ with boost, even with the Java tier size of the stdlib, you might as well kill yourself. Even worse, they use Qt for more than the GUI.

without*

Better than GTK3, m8.

what about aria2c is this Holla Forums approved?

S'cool but not made for seeding.

So if you just want to snatch something real quick then aria2c is good?

It is, provided you don't have a real torrent manager installed. I personally used rtorrent everywhere I need torrent.

I use rtorrent for private trackers and therefore have dht and peer shit disabled so I need another client for one-shot torrents

Never had to disable those and I'm on private trackers too. I thought indivual torrents were marked as private.

which ones are you on?

Animebytes and ADC.

I see, well those don't enforce these settings.

>github.com/rakshasa/rtorrent/wiki/Using-DHT
No need to use another client, m8.

transmission is best if you don't seed.

I've been using a portable uTorrent for a long time v 2.04 build 22150. The way it asks me if I would like to update is just cute.

why do people always think that something is bad/dead if theres not a new version number every week.

only thing wrong with rtorrent webuis is that they usually require a web server and php to work. transmission daemon does that better.

Autism