What were Tarkovsky's favorite movies

What were Tarkovsky's favorite movies.

some boring pleb shit just like he made

He said he enjoyed Star Wars and The Terminator.

Turin Horse. The most boring and pretentious movie ever made.

This.

Proved his point.

You'd think those movies would have inspired him to make something good.

I bet you lads think stories in movies are anything more than window dressing.

Not enough jumpcuts and shaky cam for you?

He praised Star Wars as a whole, but regarding The Terminator, he only liked the premise. He bashed the subpar acting and schlocky violence of Terminator.

Tark would shit on Turin Horse for being nihilistic and anti-spiritual.

Story is important, but to follow a rigid plot is not kino at all. Tarkovsky wrote that stories in films should be semi-episodic.

That commie hack isn't fit to wash Cameron's jock let alone criticize him, as far as Lucas yeah I'm sure he gave several fucks about getting some talentless bolshevik's seal of approval, probably the highlight of his whole career.

Nice try, he hated the commies in all his life and got exiled to his death. His dad was literally an escaped convict. Cameron in the other hand is a literal commie.

ok I watched the sacrifice the other day and there was only like a minute of nudity in like three fucking hours, and PLOT HOLE how did the ambulance know to get that guy, I think the moral of the movie is that religious people are fucking dumbasses that ruin everything for no reason

Sacrifice has a lot of references to Nietzsche and Kierkegaard. The main theme is conflict between faith and belief in eternal recurrence. Faith prevailed in the end. I think it's Tarkovsky's most intellectual movie, which is interesting because none of the rest of Tark's filmography has such hidden symbolism. He usually hated symbolism, intellectualism, and hidden message. The cinematography is simply beautiful, although still not as good as his Soviet works. Another interesting thing is how everything looked like a theatrical set instead of the natural perspective shot approach that Tarkovsky used in his Soviet films. Maybe due to the different cinematographer, but strangely, this change in photography seems to be consistent to his new style in writing.

Go watch BLACKED instead retard.

Literally who?

You faggots with your directors, I swear.

Thanks for letting me know to never waste time watching that shit.

Yeah, disney flicks are better.

What about the dog in Stalker? Isn't that supposed to represent a spirit of doubt?

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Literally this fuck tarkovsky

I know you're just baiting, but there are people out there - millions of them - who literally have this mindset.
Hence, we get abominations such as
game of thrones

what's next after stalker, solaris, and the sacrifice

I believe I will avoid the horse cruelty for now

Don't be a PETA pansy.

It was an old horse from a slaughterhouse that was going to be killed no matter what. Tarkovsky just asked if he could borrow it for the film and then return the carcass afterwards, and that's what happened. He shot in the neck to cripple it, filmed it falling on a spear, then put it in the back of his truck and returned it to the slaughterhouse where it was made into food and then used to feed many Russian children who all grew up to be big and strong and lived happily ever after. If that's still too much for you, then watch Zerkalo(AKA Mirror), but be warned that that movie has a brief scene where it shows footage from a real life Spanish bullfight, and in it a guy stabs a bull in the neck with a sword. The bull probably died later, but you don't see it die on screen.