Pure kino

Pure kino

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-pest-pestposting
collider.com/kubo-and-the-two-strings-behind-the-scenes-laika/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How was it? Looks interesting, but not sure I'll get around to seeing it.

It's kinda cheesy but the still a fun movie. Nothing groundbreaking but never really gets too boring either. Worth a watch.

Bout to see this in like an hour
Hope it's gud

Tell us what you think when you get back.

Seeing it tonight. I've been hyped for this movie since the first trailer.

That actor billing is still clunky as fuck

Is it like How to Train Your Dragon 2, as in it makes a decent action film whether it is animated or live action?

So what's it about?

Well of course. But that's a pretty barebones statement.

Okay update
Just got back from seeing it.
Was in fact gud
Animation was amazing

Don't want to spoil it
Sometimes it kinda dragged to show off the cool animation. Laika showing off in this movie. Nice voice acting.

Plot was okay. A lot of touchy feely shit about family and memories. The main characters are hunting 3 rare artifacts to defeat the evil moon king. The moon king is kubo's grandpa and he's still super butthurt his daughter shacked up with a mortal. So, while its never stated, kubo is basically a demigod I guess.
There are two tweests.
And then something shocking happens, but again I don't wanna spoil.

Would you say that it's better than films like Caroline and Paranorman?

And the way the moon king eventually gets defeated is pretty fucking cheesy but I liked it.
SO Holla Forums, I recommend you all watch it

The animation is definitely better. holy shit laika is getting better and better
But I still feel like coralines plot was better, but to be fair that was an adaptation of a book wasn't it?

Also i guess they're supposed to be nips
Samurai are a big deal in the movie

Agreed. Coraline's plot was more interesting and less cheesy. Still both good movies.

And paranorman was okay but kubo is better in my opinion
And I never watched box trolls tbh

box trolls was okay. Animation was beautiful but story is pretty weak.

As I suspected

Yeah, it was a book first. Adaptation was pretty faithful

The puppet for the skelly demon is apparently like 6 feet tall
Probably the largest stop motion thing ever

What does kino even mean? I have not found a definition that makes sense.
Sage for off-topic

No wait it's more like 16 feet tall not 6. ??? I'm getting mixed info from google

It's a Holla Forums meme just play along

What did he mean by this?

Its a classic anime.

Are you saying that because that cast is whiter than bread?

What the fuck are you talking about

So it's just Tarkovsky through the lens of retards? Also Kino is pronounced Key-no. It's just the Russian word for movie.

Voice cast

Wait, is this stop motion? I thought it was CG.

it's german for cinema

knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-pest-pestposting

It's all stop motion except the water

It's just a meme my man

Saw it last night. It won't blow your mind, but it's a fun, nice story with gorgeous animation that is done in that perfect Laika way that lets you briefly forget your are looking at stop-motion, only to make sure you understand just how amazing and hardworking they were to create such gorgeous scenes.

I'd definitely recommend seeing it because it's a movie that simply exists for its own sake. They made this because they wanted to tell this japanese fairy tale story with great music and striking characters.

Soon west and east shall unite in their love of brown boys with emo hair

Just saw the movie.

In my opinion Coraline is Laika's best overall movie but Paranorman has the better climax. Kubo is like a middleground between the two, and is a damn good movie.

I'm pretty sure most adults will see the movie's twists coming a mile away, but even so the movie does a good job executing them. The fights with the moon sisters are bad ass and the gashadokuro is a fucking sight to behold.

That little bit during the credits surprised me. I didn't think they'd build that thing so huge.

Best animated movie of the year, hands down.
Furtopia's still gonna win the Oscar tho

collider.com/kubo-and-the-two-strings-behind-the-scenes-laika/
pics of the puppets used and stuff. I would dump them all, but they're too big.

I have some fancy batch resizing image magicks.

I love you user. Thanks for posting these.

The animation was SO GOOD
I can't get over it

Or I guess I should say, the puppetry was so good. Fucking beautiful movie

Im going to skip it cause no sub. Its like watching teen titans or some shit

You wot

It was produced in english. Unless english isn't your first language, there's no reason to sub it.

Damn, I feel like going to see this film now just for the effort they put into all of this.

I want to fuck Monkey

I just watched it. I think Kubo is one of Laika's strongest films. It's story is simple, but it works perfectly. If you liked Okami, you'll love this film.

Now I really want them to make a prequel about Hanzo and his quest to marry the moon princess.

Wouldn't that just a be romcom or something

Just watched it for shits and giggles. Easily a movie made to be a classic if only the name wasn't off putting. I'd put it up there with The Land Before Time 1.

I fully expected this movie to tag in the Yoshida Brothers to cover some of the music. A battle theme from these guys would have been perfect. Sound track is still great, though.

A love like that demands more than your standard chick flick. It demands to be be a grand epic.

You're right my man. I'd pay to see such an epic

damn I like this cover

Can one of you fine dudes make a webm of this?

Forget Hanzo, I want a movie about THAT.

Here you go.

Thanks man

Ah that's nice to hear. I've been wanting to see this.

Very solid Hero's Journey/10.

thats what I was thinking.

why was this song so fucking good

I've seen a lot of movies in the past few years that I liked at first, but the more I thought about them, the more I realized how shitty they were.

This is a movie that didn't wow me at first, but the more I think about it, the more I realize how much I liked it.

It's pretty friggin big. Here it is next to a person for comparison.

Jesus do Jews know any other comedy? Adam Sandler already made a fortune of the goy children 20 years ago with this shit.

Oh right, new generation of retards to swindle.

Oh lawd