How to fix fuzzy screen with vga connection

I posted this in the tech questions and support but no one is responing.
So I got an old computer and connected it with vga to my main monitor since I don't have any more. Throughout this morning when I was installing Antix on it, the display has been fucked up like it is in the video. How can I fix this? I've tried using xrandr to change resolution and Hz but that either makes things worse or doesn't work. How do I fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/138408/how-to-add-display-resolution-fo-an-lcd-in-ubuntu-12-04-xrandr-problem
lagom.nl/lcd-test/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

install gentoo

Try a new video cable or new video card.

First this
Then try video related.

I forgot to mention that I did change the video card and also there is no video card, it's embeded.

Shit fuck, I meant vga cord and then no video card.

probably fucked up VRAM
almost definitely if it's something like S3/Via

Whatever is causing it make sure to sell it on ebay as a feature.
"glitchcore series 2 display for live events"

Breddy gul.

Shorter VGA cable or a better shielded cable?

it could be the cable. i had alot of problems with a DVI to VGA converter, until i tried a different one. test the screen works on another computer, then you can work if it it's the screen+cable OR computer that has the problem

I think it's pretty shielded, and if it's not short enough, I don't see what else is practical.

Seems like wrong timings, Modeline or whatever it's called

If I change the resolution in antix, especially to smaller ones, the problem gets severely worse.

Actually I tried setting it to 832x624 and it got a lot better, but the screen still waves.

Have you tried a different distro? It might just be fucked drivers because Linux is shit.

I forgot to mention, this also happens in the bios.

It's probably the driver. Are you using Nvidia?

Please refer to this post>>665176 and this post>>664898 as well as this one

Fucking shit, this post: this post: and as we all know the one that I linked correctly.

Shameless bump.

It's broken hardware
More likely a faulty capacitor in the DAC circuit.

If you're insane you could try an interlaced mode and see if it makes a difference, but I doubt it

How would I go about that?

How could I try an interlaced mode?

First of all you don't know the specs of your monitor.
Is that a tube or an LCD?
You need to know the actual resolution and refresh rate to make a proper working xrandr config.

askubuntu.com/questions/138408/how-to-add-display-resolution-fo-an-lcd-in-ubuntu-12-04-xrandr-problem

Your vcard may also not recognize that resolution or refresh rate which might kill the card if prolonged otherwise output nothing to protect both the monitor and the card.

Some very outdated dedicated graphics may have limited capabilities or your monitor have a really nonstandard resolution like 1152x854 or something. All you have to do is look up for that fucking monitor's model and hope that the manufacturer have archived its online catalog or specs.

If you try it on windows and it worked out of the box then it also should in linux BUT you have to configure it THEN set up the MESA, xorg, and vsync/tearing to make it work perfectly.

Also need to configure clock/phase of analog monitors. Try this lagom.nl/lcd-test/
They have instructions on how to config clock/phase.