What is today's accepted Grandma Linux distro? The distro that you can install on your Grandma's computer...

What is today's accepted Grandma Linux distro? The distro that you can install on your Grandma's computer, connect to her printer or whatever, and it gives her a word processor and an internet button and she won't fuck it up even if she tries downloading some stupid shit off the internet and running it.

I remember back in the day it was Ubuntu. Is Ubuntu still the accepted Grandma Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/676664/
github.com/linuxmint/mdm
github.com/linuxmint/mintupdate/blob/master/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/rules
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes.

Ubuntu and Linux mint are perfect grandma os and if say mate is the grandma desktop environment. Even elementary would be passable is grandma is more accustomed to Mac

Can't stand the Unity DE, so go with Mint + Cinnamon. Or Ubuntu Mate is fine too, I guess.

Gentoo imo

Xubuntu

Cinnamon is the last thing I would recommend to anyone fed up with Windows.

these p much
Better a slightly shitty distro than one that gets trojaned every other week

this, Lubuntu is good too.
pretty solid distro, wont break.
also simple, even a retard could use it

No distro is good for grandma.
ChromeOS or macOS

Windows 8.1 :^)

Don't bother. It's more trouble than it's worth in every way.

Get her a used Mac or, better yet, an iPad. She'll get far more use out of it than she will some bloated, incomprehensible to oldfags Unity bullshit running on her Pentium 4. She will love you for it and you don't even have to give Apple your money.

Mint + Cinnamon is my grandmother's OS

If only she'd actually use her computer...

this is what macfags actually believe.

Fucking kiddos.

I use Mint for this purpose because the default desktop environment is similar to Windows.

Mommy needs an update?
$ ssh [email protected]/* */
# apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && zenity --info --text "bring me chicken tendies mommy!!! i luv u."

Mommy deleted the her entire home directory and needs it recovered?
# btrfs subvolume snapshot backup/home-2015-01-01 current/home

Mommy plugs in a USB drive from her job with at least 20 brutal_anal.jpg.exe, 8_inch_bbc.gif.bat, 43f9f4j93fjadf.bat, etc.. files? No problem. Those virii will not be auto-executed because she's not running an insecure garbage operating system.

And remember: Those who truly love their mommies don't let their mommies use proprietary garbage software.

Shill loser go back to 4/g/.

Okay, this post was slightly cringewrothy.

Holy shit please stop

What kind of fucking job does your mom go to?
Why are you still living with her?

I'm sorry, this post was too much. You've made it bruh

Mint is fucking broken and insecure garbage guys, enjoy your sad gradma.

lwn.net/Articles/676664/
github.com/linuxmint/mdm
github.com/linuxmint/mintupdate/blob/master/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/rules

Lubuntu will get the job done. You can even make it look more like XP if you need to. Same with Xubuntu.

Ubuntu Mate

Don't you fucking autists realise he is joking?

ubuntu is great for that purpose, i installed ubuntu on more than 20+ computers.. and their users were like "i am using my pc for internet only"... and it suits them fine, without any problems

I wish my mom was still only looking at bbc images instead of actually getting blacked...

autists are unable to discern sarcasm

Not a macfag. I tried to get my mom to use a PC with Ubuntu for years and she was constantly having problems. It was somehow worse than when she was running Windows and had managed to get a billion viruses. Dad got her an iPhone and she loves it, is on it all the time, and has needed to ask for my help maybe once or twice.

Is muh freedumbs worth being bugged constantly to you?

1 rupee has been deposited into your account Mr. Pajeet

I specifically told you to buy a used one so Apple wouldn't get your money, retard.

>i specifically tricked you into buying a used apple product so you would become more likely to use another non-used apple product in the future,
2 rupees has been deposited into your account Mr. Pajeet

Is there a single grandma that can operate a printer?

so you've downgraded their pc's to fucking chromebooks.
GJ.

I don't know what the fuck is going on with Ubuntu right now, but it was a really bad choice to replace Ubuntu Software Center with this newly gimped "Software" package manager GUI. The Software Center itself wasn't that great but this new thing is even more sterile, confusing, and geared towards money-making tricking grandparents into wasting money.

this

You forgot to change your flag, Stephen.