I am unironically excited about this

I am unironically excited about this.
It's my one guilty pleasure.

Well I guess posting on nu/b/ isn't a guilty pleasure, its more of a deep shame.

I dunno, I think the premise would have been amazing if it wasn't this shitty series because it has long been a parody of itself. I also never really liked the PotC hijinks to begin with. If it was a new film about a ghost chasing the man who killed him set in that era it could have been great.

I loved the first movie because it was something new and original and depicted pirates in an entertaining way. The second and third were a fun two arc story and nice way to end the trilogy. Fourth was shit, I hope this one goes back to be like the first.

Yeah I kinda doubt that

Well I do like going to poz parties occasionally.

trash.jpg

This…actually doesn't look half-bad. For one, it actually got me to crack a smile a few times, which the entire fourth movie failed to do.

The first one was the best, but I still enjoyed the second, and even the third to a degree as mindless entertainment. This one looks like a return to, if not the awesomeness of the first, at least the stupid fun of the second and third.

Shit, meant to quote .

I unironically support you killing yourself

Why does the trailer look like it was filmed by twenty different directors? This doesn't look like a real movie.

I don't care OP. Your views and opinions are unimportant.

Will there be more Geoffrey Rush? Gore Verbinsky?

I don't know, heavenly trips man. I liked the tone of this tralee more.

Trailer. Fucking cellphones.

i thought we were getting a pirates 6

also

wew lad, they're really pushing it overboard.

That seems so cringy but then again there are novels with Jack Sparrow as a kid.

Agreed its more eery.

Why the fuck does every single goddamn movie insist on hamfisting a romance subplot into itself?

RLM, stop trying to make soft reboot happen, it's not going to happen.

By definition it's not a reboot unless it changes past plot points. No one is being replaced, one of the trailers shows Will Turner is in this one, covered in barnacles which suggests whatsherface mcnotits didn't show up on the beach or whatever.

They've learned that Jack works best playing off of normal, virtuous people. It's the same problem Wolverine has and the reason his solo movies suck. He's best as a loose cannon playing off of Cyclops who has to be controlled, when he's on his own he's boring because then he has to be the straight man.

In Jack's case, all his most boring scenes are the scenes where he's interacting with his own crew. If it's just Jack, at the end of the day he has to be noble. He passed on immortality in the last movie in order to save some dame be barely cared about. If he has a moral, youthful couple to play off of, then they can have the totally moral intentions and Jack can be a self-serving shit. How fucking great was that sequence of him facing off the Kraken because she'd cuffed him to the ship? And why was she able to justify betraying him like that? Because Jack's not a totally good guy, if he's as morally upright as Will then she's just an evil bitch that murdered a hero to save herself.

Also, the girl in this one is waaaaaay hotter than the previous female leads, so I'll accept her. And I mean, I actually *liked* the last one because the mermaids were creepy as fuck, the Spanish had a couple great scenes, the ending was satisfying, and Barbossa stole the show the entire fucking film. I think he's better in that film than all three of the first ones.

And if it fees repetitive… Uhhh, yeah, the first one had skeleton pirates, then we had fish pirates, then we had classic zombie pirates. I'm curious to see how the "mechanics" of these ghost pirates work exactly.

We probably are, most likely it's going to be a two-parter like the 2nd and 3rd ones.

The first pirates movie is literal kino
2nd is pretty good because of davy jones
after that I stopped caring
this does look surprisingly decent though

But we know she showed up on the beach, unless this takes place more than 20 years later (I still haven't seen the 4th but probably should). The barnacles simply come with being part of the crew over an extended period of time.
One of the best scenes of the trilogy honestly.

It's not even a guilty pleasure for me, I'm unironically excited about this for a number of reasons.

The first one was solid fun, the second one had some very interesting turns and was just as fun as the first, the third is legit kino (not shitposting), and the fourth is a disappointing mess that only holds up from its comedy.

This fifth one is totally gonna save the franchise. The directors of Dead Men Tell No Tales also did Kon Tiki, a seafaring epic of massive proportions. This is gonna be one rad trip, guys.

Jack Sparrow is still annoying, and now there's a new Will and Elizabeth so that sucks, but the bad guy seems cool. I hope he wins and kills them all.

I agree that the third is kino, but don't count your chickens before they hatch. After the fourth, this one could definitely disappoint.

The fourth was a disappointment because they got the wrong guy to direct it. Rob Marshall usually directs musicals, hence why Into the Woods was fairly kino in its own right, so he was totally out of his league when he entered the Pirates game, thus fucking it up pretty badly.

These two Norwegian guys, on the other hand, know how to direct a great seafaring epic, hence their success with Kon Tiki. They're also taking more time to make Dead Men Tell No Tales happen out of any other Pirates movie. It's gonna be LIT, fam.