Girls have lolcow

>furries have 7chan :^)
There's an imageboard for every niche nowadays.

The question is, why? What creates the need for such a large amount of splintering of the community to be necessary? You'd think, given the amount of smaller English imageboard sites, 4chan would have to be so massive it's speed and user count would be so big it'd actually impair on site functionality and cause users to go looking for smaller sites, but that's not at all the case. Some of the best 4chan boards are depressingly small, and our site, being the second largest english imageboard, has far more dead and abandoned boards than active ones.
Why is it that, when left to their own devices and given the software (tinyboard, vichan) necessary to create one's own site, a community that could remain relatively compact disperses out to such a degree? Is it that the anonymity and culture that comes with imageboards fosters faction picking and nationalistic trans-imageboard hostility? Is it just that a bunch of lonely faggots want to have some kind of arbitrary power over other users, so they try to create a site they can administer? Is it the *chans' inclination to tech-savvy members capable of running their own imageboard?
It's a real pain in the ass to have to navigate between dozens of obscure dead sites, each with far too many boards for it's regular userbase to populate (the only IB I've seen handle board inflation properly is finalchan, but the owners are subversive social justice faggots so it barely matters), just to get all the good content. There is literally no reason to have so many imageboards. What can we do about this? delete Holla Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

lolcow.farm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THEORY
All alternative imageboards are actually created by the feds in a sort of "Assembly supersession" initiative designed to split the community to make proper assembly impossible to prevent a Scientology 2.0 scenario where people meet in real life.

These same people are also the group's that spam Holla Forums with garbage threads to flood the catalog. Making any coherent discussion impossible

And I have now moved on to a different chan officially. peace out L0000000000000sssss3333333333rrrrrrzzzzz

autism and paranoia

Doxing nude is allowed on lolcow.

This makes sense, especially given the situation with the development of the alt-right into a conventional political faction right now. I don't mean to succumb to Holla Forums-tier delusion, but it would make sense if some post-cointelpro program would be interested in stirring division amongst imageboards to disrupt the political community within them. Cointelpro has traditionally tried to mess with extreme political groups in the past, so the alt-right would be the logical next target.

lolcow ?

tumblr? reddit?

lurk more

Furries had paws.ru. shame it died because it had really ancient threads. As in threads that haven't been touched since 2006.

because instead of looking at it as D&C tactics, most look at it as "Shitmins and nazi mods keep fucking up and attentionwhoring"

I get sad looking at niche boards on Holla Forums that haven't had any posts in 3 years.

I would've not grouped sushichan as a /jp/ spinoff when /jp/ has a thousand other spinoffs more directly related.

And as for forking the community - this community is simply very independent and distrusting of authority. I bet anyone who posted in this thread would be willing to set up a board if one of their smaller favorites were to go offline. Or just for the hell of it.
And that's a good quality. Anonymous can't be killed off that easily.
In addition, this isn't a new phenomenon, it's pretty much how anonymous communities have functioned since Ayashii. 2ch, 2chan and 4chan are the outliers to this mechanic, simply for being long lived and stagnating the minds of the users. Comfort is the mind killer.

what? do you mean kiwi farms, I don't think girls go on Holla Forums tbh.

Boards tend to turn into echo chambers and users try to escape that. We are cyber pilgrims with an unquenchable thirst for new impulses/dank memes, that is our identity-leech nature.

wat

lolcow.farm
have fun shitposting

The memes must flow.

Russkies have 2ch.ru I myself like 420chan because I like drugs. It's all about finding that comfy community that you look forward to come back to discuss and funpost. And it's simply part of chan culture.

I think he fucked up, /cow/ is dead due to whatever sjws they added as mods driving the userbase down to it's current low. There was a time that board had over a thousand users. You really only have yourselves to blame at this point.

Discussion of cosplay related lolcows like peacockfeather and in particular pixyteri was banned at halfchan's /cgl/ some years back, the board was primarily female. I can't remember the name of all of them, but several all-female boards dedicated exclusively to bitching about cosplay lolcows popped up, I think staminarose with it's /pt/ board was the most popular. I love the board just for existing, because it proves everything feminists say about how men and women behave on the internet wrong.

For instance, I've made one post ever on the site. Within an hour of the post I was permanently banned. The reason? "questioning feminism".

Actually that place attracted a lot of girl posters. They're like tumblr's retarded cousin who is into alternative tastes. They also tend to have their own tumblr. I know a poster IRL.

could you please not spoon feed newfags, thanks

Personally i like 8ch because here even mods are your enemy, it keeps me on my toes and hardens my "skin".

How is it still alive? It looked like it was drawing its last breath even before masterchan started dying.

Almost dead and would be better off dying a long, long time ago.

If it was alive and well we wouldn't have so much pedoposting.

When did that happen? Initially it was just few hundreds of Holla Forums refugees and it started to fall apart even faster than this site.

Pretty much on life support with its brain long dead.

Don't talk about things you know nothing about. And there is no decent place on the Internet to talk about the show and pchan stopped being one long ago.

Starting to notice the pattern yet?

horse fucker detected

Your observations skills surpass that of mortal men.

i know

Bumpin Bumpin