Adam West animated Batman movie

Shameful.

Newmar was the best.

This actually looks fun.

What is this sensation I'm feeling?

Happiness?

They had me at

Holy fuck does Adam sound old.

He's going to die without ever cameoing in a Batman film, isn't he?

Do you really want him to cameo in a modern DC film?

Last time they wanted him to cameo in a batfilm, it was so they could murder him.

I have bad feelings about this.
I expect it to not be as bad as the Damian-centered movies, but still suck because at this point, the Adam West show is mostly a meme, and they are probably going to fill it with a ton of "ironic" camp.

why didn't you stop it

Adam sounds so old. I get that he is old as hell, but jesus.

He's 'EIGHTY EIGHT years old, user.
The average life expectancy of an American man (discounting war casualties) is 77.
I would not be surprised if he crumbled into dust a day after the movie premier.

IT WOULD'VE BEEN PERFECT.

Yes but DKR is one of the most well-respected comics of all time, and Adam West's only claim to fame is that he was in what was essentially a parody of batman.

fix'd that for you.

But user, that looks nothing like batman.

Only their hands were tied behind their backs. They were tied down or anything. What was stopping them from getting up and getting off the tray?

user you don't get it, it's supposed to be IRONIC. Nothing matters because it' IRONIC, and WACKY.

Because they had to do it in a wacky fashion.

Hot damn Adam West sounds like he's about to fall out of the chair and right into the grave.

could the same be said about mark hamill as the joker?

What's stopping any of us from getting up and off the tray of our own meaningless lives?

Naaaah. Hamill's still got a few more years left in him.

Holy fuck I love this

Who wanted to do that? Burton?

He was in BTAS. That's enough

Here a WebM MP4 version.

Adam West is 87 years old.

But they're all dead?

Yes. Out of the original cast, I believe only Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar, and Lee Meriwether are still alive.

This isn't the '00s anymore, user.

I was thinking about it, and yeah, you're right.

Cesar Romero - The Joker - Dead
Burgess Meredeth - The Penguin - Dead
Frank Gorshin - The Riddler - Dead
Eartha Kitt - Catwoman - Dead
Victor Buono - King Tut - Dead
Vincent Price - Egghead - Dead
David Wayne - The Mad Hatter - Dead
Cliff Robertson - Shame - Dead
George Sanders - Mr. Freeze - Dead
Otto Priminger - Mr. Freeze - Dead
Eli Wallach - Mr. Freeze - Dead
Anne Baxter - Zelda the Great/ Olga, Queen of the Cossacks - Dead
Carolyn Jones - Marsha, Queen of Diamonds - Dead

Nearly everyone who played a villain on the 1966 Batman series is dead.

The only one that's still alive is the worst Riddler, John Astin.

Green Hornet is still alive, Barbara Rush is still alive, Zsa Zsa Gabor is still alive (just about) and Joan Collins is still alive

She's 99 years old if you can believe it

Better picture

Kek.

Adam West sounds like he couldn't care less.

You know, she actually still looks happy.

Also, Cheese n' Rice I need to stop saving so many lewd pictures and start saving reaction images.

sounds good, I bet the movie will be better considering this is just a promotion piece

Yes I do. Modern DC films are kino.

Bumping this thread with pics from a Batman '66 premier party.

Burgess Meredith really knows how to cut a rug.

No shame to you. After Killing Joke, Wabbit and the recent Scooby Doo movies, I see no good reason to watch souless warner bros. animations again.

Nice

Have y'all read Burt Ward's autobiography, My Life In Tights? He mentions women "lining up around the block to be inoculated by our Bat-semen".

That guy playing Scrooge Mcduck was almost a hundred years old before he died, and he was still voicing the game just months before he croaked. I'm sure adam has at least a few years left of this.

Damn he sounds old

These dubs

Adam West thought that biography had "enough baloney to open a deli".

I'm a bit more optimistic. James Tucker is both producing and writing the movie, which is a good sign. Sam Register is also producing it and the director for it is from the TV cartoons.

Still, DC Animation's lack of budget and poor management thwarts even the best talent. We'll have to see if Warner fucks Tucker once again.

Checked.

Posting Catwoman

Lewd.

SHIT

>>>Holla Forums is that-away, jojofag.

Wait, why did you cut the webm. I need to know how they managed to escape.

No user, it's you who should feel shame.

Hey, Schmacher wanted to do a live action Dark Knight Returns with Clint Eastwood as Batman

(checked)
quads confirm

People would rather not waste their time putting up with something that's proven to disappoint them time and time again - not unless they have assurance that the thing ia actually wotth their time. I'm sure you'd agree with that, unless you're advocating for people to consume any and all media they cone by, then you'd agree with that notion. If that were the case then you need to seriously get some standards.

The issue with your way of thinking is that you're choosing to disregard everything because the killing joke was bad.

Protip: They've made bad movies before. But they've also produced good ones, just last year they made Gods and Monsters.

Please re-read that user's post
You'd have been right if he was talking about a single misstep, but he clearly states that his decision is based on several failings.
And yet they've never turned out back-to-back stinkers like they have in the past few years.
Which have become far and few between. Even when they were making good stuff it's not like much of them didn't have their own problems. Gods and Monsters and Assault on Arkham are the only worthwhile DC films to have come out of WB Animation since Dark Knight Returns (2012). Everything else in that period of time
have ranged from mediocre to shit. Compounded with the non-DC crap they've been making as well, I couldn't blame anymore for not wanting to bother with Warner Bros Animation anymore.

Flashpoint Paradox was pretty good actually.

It was better than the source material at least.

M8 it's not like it's netflix or something, the only thing you need to do to "bother" with them is torrent the movies. If one doesn't look good, then just don't watch it. It's retarded to count bad movies as strikes against the company and stick your head in the sand because they regularly make cashgrabs.

>Top fucking notch animation
Is just like if you looked for suffering then complaint about it

If they make repeatedly terrible to mediocre movies back to back. Would it be only natural to question their quality for the next one? I think it's only logical. It's ok to have faith they can at least recapture their glory days but blindly walking in expecting it to not be shit when history says isn't exactly wise. Even if anons did have access to it for free. Why waste time on something with such a tarnished record. Better go with something that has proven good quality consistency in recent years.

If a restaurant repeatedly has poor quality people will stop going there. Not continue to go there in hopes it'll randomly turn out to not be shit one day. They'll go somewhere else even if they had a way of having a free taste test to see if they'll really like it or not.

The wasted time someone will never get back is for more important than the paltry sums of money it costed to view that animation that they'll eventually make back (if they were dumb enough to pay for another new WB animated film). For anyone who values their time, why would they bother wasting it on people that have consistently been bad in recent years (save for a few flawed gems hidden among the crap)?

I'm not saying you should watch them blind, what I mean is that they just let bruce timm out of his cage to make gods and monsters, so you shouldn't just ignore the studio because of the terrible movies they've been making since forever.

Wew.

DC just cheaped out on TKJ because they knew everyone would buy it anyway.

Why do you care about the movie getting a bad adaptation? It's not like you've read it.

^the book

I have.

Oh, ok, I took longer that I want to admit.

You could have at least used a somewhat more relevant one like "adhd". Time is too precious to waste on shit like Bad Blood or Batman vs Robin, which are not far lower from the standard when it comes to recent DC films.

The thing is as says, Scooby-Doo movies get some insane budget for whatever reason.
Like, I'm watching Camp Scare right now.
It was really hard to find and I only got some HDTV rip and some scenes and shots, I shit you not puts anime to shame.

This reminds me, I need to download and watch the 1960's Batman.
is superman worth watching as well?

damn that animation is good. Didn't know Frank Welker could sing.

Because they're really popular with children. That's why

That's the thing.
Children aren't as critics as adults.
Who thought that TKJ r-rated movie was less deserving of animation budget than SD.
And don't get me wrong, I love new 10's SD movies, even the worst ones are pretty comfy.
But what was done with TKJ was suicide.

I feel the opposite applies to animation. There's some poorly animated things I'm willing to sit through as an adult that I would have never tolerated as a kid.

Yes, children are less critical, but they bring in the money. Scooby Doo movies make a lot more money than DC DTVs ever could, which means they get higher budgets which means better animation quality

I'm the opposite. As a child I never noticed when something was poorly animated unless it was really bad, like the 60s Spider-Man show. As an adult, poor animation is so much more obvious to me that I just can't sit through a cartoon that has less than average animation quality.

I always found stuff like the old Hanna-Barbera TV shows to be much more boring to watch than classic Looney Tunes or Disney movies as a kid, even if I didn't know why back then.

I felt the same way but it had nothing to do with animation quality.

Other way around actually: if you've read it, why do you need a COMICS-ACCURATE adaptation of it? Of course I might ask that about a lot of DC's animation. I'm not interested at all and I will probably never watch it.

I can't figure that part out either, what's so great about fake monsters? Real monsters are a million times better. They seem to have eventually caught on to that.

The full trailer is out. It looks like they're going for a blend, combining both the comics, the show, and apparently the Filmation Batman series.

Here's the official plot synopsis:

I still see that lack of a proper animation budget.

It seems alright. Nothing special though, unless you want a DC animation you can show to your kids or parents.

So it'll probably do alright.

Animation could be better. BUT it's still much better looking then what we've had before. It almost reminds me of the Scooby Doo movies we've been getting lately. Almost. I'm still confident in it's style of humor that it will turn out to be a good movie. Even if it's just decent, I'll take it. As long as it's not terrible like the last dozen or so DC animated movies have been.

Honestly I might check this out looks fun.

Real monsters are scary, whereas monsters that are really just crooked landowners in cheap rubber masks seem less scary to children. It's kind of like when you tell them the boogeyman under their bed is just an old blanket or some shit.

I don't know. I think campy batman should have been left back in that era but I suppose most of you think otherwise.

Why the fuck does it look like a mongoloid?

Because Scooby-Doo is a mystery cartoon. Every episode has some strange happening they have to solve, and the stories engage the viewer by having them unravel the mystery along with the gang. They use rational investigation to disprove baseless superstition and bring criminals to justice. This empowers children to consider their own fears and confront them with reason.

Saying that Scooby-Doo sucks because the monsters are fake is like saying that Sherlock Holmes sucks because the Hound in "The Hound of the Baskervilles" wasn't a real hell-hound. It displays a fundamental lack of understanding of both Sherlock Holmes and the mystery genre entirely.

You know what this sounds like to me?

James Tucker wrote it, so it'll have more heart than your standard DC movie. He's the only person I would trust with 60's Batman.

In other news it was announced that ROTCC is going to premier at NYCC.