The director of the Ghost in the Shell movie only uses CGI if absolutely necessary and prefers props

That's pretty much the first positive thing i heard about this so far. Anyway these geishas look amazing.
Movie is still going to be trash of course

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/739CeoVbGlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that cuckime related 'media' will never be kino.

That's the exact same thing J.J. Abrams did for The Force Awakens, and you hypocritical kinofags still don't appreciate his hard work. Kill yourselves.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, since people's opinion on when exactly CGI is necessary can vary. They said the same thing about TFA. There was plenty of CGI in that movie that I'm sure we can all agree was not necessary, but apparently JJ didn't agree.

It wouldn't even be necessary if ScarJo worked out before taking the role.

Reported.

Are they just making an entire CGI body and glue scarjos head on it?

I wonder if you can buy one of those geishas after the movie is finished.

Trailer #2

I'll watch the premiere.

No but somebody will make one. I know there was one guy that actually made a robot that looked like ScarJo.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/normalfag/

But i want a fuckable robot that doesn't scare the daylights out of me.

This movie looks terrible. Visual designs are cool, but aesthetically all over the place; a complete mess. Scarlett remains an atrocious choice due to her ongoing chronic inability to act, the dialogue sounds basic and like every point will be explained as if to idiots and errs on the side of cliche in the trailer, and generally speaking it looks like a run of the mill action thriller. What a waste of IP.

But she's awful.

ScarJo is like 40 or something.

Too fucking old.

Very nice.

Wew lad. Would just showing a wire be confusing to anyone? We all know what wires do.

Respect.

Yep, The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, the Star Wars Prequels, Wolf of Wallstreet, Silence, and pretty much every film post 1998 is clearly a piece of shit.

Don't forget Jurassic Park.

Judging from the movies you listed i have to agree

weebs btfo

They all would have been better if they hadn't had leaned so badly on CG. Fucking Matrix Reloaded? Seriously? CGI so bad it broke immersion.
Star Wars too, all three prequels look like (aging, bad) video games.

Used a fuck ton of real props but I will say the CGI parts hold up well.

It already is "kino."

Anime characters don't look white.

On my phone so I can't post the bts collage

This is a standard marketing line now. Also this, "We are trying our best to honor the previous films". That line gets trotted out with reboots and remakes. Shit

>>>Holla Forums

no matter the race user, a woman's opinion on male hobbies is not to be trusted

>>>/reddit/

I thought this jewish cashgrab already bombed at the theatre?

This is the same gay shit that the force awakened pulled. before release they tried to cover the fact that their story was horrible by saying >muh practical effects. normalfags ate it up, even tho the end product had cgi coming out the ass.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/reddipol/
Doesn't matter which one you choose btw, they're the same thing.

Jesus. At that rate they could have just used Lena Dunham. What happened to her?

The Prequels had less CGI than The Force Awakens. Go back and actually watch them before making claims that they don't hold up.

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other?

In what ways are these CGI necessary?

Are you suggesting they should have made props of holograms to simulate a CGI ad?

Those shots would've looked better without gigantic, dark, holographic stock photos floating on top of sloppy matte paintings.

They should've used their footage from Hong Kong with minimal cgi, at least it would look better than the blurry mess they have now.
youtu.be/739CeoVbGlo

Shit, forgot to embed

Sure, i guess.I suppose they were desperately scrambling for a cityshot that can one-up the classic Blade Runner shot they failed

It's a shame, this movie would probably be pretty cool if it was an original story and wasn't made and starring Hollywood kikes.