What's the best version of Blade Runner

What's the best version of Blade Runner.

the 10 minute claymation one

which doesn't exist

I've seen all versions and I must say the workprint is the best, if you're only going to watch BL one time then that should be it.

Director's Cut. Fucking narrationā€¦

How about 2:33?

The Final Cut
No other answer, unless workprint means a complete 3 hour uncut version with extra scenes and a creepy doll naked dance sequence, along with a snakewoman mandatory striptease

older threads debating this usually came down to either the international cut or final cut. final cut was the better film as far as story and shit goes, but intl had the better coloring. it was then agreed that the ultimate cut would be a fusion of the two.

also note, i may be confusing director's and international cut, i gotta double check on that.

Which cut you watch doesn't matter, as long as you view it in black and white with no audio.

People hold this movie up as the pinnacle of science fiction. I've watched it numerous times since it first came out when I was a kid. I've seen all the cuts, all the edits, and I've yet to be able to stay awake through the whole entire movie. I think it's boring and highly overrated. Even as far as film-noir detective/murder mysteries go (which is all it is when you take away the futuristic setting), it's not even as compelling as the average Bogart movie. And that soundtrack, holy fuck how annoying. It's like they gave a toddler an early model Casio keyboard and let them pound on the keys with a dirty diaper.

that's where you're wrong faggot, nobody except you thinks that.

besides, brade runna is known for cyberpunk, not sci-fi.

The version in the trash

You need help, buddy

The one where it was never made in the first place.

Cyberpunk is an off-shoot of sci-fi it's just a gritty version of it with Blade Runner being more in line with the Gibsonean aesthetic, cyberpunk requires at least a dystopian government and advanced/futuristic technology. Cyberpunk is now going the way of steampunk anyway so it doesn't fucking matter with garbage like Shadowrun taking helm.

i didn't say it was just cyberpunk, autist. reread my post. the film is known more for spreading the cyberpunk sub-genre of sci-fi than just being a sci-fi movie.

Cyberpunk doesn't have the same popularity among normalfags that steampunk does, so it can't be ruined by them. Shadowrun isn't so bad, if anything you should be blaming the players, since that's how you get shit in almost every tabletop game. The vidya is a different story, but it's not terrible.
Although with the Blade Runner and GITS movies coming out soon you could see people latching onto it and really fucking it over.
Interestingly, Gibson also had a hand in establishing the ideas for steampunk aesthetics, he co-wrote some seminal book about it

The whole "genre" is just out-dated take on near future sci-fi and is getting painfully retro by the minute. Cyberpunk has devolved into an aesthetic. Blade Runner is indeed significant because only thing going for it is the visuals that came to define the "genre".

Harrison Ford wasn't very good in it but come on now

114 words explaining why I think it sucks.

I always dug the theatrical cut because I refuse to believe that Deckard is a replicant.

But it's true. The visuals are great and the pseudo-philosophical plot gives the viewer an excuse for watching those visuals.

The acting was pretty good outside the girl and Harrison
The music was top notch
A trivial thing but one of the sets was a Frank Lloyd Wright house, the Hill Fortress in L.A., which is a rarity to see (you may notch this one on visuals)

It has 3 pretty good things, the plot is decent too, especially if you take out the drivel from the Theatrical Release

The book.
If you disagree, you are a pleb.

yeah that's where i couldn't suspend my disbelief anymore and decided the movie sucked. in what fucking universe do planes fly?

People who tell you it has some kind of deep plot are confused. Blade Runner's value is in it's aesthetic. It's not a thinky film, it's a feely film.

This guy gets it. It's more a depressing existential meditation with a warm fuzzy soundtrack than anything else. I literally used to fall asleep to this movie (also in homage to the original story that spawned it).

What even is a "deep" plot though?

Depth is a facade user, it's a marketing term used to boost sales. The only "depth" any story has is either social commentary or a political/religious allegory.

This is sex to my ears!

I always understood as character depth, as in the writer actually telling us what he knows about these weird complicated monkeys we are. Plenty of works have a lot of depth on what we are, even in completely socially irrelevant shit and merely introspection.

Yep, the Phillip K. Dick book it's based on is very melancholic.
That Vangelis music. Lovely.

Speaking of melancholy, atmospheric movies.

What a movie, definetly Mann's best!

You knew that was the Jacobis' cat. You brought a boltcutter cause you thought there was a padlock. And the Leeds' dog doesn't have a collar but you know it's the Leeds' dog, don't you, my man? The bloom on the woman. You can almost feel her. You can see her again and again, anytime you want. The doggy doesn't have a collar but you know the Leeds' dog, don't you? And you know the Jacobi cat. And the padlock on the door and you know you need a boltcutter and every other goddamn thing causeā€¦
YOU'VE SEEN THESE FUCKING FILMS!

Haven't you, my man?

Certainly my favorite of his. A great adaptation of the book.

It's an audiovisual tone poem, it's almost purely about atmosphere.

The remake is going to rock.
I heard Decker will be played by Rihanna in spectacular form, as a strong black woman living with her partner, a female to male transexual who is struggling with being trans-chinese as well.
They are both neuroscientists, and live in the only clean and modern area on the planet, in complete luxury.
The androids are played by the members of the Black Eyed Peas, with Roy being played by Fergie, as a strong black muslim woman disguising herself as a white woman.
This revolution in equality of a film will have no white males at all, unless you count the jews that self insert to ficky the white wimminz, because in reality, none would touch them.

Would have preferred the book ending where dolarhyde escaped and confronted Will at home, feels like Mann was in a hurry to wrap it up.

Cars, i meant cars
Yeah well, i fucked it up

The only correct answer ITT

Vlad Runner the movie, not the book where it came from, which is basically a whole different thing
Is this the dreaded smug anime girl posting i keep hearing about

I've always wondered about that scene: where any of JF Sebastian's 'toys' genuinely scared for their creator, or threatened by the presence of the Nexus-6 replicants?

Triss on top and Rachel Fondling my balls while both singing the Nazi Germany anthem.

Final Cut IMO.

(Voiceover rarely works in movies/TV. It's usually there to explain the plot to dummies who can't figure it out for themselves. Pandering to the lowest common denominator etc.)

The book and movie are so different that they should not be compared at all. Yes they're both about some guy hunting replicants in a dystopian future.