This is the new writer for Marvel comics

This is the new writer for Marvel comics.

Has diversity gone too far?

ivwall.net/blog/marvels-first-black-female-writer-80-years

youtube.com/watch?v=AGGpRD3vbwo

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/marvel-40-of-our-readers-are-female-and-our-sales-are-just-fine-thanks/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxane_Gay
archive.is/rpWXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One of my co-workers is a blue haired feminist. Her life is a trainwreck and she's pretty much wrong about everything all the time.

She was telling me how she was excited to start buying comics again because one of her favorite authors, a feminist author who is routinely and guilty of "problematic" behavior, would be writing for Black Panther.. because she's black and that's apparently super important.

Somehow, I'm not surprised that she looks like a dyke crossed with an overstuffed garbage bag

She looks more like a gay mexican man. How the fuck do we even get people who look like that?

Since OP never heard of archives. Can anyone tell me what she's going to be working on?

The Women of Wakanda.

Marvel keeps thinking that diversity and femininity are going to sell books.

It's like Marvel hates money or something..

HOLY SHIT! The funny thing about this is that I am watching this right the fuck now as well!

According to Marvel they're doing juuuust fine.

comicsbeat.com/marvel-40-of-our-readers-are-female-and-our-sales-are-just-fine-thanks/

Well, what do you expect them to say?

They have Marvel movie money, they don't have to care.

Good God she's a meme made flesh. Could you be any more stereotypical?

That is true, but wouldn't they like want have this mentality when working on comics as well?

>Growing up, you had read Archie comics, but not the superheroes. Did you have a favorite Archie character or story line? What was your research process for the Marvel project like?

She has no fucking idea what she's doing.

They're not going to have Marvel Movie Money (TM) forever. Even Walt Disney had to die, even the Disney Renaissance had to end.

People will eventually get tired of superhero movies. It might not happen tomorrow but it will happen and when it does, the comic book companies are going straight into the sewer because they can't even bolster their sales when the movies do well, let alone poorly

Saying "things are fine" instead "We're seeing improvement" is the death rattle of any industry.

Admit they put Social Justice above not being a joke.

They'll always have ENOUGH Marvel money to make movies and and shows of some level. And even if the movie money dries up in a year, that's a year of time that the comic guys don't have the face the fact that they're talentless hacks. As far as they're concerned, IT'S FREE MONEY. They can be as stupid as they want with it, because they didn't earn it, and it doesn't matter IF they earn anything. The sales numbers of a lot of Marvel books proves that it doesn't even fucking matter to them anymore. As long as someone at Disney keeps giving them a budget, they can burn it all and no one will suffer any repercussions.

Bendis will always be a hack, as will most of the Marvel writers (who for some reason are basically running things), and they will squeeze every last penny out of Marvel they can.

What I want to know though is who is buying any of these books? I can't remember the last Marvel book I actually enjoyed, so who settles for this shit?

Hooray for another meaningless milestone. Chris Priest would probably shed a tear if he wasn't writing for DC again.

But seriously, who cares? It's not like anybody here reads Black Panther.

Disney won't keep giving them budget.

Keep in mind that the higher ups at both DC and Marvel are starting to ask 'Why are we making new comics? Why don't we just reprint the old comics?'

All it takes is a slight shift, for superhero movies not to be as profitable as they were, and the Big Two will start to shed about 90% of its business.

I don't see much of why the success of failure of the movies will do much, I think the movies would BENEFIT from them just putting out reprints instead of creating trash that muddles and dilutes the characters. If anyone picked up Civil War II right now, would they WANT a Captain Marvel movie?

Oh well, eventually all the writers for Marvel will be dead. Hell, is this one they just hired really 80? See, dead in no time. None of this matters.

I love that Marvel hires these women who clearly do not give a shit about writing capes and puts them on cape books.

It's like they're out to prove that superheroes don't just appeal to a niche audience of nerds.

I honestly don't see why they hire these writers and put them on superheroes at all. A lot of DC's more interesting books lately are completely separate from their main universe, such as Flintstones and Future Quest, and people LIKE that they're different. Like, why the fuck does the Patsy Walker book have a Civil War II tie in? Why would you even sorta have something that different from a superhero book (also different from a book with "action" or a "plot") part of the larger canon? If you want to make books for old women just MAKE BOOKS FOR OLD WOMEN. They're not going to suddenly start reading fucking Daredevil, just do genre books that are self contained. Be a diversified publisher that actually makes different books for different people, instead of trying to make everyone a share a universe that doesn't even make sense anymore.

If Marvel came out with a "Feminist universe" tomorrow, I'd applaud them. But trying to work that into every aspect of the Marvel U is KILLING IT.

That sounds like a fucking plan to me, when will they start?

DC are already kind of in reprints. I imagine they'll be totally in reprints by the time Justice League totally fails.

Marvel's a bit more uncertain

No, once the movie/netflix bubble bursts, the mouse will drop Marvel & their loss-leader comics like a hot rock.

When things are going well, you can do no wrong. Once things go wrong, you can nothing right to correct your course.

Things run in cycles. Their hubris with lead to more bankruptcies. We've seen it all before.

Shitty processed genetically modified food, miscegenation and dysgenics.

Can you please start posting archives for your clickbait? You realize these websites were complicit in the SJW takeover of comics, right?

Remember Holla Forums isn't Tumblr, guys.

And within Disney nonetheless.
Remember LucasArts?
As soon as Disney bought the entire Lucas package they immediately dimsantled its videogame division. That's an important piece in the HISTORY of videogames.
They did it not because it would have been bleeding money, rather because it wouldn't have been profitable enough. They gave the Star Wars videogame rights to EA and the point-and-click ones to other studios (see the Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle remakes) and called it a day.

Right now they probably see Marvel as an accessory to their movies, some form of ads. As soon as it crumbles down, Marvel will be shutdown and the comic rights will be outsourced to other companies depending on the occasion (new Hulk movie coming? Give Darkhorse the rights to a comic series).

What Warner Bros will do though is a mystery, since even their movies aren't doing that great. I think they will just open a new subdivision dedicated only to Batman, but that won't be a solution to everything. Maybe DC will go the way Hanna-Barbera cartoons did.

vid related

Kek, look at the author's profile pic down the bottom of the article. Looks like he's stoned or bored out of his mind.

I'd read a Dark Horse Hulk series, honestly.

They already hired Kate Leth, I don't think they can sink any lower user.

he already lost his patreon and quit deviantart. No one will hire the blue bear.

I honestly doubt he could produce even a half assed book like Patsy Walker. He'd have a mental breakdown before he even got an issue out.

Marvel hiring /sp/ mods now?

Warner bros huffs paint and asks why people dont like most of their modern cuhrazee bugs and gang cartoons with 100% less slapstick and asks why batman ever got popular not realizing btas was their strongest move and greatly contributed to batmans popularity.

Wikipedia list her as a blogger and a scramble player. Is she like a tranny Peggy hill. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxane_Gay

That would be the funniest thing ever

reminds me of this vid

and this one

Wait, is that Scott Kurtz?

Why do women think Scrabble a sport or even hard to do?

Oh my god I hope she read and then dismissed Understanding Comics. That would be the real kicker.

I read it for a while then stopped for a while. I started reading again and so far it seems to be dealing with more political stuff after the whole Thanos invasion thing.

Also "Roxane Gay", did I not read that right or is that an actual name?

I know Gay used to be an acceptable girl's name, but it's really weird to see it as a family name.

It's weird that they'd just grab someone who probably NEVER had the urge to write a comicbook. Normally these "big name writers" (like when JMS was a big deal) were tv or movie writers who specifically wanted to write comics. Not just random writers they found and offered money to.

archive.is/rpWXw

Doesnt really translate to actual sales. That article reeks of desperation.

It really doesn't matter any more when it comes to Marvel. The only teams worth while are the smaller ones working on things like Carnage, but they aren't doing well at all so chances are they'll be gone soon as well.