Stand-Up Comedy

What stand-up specials does Holla Forums recommend?

Gaffigan has 5 specials, theyre all on netflix and the first 4 are great. The fifth one left me disappointed, however

Only the best.

Steven Wright
Dave Chappelle in DC
Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious

pic unrelated

Brian Regan has some pretty good ones. I'm a fan of clean comedians like him and Gaffigan.

Carlins got a ridiculous amount of good ones.

Any of Norm's specials are great. Good luck finding good quality footage of them on Youtube though.

Bo Burnham's "what" was good. "Make Happy" was dogshit.
Tom Segura is alright.
Jim Jefferies has some good shit, if you can tolerate heavy liberalism.
Louis CK's Chewed Up, Shameless, and Hilarious are really great, despite Holla Forums's obsession with the cuck meme. Avoid everything after Hilarious, as it gets progressively shittier.
Steve Hughes is alright.
Literally everything George Carlin has ever done is great.
Check out the other old dead good ones, too. Richard Prior, Mitch Hedberg, and Bill Hicks notably.
I'd stay away from Dimitri Martin. He's got a few good bits, but his specials are mostly shitty filler, and he hasn't written a good joke in a decade.

Everything I've seen from Richard Pryor and Dave Chappelle is great. Rodney Dangerfield's stuff is amazing and it's really all jokes.

>the audience is growing impatient
>a young white woman and a small contingent of white men are seated in the middle of the auditorium, surrounded on all sides by black bucks
>they fearfully look on as the crowd becomes increasingly erratic
>"EYYO WHERE THE WHITE BOY AT DOO?"
>a small group of basketball americans are seen beating bongo drums and blowing vuvuzelas in the back
>"IMMA TEAR THIS MOFUCKA DOWN IN ONE MINUTE IF-"
>suddenly the curtains part
>the crowd immediately goes silent
>louis ck steps out wearing nothing but a bathrobe
>they look on in anticipation, mouths agape
>louis ck steps up to the microphone but does not utter a single word
>the crowd starts shifting uncomfortably in their seats
>the white men futilely look behind them to the exit
>shaquille o'neal steps in their line of site and blocks the doorway
>louis silently pans over the crowd and begins licking his lips
>the silence becomes unbearable
>an erection emerges from louis' bathrobe
>a black baby is heard crying in the distance
>the audience starts twitching, unable to cope
>louis ck leans in to the microphone, lips touching the surface
>barely parts his lips to compose a whisper
>"big black cocks"
>the crowd erupts into hoots and hollers and begins stomping their feet in unison
>the white woman is already hogtied and having her earlobes stretched
>the screams of chimpanzees are drowned out by loud rap music
>BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY ROCKIN ERRWHERE
>circuis performers ride their stolen bikes on stage
>the entire concession stand has been looted
>the white men are crucified as the crowd cheeers
>the ghost of martin luther king jr is seen up in the rafters
>a single phantasmal tear rolls down his cheek

ya blew it

Whatever you do, don't marathon George Carlin standups. You will see a man deteriorate into fear, angery, and suffering. By the end he just kinda gave up ranting about the shit he was warning people about. He was really good at identifying the symptoms in society but never the (((source))) of the problem.

On the flipside, his final standup would make him an honorary /a/utist. He unironically wished to be the little girl. I'm not joking. He actually said that in his final standup.

I liked Robin Williams' Weapons of Self Destruction

Daniel Simonsen is hilarious if you're a NEET shut-in.
Patrice O'neal is great even though he shits on white people a lot. He has natural charisma.

I like him but he's a jew-loving liberal.

Norm is best.

He wasn't insightful or anything. He was just an angry liberal atheist.

If Carlin were still alive he'd be the biggest BLM supporting cuckold in the universe.

Mitch Hedberg

Yeah. His entire act would be about Trump. If you rewatch him he only has a few good bits. The rest is just preaching. Same as Hicks. I love Bill Hicks but I think he's funnier as Alex Jones.

always saw him as staunchly a-political and upholding the virtue that comedy is best when it is unapologetic and not beholden to politics. Heard him call a nigger a nigger and a kike a kike plenty, but in saying that he isn't likely to pander to the left or the right or any political agenda for that matter. Politics aren't really funny, which is why liberal comedians are shit because they use comedy as a soapbox. If you want comedians to pander to your side of politics you probably clap at jokes instead of laughing.

His stuff is great and the 'angry drunk ranter' style is funny, but his bit on "fuck the jews" always rubbed me the wrong way. He spends the entire time yelling at every other religion, and at the very end pretty much says "I'm only saying fuck the jews because I have to to seem neutral". He compliments them, then insults other religions, then doesn't really go after them.
He's also apolitical in the same way Bill Maher is apolitical. He shits on republicans all day and when called out he shoots out some half-assed bullshit on islam or PC culture.
It just irritates me but he's a great comedian most of the time.

I'm pretty sure Norm is a Holocaust denier purey for the comedic potential.

Probably the best comedian on the planet since everything he did was just pure jokes.

Colin Quinn.

RIP Tough Crowd.

Forgot to post a vid
The best real comedy show ever on tv.

what you are saying is true. I just don't think stanhope really cares if he is being balanced. Where as someone like maher would get butthurt if someone said he showed bias and would make an attempt to prove otherwise. where as stanhope probably wouldnt give a fuck about the criticism because i don't think he cares about politics like that. but dougs a comedian, a writer and a lolbertarian so hes a faggot anyway.

Louis CK, I linked in the other thread but here:
Also reminder, George Carlin was never funny.

Nick Dipaolo is the greatest around. Fast as shark, sharp like a razor.

I think Dice had some really good from the late 80's. Dennis Miller got a great one, Denis Leary had some special in the early 90's that is great, better than whatever pseudo-intellectual Bill Hicks put out.

Norm just likes fucking with people. Saying that, it's clear when you listen to his interviews or had the chance to read some of the tweets he's deleted that he's well aware of the (((problems))) in the world. His bit about being proud of your gay son, his verbal thesis on trannies, and how much he seems to actually know about holocaust denial makes me completely believe that he's red pilled. I just wish he'd stop popping pills like a retard and do more of his fucking podcast.

I feel bad for ADC. He created a character, and instead of people playing along like with Emo, Unknown Hinson or Pee-Wee, everyone thought "Yeah, that's literally what he's like" and gave him shit.

I kinda doubt that. Carlin wasn't really liberal per say. He hated political correctness and in one of his specials he openly said that "the Jews own everything and the blacks get special treatment!"

I always loved this guy.

he's a jew so yeah

He was Catholic.