Are you going to watch it

Are you going to watch it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpEx7pdp2-Q
cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder755/21323755.jpg
pastebin.com/TGzmYw7E>>667066
dreadcentral.com/news/217325/alien-covenant-2-script-already-written-shooting-2018/
archive.is/MTr6V
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

Yes, I will.
Not for money, naturally, but I will still watch it in the vaigue and distant hope that the film isn't utter garbage, since they've stopped pretending it's not an Alien prequel.

Call back to Aliens with the Xenomorph leaping down the red corridor like the red vents.

Interesting shot of David walking among the mummified Engineers.

The hint about the wheat is either David or the implication being that the wheat has been growing itself since all the Engineers died off. Presumably this means that humans are literally just an Engineers product used to grow xenomorphs/serve as experiments.

It's got an interesting vibe. I think they've went a bit heavy on the action. Prometheus didn't need more action, it needed a coherent story.

I just hope they don't over rely on cgi. But from the ending of the trailer, it seems they will.

I never watched Prometheus what's wrong with it.

Lots'a plot holes

so is this a reboot? didn't the magneto guy went into space adventures with the girl in prometheus? does this movie happens before prometheus? can't be since the first alien appeared on prometheus

wut

It's set after Prometheus, the two main's from the prequel will appear somehow

Confused story, characters that were pretty uncompelling. Cringe dialogue.

The film seemed to want to deny it was an Alien prequel. It could have been great but I think Ridley is a hack.

The original script for it was fantastic too. I'd recommend giving that a read.

It's another Synthetic. You can see Shaw's dogtag in the trailer.

No.
The cinematography is the most atrocious thing I've seen. It's shaky cam where none should be.

I seriously hope you mean Lindelof's script and not Spathi's. Although I liked the facehuggers rape in the first drafts I think it was vastly improved once it was changed to be less of a by the numbers prequel. Just seeing the trailer above and the xenomorph in plain daylight I'm even more certain it was the right direction for prometheus. They should honestly not even have had the giant squid in. The engineer and the black goo was enough.

It really looks like a cheap Netflix series, even down to the pozzed mystery meat actors.

i might sneak in and watch it just so we can rip it apart for being so shit.
or just wait for the dvdrip and make fun of it on movie night like we used to

No, Netflix would look better than this.

Strange leg position, similar to the Queen in Aliens.

I'm hoping the CG gets improved because it's looking a bit dogshit at the moment. Those "neomorphs" are probably the worst example of the poor CGI.

It's like they had this kneejerk reaction to an action oriented film that has to have the xenomorph in it. smh

I agree. I wished the story was focused on the Engineers themselves. Him waking up and acting like a monster was very disappointing.

Maybe, perhaps they would go with a retrofuturistic aesthetic and keep the CGI shenanigans down to a minimum to not go over budget.

Fucking hell. It had an interesting enough plot, but the ending was atrocious and all the technology was implied, beyond a fucking holographic alarm clock we see every 5 minutes.

Yeah, they even cut him talking to David a bit first before going axe crazy. I think that was a bit of a mistake on Lindelof's part, he kept the engineer as a slasher villain while he changed the rest too much for it to work. Originally he was supposed to be in cryo because he had been facehugger'd and you can understand him being pissed when waken up by someone who was not engineer rescue crew. Without that context it doesn't work quite as well, but even if something like that had been kept to explain his behaviour I still think reducing him to a monster would be disappointing.

The alien is pretty worn out at his point but the engineers offered a taste of uncharted territory and that was the most compelling thing about Prometheus for me. You didn't know what to expect and they were fresh.

And yeah, the CG looks really bad in this new one, which is weird because when it came to that Prometheus was fine if not great.

I'll wait until reviews come out so I can hear the plot context, because so far, it just looks like Prometheus but with an actual fucking xenomorph. Not like I ended up having my money wasted when Prometheus was in theaters, but I don't wanna risk that here.

David is literally an allegory for Lucifer and the xenomorphs are a literally an attempt at him being a God-creator type. It's implied that he experiments on shaw to create the facehugger in the leaked synopsis.

Proto Xenomorphs. They're not supposed to be like the ones in the original movie. They skulls look more humanoid and defined instead of the penis-head we all know and love.

link?

the leaked synopsis was in an Holla Forums thread a few months ago. I can't find it at the moment. The movie ends with David killing his doppleganger and taking his place on the Covenant ship.

Is this supposed to be shaw exploring the alien world or some edgy guy allied with the aliens ?

That's David. Shaw is dead.

Seemed like a memory due to the filter. So what is he doing ? Signaling the aliums to attack the expedition? Using a flare to light up the scenery ?
I'm pretty sure every alien comic and game has aliens kill synthetics.

Think this might be the synopsis. Was posted on 4chan's Holla Forums

The spaceship Covenant is transporting frozen embryos to a human colony on a faraway planet when they receive a distress signal from Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace), from the Prometheus expedition, which disappeared 10 years prior. The crew is brought out of hypersleep to answer to the signal, which leads to the death of the Covenant's captain, Branson (James Franco). His wife, terraforming researcher Daniels (Katherine Waterson), is deeply affected by the accident, while Branson's first officer Archer (Billy Crudup) is made captain. The Covenant is piloted by Daniels's friend Tennessee (Danny McBride) and the crew is aided by an android, Walter (Michael Fassbender).

The Covenant follows Shaw's signal to Paradise, an uncharted forest planet and homeworld of the Engineers, the ancient extraterrestrials that seeded life on Earth and then sought to the destroy it. The Engineers' secret weapon, the black ooze, has spread through Paradise, turning it into a wasteland. The Covenant's crew ventures into Paradise on a transport shuttle, and two of its members are exposed to spores released by plants infected by the ooze. One of them is quarantined aboard the transport shuttle, where a monstrous "Neomorph" bursts from his back and kills another crewmember. While trying to kill it, another crewmember accidentally shoots the shuttle's fuel tank, causing it to explode.

Another Neomorph bursts from the other infected crewmember's throat and chases the remaining crew into the forest, where they are ambushed by more Neomorphs and all but Daniels, Tennessee, Archer and Walter are slaughtered. They are rescued from the Neomorphs by David (Michael Fassbender), the sole survivor of the Prometheus crew.

David reveals that Shaw sacrificed herself to crash a spaceship against Paradise's surface, exposing the Engineers to the black ooze to prevent them from destroying Earth, leaving him stranded on Paradise.

David leads the survivors back to the Engineers' derelict citadel, where he's been living ever since. Walter mistrusts David, who is not behaving in accordance with their programming, and finds out that David in fact murdered Shaw. David's mind has been warped by the numerous modifications that his creator, Peter Weyland (Guy Pearce), made to his programming during the Prometheus's expedition, and is obsessed with creating the "perfect organism". He exposed numerous lifeforms on Paradise, including Shaw, to the black ooze and, after numerous failed attempts, has created an alien egg, which produces a facehugger that latches itself to Archer.

Daniels and Tennessee realize David is controlling the Neomorphs and blow up his laboratory, killing the Neomorphs. They escape back to the Covenant with Walter and Archer in order to leave Paradise, but a Primal Xenomorph bursts out of Archer and begins slaughtering the remaining crew. Daniels and Tennessee lure the Xenomorph into the Covenant's airlock and eject it into space just as the Covenant takes off.

After escaping, Daniels and Tennessee place themselves back in hypersleep to continue their voyage to the colony, unaware that David has killed Walter and stolen his identity to leave Paradise. David secretly plants two alien egg embryos among the human frozen embryos that the Covenant is transporting to proceed to the next phase of his experiment.

He's an android buddy.
Could be the same model from prometheus, could be a different android with the same likeness.

So the egineers are just all dead now?
They pretty much given up on them and decided to remove them from the franchise already? That was quick.

So they are just trying to redo aliens ?

I fucking knew it. Should have figured from the trailers that they were intending on pulling a Force Awakens on us.

Fuck, even The Force Awakens has enough elements in its plot so that it's not completely like A New Hope. It only features certain recycled elements, but the plot is actually more different than most people realize.

Covenant is literally just Alien all over again. Step-for-step. Hard pass.

Nah, don't try to defend *this new planet sized death star kills 5 planets in one shot*. It doesn't work.

Probably. I really wish they had continued with the Prometheus story though.

At this point one has to accept that Ridley is a hack. He will only write and direct what sells. He will never try to fix his messes.
With lindeloff he will pretend he has great new ideas, but dump them in the toilet when faced with criticism.

Okay I take it back. Get fucked Ridley Scott. You damn well know better.

welp there goes that series

Why can't they return to the original formula of creeping terror?
They show the fucking alien in the trailer.

m8 everyone knows about the fucking xenomorph by now and the film's fucking called alien. People know what to expect. Shit, people more or less knew what to expect in Prometheus. Familiarity breeds contempt and these days anything involving xenomorph or their variants is about action and watching people get fucked up, it's not really horror like the original Alien.

You mean if they hadn't shown the Alien in a trailer for a movie called Alien from the Alien franchise you would have been surprised when it shows up?

You can chant 'We will, we will rock you' and it fits.

I'm pretty sure "nutty android experiments with the black goo" featured in the comics they published after Prometheus

No one ever considered Alien a subtle horror flick, when it came out. It was all about the gore of the chestbuster scene.

You're repeating buzzwords from fake nerds and you don't even realize.

anyone else fund this garbage by having went to see Prometheus? boy do I wish I just stayed home that day

Cameron, is that you?

The horror of Alien worked because no one knew what the alien was. You can't really go back to that now. Which is why the creature should probably be put to bed now. There's nowhere left to go with it.

Which is why more albino space bodybuilders would've been cool.

Exactly.

You know what they're including in this movie to try to make the alien fresh again? An alien king. Yeah, how fucking lame does that sound? Alien's done. Send him to the video game and comic ghetto. It's over.

It's ok, if you don't get it. You've been taught a myth and to let go, is not something that average joes can do easily.

All genre fiction was looked down upon, and I mean like real retards stuff like capeshit today. Actual horror? Hitchcock. Actual scifi? Kubrick.

Fun element, distasteful gore, chase sequences were chastised for the bread and circus they are. But we can't really admit that your generation's elite entertainment, is the previous' cesspool of failure can we?

A director of sound mind who wasn't just dead set on milking a cash cow would at this point realize that to make an Alien film interesting and compelling you'd have to focus entirely on the human elements or introduce a new monster to take the place of the xenomorph. The formula has become stale and predictable but worse the films have also gotten increasingly incoherent and nonsensical.

Didn't they already do that in one of those Alien vs. Predator abominations?

avp was ok a little flawed, but overall enjoyable. requiem was trash and unnecessary. you probably just can't handle that this fine AF queen saved the day.

No they aren't, that was just a commissioned statue.

Damn, can you imagine having your standards THIS low?

Best timeline, fams.

Of course. But that doesn't prevent them to make a new version that came from a completely different alien. Super stealthy or something.
Make some suspense, make it again a horror flick.
It's fucking annoying with the same old shape doing the same old trick, getting killed the same old way.
Hollywood needs to die for their japanese style rehashing of old shit.

avp done right is the sequel alien fans deserved. fans of the comics probably wanted avp more than any of the alien sequels.

Known horrors can work if they are horrific by themselves. There are plenty of chilling stories even if there is very little mystery involved. The alien hive in Aliens and Ash attacking Ripley in Alien is still fucking horrific even when we perfectly know what is going on. The monster itself in the two first movies is so well made that it's horrifying to see, even when you know how they breed, what they eat and how they behave. That is the power of smart design and immersive implementation.

But the thing is that such stories need to be known. We have zero fucking material to figure out why the black goo was created. They are also fully trying to make the engineers as not-horrific as possible.

After 4 Alien movies, this one just seems like nostalgia based cashgrab. You could possibly do something new with the universe, but you'd have to be really creative to do so and we know very well that Hollywood has zero creativity in them.

Prometheus is underrated. Give it a chance.

I knew that site sucked, Damon Lindelof is Jewish.

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL FUCKING POINT

serves them right tbh

My opinion: no one can continue the mess that is the Alien saga. So we get lore + dumb action that panders to both die hard fans and casual cinema viewers.

We need a new story with aliens, not some half-assed lore that just breaks the mystery with a shitty history.

What we need is OC that isn't just bad Alien fanfiction but that can stand on its own. No more xenomorphs, no eggs, something different than the usual slasher in space.

What the fuck even is the lore of Alien that Prometheus broke.

I'll pick it up at Red Box eventually.

It's not much, but it allows you to do whatever the fuck you want.

and you already lost me

So it's set on the same planet as Prometheus? But it's covered in forest and empty cities now? Otherwise how did David get off?

No, it's set on the homeworld of the engineers. David flew there together with Shaw from LV-223 (the planet Prometheus is set on).

It's the exact same shit as Prometheus, incompetent and ill disciplined weaklings sent on a mission of enormous importance despite showing no signs of any skills that would qualify them for the task.
It reeks of lazy writing.

It's colonists that are supposed to seed their new Home with frozen human embrios or something. Of course they have a scientific backround.
And untrained civilians trying to defend themselves from the Alien is pretty much an Aliens-staple since the first movie.

Yeah but those people must've been veterans in their line of work, these are baby-faced kids recruited because they're "smart".

I would rather live in a timeline where they wouldn't have to be in the first place but the auters and good writers getting the last laugh and proven to be not only right but also missed once gone does feel good.

So uh why do the engineers not stop shaw's ship from entering their homeworld. Its like a advance alien species wont notice a ship coming back from (military base with crazy xenos). Also where the hell are their cities and buildings?

But the one that fucks you in the mouth is clearly white. The blacks just serve the whites.
Evidently whites rule blacks even in aliens.

Wow it's fucking nothing.bmp

I really wanted to see Shaw's adventures with a robot head on the engineers' homeworld, I'd imagine it to be a gigantic metropolis that's half subterranean and some parts exposed. Just imagine all the weird cool shit that a bunch of biological engineers would have. You could just about make any type of film you'd want, from the philosophical to gruesome horror.

Yet we get a dead world, an empty forest and not even any real ruins. From what we've seen so far their homeworld is just as sparsely populated as their tiny bio weapons facility.

That premise made sense in the original though, Ripley and her crewmates were really just space truckers and nothing more.

This. Long time Alien fan here. Just want to see some Xeno action.

Ridley wasn't always a hack. He's just gotten old is all.

At least they're not niggers.

I suppose the studio know what they're doing with all this rehashing then. Tasteless flaunting of a CGI alien in direct daylight and several times in the trailer was pretty shameless pandering but I guess it will pay off.

The aliens being genetically engineered bioweapons was already established pre Prometheus though, wasn't it?

It's a visual masterpiece devoid of content

Couldn't decide if it wanted to be a philosophical adventure/mystery OC or an Alien soft reboot/slasher in space. Aesthetic as fuck.

This. I want a Mountains of Madness type film.

no, i hate movies

Why isn't there a good film adaption of this yet?

Del Toro tried but failed because most studios demanded a PG13 version in order to invest enough money to make it.

You niggers fail to recognize the one, most worthy addition to lore in the franchise. In fucking Aliens.

Not the Queen. Not the colonial marines. It was the reveal that aliens live in ant colonies. The first movie had a wandering beast, is all. In the second, it all got turned upside down with the xenomorphs able to live together and coordinate.

The logical step afterwards, would have been to see a proper alien society. In a hive old enough to be a lovecraftian city of ancient horror. And instead we got into predators and jewish mythmaking.

Nope.

In the comics the only thing hives are good at is being a milestone for the Yautja to rank up. Same with Abominations. IIRC each of the 4 Yautja homeworld presidents had to clear multiple hives (300+ Xenos) and 7 queens. Solo. I think Abominations counted as a full hive maybe, but can't quite remember.

Basically Xenos only exist to promote Yautja culture.

That was the worst part about Aliens, turned the horror from outer space into a fucking ant.

How to beat the alien.

Step 1. Lock yourself in a room.
Step 2. Wait.

Go on…

For free? Sure.

It breaks down the door.

I'm actually okay with this, even if it might imply david created the modern xeno on lv-426

Kenny fucking Powers as the main-guy?

FUCK YEAH!

Well it's a good thing we don't take fucking stupid comic books seriously as canon.

IIRC the engineers were meant to be the space jockeys

1. Why is there homosexuals in in a colonization mission?
2. Wont colonization missions require a large group of people so that the third generations and forward won't be fucking their own cousins?
3. If your (quite obvious) sociopolitical agenda is to say race mixing is both fine and inevitable shouldn't all of the actors be of mixed race already?
4. Why do all of the scenes of classic Aliens stuff look so silly?
5. Why does it look so bad?

What's wrong with the leg? It looks fine to me.

Because it's copying The Force Awakens model.

What?

I already watched the original, why need to watch an objectively shitty film that will never hold up to the original? Besides, this looks like a reshoot of Prometheus, but different actors, meaning I know this will be shit,

Libruls never understand the consequences of what they're pushing, only the kikes look ahead.

Why even have Ridley Scott direct this? Why not just correctly put in the credits that the director is Ridely Scott (Circa 1979/2012)? Clearly he didn't do anything new; creatively bankrupt it seems.

This. Goddamn nothing is fucking watchable.

Soft reboot, nostalgia bait, remake of the original film with added diveristy.

This pic claims the exact opposite.

This.
Ridley was trying to be ambitious, he failed, but there are noteworthy sparks of genius. I say watch it.

But don't mind me, just start screaming WHY DIDN'T SHE RUN SIDEWAYS?!

My man.

This should answer any questions you have.
youtube.com/watch?v=GpEx7pdp2-Q

God I can only imagine the one liners and rants now.

Are we going to get "Prometheus is Kino" shitposters here too now?

I think that's somewhat true but I still think libruls lack even more foresight, they don't even understand the direct consequences of actions. A kike might indeed not have an endgame to his machinations but a librul don't even understand what will or won't directly benefit him.

>Able to survive an extraterrestrial environment filled with millions of unknown microorganisms at

How much are they paying you?

There was a lot of pottery in Prometheus, especially with Weyland, the engineer and David, mirroring Roy and Tyrell. It's also very aesthetic and at times very meditative. Still, not quite kino but it could have been, might still even become if the studio produces another cut to unfuck it.

Yep. It's an ok film to watch.
Doubt it. The weak link was Scott even more than the writing. Missing all the dark atmosphere you'd expect.

This could be true but I want to believe he still got it. Having seen the trailer in the OP you're probably right though.

Ther's too much jew-meddling in this film in my opinion.

The wheat thing is pretty dumb because ancient wheat was green, not brown.

Only to stay ahead of the meme curve. My expectation is it spawns at least half a dozen micro memes with one solid, mainstay meme.

You really don't know anything about how grains work, do you?

Can't say I do. How about you educate me? All I know is that ancient wheat is supposed to be green while GMO wheat is brown. Not talking about the shoop but the trailer.

DUDE WHEAT LMAO

Wild wheat looks green longer, but typically grains turn brown as they ripen. Ancient Egyptians already depicted unripe wheat green and wheat being harvested as brown.

>The Engineers' secret weapon, the black ooze, has spread through Paradise, turning it into a wasteland.
Diversity. Not even once.

Do you think the movie is a clever analogy to white genocide and an entire planet getting BLACKED?

UNLIMITED CROP YIELDS

The original Alien was meant to look like a black dick and the film was supposed to warn of the dangers of the free love movement. So maybe.

The message is unmistakable.

First paragraph, and the kikery has already been confirmed. Not that the trailer and the prequel didn't already.

I suppose these films are pretty redpilled after all.

cock lookin like a damn oil slick

maybe not in theaters it looks meh. i also dont like katherine waterstone

does this mean ridley is /ourguy/ ?

what's with with qt waterston? she's a decent actress.

I don't think so at all she acts the same bad way in everything. And I don't find her qt.

Nope. Their origin was open and unknown from 1-4, and pred 2. The engineers have an alien mural without having made an alien yet. But if fucking david can play maker with aliens and it's goo related then things are pretty lame.
Grow your home aliens, just use some of this here goo. Anyone can do it!

I do not see the original space jockey as human faced. Not at all. The comics did the wierd helm more justice.

It wasn't exactly praising the ancient and wise civilization. If anything the one shown was a barbarian who didn't even use tools to kill his enemies.

Wait how far back do the engineers even go lore wise? Were they always meant to be like this or are they the elephants?

From the very first movie. 1979. But they are open to interpretation. You never see the thing alive.
The comics took a shot at having one of them alive, with a visible face. It wasn't too bad. Prometheus just make them big white human bodybuilders. I find that extremely underwhelming coming from Ridley, the guy who is supposed to have tons of good ideas.

Seriously? So in other words he fucked his own movie because…"Why not"?

I dunno, the engineer was visceral but I wouldn't call him a barbarian. Much like in Greek legend he wasn't just a scrawny cuck with the thinking man's fetish but someone with both a trained mind and body, someone not afraid to use violence. I think a gun or a similair device would have cheapened him yet a spear or a sword while appropriate would have felt out of place I guess. In the effeminate modern West he might be called a savage but yet I think he's much more civilised than the humans who awaken him.

So you're arguing that he was showing that he didn't need a weapon?

Pretty much so. But look around. Some people like them. Maybe they are more relatable for some. I just never watched alien universe movies to see humans, I watch alien to see extra terrestrial things.
I have no idea why people like the engineer design when the helmet clearly indicated something with a trunk.

He was ripping off heads and throwing people around like ragdolls. The only thing that he does uninvolved in smashing everyone around him is pilot the ship.
He's the truck driver equivalent of the engineers.

Not quite, I just think the way in which the violence manifested was appropriate and that he doesn't necessarily become dindu-esque just because he got physical. I do think he did rip David's head off to prove a point, that much is clear from the deleted scenes but the rest doesn't seem to be for show.

Who would win - Predator or Engineer?

Yeah I noticed that too, I think he was showing he's not their "buddy", he's superior to them and their little toys do not impress him. Like Broly.

It's one of those horror movies that stop being scary and turn into comedy because every character keeps acting like an imbecile.

On my first viewing I much like you hated the engineers because I thought it was a huge waste considering the original Giger design but I've recently rewatched it but tried not seeing it through the scope of Alien and it works much better that way. In the context of Prometheus their design makes a lot of sense.

Unarmed I would say engineer because they are taller and have more strenght overall. Once tactics and weaponry come into play it might be the predator, this is all total fanfiction tier though because for all we know the engineers have been around much longer and are more advanced. They might even be responsible for the predator aliens.

I always thought the Engineer started murdering everyone because the planet they are on is a bioweapon testing/production facility. He might have assumed they were trespassing to steal Engineer bioweapons or that they were infected.

Naturally, all of that falls apart when at the end he sets off towards Earth to viral bomb it into extinction.

Predators go on hunts to prove the superiority of their clan as a stand-in for war. They nearly wiped their whole race from the galaxy while openly fighting each other, so to avoid a repeat of that they decided to settle disputes through a honor system that rewards hunting dangerous prey.

They were going to nuke Earth with black goo when someone dropped an alium petri dish and everyone in the facility died except one that managed to get into cryo or already was. Then a reverse Blade Runner scene happens when Weyland asks for more life and tells the engineer that David is perfect and will live forever and that he himself is a god. The engineer proves him wrong and then proceeds to do his mission, now apparently way overdue. Then a nigger rams his ship and he hunts down the one responsible.

Is that from the comics?

It's from somewhere in the official lore, can't remember where exactly. Predators don't hunt just xenomorphs.

Also, fun fact, Predator females are bigger and stronger than the males.

Nice.

It really sucks that they destroyed Noomi Rapace's character arc because all the fanboy faggots bitched about Prometheus being bad. The new movie looks as though it will have no redeeming qualities. Bad actors, bad visuals, bad story…Sad.

Wouldve been interesting to see how an aliens movie would be without a large disposable cast.

it really amazes me that prometheus becomes a better movie with the deleted scenes re-added, that fan edit was a great idea. anyone have a link to it? i used to have it on my pc but it got deleted so i could make space for other shit.

Not just that but no xenomorphs, no chestbursting, none of the stale formula parts. A lone girl and a robot head going to the homeworld of space aryans to get some answers. Everything would be fresh and at the very least interesting. It would by necessity no longer be a slasher movie in space but an adventure or mystery film. Potential kino even.

I miss Damon Lindelof.

You don't know what you have got until it's gone.

didn’t this guy ruin prometheus?

You should look into the fuckery that happened during the shooting, its amazing it came out this "good"

to my knowledge, spaihts had come up with the "jesus was an alien, we killed him because of it and that's why they planned to destroy earth" and lindelof chopped off the first half of it, so we just got "an event happened 2000 years ago and the engineers planned to destroy earth"

But it was objectively shit. The entire movie was fucking sequel bait, it raised a bunch of nonsense questions and then didn't answer them, and the ones it did answer were fucking retarded (old guy is alive, old guy is spacebitch's father, lead chick can't have babies, etc.). The entire movie was just nonsensical yet still cliched garbage. I don't understand how anybody who's ever seen any other alien movie could find this appealing.

Thanks for admitting you're a fanboy. Prometheus wasn't an Alien movie, you faggot.

Lindelof is a saint for axing that retarded bullshit.

i agree it was a farcical idea to begin with, but the fucker didn't bother to fill it in with anything, just one quick liner from the old lady and then the rest of the movie.

That shit sounds like it came straight out of Assassin's Creed

Yeah, and that was a major part of the problem. It wasn't an Alien movie and it spent the whole runtime baiting you about it.

No, everything good in the film was due to him.

Mind going into more detail?

It's set on an Engineer planet and you're quickly made aware of the fact some biological breakout took place. Anyone that saw the first Alien was pretty much waiting for the moment they were gonna reveal the xenomorph.

Also, like that other user said, Prometheus was an objectively shit movie. Visually, it's pretty good, but the writing is incoherent gibberish where the plot only moves forward by having all characters act like complete imbeciles.

The scene where the female lead runs into the room with the old guy getting ready to exit the ship, after having given birth to some alien abomination and fails to inform anyone of this fact has to be one of the most retarded sequence of events I ever witnessed in a movie.

That would have been terrible.
Are you doing a Mike thing here where you pretend to be retarded? They knew she was pregnant with an ayy lmao, they saw the bandage. What should she have said?

Yeah, because when I see someone with a bandage the first thing I assume is that she gave birth to an ayy.

Maybe mention the fact there's an alien squid monster loose on the ship? The same ship that is their only way back? I guess I'm not retarded like you and can see how an alien monstrosity roaming about in a confined space might present a problem for the trip home.

I like to think they are biological machines and the suit is just an option. The comic book version was 2goofy.

Even with all this shit we're going better than following the stupid comic book storyline with the xenomorph homeworld, telepathy and other cringy shit.

It wasn't loose when she left it.

So she shouldn't mention the fact there's an alien monster in the infirmary? I mean, there's a bunch of guys armed with guns in that same fucking room as her, why not tell them to go and kill the thing?

No franchise has been raped so hard for so long. Now it's just necrophilia.

No. The engineer was Longinus, the German soldier who stabbed Jesus. But when Jesus came back to life, the Engineer panicked and reported back to his home world 'that humans were evolving' and need to be stopped.
t. rewrite

3 and Resurrection are good movies, and aren't the comics non-canon.

is that from the leaked alien: engineers script? i never read it.

Na, just made it up. It sounds more reasonable that a 9 foot albino was a soldier than jesus.

The third film wasn't too bad for what it was actually, I think it could have had another editing pass though. And maybe a better designed colony, but then I think the planet was just a bunch of stranded convicts (space /aus/).

Resurrection was pretty awful though. Quantum Leap guy, poorly written script, terrible allegories. Waste of money.

Resurrection's premise wasn't bad and I was expecting action shlock with the quality of a direct-to-DVD movie but it was a funny-ass movie (video related) and the fact they even made one after 3 is hilarious, the only problem I had with it was Whedon's dialogue. The way the new alien dies was also very nice to watch.

Fuck off jew. Nobody likes your mystery sequel bait.

cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder755/21323755.jpg

It seemed, at least going off the numerous original scripts, and even how they presented the original Prometheus trailer that they were trying to ripoff and then refine some of the better ideas of the comics

This is almost precisely how "royal jelly" produced by different aliens works in the comics from the 90s so they'd have an excuse to dream up all sorts of fucked up mutated aliens. It even turns humans into psuedo aliens under the right circumstances.

This goes way back to the Alien script

The whole morbid tone of the first trailer seemed to imply they were going for a lovecraftian "the universe cannot be known or controlled and eventually destroys intelligent life which tries to explore it" thing by doing voice overs of ominous sounding lines out of context while scenes of desolate space and planets appear on screen. This is something which was also present in some of the original concept(same director and the originator is doing this afterall) and in some of the comics. The implication was the the aliens and creations like them exterminate their makers and are a dominant force in the universe even if they are mindless rape monsters which exist only to perpetuate themselves. It is civilization and culture which is the temporary thing which is eventually swept away by mindless forces of evolution and the survival of the fittest. Weapons created to protect and advance its interests ultimately replace it because they are created to endure where their masters cannot, leaving a universe devoid of intelligent life inhabited by post-intelligent beings which mindlessly spread and exterminate species after species.

Which certainly would have been different, if something which has been done in old scifi before.

I know, it's fucking retarded.

Especially since in that case the cult of the alien god and his philosophy became THE dominant culture influence on humanity over the next 2000 years. So isn't that exactly what an alien god would want?

Look it had a fedora spouting shit(not real scientists by the way just fucking libarts majors who can do SCIENCE because movies). They had a geologist who makes maps but can't read a map hanging around with a biologist who does seem to recognize aggression in animals and they act like teenage girls in a Friday the 13th movie. We've got negro captain man who exists. We've got a robutt running around doing crazy shit unsupervised despite saying shit that might as well be "soon I will construct skynet and wipe out all the filthy fleshsacks", we have characters who seem to be incapable of situational awareness or rational thought and every single "philosophical" line of dialogue is something 14 year old would spout.

And at a technical level the pacing is poor. Cinematography and iconography is all it has going for it. It introduces interesting themes, like that the space jockeys are apparently religious or psuedo-religious, but does nothing with them.

David and the biologist were the two worst parts of that movie by far. The biologist tries to make friends with the geologist and gets rebuffed, set up for some escalated conflict later maybe? Nope. They just instantly become friends for no reason at all.
And then they encounter a living alien life form, and this guy who's supposed to be a good enough biologist to be brought along on this trillion dollar mission, decides that the right way to go about examining this life form is to stick his arm out and pretend it's a cat and say "it's okay baby" over and over like a retard. He doesn't even have the awareness to see potentially aggressive body language, and DOESN'T THINK TWICE ABOUT INTERACTING WITH A DIFFERENT FUCKING ALIEN TO THE ONES THEY'VE ALREADY SEEN THAT ARE ALL FUCKING DEAD.
Christ all fucking mighty, they see a bunch of dead Engineers who've all been running from something, and then he sees a different alien and just forgets all about that.
And then David walks around saying ominous shit every five fucking seconds, but nobody seems to pick up on it. For some reason he was programmed to frown whenever someone says he isn't human or lacks a soul.
Also, how the fuck did those holograms of the Engineers work? He touches some buttons and they start playing at random, but only recorded the movements of the Engineers? Then David goes into the command room, and watches the one Engineer use the egg-buttons to bring up a space-map, which he can apparently interact with and just hold Earth in his hands. So was the map a hologram or not? Was it activated by the hologram going through the motions of activating it? That doesn't make sense either since they can run straight through people and just leave a little sprinkling of dust behind. It's like they didn't even think about shit after they introduced it. "Oh yeah, he can totally interact with the recording of a hologram of a space map, that makes sense"
Fuck I hate this fucking movie.

It would have been great if the Geologist was the straight man reacting to the idiocy of the libtards faggots with the weedly biologist backing him up after a moment of thought

Geologist: "Woah! What the fuck do you think you are doing?"

Fedora: "Well the air is-"

Geologist: "Full of deadly mold spores? Full of bacteria that will build colonies in your lungs and drown you in your own puss in a week? Well now I'm not taking off my suit when we get back on the ship. I'll eat, shit, and sleep in this thing all the way back to earth if I need to. Taking off fucking suits on an alien planet, Jesus Christ."

Biologist: "Yeah on second thought I'm not taking off my helmet either."

I was totally on board with the geologist from the meeting where he calls out Shaw and the other guy for not having anything solid to back up their claims. I really thought he was going to be the foil to their "meeting our creators" bullshit.
The amount of stupidity on a mission like that was just astounding. Zero oversight or precautions. They don't take any kind of food or water inside the tomb. What would have happened if the entrance collapsed?
And then Shaw decided that she really needed to jump out of the safety of the ship to grab the head, even though there's a million more bodies inside. She hadn't seen them by that point, sure, but there's no way you could assume that was the only body left.
Shaw slightly redeemed herself by being smart and getting the giant facehugger thing out, but the med-bay was retarded. It can't perform a caesarian but it can perform what amounts to the exact same operation with a different name?
Nice digits by the way

Can you imagine the programmer of the medical aparatus copypasting the cesarean under the designation "removal of large alien parasites"?

What I want to know is why they could only be programmed to serve a male anatomy or a female one. They could make an advanced medical bay capable of performing complex surgeries with just a few button pushes and a scan, but they didn't have enough memory to put in as many possible surgeries as they could?

I didn't even remember that one. Yeah, that doesn't particularly make sense for most of the operations. The difference in anatomy between genders isn't that much bigger than the difference between members of the same sex. It would make more sense if the machine was calibrated only to work on one individual and anyone else ran the risk of getting a brazilian organ theft botch job tier surgery.

There's so much shit I'm remembering now. David repeating that "the trick is not to care that it hurts" which seemed like a really obvious set up for something later on, but then they just ignored it completely.
Not bringing weapons of any kind on the first expedition into the unknown. It's like setting off into the amazon and saying "whoa, we don't need to bring a machete, we're peaceful"
The bullshit reveal of the corporate chick being the daughter of Weyland.
*awkwardly kisses ring*
"I hate you…… DAD!"
*dramatic music*
It's like they just shoved in any and everything that could relate to the theme of parental abandonment.
Pretty much the only redeeming part I can think of was the Engineer kicking the shit out of David, Weyland and that guard, and the surviving the crash to come and finish off Shaw. Even if he was going to destroy Earth, he didn't deserve to die the way he did.
I guess the two co-pilots were okay as well, but they didn't get enough screen time to act like retards.

I might be wrong but if i remember right the medbay was really only on board to keep Weylan alive since he's so decrepit and in constant need of medical help. Everybody else was disposable.
Still doesn't explain the programming tho. Even if it was optimized for Weylan, you can safely assume that any kind of equipment like that comes with a preset convinient library of all possible operations off the factory, just like any kind of CTscanner today that you can find in a hospital was delivered with a factory software.

Only makes sense if Weylan had the thing reprogrammed for no other reason except being a spitefull dick.

Wasn't he in cryo-sleep? I assume because your body gets frozen you don't keep deteriorating. It would make sense if it was there for when he got out of cryo-sleep, but the special med-bay was in Weyland's daughter's module, and she had no idea he was on board.

Actually, what the fuck. If the special med bay was in the daughter's module, why was it programmed for a male anatomy? And if it was for Weyland, why did she have it and not know he was on board? How does someone write something this inconsistent.

Pickle surprise.

Wasn't he in a closed off/hidden part of her module together with two caretakers/bodyguards?
It's been to long since i watched the movie.

Ah, I guess that would explain it. Still strange that she doesn't think anything of carrying the med-bay in her module with no intention to use it.

As discussed in previous Prometheus threads, this would definately be a extremely good option as an offspring.

If there were aliens in prometheus, with the prometheus level of stupidity, then nobody would survive, not even Shaw.

Don't forget how Captain Nigger abandons his post to go muh dick the blonde woman (thank you kikes!) when there's two members of his crew stranded in the alien structure and they know there is something else alive in there with them.

Also, in the future, on a mission discovering the most important find in human history (ruins of an alien civilization) they somehow don't have enough storage space the record fucking everything, but especially the going ons of crewmen stuck in the alien ruins.

Why were they so willing to die for Captain Nigger? The guy gave up watching over two of his crew to fuck a nasty coalburner. How the fuck is that kind of guy inspiring such fanatical loyalty?

Also nobody can be bothered to make some fucking coffee and put on a movie while they stay up late to monitor the missing crew while they stay the night in the alien ruins full of dead shit which they know died violently.

There is no 3rd shift in space.

Also ancient alien flute based computer interfaces.

Time to go back to /r/4chan.

Shaw explicitly forbids them to take weapons on the first excursion.

Shaw was not in charge though.

One makes a childish argument about the existence of progenitor aliens invalidating the existence of gods.

Hence he is "Fedora" because he displays the rhetoric and style of argumentation typical of a 14 year old atheist.

The other(pretending to be some sort of very wishy washy pseudo-christian) makes a very predictable and equally assign comback.

It would have been interesting if say the Geologist(i'm a geologist) pointed out that there is no functional difference between alien introduction of life and the natural evolution of life. The result is the same anyway. And neither circumstances validates or invalidates the existence of supernatural phenomena. But don't expect that sort of argument from the kike writer, he's never heard of it nor could conceive of someone holding such a position.

The characters are written by liberals(jewy wood) and if you buy the hypothesis of Haidt(a liberal kike himself) liberals are incapable of accurately imitating a "conservative" viewpoint because they only hold values on two or three "moral axes" whites conservatives or at least conservative whites measure things based on 5 or more moral axes and can accurately imitate the attitudes responses of liberals under laboratory conditions. Have you ever wondered "why are all those who aren't in agreement with this liberal author's position depicted as strawmen?" Well it may be that he is incapable of conceptualizing his opposite number's thought processes even as an abstract in his mind. Hence "libtard" character whose dialogue, behaviors, and stated values are cliche.

Also I've been on Holla Forums since it was /new/. Would you like to see my nerve gas recipe? Totally legal in the US. pastebin.com/TGzmYw7E>>667066

That was a really neat idea.

Maybe if it was some sort of complicated security mechanism to make the accidental release of horrible death goo more difficult it would make sense. But the robot immediately makes it work. Imagine needing to whistle Yankee Doodle to start your computer.

Why'd they break the naming convention?
suddenly

A B C D…
4th
…W X Y Z

dreadcentral.com/news/217325/alien-covenant-2-script-already-written-shooting-2018/

I saw Alien in theatres, I'm fucking ancient, and you're simply wrong on that count. We loved it for suspense, not gore. The movie is not even that gory, although I admit that many people shrieked in terror when the chest-burster happened. I saw that thing in the theatre like 3 times, there was ALWAYS some guy in the audience screaming "oh holy shit WHAT".

Who is asking for this shit? Who is paying for it? I don't understand how this works. All the millions pushed into sequels, it's like with Adam Sandler, right? Shit films made intentionally shit and cheap so a select few can pocket the remains, right?

This. People forget how good the simple things in the movie were. I rewatched it 4 years ago and I still remember how the cryosleep awakening scene was. It was simply good. Every system on the ship was shown, the AI, the rooms, the bridge, the halls the crychamber. The camera play is just good. It keeps you there.
It just feels like one is real interpretation of cryosleep, while the other is some comic book tier bullshit.

I feel like Ridley is trying to destroy the franchise to save it from further assrape after he's gone.

archive.is/MTr6V
he is already writing a sequel to covenant m8

>>>/jojo/

so we all agree that we will watch this movie, but not by paying for a ticket, yes?

You set up a stream and post links here, I'll show up and watch it.

Why are you getting mad about a reaction image?

But it cuts to an interracial couple hugging right as he says "don't challenge my open mind". So not only are there niggers, there is also more hamfisted interracial shit that is completely unnecessary to the plot, just like the first film.

Why does it have to be an epic trilogy? Why not make one great film that's really satisfying to watch? If you want to make very long drawn out thing you're better of making a tv series, which funnily enough AC looks like visually.

Alien did it correctly by having one black dude and his dialogue not have any political message to it, Kotto and Stanton were my favorite aspect of the first movie.

It really helps that Kotto is a great actor and doesn't seem to be there just to fill out a quota. Stanton, Ian Holm… Even John Hurt who was in it the shortest was a great actor. Yet I think Kotto gave the most believable performance in Alien.

I also like him because he's one of those black Jews and claimed that he was a descendant of Queen Victoria and had a great grandfather named Alexander Bell who was a king in some region of Cameroon.

The perfect organism.

With pussy that good, could you blame him?