The Warriors Jailbreak Storytime

Can you dig it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabasis_(Xenophon)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Takes place some time after the movie ended.

Is it me or does she look different from the movie?

The Orphans were kinda bitches.

Out of all the looks you could have chosen you went with a mime. Fair enough I guess.

End of #1, on to #2

Were the Warriors meant to have an Indian tribe theme? Just making sure.

Must be weird to get your ass kicked through bars.

Oh, Ajax. You got hand cuffed to a bench because you were horny.

Were interracial gangs a thing in the late 70s?

I guess you could say Fox really got railed on that one.

Well, I guess the mental qualifications for the Baseball Furies are pretty low.

You ever wonder why some comic covers never depict what actually happens in the comic?

Isn't it kinda your own fault though?

Rembrandt isn't fucking black, what the fuck? Did the faggot artist even watch The Warriors?

I know gangs have a thing about loyalty but, really?

I think the hair threw him off. Don't they have different people who draw and color?

Yeah, The Warriorrs have a weird Native American theme going on. That's sort of their thing.

I think the hair threw him off. Don't they have different people who draw and color?

Depends, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. But still, you'd think if you were going to work on a property you'd want to watch the fucking film before you colored or drew. It's the same thing with Mercy, fucking Jesus, this shit's just flipped all sorts of races.

I don't remember the Rifts being solely black.

The Rifts were meant to be an all black gang, but they ran out of black extras and had to shove a couple whiteys in their group shots.

Was this really the best plan?

You closed the door before you said that. I don't think he heard you.

Last one.

How do the fires start on the inside?

So ends the tale of the mentally unbalanced gang member.

I heard that the executives wouldn't let them make any racially homogeneous gangs. That's why even the skinheads had a couple black members.

Back to Coney, land of the hotdog. Or am I thinking of something else?

"I here Swan."
That's still dodging the question.

The End. Feel free to discuss, it's like a fucking ghost town. Was it good, was it bad, something? Did a majority of Holla Forums never see this?

It was okay I guess, feels like a very 'nothing' comic. The Warriors didn't really need a continuation, and this feels kind of like it just sort of meanders around until they break Ajax out and that's that.

Also, as someone who greatly enjoyed both the film and the videogame, it was incredibly jarring to see the characters raceswapped for no fucking reason, it baffles me that nobody decided to bring that up before shit went to print.

Characters are fairly accurately portrayed outside of that I guess. Ajax continues to be the best warrior, but he's kind of hard to fuck up as a character. He didn't say faggot much though, he should say faggot more.

faggotfaggotfaggotfaggotfaggot

I rate it a 6/10.

Wait who the fuck they switch?

Rembrandt and Mercy are the furthest thing from black in the world if you've seen the movie. Rembrandt's white as fuck and Mercy's a guido.

Hes like Eric Andre black but I see what you mean

As for mercy…

She did not wear a bra.

never knew they made a comic of this.

What I dont get is why did mercy leave Swan? I mean she is a giant bitch but I didnt she would be that much of a bitch

Those are some top tier sad 80s tiddies.

This user summed it up well. I'm a fan of the movie and game but this comic feels like there's build up but no pay off. We see that two of the characters have a chance for a better future (even though Mercy's is less honorable) and yet they go climbing back into the hole they're trying to get out of. With Rembrant's parts I was thinking during the prison break out we were gonna see some of the new Warriors bail on him while the ones from the movie were the only ones that tried to help him when shit hit the fan. Overall like I said there was potential but none of it was reached.

Rembrants the only smart one remember the shit with the Lizzies he knew the chicks were packing

If you take a look at the wikia it says Rembrandt is Hispanic and Mercy is "good"? I'm serious look for yourself.

Don't make a chicken out of a feather. It's just a movie from 1979.

Rembrandt's pretty much the smart one, yeah. Originally the Lizzies were supposed to wipe Vermin out in that scene, but he was re-written to survive when they decided to kill off Fox instead because he quit the film because he hated Mercy's actor.

They totally did though. Swan mentioned him I think, when the Hi-Hats bop through their turf.

It's literally the whitest depiction of gang warfare ever. The only almost all black gang are The Riffs, who act more like Samurai than any Jigaboo packs I know.

The rest of the gangs are all white people, and mimes.

so why did they make the gangs have funny costumes again? Not complaining just curious.

What did Fox's actor do to piss off the director? It's said he's even not credited, apparently Fox was supposed to be Mercy's love interest then they changed it.

I'm not one hundred percent on it since it's been a while since I looked it up, but I think the reason everything's so over the top is because the original novel The Warriors was based on took place in like 1600s England or something, where gang warfare was an altogether different breed from what it is by the time the movie takes place. So it sort of takes those weird gimmick gangs and the emphasis on melee combat and transplants it from that setting into 'modern day' New York and adjusts the gangs accordingly. So you get weird shit like the Hi-hats and Baseball Furies 'bopping', instead of Jamal and his Crips cruising down the hood shootin' up liquor stores.

That went a long way to influencing the weird themes all of the gangs had. That and it's mostly just a sylistic choice. You could probably get some more solid reasoning than what I have here with a little research but it's been a long time since I've dug into it myself.

All I really know is that Fox's actor and Mercy's actor really didn't get along. Fox's actor up and quit so they shot his death with a double and wrote him out, guy was probably just a faggot or something.

Actually it was based on a 60's gang novel, that was based on a real campaign by some ancient Greek mercenaries who ended up on the losing side of a war on the wrong side of Persia and had to fight their way back. That whole thing of believing they're unbeatable if they can see the ocean was straight from the Greeks.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabasis_(Xenophon)

Ironically even if Rembrandt was the smartest warrior his actor died of AIDs in the late 80s

So wait the Riffs are still giving the Warriors shit? Like not even half the gang kicked all there asses in the movie and everyone is still mad over that.

Also what was the point of the baseball fury going all bitch mode again?

The Riffs are still giving Warriors shit because this is still gang warfare. Crews are suspicious/hateful of eachother no matter what. Blood and Crips could have a party one night then go back to killing eachother the very next day.

Add some type of tension of Ajax's situation?