Mom and Free Will

So my mom's a christian that believes in free will, and i doubt don't know if i should red pill her on the fact or not. She's said Christianity has helped her through her life and has resulted in a happier lifestyle. Although i find nothing wrong with religion ( i'm a agonist deist btw), it can help you get through life if used properly. I just don't know if i want to break that illusion free will my mom has.

What should i do Holla Forums?(NOT BE UNDERAGE)

Everyone has free will, nothing can stop you.
Punishment isn't hindering that.

Checkem

Kek. Utterly compelling argument, user.

If you're inclined to do something you can try to do it. If someone stops you that doesn't mean you didn't choose to do it.

fag

Choice =/= the FREEDOM to choose.

Anyway, I'd be happy to get into a more in-depth debate with you, but the keyboard on my tablet is being a motherfucking cunt.

nice cop out fag. u know u r wrong. nigger.

Alright, but I'll have to keep my responses succinct.

Varying deres of freedom doesn't make sense. You can have varying degrees of "difficulty of will", but freedom is an absolute.

Are y'all aware of the rules of Causality?

maybe

That wasn't OP

Sure it wasnt

That's what I'm ultimately referring to.

Not OP

Your point? We don't have absolute freedom, as we're under too many constraints to be absolutely free to make the choices we make. Every choice (every causal event) is predicated on a maelstrom of causal events that we have no control over.

That's some faggot nihilist shit, shifting the goalposts

also

this

How is that shifting the goalposts? And what does that have o do with nihilism?

Note: I'm not saying that we're not "resonsible" for our choices, in the sense that our corporeal material ultimately makes those choices; however, we are part of a larger whole which largely determines what those choices will be.

Let her alone. It is wise to let her live with something that helps her through life. Knowledge isn't for everyone, and that's ok. Ultimately it is better for her, and you as it won't strain your relationship. Be respectful of her, she's obvious raised you somewhat correctly for even considering that it may be disrespectful.

You know what else has no freedom? A slave. Do you feel like a slave?

Not exactly, because I can't predict the future.

Except a lot of people can. People do this by recognising patterns. Do you also know who can't recognise patterns?

STUPID PEOPLE

What difference does it make if you made the decision?
Are you an anarchist?

seeya gayboy

Speaking of moving the goalposts…

My point is that if my life is essentially determined, I don't feel like a slave, because I can't predict the outcome of every choice while having no ability to control it (the outcome). But this is merely semantics, as slavery is an abstract term.

We'll never be able to prove Free Will or Determinism, but I think Determinism is a more accurate way to examine how we span time.

i got a test for you
go kill yourself.

If I was less empathetic towards my loved ones and I suffered from morbid depresssion, I probably would.

why not? if you're dead you, you can't feel or experience anything. except for your edginess.

fuggg

The only reason you'd perceive my position as "edgy" is if you can't grasp it.

I think suicide is logical, in that the nature of life is predicated on suffering, but it's ingrained in my DNA to persevere and survive, and I love my family.

(Checked)

Quads don't lie, you have free will. Although OP apparently can't choose to not be a faggot.

Kek. See, OP has a choice, but his freedom to choose his faggotry is limited; thus, he is not FREE to not be a faggot at all. His faggotry was essentially determined.

wew lad(NO Holla Forums LOGO)

Maybe there aren't enough souls to go around, and some people, like OP, lost the metaphysical lottery so he actually doesn't have free will and is just a walking meat robot, programmed to respond to stimuli in predictable ways, most of which involves sucking cock

Guys, we have to take into account the possibility OP comes from a place were they have a different idea of what free will is, or free will is the closest idea to an idea OP's people have.

Throw that paper put make make one with the Holla Forums logo.

So petty

So is this going to get fixed?

Yeah

i hope

Tell her to become a Thelemite

HEY MODS CAN YOU BAN ME I'M TWELVE
fucking cucks won't ban me

Let's praise Him with joyous song!
"Open your bowels for Jesus,
Open your bowels for Jesus;
As you dwell in His Word,
You'll be undeterred
To open your bowels for Jesus."
Praise him with many motions!

Have you tried seeking Jesus Christ with all your heart instead of asking a bunch of people on the internet?

The programmer has defined the end from the beginning. Realities have been created and any one can be entered to. No love can exist if free will does not exist.

she can't help it
neither can you
or you are just full of shit :^)

post CP if you want to be banned retard

Ask again when you graduate highschool.

Whatever is destined to happen, will happen.

Free will is just a meme