MOVEMENT MONDAY

This sounds like the work of THE MOVEMENT. or better known as "Gail Simone doesn't understand Amish culture and is a complete hack".

Get over here cissexist white males and get woke to THE MOVEMENT's fight for justice! By being complete idiots who are unintentionally wrong all of the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OJi4bln-hHQ
comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/interview-gail-simone-talks-about-the-politics-of-/1100-146356/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You know..folks wondered how Liefeld can still have a job but I'm really wondering, how does Gail Simone can still has a job?

where's the rainman killer when you need him

Are they supposed to be the good guys?

NO!
NO ONE ELSE SHOULD HAVE TO READ THIS
NOT EVEN THE SHITPOSTERS

Also is that a reference to Guy Fawkes masks?
In [current year] ?

Sorry about the delay. Whoever scanned this garbage in made it so you could literally print posters out the pages.

In Coral City, located in the beautiful state of Coral City, an evil white corrupt cop tries to molest a some poor girl, who may or may not be a prostitute. Officer Minority, his partner, thinks that the kids aren't all that bad and should be let off with only a warning, despite being in clear possession of drugs and may be dealing drugs to the community.

However, out from the shadows comes Anonymous THE MOVEMENT… maybe. I don't know, they never make the masked guys identities very clear and they kinda disappear toward the end of the run.

Meanwhile, back at the cop shop, we're introduced to the third best character in this heap, Captain Black Dynamite. He is upset by his men's shenanigans but can't do anything because of the unions.

Shush, you're spoiling it.

Wait. How did the cops get out of that situation without someone getting shot?

Here we're introduced to, in my opinion, the best character in THE MOVEMENT, Burden.

Anyway, rats keep eating the bodies, Burden goes Linda Blaire, and THE MOVEMENT declares war on somebody for no discernible reason.

I think Gail Simone masturbates to Mouse, Prince of Rats. He just looks like something a middle aged mom like her would dream up.

Pretty racist smh tbh fam

Captain Black Dynamite is getting cuck'd by his wife and his reaction toward this dangerous group of vigilantes who actively impede the law is completely justified.

This book is fucking prophetic.

Mouse looks like the lovechild of Edward and Jacob from twilight, yet somehow shittier than both.

Gail, why do you continue to live?

poor writing

WHY

How can Simone expect people to take her book even halfway seriously when that fucking tank of a cop gets beaten bloody by a tiny-ass girl? She doesn't even have a scratch on her!

I don't know why whoever scanned this shit needed every page to be 26 x 40. Maybe they were going to print posters of every single page, hang them up in a room, and then lock someone in that room to drive them insane.

THE MOVEMENT Takes White Cop and Officer Minority Hostage and take them to their homeless shelter/ lair. For some fucking reason Coral City, in the economically viable state of Coral City, closed all their homeless shelters. Also, their lair is called the Sweatshop, because Simone really, really needed to work in a reference to the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire of 1911.

It is now that White Cop reveals himself as the second best character of this trash, making some incredibly reasonable and hard to dismiss points about how THE MOVEMENT are fucking idiotic assholes.

She's a woman and she happens to be the one who started the whole 'women in fridges' shit. She can just play the sexism card if she isn't hired or she's fired.

Fruit snacks, Ratto losing his mind, and Burden his hilarious.

I don't know how invested Willams was in this, but I appreciate that he keeps giving Katharsis giant cans.

Rainmaker is such a stereotypical magical native american that it's downright racist.

Gail Simone, you're racist.

I think the worst part about this comic is that there's isn't just a handful of bad things. The entire comic is uniformly terrible.

It's lunacy worthy of Deviant Art.

I don't know how much of this I can take

C'mon user, there are only 9 more issues after this. You can handle it, right? Right?

Anyway, Mr. Cannon, kingpin of crime or shit in Coral City, in the sunshiney state of Coral City, has cops kick Katharsis's shit in and says she's probably an illegal. Eisner Award Winning writing right here.

Magical native is angry for something. Maybe they trespassed on her sacred land.

From all I hear, the police union thing isn't far from the truth at all, at least. One of the only unions that the government won't try to destroy.

Magical native is really intent on killing them and Burden's observations on the situation only further make him my favorite.

Meanwhile, in another part of the city completely unaffected by some native chick causing a storm, we meet the Cornea Killer, or as I call him, Eyeball Eddie.

Thread Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=OJi4bln-hHQ

After Officer Whitt of the Coral City Police Department makes a really good point about how he and Officer Minority are being unlawfully held, we get a full two pages of non-stop cringe.

Apparently Magical Navajo thought they were "from The Man", which means we now have a new complete idiot in this book.

From Storm Squaw, they learn that Cannon want's to go Delta City on Coral City, in the gorgeous state of Coral City. Meanwhile, Officer Ching Chong gets mad that they're holding a known vigilante and Katharsis gets the tar beaten out of her by Mr. Cannon for some reason.

Nothing in these last three pages makes a fuck of sense and Captain Black Dynamite should tell her to fuck off.

user, this whole comic is just a delusional sjw trying to get signalling points with her peers

Ah, the ol' messenger rat routine.

Well, that was retarded. I mean, not quite Mark Millar bad, but fucking retarded.

I don't know if I'll bother with more of this, but I never understand why there are so few super powered cop characters. Figured if there are this many stupid powers going around, there would be a few people who worked in law enforcement.

If a group of people trashed a city's police headquarters down, wouldn't that be fair game for martial law in that city?

Issue #4, or, "The issue where Gail gives everyone embarrassing backstories"

For example, as THE MOVEMENT causes a city-wide riot, we learn that Rattilla was a poor little rich kid.

Katharsis was a psychopathic Thai police woman with an amazing ass.

Mouse rides a wave of rats into the station and I feel like I need to take a shower.

Looks like earthquake girl is a turn-coat street-shitter. Gotta shoe horn in Amanda Waller somehow.

We get the first instance of Gail Simone not knowing shit about Amish culture. Burden is from the Pennsylvania Dutch, but from the looks of things, it's more that he's from the "Stereotypical Backwards Christian" sect.

Appropriate name.

Better get used to Simone's bizarre Christian stereotypes because we're going to be seeing a lot of them in future issues.

Captain Black Dynamite is not only cucked by his wife, but is cucked in the sense he let his station house get over-run by idiot kids and just gave into all of their demands.

bowel movement?

Just like Black Lives Matter, I have no idea what THE MOVEMENT wants or their motivations at all.

is she aware of how they look like terrorists?

Issue #5 opens with some vague evil board meeting headed by Mr. Cannon.

Meanwhile, Gail Simone lets slip just how big of a fat fuck she is by having characters meet at a place that specializes in donuts and milkshakes.

Here is Officer Joseph Whitt, recipient of four commendations for bravery who risked his life to save a child from a burning car. A proud officer of the law who remains humble despite all of his acts of courage, and he chooses to remain silent. Officer Joseph Whitt understands that this trial is a farce and will not honor it by entering a plea.

Officer Minority just gives credence to this miscarriage of justice and this disgusting example of mob rule. He pleads guilty to this mockery of a court and subverts the very law he vowed to uphold.

I swear, this book is making me racist.

officer Whitt is one of the few good characters this book has

Aww, Ratty thinks people will love someone that wallows in rodent feces.

Officer Whitt knows whats up. He is completely correct to assume that they're going to execute them regardless. Officer Minority is going to get them both killed if he doesn't wise up.

Also, more bizarre religious inserts. There's been at least one in every issue so far.

The cripple reveals her poorly defined powers while Ratboy the Rodent Wonder fights Eyeball Eddie. I genuinely wonder why she would consider Officer Whitt bad when they had imprisoned him and were going to kill him for minor sexual assault.

Anyway, earthquake turn-coat shit-streeter helps the cops escape getting murdered and promptly quits THE MOVEMENT, in the smartest move out of anybody in this book.

Eyeball Eddie does his best Mr. Drink impression.

I have to say, Gail Simone is really bad at naming conventions.

For fuck's sake.

Moments like this I want far right wing artists in comics to at least have a balance.

They did try to balance it out with the Green Team, but that book was standard fare and ultimately mediocre.Someone should really storytime it too.

The fuck?

They can't even be sutile.

maybe it's the 90s kid in me but that sounds like it has high potential

But the far right hates "nerd things" like comics. That's why Fox News has that one lady who doesn't know what Star Wars is and is angry about Pokemon Go.

Now that sounds hillarious.

So, we are dammed, right? at least any writer who isn't a stupid commie.

I'm rather leftist if I tell the truth, but people like this makes me want to shave my head and heil Hittler all day.

BITCH FIGHT

Issue six opens with heroes fighting because it wouldn't be DC without heroes fighting.

And yes, Burden, your observation is correct. You are in hell.

I consider the Green Team even worse than THE MOVEMENT. THE MOVEMENT is terrible, but the Green Team is fucking boring. The characters spend most of their time looking at their phones and their most Joe Simon-esq idea, a car that runs on the internet, was just a straight lift of a car that some students built that manages power based on likes.

Politics be damned, all I want are good comics. THE MOVEMENT and The Green Team aren't bad ideas, but holy fuck are they both awful They waste whatever potential they might've had.

Apparently, getting milkshakes solves everything. Gail Simone you fat fucking hag.

Meanwhile, Officer Joseph Whitt completes his escape. His highly trained investigative mind makes note of every landmark. He will not allow these criminals, these flagrant abusers of the law, go without justice.

Rat-boy fights the Reject Regime. They seem to think they're heroes, even though it's clear to everyone they're a villain team.

Meanwhile, back at the shit-shack, they're going to perform an exorcism, I guess. I'm finding all of these poorly thought out religious references very weird. Almost as weird as a bible that's the King James Edition.

Also MEMES. Gail Simone you fat OLD fucking hag.

CRIIIIINGE

We close this issue with some good news and some bad news.

Bad news, Eyeball Eddie is Mr. Cannon's son.

Good news, Mouse got his shit kicked in.

You know, seeing this shit makes me want to read about a superhero who is a cop and solve crimes.

We need a lot more moderate writers, but those seem to be less and less everyday.

Exactly. At least people who won't strawman you until boredom.

Can't have that in ye current year may may, they can only be written like they are closeted KKK members.

I just want a cop with superpowers who had been training those superpowers for all his life deal with a bunch of edgy teen faggots who got their powers by chance and were vigilante cunts knowing shit about what they were doing.

Write it. Sounds like a cool story if done right.

I can't stop laughing, I'm going to drown in my own spit at this rate. A burlap fucking sack. Hot damn.

If only I knew more english and had some friend who knew how to draw helping me…

What's Balrog doing there

Issue seven opens with Eyeball Eddie having a chat with his daddy. I kinda feel for Eddie, he just wants to help his dad by doing what he enjoys.

Also, Katharsis has a thing.

The Cripple has muscular dystrophy, a recovering substance abuser, and Burden is having trouble with his "sexytime feelings". We're ramping up folks. Gail's gotta quota she needs to fill.

Meanwhile, The Graveyard Goulies look like they're out of a Scooby Doo episode.

Nobody wants your fucking off-brand fruitroll-ups, cripple.

Now the minority cop is going to beat super evil cop?

fuuuuuck this shit. They SHOULD just run over the place and crack some skulls.

Fucking Shadow Government now? Jesus, Gail, you can't just drop that kind of shit in the middle of a fucking story.

At least the cripple got blasted.

I'm seriously having a seizure seeing those superhero stories trying to 'touch real life subjects' and then just spits propaganda.

Thanks OP, I'm loving this hate burning in my belly.

So cripple tells Burden that the exorcism was a lie.

This results in Burden BECOMING A FUCKING LOVECRAFT MONSTER.

Holy fuck you MOVEMENT people are awful. You said you were going to help him and here you let him transform into something with fucking belly tentacles.

Picking up his fight money.

There's no such thing as bad tactics. Only bad targets. ;^)

She is a "fangirl turned author", which to be fair, is most of current writers, but she still maintains her fangirl-isms strong as she goes forward in her career, instead of growing out of it with only occassional moments of weakness where they let their favoritism shine through. As such, she is popular with other fanboys and fangirls that like her fanfiction tier characters developments.

It's like if a random tumblr SU fangirl got a job at CN and just made all the queer subtext in SU into actual text, they love it, regardless of quality.

Correction, you were a fucking cop. You left when you decided how things really were and decided to be come a dime store punisher ripoff. You are literally worse then the guys you were about to kill for the fact of just how big a fucking hypocrite you are.

I thought this would be a cool idea, like Barney Miller meets Superman or something along those lines.

The big issue with the Movement to be honest is that it's got a bunch of potentially interesting ideas that are then done really poorly with no subtlety or consistency.

Like the idea of a group of anti-establishment super-heros who thanks to their radical politics end up fighting the police as often as they fight actual criminals is pretty interesting… If it weren't for the fact that the cops are written as obviously evil and any criticism of the Movement for their actions (see 90% of what Officer Whitt says) is outright ignored because there isn't actually an answer since that would mena admitting the movement aren't perfect.

Or look at how the Graveyard faction openly identify themselves as cops despite being a walking PR nightmare given that everything about them screams "we are unquestionably the bad guys" to the point where you wonder why exactly the "shadow government" didn't just call in a SWAT team instead since it'd be magnitudes more subtle and wouldn't run as much risk of making Coral City PD look ludicrously evil.

I think the worst example though is probably Burden. Guy claims to be possessed by Satan and nearly slaughters a church full of innocents before the Movement/Police stop him. The Movement then refuse to hand him over to the police on the basis they claim he is mentally ill rather than a criminal (they have no evidence of his mental health however or that he isn't literally possessed). They then proceed to keep him around as muscle and make no real effort to work through his issues except for one half-arsed exorcism that they then reveal to be fake the moment they need his help again. They consistently show no regard to the poor sods sanity and only even bother to learn his name 6 issues in, meaning they were perfectly willing to have him run about unsupervised in a police station in the middle of a riot despite him potentially snapping at any moment and killing everyone he could get his hands on but didn't once care enough about him to actually get to know him at even the most superficial level. The poor fucker gets treated like a weapon, has his trust betrayed and everything he experiences reinforces his beliefs of him being a ravening hell-beast surounded by other monsters yet this never has any adverse effects.

I was thinking more like Dirty Harry has Superman's powers and has to deal with multicultural gangs of teen cunts.

Makes somewhat sense given the SJW aesthetic; burden is literally the White Man's Burden; white men with broken brains are tools to them, as long as they can be controlled to the barest extent and any shit they pull is excused as long as they fly the right colours.

Though that'd kinda run into Superman's deal in that he does and can exercise the minimum necessary force in subduing people.

You're going to be in for such a surprise when we get to Burden's issue.

Now I'm scared. Can it get any worse?

Anyone got an archived copy of the original thread? Not knocking your thread, OP, it's great. It's just I'm on a roll revisiting old glories.

That's the most frustrating part about the book. Why have criticisms about your characters if you don't want to address them?

Man, I just have to comment because that is pretty fucked up what she did. Not only is the cripples character annoying (I CAN *FEEEEEEL* MY MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY and fruitsnacks are her only traits) but she just fucked up that one kid for no reason. There could have been a few ways for her to get Burned back in the fight but no she just stripped all hope he had from the placebo exorcism just so he could fix her fuckup by hulking out into a Demogorgon or whatever.

This entire comic is fucked though OP and I hate you for bringing this to light.

WE'RE NOT DONE YET. WE'RE GOING TO BE IN THIS HELL FOR KEEPS.

Issue eight opens with the best character so far, Officer Joseph Dewitt, rallying his fellow officers to take on THE MOVEMENT menace. Officer Asian tries to stop him, but look at Officer Joseph Dewitt's face. He's begging him not to do this, not to force his hand, for Officer Asian to just walk away. Officer Asian refuses to step aside, netting him a fist full of justice to the face.

Meanwhile, back at THE MOVEMENT 's lair, Cripple still complete fails to comprehend the horror she has unleashed and what she has done to the poor, innocent Burden.

That was once a man. She turned him into a monster. She turned him into a monster and IS GLAD ABOUT IT.

I know there's a lot going on in these pages, from the utter and complete terror that Burden has become to Gail Simone desperately trying to portray that Officer Dewitt is wrong by having minorities stand against him, but I think the most important thing that we need take from these pages is this:

Virtue and Rainmaker are lesbians with each other, and apparently had a fancy dinner date despite being teenagers.

I like to imagine Simone writing that little scene and leaning back with a satisfied smile on her face, feeling that she had just struck a mighty blow for the gay community.

All of the dialogue on these pages is retarded.

I want to note that I would read a book about the Graveyard Goolies. They're more of a team than THE MOVEMENT, have a more of a purpose than THE MOVEMENT, and even when the cave is collapsing on them THEY NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND.

That line literally made me sick to read. If you ever wanted to convince someone that the comics industry is a big joke, show them that line and tell them the person who wrote it is still working and has job security.

Also, Virtue is the worst Mary Sue I've read in awhile.

It should be noted thow much they've made his condition WORSE throughout the comic, at the start here when he gets weird he's still human he's just floating and can Exorcist his head around, with some minor Hand Claws going on. Once they pick him up he starts getting a lot worse, with his skin starting to melt off and having him even adopt the weird symbol on the clothes they gave him as a mark of Satan as seen when he really loses it now.
Of course he's more useful this way, and props to the head nigger for trying to actually FIX him but leaving him behind with a fucking manipulative cunt in a wheel chair that deserves to be thrown down the germonian steps for making him explode into a Todd McFarlane monstrosity that Spawn would have to put down kind of takes away the brownie points.

Look at that policeman's face, even when beaten up he was begging his patner to stop being a faggot and at least just go away. If it wasn't for the text books that picture would be a great reaction picture.

Officer Jospeh Dewitt, recieptent of four commendations for bravery, a proud symbol of law and order in Coral City, in the beautiful state of Coral City, has been fired from the Coral City Police Department. This is how Detroit became a shit-hole people.

Meanwhile, The Movement tells each other a bunch of complete hogwash on a roof-top somewhere and I really, really wish Gail Simone was dead right about now.

Let me tell you something. We have four more issues of this abomination.

And shit is about to get far, far worse.

The egotism is staggering.

This is so much bullshit.

Also, is the stare really called Coral City? aren't you joking?

Pic related.

What do you expect from milenials who think that heroes are just celebrities with superpowers?

See the first page

For fuck's sake. This can't be real, tell me this isn't real.

So instead of actually proving Officer Whitt was wrong, Simone just has him fired. Smugly, like it proves something.

Comics like these tell you a lot about their authors.

Don't you know user? you don't need proofs or arguments to get rid of the people you don't like, you just abuse the system in your favor to bully them out.

That's the american way!

You know I really am surprised at just how easily the fucking captain rolls over, considering DUH MOVEMENT incited a Riot and trashed the police station and captured two cops who weren't returned officially by the group but were just let loose by someone other than their leader.

But you know the writing staff already decided who's right and wrong so now we just get to watch our quirky group accomplish… something?

So now the Movement are apparently superheros, not because they have super powers and dress up in goofy costumes but because they saved some people who were in danger (because the Movement decided to use a little underground shanty-town as their base) and looked after a troubled guy (so they could use his powers against anyone they didn't like and who they've actually been treating pretty shitty given that they know he has massive fucking issues).

The worst thing is that the Movement never properly get called out on their shit. Whitt has a few minor criticisms that get ignored but no-one ever gets to properly point out how bad they actually are.

Over the course of 8 issues what have they actually accomplished? They started a riot which was then immediatly forgotten, kiddnapped a couple of police officers (who they then let go because they couldn't decide on why they actually wanted them), kicked the cops out of their local neighbourhood, and found Virtue a girlfriend. They're still no closer to catching the serial killer from the first issue or on helping work Burden through his issues (which at this point should probably have transformed the lad into being just as bad as the killer given how little reason Burden has to believe that the people he's with or he himself are good and not just a gang of violent criminals who resort to violence to settle 90% of disputes).

And no, the stuff here about the Movement inspiring copycat groups doesn't count since it's never brought up again, as will become blatantly obvious in the next issue when Batgirl doesn't recognise at all the people, masks or tactics of the group who a few nights ago were apparently making international news and inspiring groups in places around the world including Gotham.

what's so terrible about it

Well, I guess its just stupid. Still is really really stupid.

So in which sense, cutting the rights hands off of prisoners, killing the shit out of the celts or getting backstabbed by a close follower and becoming the symbol for a hereditary tyranny?

Might I remind everyone that Mr. Black chief of police was cucked by Yee but is totally fine with it. Here "Virtue" just flat out tells with the sympathy a wasp would find unnerving, but apparently all it takes to rekindle a freindship after sleeping with the other guys wife is a solid punch and some donuts . How can Yee possible hold the high ground after going around the back of his boss, THE CHIEF OF POLICE, and still think he's the good guy?

But silly me, it will never be brought up again

I'm detecting a pattern here where people resolve their problems with food. So how many hundreds do we need to describe Gail's weight?

You tell me.

Looks like 2many

Ah ha. Ah ha ha HA. AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

So not only does Gail feel the need to write about her abysmal teen team, but she needs to include her shitty Batgirl in it just to round out the suck.

I don't care how good rebirth is. Gail Simone is still working for DC and that's enough to necessitate the entire thing burning to the ground.

Mouse is probably the most disgusting character in comics. Every aspect about him repulses me, from his retardation, to his rat powers, to his pale chiseled abs. He is completely revolting.

S-E-X maniacs is about right Burden. Nice to see you're still ok and not totally insane after turning into some eldritchian creature from when earth was ruled by the Old Ones.

THE MOVEMENT becomes aware that Batgirl is in the city. Gail Simone's Batgirl was fucking wretched, so with her inclusion, THE MOVEMENT is going to get impossibly worse.

Wait! The author is a WOMAN!?

Sadly I don't have surprise reaction pictures in my folder right now.

Oh yes. That beautiful run.

MORE FUCKING WORDS THAN A TEXT-BOOK.

Also

MORE PROBLEMS SOLVED WITH FOOD.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, Gail.

Man winged hitgirl is kind of a bitch

You wonder this while people on halfchan and this Holla Forums still defend her as being "not that bad." I've seen people defend her in the current year, not even 2015 or 2014.

Gotta reference those other comics, Gail.

Best idea ever: knock-out Batgirl, unmask her, then use her secret identity as black-mail to get her to fuck-off.

Brilliant. Sheer Brilliance.

You couldn't handle shitting into the toilet bowl Virtue, has the Movement done a single thing that wasn't a total fuck up?

She still managed to work a food reference in there.

Ok, they went against the batfamily.

And I guess they won't have their asses imprisonned in the dirtiest corner of Arkham? This would be the first time Batman would leave unpunished someone touching his people?

Glad to see Gail's been given permission to make those terrible fanfics where the ocs show their chops by beating up the canon characters actually canonical.

To be honest, Batman doesn't give much crap about Batgirl.

Well, not so much about him giving a crap but as part of brand protection.

I really, really hate that they made The Killing Joke canon.

Brown bitch shouldn't say a thing. Is a shame Batgirl wouldn't beat all of them and then give them to the police to imprison this dangerous criminals.

Batgirl kicks the shit out of THE MOVEMENT. Once she calms down, this results in no repercussions what-so-ever.

Katharsis finds Flame Nigger and The Graveyard Goulies exit the title. They don't go to jail, they just quit.

Holy fuck Katharsis is easy. She just meets the nigger and she's already knocking boots with him.

Guess Gail needed to get her rocks off.

I was kind of thinking more along the lines of a cop who wants to stick to the letter of the law as close as he can and fix the system from the inside.

Oh, now it's totally cool for Virtue to rely on the police for law enforcement, and it's now not cool to kill cops.

GODDAMMIT GAIL, GIVE ME SOME FUCKING CONSISTENCY HERE.

And of course she doesn't bind them and give them to the police even if they donkey punched her and tried to unmask her.

Seriously, I don't want to be a misoginist or anything like that, but women nor faggots know shit how to write superheroes, not even women or faggot superheroes.

That could work too, but I like the cynical cop kind of character, and I want one having superhero powers not using them frequently just because they might be incredibly dangerous if used wrong.

I don't even know what's going on anymore. Apparently Katharsis is big into execution and Flame Nigger is cool with it, despite only meeting less than an hour ago? Has Katharsis done this before? Does THE MOVEMENT condone capital punishment? But now it's cool to totally rely on the cops?

All I do know is that Batgirl has finally fucked off and I only have two issues more to story-time.

And there is no more of this shit, right? this thing was canceled, I'm confident.

Oh man, here we go, the Burden comic.

Get ready for stupid as fucking Mathew Hopkins arrives in Coral City on a bus.

Now I'm really scared.

Ohh… shit.

The burden is some christian family kind of burden or some shit like that, right? They are going to make a cheap, reddit tier, criticism about the christian family or some shit because they don't like people to be happy and transforming into a monster is some sort of analogy of masturbation, right?

I am a fedora tipper and even I get disgusted by this cheap kind of storytelling.

Strange. Burden's flashback doesn't suggest he was Amish. >>661492

Unless this mother fucker becomes Father Anderson from Hellsing I don't give a shit about him….

I MISSED THE LESBIANS. HOW COULD'VE I LET THAT HAPPEN. I'm so tired, I want to rest.

So after they make out (because Gail loves to make characters gay and crap), we learn that the fucking Amish apparently cast out demons and believe in violent punishments despite being pacifists. Oh and apparently there's a marriage defect in the colony because I see no beards and married men must grow beards in Amish communities.

I guess Gail really, really wanted this sort of cliche story despite no real Christian denomination really lining up for it, especially not the fucking AMISH.

Be beated the crap out of the punk bitch.

I like this guy.

If there's one group I expect to be human melting pots of absolute rage, it's the simple Amish.

And don't get me started on Buddhist Monks. Talk about a group of people that need Anger Management…

Not like our peaceful muslims. Why can those shitlords become muslims like all those peaceful refugees? Islam is the religion of peace, you know!

Not to mention they CAN'T bring him back to the community. If someone leaves they've left, end of story, I mean, she could've learned this by looking up rumspringer.

Or, you know, learning jack shit about their theology.

>I wasn't wearing my wings
YOUR WINGS DON'T HAVE FEATHERS YOU STUPID BITCH

Do you think they care about their own story consistency?

Ey OP, why are you taking so long?

We are waiting to see this plane to crash.

If these two really were instruments of the war between the angels and demons, this book could've been mildly interesting.

Y'know when Burden claimed the… aura seer's? Father was in Hell, never addressed in this fucking series, just, might as well have never happened. A fair plot point, just gone, because Simone wanted the Amish to be crazy violent cultists rather than pacifists.

Could've been this whole thing where the demon pretended to be harmed by the 'exorcism' and then thanking the moth girl for making Christopher finally give in to him.

Then when his brother comes, who is a Catholic priest or some denomination that actually DOES exorcisms, and genuinely exorcises Christopher the Movement are forced to face the fact that they did way more harm than good.

And then, I dunno, maybe address their own incompetence? Maybe learn from to examine their OWN prejudices?

Start trying to identify good cops and encourage civilized behavior rather than an outright ban on peace officers and leaving an entire community's security to 6 people.

I kind of thought the same thing, but he still uses them in secret if the situation calls for it. But once the situations gets out of hand, he has a badass moment of telling the criminals this is the last time they can give up or he will unleash his powers.

RIP OP, killed by an angry mob of amish

Well, maybe not in secret, but under some regulations because he is a cop who plays by the book. He would just use his powers when the superpowered criminals start arming havock, like what a sniper do when he has a clear shot of a terrorist in a hostage situation.

Damn amish and their butter.

Great Ceaser's Ghost, is this an Amish Colony or a scene out of some seventies exploitation movie about the Salem Witch Trails? There are so many things wrong here I don't even know where to start.

Look at their father in the flash-backs. Where the fuck is his beard? Why are they listening to their clearly crazy son? Why wouldn't you beat the shit out of your kid for calling his newborn brother Satan shit?

Or even calling your saint of a mother the recipient of satan's child. Only that should give him a hell of a beating.

Gail, you have absolutely no talent for commentary. None.

The only good ending in this shitfest is if everyone died horribly for some bullshit disease. But of course nice things won't happen.

At this point I'd be more shocked to see angels in comics be depicted as unambiguously good

I don't dislike 'evil' angels, but I would also like to see caring good angels caring about people, like the angel of Tekken tag team.

It's even worse that Burden transforms into literal Satan instead of the lovecraft monster he did before.

I guess because he didn't lost totally his mind or some bullshit?

Anyway, do this hack of a writer still have a job? It is obvious she knows shit about writing, and not just because the obvious propaganda.

Now for the reveal you've all been waiting for. The reveal that you've endured eleven issues for:

BURDEN IS GAY

Yes. Gail Simone does indeed keep getting work.

She recently wrote a comic for Kondasha's "Attack On Titan Anthology". I cannot tell you how disgusted I am about that.

Goddammit Simone.

See here's the kicker, the big reveal of Burdens powers not being infernal but merely due to self perception shaping his image actually means that from this point on, having Burden go all Satan on someone is fine since he now understands that it's not him giving into the forces of darkness but merely him using an ability he has. But this is only figured out just now (meaning the Movement honestly had no clue how his powers worked back when they were siccing him on Rain Lesbian or the Edglord Factoin) and he still seems more willing towards ultra-violence when in Satan mode- hence him burning his brother. How exactly Virtue worked out that the brothers forms were based on how they percieved themselves is anyones guess though since that implies that their normal forms (sans wings/demon traits) are also a byproduct of their transformative abilities (which also means that Angel Man being burned is only going to last until he decides to "miraculously" recover).

Also there is no way Virtue could tell Angel Man is lying unless she could see through the fourth wall into the flashback, simply being able to tell how someone feels at any one moment in time doesn't let you know if they are telling the truth. Then again on further consideration her real powers are that she's a walking plot device, so far we've seen her able to sense emotions, transplant emotions from one host to another (and amplify them to the point of completely disabling someone with them), detect people being cuckholded and give names, detect lies, pull a Batman disappearing act and figure out how other super powers work with barely any context. I get the feeling that Simone really wasn't that bothered with keeping things logically consistent when it came to what the Movement could do.

Of course. Homosexuality related to demons in a christian criticism story. Very suttle.

I didn't saw anything about Attack on Titan in a pair of years, but still, even if it is shitty, doesn't deserve this kind of shit.

Comics are dead.

The last issue. Soon my mission will be over.

Like the lesbian bitch she is, Virtue can't stand not being near wet tacos all the time, so she works at a Mexican joint. As she takes her break, Cuck Black Dynamite appears so Gail can tell us all the shit she had planned and wasn't able to do because her series got canned. Apparently, she thought THE MOVEMENT was Justice League material.

Also, Virtue says her great grandma was burned for voodoo, which is ridiculous for a myriad of reasons.

oh god shes gonna pair burden with El Rato isn't she

wait this shit is still going on? I thought it got cancelled eventually?

Since Earth-quake shit-streeter is waay out of Rattatoie's league, Gail shoves him with some frumpy Velma look-a-like who works at a pet store. I know people who work at pet stores. They constantly look like they want to die.

Time to wrap up the Eyeball Eddie subplot. Mr. Cannon asks for THE MOVEMENT's help in stopping his son, Eyeball Eddie, after he points out that all those crazy MOVEMENT niggers know is wanton violence.

My thought was that he had the ability to stop time (like his own version of ZA WARUDO!!!!) so he stops situations with no one the wiser, but like I said he has a personal code of conduct, only use it under extreme circumstances and anything less can be handled by the police because he know just how dangerous his powers are.

The comic could deal with his naivety being shattered by having to come to grips with the fact that there are crooked cops, as well as citizens who hate cops and some that would try and kill them for no reason.

THE MOVEMENT literally gets their shit kicked in by Eyeball Eddie.

This is a good thing.

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

as a christian, the fact that this is now the norm in lots of comics drives me up the fucking wall. It adds nothing new and only serves to be ultra edgy and some half assed commentary on religion that we have all seen a billion times before.

Thats what fallen angels are and I would personally like to see a plain distinction between the two.

AND THE DAY WAS SAVED BY FORMER CORAL CITY POLICE OFFICER JOSEPH WHITT.
Sometimes when the law fails, a man must make his own law. Remember that, Holla Forums.

This, the final issue of THE MOVEMENT ends with them being as arrogant as they always are, believing that The Justice League will have to change for them, and the last shot is them laughing and smiling together as a team. Laughing and smiling as just a few feet behind them a father mourns the loss of his beloved son. Bunch of cunts.

Don't you mean hooks Ratto up with TEENAGE GAIL SIMONE?

I can't even.

This is all awful I'm glad I only read the first issue and parts of this last one

Are you happy now that your dark deed is done, OP? Will this appease you for another thousand years?

And finally we come to a close with the Movement having done so little the three main antagonists need to hand them their victory on a plate for them to succeed.

Also I think the whole Justice League angle just shows how poorly Simone had thought out what she was writing. The whole point of the Movement was that they weren't regular capes, they were actually fairly subversive, taking a radically different approach to their roles than most of the Justice League do, hence why the only criminal they ever actually manage to subdue gets laid first and Burdens brother nabs him while he's helping out in a soup kitchen. Really the Movement should have viewed the Justice League as a bigger, more powerful version of the Graveyard faction with a better grasp of PR, people working for "the Man" (/the Bourgeosie though that would require someone in the Movement having read something which would imply they had some form of coherant and thus potentially criticisable ideology) and only really interested in maintaining an unfair status quo (which I'd say was the Movements main issue with the CCPD but again we're never given enough detail to actually pin it down).

It's kind of sad really because there are so many ways the Movement could have been made interesting but instead we get a bland group of 2D characters supporting a equally uninteresting Mary Sue while the only interesting characters (the cops, the bussinessman and the serial killer) get shoehorned into minor roles and are never given any room to expand their characterisation beyond "Evil", "Insane and Evil" and (in the case of Captain Cuckhold and Officer Wife-Fucker "Generic Good Cop".

Ah well, at least it's not Kate Leths Hellcat I guess.

In my efforts to understand what the fuck I just read, I found a Comicvine interview with Simone. Let's see what she has to say.

comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/interview-gail-simone-talks-about-the-politics-of-/1100-146356/

As you can probably guess, Simone is really great at LYING OUT HER ASS. I don't think any DCU lore showed up in this book apart from Batgirl.

Found another one.

There are elements of all the social movements in recent years in the book, because that's the world we live in, and it's about time some of that showed up in the DCU.

Simone is the reason why I don't trust interviews.

After reading this fucking mess of a book, I can sum up both interviews rather nicely: I wanted to write for Birds Of Prey again, but DC said no, so I made my own BOP book with half baked social justice elements and infantile characters. DC approved it, the idiots.

I only sorta read the first issue… I didn't even think this was in the DCU. I thought it was just a separate book in the "liberal edgy" category.

I mean, if this is in the DCU, and it's just a proactive team of heroes that does whatever they want outside the law… aren't they just a shitty Authority?

I just wanted to browse some comics and shitpost, not be exposed to this filth. I feel physically ill. Please make it stop.

This one sentiment has always been the most jarring, unpleasant things about bad writers injecting their politics into comics. Their problems cannot and should not exist in these fictional worlds.

When there's a cosmic superbeing rattling the foundations of reality, threatening to unmake existence every couple of weeks, petty protests and political shit-flinging fall by the wayside. There's always bigger fish to fry.

Take police brutality, for instance.. Every major city in the DC and Marvel universes has at least a dozen anti-hero vigilantes who will string a murderous cop up by their toenails, if not just execute them outright. Not to mention that with all the supervillains, metahumans, mutants, robots, science experiments gone wrong, and every other weirdo running around, how can you have anything resembling police oppression? Only the dumbest or absolute smartest, most violent criminals are out there causing shit for the police.

If Gail Simone wanted to do political punditry, she should have found a better medium which isn't absolutely antithetical to every poorly conceived notion of outrage she has.

Got you covered user.

You're wrong, user. She could totally explore police brutality or whatever political punditry she wanted in superheroes, through metaphor.

It speaks volumes to how far comics have fallen when capes explore real-world issues literally as opposed to figuratively. They're so creatively bankrupt that they can't even make a good proxy for whatever they want to talk about.

Speaking of cosmic superbeings, think that Jack Kirby created Galactus to be a metaphor for his apprehension over Marvel getting bought out by a big company, or the fucking New Gods to discuss his belief that freedom is life. Now look at Gail Simone wanting to talk about police corruption and brutality with literal police corruption and brutality, as opposed to some super-militarized police force that takes bribes from super-villains.

I think we're in agreement here and you seem to understand what entertainment can do to examine an issue. Never overtly, but with a few degrees of separation to approach the issues without stepping on anyone's toes directly.

As an example, Coneheads is perhaps one of the best pro-immigration movies ever made. Even though it's about a family of wacky aliens doing funny stuff, the underlying message is one of accepting and welcoming in immigrants into our way of life.

Gail Simone's idea, however, is to directly and plainly reflect the real world into the fictional comic world. This is not to say that comics can't take on these topics, but rather they can't pull directly from the headlines, because the world, the characters, and the history of that fictional setting does not mirror our own.

Using allegory and metaphor is fine. Straight up saying, "This is about Black Lives Matter and cops killing niggas in the streets" is fucking retarded. Partly because it's fucking false and it turns the comic into blatant propaganda in service of aimless politicized movements, and partly because it is fundamentally incompatible with the medium and the universe which it is being forced in.

Wait… does that mean the Ultimate Nullifier was the fact that being owned by a huge company would eventually kill their creativity and make them worthless to the very people who bought them… like what's actually happening now, since Bendis and friends don't have to care about book sales to keep getting paid?

Anyone got an archived copy of the original thread? Not knocking your thread, OP, it's great. It's just I'm on a roll revisiting old glories.

Im actually working on the character design and I'd like your opinion as well as anyone else who is interested, should have the first sketch done by tomorrow.

Sounds good. My suggestion is not to give him a superhero uniform and make him on his late 30s early 40s.

I can't recall a pair of more ineffective villains as EVIL BUSINESSMAN and Eyeball Eddie. I think Simone wanted a Dick Jones/Clarence Boddicker thing going on with them, but since the Movement literally has no plot outside of random drama, they don't really have much influence on anything.

I don't think that's it. She has this weird father/son, George/Lenny thing going on with them, but frankly I have no idea what she was going for, except it probably wasn't Dick Jones/ Clarence Boddicker. In fact, I'm still wondering if Eyeball Eddie was meant to be retarded.

At least I got this out of it.

This is twice as sad coming in the wake of Absolution getting a storytime. Every cringeworthy attempt at a dramatic moment in this book (besides the inept social commentary) was done better in Absolution.

Also, if that retard is psychic, can't she tell the chief is trying to do the right thing? Oh, I guess she'll just conveniently ignore that since it doesn't fit in with her disgust for the police.

The whole "i.c.u." phone thing is great, because if you read the demands on the official BLM site, they now want the REMOVAL of body cams. All that video evidence was muddling the narrative.

Isn't…isn't that literally a Gen 13 character? Is this legal?

WAIT, she's not even super strong? She's just a tech lady? She knocked out Whitt's teeth! This is buillshit! Also, yeah, that guy in a stained wifebeater, the picture of wealth. I'm sure he got a really good attorney. When your desperate need to portray your villains as filthy and disgusting clashes with your intended target of the upper-class.

my thoughts exactly, as well as showing some signs of stress, like baggy eyes and wrinkled for head. I definitely want him to be good looking, but not entirely in the traditional way.

pretty sure that's the idea.

Well, I was thinking more in something less handsome and more policelike.

Perpetually angry face, balding, a cup of coffee… also having the rank of Detective. Maybe there could be some sort of super powered police department, with a special internal affairs unit which the director has bullshit detective skills like batman.

I was thinking less angry and more stern. He's cynical, but not without hope. That super cynical detective has, in my opinion, been done to death.

Why not a super-powered Andy Taylor from The Andy Griffith Show?

Kind of that yeah, but a little more cynical.

God I cant get over how shitty the faces in this comic are.

He really is adorable, they need to do an anti-hero team with him as the self-important Solomon Kane wannabe that everyone else bullies mercilessly.

Ok, I Finished sketching out my OCs head and decided that it would be better if I made and OC thread instead of derailing this one, feel free to check it out and comment and critique if you like anons.

Nevermind, I deleted it for now, as there were far too many spelling errors plus and error with the pictures

2 TINGS:

AT LEAST THE PURPLE DYKE HAS BIG TITS

IS NOT ANIME OR MANGA

IT IS GOOD 4 ME!

I'm glad they walked back her revelatory conversion at the police station, because it was really stupid to conveniently have a bunch of people unintentionally guilt-tripping you about trust and friendship right when you're having a crisis of conviction. Which reminds me, Virtue is a pretty shit psychic to not pick up on Tremor's double dealing. However, wouldn't it be great if she did know Tremor was the double agent and was laying the fuzzy feelings on thick to emotionally manipulate her in a time of weakness?

Even worse, she doesn't actually kill the guy. She just scars him and leaves him to think about "the error of his ways." She should have murdered him Dexter style and then quit because the temptation to just fix all crime problems that way would be too great. OH, WAIT! That's the plot of an actually good comic mentioned here . Absolution by Christos Gage, Avatar Press comics. Enjoy.

Are these panels of Jacob not just ripped straight from A Clockwork Orange?

In 2010 Jim Lee gave up the ghost and now Wildstorm characters are fully owned by DC. New 52 further integrates these characters into Prime Earth. This travesty is, in fact, legal. Fanfiction tier garbage, pairing your Mary Sue with a legendary comic figure. I loved what little I managed to read of Gen 13, and watching someone like Simone get her grubby mitts on even one of its characters boils my blood.

More like:
The bowel movement

Ok, for realsies, that OC thread is up and running now. sorry bout the technical difficulties.

Wait… ACTUAL FUCKING RAINMAKER was in this shit? I thought it was just another shitty OC.

But those cans, man.