Future Quest Storytime

After reading that The Flintstones storytime and finding out that it was surprisingly good, I decided to track down Future Quest to see how it was.

Turns out that it was actually decent. They do a fairly good job putting all the Hannah Barbera action cartoons into the same universe, and unlike the Scooby Apocalypse and Wacky Races comics, it actually respects and feels like its source material. They added a random DIVERSITY character that hangs out with Jonny and Hadji, which feels out of place in an already crowded cast, but at least they didn't go changing actual characters' races.

So here's the first 3 issues.

FUTURE QUEST ISSUE 1

And that's the end of issue 1

FUTURE QUEST ISSUE 2

FUTURE QUEST ISSUE 3

And that's all I have. I'm actually interested in seeing where this is going. There's some good ideas here, and WB could probably breath some new life into these characters if they adapted this into an animated series.

This shit with DC and outside underwear is getting out of hand.

did they miss the part where Hadji is a FUCKING INDIAN PRINCE?

Indian isn't Black. Everyone knows the only way to be "diverse" is to have Black people.

I wonder if Didio made some sort of official editorial edict against undies.

Well, if you've been where I've been..some Indians act like niggers. Especially if they are from the South parts of India.

Ohhh, the black kid is IRONIC. I get it.

Yeah, I'd be hype as shit if they were individual comics instead of a clusterfuck. Although I do believe there exists some reasonable Space Ghost comics before theseā€¦

Who else can only hear Space Ghost in SGC2C's voice?

Seems nifty so far.

Hey, that's Steve Rude. He did the Space Ghost graphic novel, before the gritty reboot/origin.
If you like this you ought to check out Nexus, his own tribute to Space Ghost.

Same here. At first I tried to rid myself of the SGC2C and Harvey Birdman voices, but then I just ran with it and everything became more awesome.

Although god help me if Brak shows up at some point.

Heheh, Zorak is in the reboot, he's a series of clones, which explains why he keeps surviving exploding in SGC2C.
Also, Space Ghost's wife IS Bjork, and his name IS Thaddeus.

Hmmm, I might

I finally sat down and read everything posted so far, pretty interesting all around. There is a book with just Johnny Quest, right? Is that pretty good, too? Despite reservations about other books in the line, I figured this would at least be interesting, and was really surprised by how much I liked Flintstones.

Nice to see they're actually trying to stay true to the source material instead of being some adult/edgy tryhard schlock. But why do Johnny and Hadji need a random diversity shit? Doesn't Hadji already count towards that and the fact that he's already a well established and likeable character?

And it doesn't even look good. Why the hell do they hate the classic look so much?