ITT Shows that got diversity right

ITT Shows that got diversity right.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/28/chicken-shop-mile-britain-fat-cheap-food-obesity
gamapserver.who.int/gho/interactive_charts/ncd/risk_factors/obesity/atlas.html
wordplay.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/07/18/imo-2016/
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/10/my-daughters-homework-is-killing-me/309514/
theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/07/life-after-no-child-left-behind/397937/
forbes.com/sites/jonbruner/2011/10/05/nobel-prizes-and-american-leadership-in-science-infographic/
people-press.org/2015/04/28/what-the-public-knows-in-pictures-words-maps-and-graphs/
voxeu.org/article/geographical-bias-top-journal-publication
zoubianusa.org/student-guide/university-admissions/why-study-in-the-united-states/
economist.com/news/special-report/21646987-competition-among-universities-has-become-intense-and-international-top-class
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they never talked about it in such a big deal.

Exactly. It wasn't about how they looked, that was just there to make them more interesting to look at. They had differences in their ways of thinking and their preferred means of action.

Personally I thought Fan Forum wasn't a great spinoff, but yeah, I guess they handled diversity okay.

but op, kuki didn't read animu or watch mango and never did maths good

also hey arnold and new york

Ignoring the gems themselves, Steven Universe is a contender with the Beach City inhabitants. Clarence as well, even if every character is ugly.

Diversity, in terms of having a cast of different races, isn't really that hard to do. The issue is that the people who keep pleading for it can't be satisfied. How many times have you seen idiots whine about "black-coded" gems being racist despite the fact that there are black characters in Steven Universe. They maybe side characters, but they tend to get their shine in the light in the "filler" episodes.

Oh shit, I don't know how I forgot about Hey Arnold. That's another thing–setting makes a difference too. I'm all about diversity, but it makes no sense complaining about the lack of any nonwhite people in something that is inspired by Polish mythology with that Witcher row that happened way back.

yes, I like this diversity

Oh they had a couple of feminists episodes….About how feminists should shut up and let people work together!

Man the Feminist apocalypse episode was VERY telling. Because the "Girlifying ray" could also affect girls. Like Number 5 wouldn't take this crap lying down, so the ray affected her as well to turn a Tomboy into a "Girly Girl" as well. Toxic Masculinity-removed.

I guess, but all of its characters are awful, so I'm not so sure ANYTHING from SU is worth admiring.

Yellowtail is a responsible, active father who is there for his wife's son.
If it wasn't for that last part, he'd be great.

Clarence and SU are what come to mind for getting diversity right - by not making a completely big deal out of it. However, I feel Clarence (a very underrated cartoon, in my opinion, anyway) is in better shape because it doesn't have a "fanbase" that overblows it.

I can't think of much other shows, save for Hey Arnold! as another major and noteworthy example (as well as a great show to go back to every now and then.) I definitely ain't counting that damn bear show, that's for sure.

Cancerence and Cancer Cancerverse are both cancer though

The one's that didn't go out of their way to make it apparent, but simply allowed it to be.

Says you.

Best comment is BEST.

If all those character were white all those series would've been a lot better,

Even though they are intentional stereotypes

the only one that is close to a stereotype is numbuh 5, and even then it's nowhere near an urban negress. her sister is in deep with white chicks and is thirsty for literal chad dickson.
kuki isn't a typical asian, wally isn't crocodile dundee, and nigel is only really british if you think the british leadership actually got down and dirty. hoagie is totally a stereotypical american kid thought: fat, dew and doritoes gamer nerd, tv and cartoons faggot, trading card games, engiqueer inclined and possibly autistic as fuck, loves planes and trucks, and quotes 80's action heroes like there's no tomorrow.

Hoagie is the most American name you can give a fat child.

Doug was so "diverse" it didn't even use real human skin colors, and those who had accents were spread out across the colors so you couldn't shoe horn one skin color into a real life race. It also never had a "diversity" episode.

Rocko's Modern life was another good one that handled diversity simply by being so surreal you couldn't apply many human stereotypes to any one species.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

It used a lot of obscure heroes regardless of race. It also made some of DC's diversity replacements work.

Omg I remember that episode that was my favorite one. It's funny how the majority of the girls act almost like the psycho types we have now.

Numba Five's dad being a Bill Cosby parody feels really weird today

Her mom was also French.

Op, if you want me to post Fillmore! again, just ask.

The Secret Saturdays, didn't even know it was a multi-racial family until the Ben 10 crossover 5 years later.

Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the thing?

A lot of shows neatly sidestep that argument with nonhuman characters. The TMNT for one.

back to leftypol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every show that does it not to fill the quota or showcase how dindus dindu nuffin.

The second generation ghostbusters show.

It was a diverse cast but everyone was a dick with everyone, even with the goth chick and the wheelchair guy.

So basically an average Asian.

i got fond memories of that one.

I laughed

You are just asking for chinese cartoons.

"White"

The overwhelming majority of anime characters are Japanese. What are you talking about?

Yet they rarely look like real Japanese people

This character does not look Japanese. Therefore it MUST mean that the character is white. Right?

The whole deal is that they're caricatures of girls stuck in the 'boys are icky' stage. Which is pretty much what a lot of feminists are nowadays.

What's sad though is the people here still stuck in the "girls are icky" stage aren't caricatures…

It was nice having a non-stereotypical Australian. (And yet 4 is totally a homegrown stereotypical Australian in that he's a violent dumbass. Proto-bogan)

And the diversity fit the whole 'international espionage' theme of KND. Bit like with X-Men; the international cast is meant to emphasise that mutants are a global phenomenon.

Girls really are icky, though.

My safe space is the U.S. There safe space can be somewhere out in the middle of the specific ocean.

You know diversity doesn't just mean having niggers and asians, right? You know there is also diversity among whites.

Build the wall, build it tall, deport 'em all.

so it's mixed?

Bullshit, he's a vampire. Grey skin and totally hairless is some Nosferatu looking shit.

He could just be a juvenile Riddick.

He does go into space at the end…

bit of a baity thread, but i'll bite.

diversity in cartoons (or anything really) usually amounts to "white American main character with friends of varying ethnicities," or sometimes "non-white American main character and family plus friends of varying ethnicities." however even if the characters don't focus on their ethnicity (Hey Arnold, KND) it's still diversity for the sake of diversity, which isn't necessarily "doing it right" (although i suppose all the ethnic variance in HA is appropriate, given the inner city setting). still, it's much better than just shoehorning in progressive shit (like the gay parents in Loud House and Clarence), or making characters be the opposite of their normal ethnic stereotype (like Timmy Turner's black friend who isn't just rich, but also the smartest of the group).

however, there is another way to approach diversity without just shoving in a as many different-colored characters as possible and mixing them all up (like P&F). Xiaolin Showdown has four main characters from all over the world. ethnic differences are because the characters are all actually from their respective countries, and their behavior reflects this. thus, the diversity is appropriate given the scope of the show, and it would actually be unusual if the characters were not ethnically varied. in situations where arbitrary diversity wouldn't make sense, the show doesn't force it (e.g. the Xiaolin temple is located in China, so all of the background locals are Chinese).

the characters are somewhat stereotyped by their ethnicity, but this is used to help explain the character's behavior and attitude, and develop the characters further. it also helps drive episode plots.

and of course, the whole show premise is based on non-western culture, which pretty much doubles the diversity value.
and is good show.

and then chronicles happened

(regarded)

Chronicles? Wait did they make a sequel!?

I know this is bait, but I'm still mad

O_o I genuinely am excited they made a sequel. I haven't watched it yet - is it good?

save the autistic emoticons for Deviantart.

Save your time, it's fucking trash and ruins what the original series had pulled off so well.

Which one was the feminism apocalypse?

The show was a bit funny in that the American and Japanese characters are basically secondary, while the Chinese and Brazillian are pretty much co-protagonists.

And neither are particular stereotypes aside from very loosely; Omi is egotistical, arrogant and immature, even though he wants to be a wise kung fu guy, while Raimundo is more or less a typical teenager.

Really, using stereotypes is more trouble than it's worth, it's amazing when you see writers that still bother with them. (They're usually mega hacks who have no concept of what actually makes a character interesting and rely entirely on stock characters and stereotypes)

This Nigga gets it!

You realize that includes various white races as well, right? You're thinking of racial diversity.

The same stereotypes Holla Forums applies to blacks and latinos have been applied to various white groups in the past.

this is why I always thought racism was stupid. Italians and Irish were discriminated against until bigotry was focused on the next race. It just felt so shallow and petty I don't get why people would be so bigoted after looking a t a history textbook.

Because racism always existed to create scapegoats out of people who are vaguely different from you, so you don't start questioning who's actually fucking you over in plain sight.

Your thoughts on stereotypes then, gentlemen.
Do blacks not make up an inordinate amount of the prison population?
Are Mexicans not, by and large employed as fruit harvesters and brush pickers?
Have you ever seen a Jew leave a generous tip?
Are Arabs not the group most likly to engage in terrorism?
You should not hate them, but don't be a stupid cuck and walk through the ghetto with your wallet out.

Well I'm sure being poor, uneducated, and a media that perpetuates gangster lifestyle over self improvement has something to do with it.

Well I'm sure being poor, uneducated, and being hired by exploitative businesses that pays them low wages to keep them poor has something to do with it.

Since 99% of jews who aren't acting and dressing stereotypical look "white", probably.

Well I'm sure being poor, uneducated, and the west constantly fucking with the middle east has something to do with it.

I wouldn't do this in poor white neighborhoods either. Do you notice a pattern?

You brought up the Irish and the Italians before, those were groups that were poor and uneducated, and yet they managed to pull themselves up by their own merits
Why can't other races do this?

Culture is the biggest problem, but human societies as a whole label with race, which cause most dividing lines in culture. Now, with this in mind, realize that most cultures, and nine times out of ten by proxy, races perpetuate their culture by enforcing what they believe their culture to be onto themselves, breeding ideologies and making a nearly full self-fulfilling cycle. As a result, what "smart" people say is that the "system" keeps minorities down, but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

It isn't just the media perpetuating that gangster culture…it doesn't need to any more. Niggers will continue their self-destructive habits without the media.

I swear, this whole board is becoming (((pozzed))). I don't expect everyone to worship Holla Forums, but being this obviously misinformed and homogeneous ideologically is fucking horrible. Fucking hell, I see more and more opinions that look like they came from tumblr everyday.

No culture is much more cancer. Look at the american culture.

Yawn. Go play with Jonathan McIntosh and Dindu Lives Matter.

Anybody tell you how low non-White Hispanic IQs are?

Anybody tell you how little Muzzies have contributed to the actual sciences and arts?

Go back to your social science class. And swallow your salt.

They wouldn't have been any different. That's how diversity is done right.

The only problem with American culture is the US was retarded enough to let Germans in and integrate with the rest of the culture. It's the reason American cucks exist.

Christianity and Judaism is the parents of progressivism. The Christians had stuff going for them awhile ago, but the Catholics kept cucking out and getting feminized while Luther and his fellow heretics chimpedout. The Jews have the Frankfurt School antics.

So how do you like your american culture with cookies on pizza?

They had political idiots before they took nazi refugees. The general problem with the american culture, it's lead by their own media and industry with a ignorant education system. Past day, it's was ok. Now It's much more common and horrible that the american media censor or erase culture references including their own because triggersfags from both sides. That why a simple american barely know nothing outside of the country.

Putting it up against getting raped by Muzzies?

Also:

theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/28/chicken-shop-mile-britain-fat-cheap-food-obesity

gamapserver.who.int/gho/interactive_charts/ncd/risk_factors/obesity/atlas.html

Anyway:

wordplay.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/07/18/imo-2016/

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/10/my-daughters-homework-is-killing-me/309514/

theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/07/life-after-no-child-left-behind/397937/

forbes.com/sites/jonbruner/2011/10/05/nobel-prizes-and-american-leadership-in-science-infographic/

people-press.org/2015/04/28/what-the-public-knows-in-pictures-words-maps-and-graphs/

zoubianusa.org/student-guide/university-admissions/why-study-in-the-united-states/

economist.com/news/special-report/21646987-competition-among-universities-has-become-intense-and-international-top-class

Meanwhile the UK has unattractive Muzzie feminists at higher education chimpingout. Australia has schools with pandering to tumblr brand gender u. Come on, don't pretend SJws are an American only habit.

Neither do the simple citizens of assorted other countries. See the interviews with some Japanese a man did where one of them said Blacks make up a way bigger portion of the American population than they actually do.

And there doesn't seem to be a gap huge fall in knowing such according to Gallup.

Why do you Holla Forumslacks bother posting all this infographs shit? Libtards don't want facts, they want to be raped by Jamal and be beheaded by Ahmed
And by taking the bait you derail the thread

I feel very very sorry for you. Very sorry for still believing this shit.

The funny thing about Americans is that you don't know shit about what happens outside your own country, and assume all of your problems are exclusive to you and not worse everywhere else.

America is a scientific powerhouse, about the only Western country that still has industry to speak of, and an ally that everyone wants because you figured out years ago it's easier to just let everyone trade with everyone and wave your nuclear dick around when someone tries to blockade. Blockades haven't happened since the 60s because of the US Navy.

And despite all that power they didn't bother to just nuke the middle east and instead let the terrorists and rapefugees roam free pissing all over Europe and the Americas. It shows how the jews feel right at home in the US waving around the puppet strings attached to the government.

There is no country more cucked in history than the US.

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

kinda sad how badly derailed this thread got. I don't mind politics coming here occasionally but this is a board about comics.

NO you stupid faggot, you must accept my exact fringe sociopolitical ideology as fact otherwise you're a shill from the opposite sociopolitical ideology board.

fukken sav'd

Back to >>>/socpol2/ with you, you retarded shill.
Your sociopolitical ideology is going to ruin all things.

Racists are shallow-minded people user. You know how Tumblrites like to generalise White Straight Males? Well Racists like to generalise tonnes of races. They're not happy with their lives or themselves so in their desperate need for self-reassurance they cling to race to make them feel better about themselves.

Get out you dumb nigger.

Thanks for proving me right.

So the stereotype is set by their employer? Do you think that's the job they set out to get or that's just what they were able to get?

>>>/suicide/ is this way nigger.

Fuck off cuckbunny.

I mean you can't expect intelligence from insecure racists but this is just pathetic.

Also I'm white, you tard.

So you're a castrated numale?

Still waiting for an argument, faggot.

I like how you say "you Holla Forumsacks" only to blow your own cover immediately.

Sadly you can't talk about non-white characters on this site without triggering the reverse-SJWs at Holla Forumsumblr.

This

Although the time was a bit different.