Birth Pangs of a Constitutional Convention

Its Happening – Texas Governor Calling For Convention Of The States To Rein In Washington

So mote it be. Spread the good word.

uschronicle.com/happening-texas-governor-calling-convention-states-rein-washington/#

Other urls found in this thread:

trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/gov-greg-abbott-calls-for-constitutional-convention-to-take-back-states-rights.html/
archive.is/CnICP
boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/80018406/fuck-all-yall-im-from-texas
dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20160628-supreme-courts-rejection-of-texas-abortion-law-forces-other-states-to-undo-restrictions.ece
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So mote it be brother.

This has been overdue for a while. It's a travesty that 30+ states can ban fag marriage, and then have the Supreme Court force the whole country to accept it because there's no way to overrule them.

They did the same thing with segregation, even though I'm pretty sure almost none of the white parents of the time wanted little Jimmy and Suzy to have to go to school with stupid, violent nigger brats.

Second shoah

most of the black communities didn't want to desegregate either. it wasn't like they were being kept in camps against their will, they CHOSE to live near other blacks, and wanted to go to school with other blacks.

Fuck yeah texas

While I had not heard of this before, its worth mentioning this is old news.

trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/gov-greg-abbott-calls-for-constitutional-convention-to-take-back-states-rights.html/
archive.is/CnICP

Hopefully something comes of it.

This is already allowed though. It's how you make an amendment.

YEEHAW!

These proceedings are never swift. The important thing is to maintain awareness and subsequent positive political pressure. This is the kind of thing generations would look back on with pride.

YEEHAW!

Good the sooner this shit show implodes the better. The worst possible thing is the US just keeps going on and becomes Brazil.

Fuck it, I see nothing here about strengthening the 2nd Amendment so states can't interfere with gun ownership.
And the first suggestion would require the repeal of the interstate commerce clause & eminent domain, but I see nothing in here about that.
And the balance budget amendment needs to prohibit federal debt or they'll be "balancing" the budget the same way they do now.

And where is the clause that eliminates the Fed Bank?

Too little, too late.

YEEHAW!

CONFEDERATION SOON

Now would be the time to meme it, given the FBI's announcement.

You realize they will just ignore the constitution like they are doing right now. They will do so with state powers backing them like they did when they let clinton off the hook.

The constitution will not save you!

The guns of the government trump the paper that supposedly restrains it.

On top of that, these leftists would relish the change to amend the constitution to THEIR will. You assume the nationalists will get their way. Everything you listed will not gain a majority, but you would risk that to allow them to amend the constitution to erase gun rights, due process, free speech, and so on.

I understand the risks of doing this, but the left is going to get their way with or without the constitution like they always have. They can stack the supreme court, federal courts, and pass slow moving legislation that makes people feel good short term like the civil rights act.

That's irrelevant, since they just ignore the Constitution as you already said. The extent to which they don't ignore it doesn't require them to adhere to an amendment process anyway, since through manipulation of language and judicial activism they can just "live and breathe" whatever meaning out of it they want based on what day of the week it is.

Most of what's being outlined here appears to be a call for a referendum system. That would go a long way in promoting cooperation of states against the feds, which while that may not directly affect their policies, it will have a demoralizing effect on the Marxists and expose younger people to the merits of decentralization which they currently have no experience with.

Regardless of politics, some sort of convention should exist between states that excludes input from Washington. I kind of wonder why the constitution didn't prescribe one in the first place.

There is one. That's what the guys in the OP are trying to set up.

The constitutional convention is just for the sake of proposing amendments that still have to go through the federal system and probably get slapped down. What I mean is there should be a means for the states to co-legislate independently of the federal government. That's the only way any of these proposals would have a chance at being enacted. The constitution makes it out like there needs to be checks and balances against the majority of the states, which doesn't make sense to me.

Probably as a compromise to Federalists so they would sign off on the document.

Nope. That's what the Convention of States is for: a way to amend the Constitution without needing to go through the Federal Government, other than to have them say "Yup, this is happening", once 2/3s of the states submit their paperwork to them.

these

likely this

and probably this

Won't work at all. It's pretty stupid actually. Also, they are at odds. What if your democratically elected government wants to run a deficit? Who is going to enforce it, the Courts? But, they can't bc they cannot override a decision made by a democratically elected government.

But, these are pretty interesting. Hopefully the kinks will be worked out if this ever gets anywhere. As you were…

YEEHAW!

Those are all good recommendations, but they could go further in supporting/strengthening the Bill of Rights.

The only ones who wouldn't like this would be the globalists/Jews.

HA HA, TIME FOR AMENDMENTS!

Bill Content Amendment
All bills submitted to Congress shall pertain to one matter and one matter alone, as outlined in the title of the bill. All bills must be read, in full, vocally, within the chamber, before presentation to either the House or the Senate for a vote.

Foreign Powers Amendment
No treaty or executive agreement shall be made abridging or prohibiting the free exercise of the rights of citizens of the United States protected by this Constitution. No treaty or executive agreement shall vest in any international organization or in any foreign power any of the legislative, executive, or judicial powers vested by this Constitution in the Congress, the President, and in the courts of the United States, respectively. No treaty or executive agreement shall alter or abridge the laws of the United States or the Constitution of laws of the several unless, and then only to the extent that, Congress shall so provide by joint resolution.
Executive agreements shall not be made in lieu of treaties. Executive agreements shall, if not sooner terminated, expire automatically one year after the end of the term of office for which the President making the agreement shall have been elected, but the Congress may, at the request of any President, extend for the duration of the term of such President the life of any such agreement made or extended during the next preceding Presidential term. The President shall publish all executive agreements except that those which in his judgment require secrecy shall be submitted to appropriate committees of the Congress in lieu of publication.

Congressional District Amendment
No longer shall Congressional districts be redrawn by sitting state representatives, nor shall they be redrawn under any circumstance other than an official change in population–as defined by the United States Census–of the corresponding districts in the respective states. Congressional districts shall henceforth be redrawn in a manner according to the mathematical Golden Ratio, where physically applicable within the bounds of state geometry.
The center of the smallest district shall be situated in the center of the most populous city in the state at time of ratification and henceforth from the time of finalization of the most recent census. Expansion outward from the first district follows the mathematical Golden Ratio accordingly. New districts formed due to a change in population shall be created by halving the size of the district in which said population has changed.

Senate Restoration Amendment
The Seventeenth Amendment is hereby repealed. All Senators shall be chosen by their state legislatures as prescribed by Article I. This amendment shall not be so construed as to affect the term of any Senator chosen before it becomes valid as part of the Constitution. When vacancies occur in the representation of any State in the Senate for more than ninety days, the governor of the State shall appoint an individual to fill the vacancy for the remainder of the term. A Senator may be removed from office by a two-thirds vote of the state legislature.

Federal Spending Amendment
The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed. Congress shall adopt a preliminary fiscal year budget no later than the first Monday in May for the following fiscal year, and submit said budget to the President for consideration. Shall Congress fail to adopt a final fiscal year budget prior to the start of each fiscal year, which shall commence on October 1 of each year, and shall the President fail to sign said budget into law, an automatic, across-the-board, 5 percent reduction in expenditures from the prior year's fiscal budget shall be imposed for the fiscal year in which a budget has not been adopted.
Total outlays of the federal government for any fiscal year shall not exceed its receipts for the fiscal year. Total outlays of the federal government for each fiscal year shall not exceed 17.5 percent of the nation's gross domestic product for the previous calendar year. Congress may provide for a one-year suspension of one or more of the preceding sections in this Article by a three-fifths vote of both Houses of Congress, provided the vote is conducted by roll call and sets forth the specific excess of outlays over receipts or outlays over 17.5 percent of the Nation's gross domestic product.
The limit on the debt of the United States held by the public shall not be increased unless three-fifths of both Houses of Congress shall provide for such an increase by roll call vote. This Amendment shall take effect in the fourth fiscal year after its ratification.

Financial Institution Amendment
In the elucidation of Constitution Article 1, Section 8, regarding the power of the United States Congress to coin money, regulate its value, and standardize this valuation against foreign coin, the United States Congress’ power to perform the aforementioned tasks is to be understood as being indelegable. No institution save for the United States government is to be tasked with the coinage and supply of the money of the United States.

Regulation of Congressional Activity Amendment
Congress may not regulate–nor have authority over, save where actions run in contradiction to existing federal law or the Constitution–activities that occur wholly within one state.

Regulation of Executive Activity Amendment
Federal administrative agencies of may not act in such a way that preempts the laws of a state where such action is not already federal law.

Modification of Judicial Powers Amendment
A decision made by the Supreme Court of the United States may be overruled with a two-thirds majority vote held by the people or congresses of the states.

Modification of Judicial Review Amendment
In order to overturn a law enacted through a vote, the Supreme Court of the United States must vote with a seven justice supermajority.

Modification of Congressional Powers Amendment
A two-thirds majority of the states may override any federal law or regulation.

I'm getting mixed messages Texas.

I'm hearing a prediction, and it sounds like removing the Bill of Rights entirely.

Pretty much, its the same as when El Rato Cruz whined about SCOTUS being unelected, that's kind of what they are by the near and dear COnstitution.

Really though, if it had been done in the first thirty years of the country it would have been better, now its just going to be the bill of privilege in name and deed.

How are you going to die in the middle east if you're not part of the union?

How many states have an open call for constitutional convention? Last I heard, we were 1 or 2 away.

In 2012, Texas was 44.3% non-hispanic white.

Let that sink in for a moment.

texan here, no one is actually serious about seceding, we just do it to troll non texans

Please let something, anything come from this.

Our population is so apathetic, misinformed and brainwashed.

YEEEHAAAWWW!!!

t. nontexan baitposter

IF HILLARY BECOMES PRESIDENT, TEXIT WILL HAPPEN!

Things are looking up.

YEEHAW!
Thank you, Texas-Chan!

There IS one, shining hope for the U.S. and honest, lawful government again…

I know, the whole thing about states getting together too is also something I've heard of before, but that nothing came of.

There is a practical role for all of the Southern civic nationalism, it is that they can can get more from the U.S. federal government when tensions are higher, much like Eastern European countries and the E.U.

LOL Never gonna happen.
Time for #TEXIT

Don't be fucking stupid. Texit is the ONLY solution.

Get fucked Masons. Hiram Abiff is sucking nigger dicks in hell.

Best solution to, we don't have to care for your welfare whoring asses anymore, and get to keep more fresh water for the rest of us.

YEEHAW!

THANK YOU TEXAS-CHAN!

T H I S
H
I
S

And burn off all that uranium?

The State of Texas is not going to violate the 14th Amendment and declare war on the United States of America.

It's just not going to happen, you mouth-breathing faggots.

6/10, 7/10 with a big cup of Big Red.

Good point, but it is probably just a promotional photo to show off all of their meat. Most Texans know what the good stuff is all about.

Fuck, user! You were so close to making it…

That's Rudy's in Austin, right?

"YEEHAW!"
IN THIS THREAD.

"THANK YOU TEXAS-CHAN!"
IN THIS THREAD.

Don't be ridiculous. Leftists love the constitution when it suits them, and hate it when it doesn't. If they could amend away all of the things that don't suit them, the constitution would be a wonderful thing that brings up happiness and equality and safety!

Fuck you Jim I wanna be depressed in peace.

FINALLY

Is it ok to admit I'm from Texas again ?
Fucking cruzcucks made me ashamed of my mexican ridden home.

Tranny bathrooms BTFO.
State gay marriage BTFO.
Syrian Invaders BTFO.

hnnnggggg

Entire King Nigger administration and all libshit administrations BTFO

hnnnggggg
Fag marriage BTFO

My lord.

We already have that: tenth amendment.

TITP BTFO

hnnnggggg

Wasn't it like 43 before SCOTUS started overruling them?

Does that mean goodbye Federal Reserve?

YEEHAW!

Git yer guns, boys, we're mobilizin'!

Make sure the spics don't fuck up the general election and you're good.

This a million times! This would change politics overnight.

YEEHAW!
THANK YOU TEXAS-CHAN
NO MORE FEDERAL RESERVE
STATE'S RIGHTS
OVERRIDING SUPREME COURT DECISIONS
INTERSTATE COMMERCE BTFO
NEW DEAL BTFO
WE'RE TAKING OUR COUNTRY BACK
YEAR OF THE FIRE MONKEY
CURRENT YEAR IS THE BEST YEAR

If anything like this were to happen, I would be in full support of a large group of states to secede from the Union, because we all know that the cunts in Washington would never allow anything like this to happen.

How long until a state creates a law barring the federal government from taxing its citizens? How long until Texas or another state tries to leave? How long until a Civil War, or massive civil unrest forces Washington to capitulate?

I do have a question though. How many real "red states" are still out there?

boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/80018406/fuck-all-yall-im-from-texas

Cruz was "Texan." Which won him a lot of points.

CONVENTION OF THE STATES DOES NOT PUT A LIMIT ON WHAT CAN AND CAN NOT BE CHANGED

This is how you lose the 2nd Amendment.
Specific Amendments are much safer.

This is not good.
Like really bad.

Please, antigunners only have New York, California, New Jersey, and Massachusetts.

I don't think you know what you're looking at.

We're witnessing the birth pangs of the Texas succession.
dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20160628-supreme-courts-rejection-of-texas-abortion-law-forces-other-states-to-undo-restrictions.ece

MARCHING TO BALKANIZATION

THANK YOU TEXAS-CHAN

This was proposed 7 months ago, I can't find any recent news on it catching on though.

THANK YOU TEXAS-CHAN!

Too bad your state was rigged in favor of Cruz.