Microsoft: you won’t be using that Qwerty keyboard forever

Microsoft's chief envisioning officer Dave Coplin believes that the days of using a Qwerty keyboard to interact with computing devices are numbered.

In an interview with the UK's Evening Standard newspaper, Coplin stated that it was bizarre that today's workforce was still relying on technology invented in the 19th century.

Coplin mentioned the Qwerty keyboard as one of those technologies that is a "sub-optimal design".

If you thought that Coplin was referring to keyboards with different layouts, then you are wrong. Instead, he made the point that other input technologies such as voice or gestures would take over.

ghacks.net/2016/09/28/microsoft-you-wont-be-using-that-qwerty-keyboard-forever/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/R0nnE
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/failed-windows-3-1-system-blamed-for-taking-out-paris-airport/
archive.fo/ITv6e
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/06/navy-re-ups-with-microsoft-for-more-windows-xp-support/
hollafor
archive.is/CzRIM
youtube.com/watch?v=h7VZCVEupmk
mkweb.bcgsc.ca/carpalx/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FUCKING normalfags and their botnet voice recognition. GTFO my computer. God fucking damn.

Oh, you mean like the Paris airport that still runs Windows 3.1?

archive.fo/R0nnE
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/failed-windows-3-1-system-blamed-for-taking-out-paris-airport/

or the U.S. NAVY and Windows XP?

archive.fo/ITv6e
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/06/navy-re-ups-with-microsoft-for-more-windows-xp-support/

Hm. I wonder whose business strategy is responsible for this?

Who doesn't want microphones and sensors anywhere and everywhere?

These people have their heads so far up their asses, it's just kinda funny at this point.

He's not wrong, I'm soon to be replacing my shitty plastic Microsoft Natural 4000 with a Dvorak/blankcaps Model 01

The future I always dreamed of.

Another old tech we need to get rid of is electricity. For how long has it been working? Too long. It's past time we got rid of it.

What's DECOR?

Yeah, I'll believe in a keyboardless future as soon as the paperless office meme becomes reality.

I think all this posturing from Microsoft is pretty cute considering their entire company is on the way out.

Xbone 1 was a bomb. Windows 10 is a fish out of water. What else does Microsoft even own worth buying?

At this point I think they are going to try to acquire as much new IP as possible to try and save their brand, but ultimately I think Microsoft is dead.

He stated this in a fucking newspaper interview. The ironing in unbearable.

Anyway, yay, can't wait for people having to gesture URLs and say posts like "Aww, yea, I'd pound her cunt so hard, if you know what I mean m8"

And ofc programming, hmmm...
Open curly brace newline string string equals quotation mark hello world quotation mark semicolon newline system dot out dot print el en open parenthesis string close parenthesis semi colon newline close curly brace, save as hello world dot java
how practical!

Hipsters might take you seriously and start a cottage industry of candle making.

microsoft in 2006

microsoft in 2016

A decade behind and on the wrong track as usual. The people who want to waste their breath speaking to a computer or wave their arms around like an imbecile are a tiny minority. And after they try it for the first time it becomes an even smaller minority.

After their Kinect and xbone disaster you'd think they'd stop trying to hype gesture controls. They want spy cameras straight out of a telescreen in 1984 and this is a terrible excuse.

Thanks to thousands of patents, millions of systems requiring legacy software and billions of unportable, macro infested office documents, MS is here to stay
Also, Windows 10 will be a success. People will buy new computers. Those will come with Win 10. People will use it and stay inside the MS cage.
Unless Apple starts to sell Mac Books at ~$400, then the "average joe" would switch to OSX

I didn't say they are dead, but they are on the way out. Look at all the mac and Linux ports of almost everything. Most hardware works for pretty much any OS you can think of, and if you need an older version of Windows there is pirating.

I think people will keep the walking corpse of Microsoft around another decade or two, I just don't think they are long for this world.

MS makes most of its money dealing with businesses you retard

Maybe ReactOS will gain some momentum.

They do almost nothing of worth today. Their biggest income is literally office shit.
IBM used to be bigger than both Intel and Microsoft until they both eat them up, and had also a huge amount of patents and shit.
In the case of Microsoft they are easier to replace than IBM back then, unless Microsoft starts doing very good shit they will have to step aside like IBM did.
They already are if you ask me, they are not nearly as relevant as they were in the nineties.

Not when a $100 tablet does everything they want(facebook and netflix). Personal computer sales have been declining tremendously. What happens when all printers, screens, mouse and keyboards work well wirelessly with any tablet or smartphone? Who's going to buy an ancient platform left over from the 90's?

And they're facing pressure worldwide from groups that demand open standards or oppose American influence/spying. By the end of this decade Europe will be free of their grip. They're losing ground in South America and Asia.

I wouldn't short their stock just yet but I can't see them reversing the decline.

Shitware that links air traffic to weather systems. If it was open source they could port it to newer systems, but somehow forgoing peer review for your software somehow makes it better.

It's Microsoft's fault that businesses and consumers still use archaic software. Their model created this situation.

I agree. QWERTY is fucking retarded. Anyone with a brain in their head would rather use Dvorak or any of its variants.

Microsoft Earth? It's a reasonably complete dataset with end-use terms loose enough that OpenStreetMap can provide it as an option. GMaps isn't.

Someone's didn't read

In an interview with the UK's Evening Standard newspaper, Coplin stated that it was bizarre that today's workforce was still relying on technology invented in the 19th century.

This is the same shitty reasoning that allowed Apple to get away with removing yet another component of what should be a standard system. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's useless. Maybe we should follow the logic and kill all humans since we've been around in this form for a few hundred thousand years.

Well that's obvious

Just fuck off already, Microsoft. I don't want to give you my data. Period.

That's okay, we'll just take it from your ISP, google, facebook, etc.

Don't forget to use totally secureā„¢ tor.

looks like we found the pedophile terrorist

Just like the kinect, you cockmongling faggot?
Can't embed, so
www.youBROKEN LINKtube.com/watch?v=fgJqliVWSSg

Anyone who has to do actual work. Meaning people who won't buy Kinect 3.0 Thought Police Edition.

Cortana purchase micro$hit hello_world example app v1.73232.a.

So he's just saying QWERTY to win le geek brownie points. Clickbaiting faggot.

Because I'd totally rather learn sign language than use a perfectly fine keyboard.

Thank god, new ergonomic layout standardization when?

This is why Microsoft is, has always been, and will remain shit. Touchscreens and voice recognition suck, but they are better than a keyboard on a phone when you are out of the house or office. Can you imagine wanting to look up the weather on the go and having to fiddle around with a tiny keyboard? It's awful. The same with voice recognition, it can be very handy in winter when you are wearing gloves or when you are riding the car.

However, that doesn't mean I want touchscreens and voice recognition all the time. Different tools for different jobs. After all, following that logic we should also replace all our large desktop screens with phone screens as well, right? Microsoft does not understand quality, they are a cargo-cult company that only imitates what others are doing without understanding why they are doing it. Oh look, Apple has touchscreens, let's imitate that. Oh look, Nintendo has motion controls, let's imitate that. The reason why the Kinect failed is not because the technology was shit, it was better than the Wii, but because MS failed to see what made WiiSport fun to play.

The entire business plan of Microsoft is to shove as much shit down people's throat so they don't notice that there is anything else besides shit. In the PC market they have successfully created a monopoly by bundling Windows with every new PC and selling their Windows-specific services. But they have been failing in phones, tablets, video games and music players (remember the Zune?). Good riddance, I say.

i was looking into bying dvorak keyboard, even tried to learn but its too hard on these qwerty keyboards

buh buh muh 41 megapixel camera that requires a 5 second shutter and 900000 ISO resulting in more blur than a drunkard and more grain than a beach
Didn't early Windows Phones automatically format any SD-card inserted into them and require a special version to be purchased?

If you really good at typing on dvorak keyboard, you could go really fucking fast.

Sad thing is, Zunes were actually pretty nice. I've got three of them, and I love them all.

It definitely is. Finally, Microsoft is trying to do something intellige..
... NOPE. Eat shit, Microsoft.

yeah, but imagine this, lets say i know dvorak, i will brainfuck myself everytime i need to type with different keyboard when not home... like i said, until i buy dvorak keyboard or even physically remap keys on this keyboard, nothing

This post is absolutely correct.

All around me I see people using Win10 on laptops that have the Win10 logo on them. No one knows how many cores their processor has (or that is even has cores) much less something like how or why to change their OS.

OSX is popular for the same reason people use preloaded Win10. They're too technically illiterate to use something else.

this tbh, magic lighting is much better for the environment and all it costs is one virgin goat for your whole life

Let's imagine it together

That tiny keyboard is fine unless you need to enter some address or WEP code. With image recognition or Qcodes this will soon be a thing of the past as well.

He's right but it's search predictions and image recognition that is taking over, Microsoft is so out of the loop they have to pretend they're working on next generation interfaces to replace the ones that aren't even close to being perfected yet or in widespread use.

I saw one of their ridiculous powerpoint slides awhile back showing 4 categories, one the man was sitting at a desk with a tiny screen several feet away from him, the other had some sunglasses on surrounded by holographic windows in augmented reality, then VR and the fourth was in a literal holodeck. This idiotic statement in that article is similar to that, 'oh look at this obsolete old fashioned way of doing things, we're working on the future'. People were typing on keyboards a hundred years ago and they'll be typing on them 100 years from now. Nobody is interested in input technologies primarily designed for data collection on users and provide little to no benefit.

Take your keyboard apart and rearrange the keys. If you're not sure you'll like it do this on a cheap $5 used keyboard first.

Print out a sheet of the layout and place it below your monitor instead of looking down to look at and practice with GNU Typist. You'll have the hang of it within a week.

It's easy, and I have average sized hands. Tactile response will always outbeat touchscreen, it's proven.

This. I'm seeing more and more normal fags look for alternatives. I know one normie who wants to use Android for everything because they hate what Windows has become. I know another who is sick of the shit fest Office has become and wanted to know if they could go back to WordPerfect.

Microsoft might stay alive, but the user base is slowly looking elsewhere. I'd say maybe in another 5 years you'd start seeing more normies using Linux Mint or Ubuntu or their machines over Windows. This is not wishful thinking, this is what is actually happening.

call me when it types faster than 70+ WPM and makes less errors

When will this terrible fucking meme die?

Jokes on him, I use colemak

I would like a better keyboard layout as well, but there is too much software that has hard-coded expectations of how your keyboard is laid out.

What?

ITS NOT CURRENT YEAR TECH GUYS

This is what Microsoft actually believes.

Micro$haft have a long history of making such stupid statements and end up falling flat on their face every time.

tl;dr microshaft will push for gay and locked devices and everyone will just patch this defective shit and get a keyboard

hes on to something though, a glove that emulates all keys where you just need to twitch your hand (and it reads nerve impulses) would be much faster and much more ergonomic.

but micro$hit wouldn't want people to own full powered computers anyway (nor do smartphone owning normalfags to begin with)

the benefit for us: rarity is value and people who own their computing will have more value and power , it will be harder to train some degenerates to do basic computing stuff because they know how to build a pc for their games.

reminds me of when foxnews unveiled its "state of the art newsroom" and it was giant tablets running windows. the future is shit resolution and productivity.

"Okay!"
:^)

i can totally see bunch of programmers in office shouting over each other

Gestures for programming, obviously.

I can imagine this, sadly.
"CORTANA! CURLY BRACE OPEN NEWLINE YOU INT EIGHT UNDERSCORE-- NO EIGHT NOT SIXTEEN, DON'T LISTEN TO KYLE-- UNDERSCORE T SPACE EQUALS SPACE ASTERISK-- ASTERISK YOU FUCKING BITCH NOT FORWARD SLASH-- ASTERISK MEM UNDERSCORE ADDRESS SEMICOLON ..."

Of couse i didn't specify a name for the uint8_t but that's just me being a retard.

CORTANA OCTOTHORPE INCLUDE OPEN LEFT ANGLE BRACKET IOSTREAM CLOSE RIGHT ANGLE BRACKET NEWLINE USING NAMESPACE STD SEMICOLON NEWLINE INT MAIN OPEN PARENTHESES INT ARGC COMMA CHAR ASTERISK ARGV OPEN SQUARE BRACKET CLOSE SQUARE BRACKET CLOSE PARENTHESES NEW LINE OPEN CURLY BRACKET NEWLINE RETURN ZERO SEMICOLON NEWLINE CLOSE CURLY BRACKET!

Are you really implying that pepe won't be delete on sight by cortana, especially with ADL labeling it as hateful? The future you envisioned is not the future you chose.

a few anons have reported using the /poltech/ guide to switch to linux mint in casual conversation

What the fugggg ::DDD

what the fuck is this:
hollafor ums.com/thread/659058/technology/microsoft.html

i searched for "Dvorak/blankcaps Model 01" and this site ha all our posts.

this site is scraping our threads and posting our posts to their forums like it's their legit users?

in case it goes down

archive.is/CzRIM

That's the gist of it. Most people know about it already, someone rediscovers and posts it every few weeks.

went there with JS enabled
wew

Neural interfaces are the optimal solution. Each word that we think must have some way to identify it from brain waves.

Came to post this.

I can see gestures being useful to macro large blocks of text or a "these events always happen in the same order" chain of events. You could also do with with physical keys, but an argument could be made that flicking your left hand to the left to paste [your favorite freedom respecting license]'s comment block at the start of some code is easier than having to hunt out and remember which macro key does it. I can see it as a supplement, but not as a replacement.

that's the spic that uses his site as a front end to make it look like his site

Has nothing to do with Microsoft you fuck tard

Back in the real šŸŒŽ hardly anybody uses Linux and all normie businesses I know here use Windows and some art types osx. Chrome books and cheap win 10 laptops will do fine.

Well I already swtiched to AZERTY because they didn't have QWERTY in the stores here.

meh large corporates only use windows servers for work place services, all other stuff in handled by Red hat/Suse, AIX etc . Serious servers are not run on windows. With everything moving to web leveraged technologies there will be no need for windows as a platform.

There will be one thing keeping Windows alive as a service, and it's called brand-name autism for MS Office.

Offices mainly use Windows

Pretty much every fucking engineer uses Windows in some way to run the bulk of their equipment like emissions testing machines. I have experience with a lot oft hose things and they all use DOS or Windows

Every fucking microcontroller programmer is programmed on Windows. Again out of experience, especially true for flash chip programmers, AFAIK there are NO flash controller flashing programs for Linux. Hell, I can recall even for normies you typically cannot upgrade your PCs BIOS from Linux either

Most Kiosks use Windows

Most banks use Windows

Most hospitals use Windows

Hell, with Microsoft getting into IoT shit with Subsystems for Linux and Azure, I can imagine a lot of businesses will turn to Windows for networking solutions soon too just to take advantage of their existing Microsoft support for all their non-networking solutions

The improvement is too small for the average person to care for. Qwerty is just good enough.

Writers don't use voice input or gestures to write. The same can be said about programmers, etc. Not to mention the pure productivity that can be reached using a QWERTY keyboard. I seriously doubt anyone who ever wants to get work done on their machine would ever use anything other than QWERTY (or their layout)

Quite shocked someone could raise such an assine opinion, especially at Microsoft.

Enjoy learning dvorak and then having to use a qwerty literally everywhere else other than your home, since dvorak is basically the equivalent of speaking esperanto.

Though I suppose if you're a closeted shut-in like I suspect most of Holla Forums is, this should definitely not be a detriment to you

The post doesn't say it does you retarded faggot

Hypervisors, routing & switching, over 60% of web services even microsoft all run Linux.

Don't worry the trend is shifting

Microsoft doesn't use Linux you delusional freetard, they use the Microsoft Azure platform, which is basically Windows Subsystems for Linux only tooled for networking, yet, it is essentially Ubuntu/Fedora, on the surface, but its not fucking Linux

Nothing a trivial filter wouldn't solve.

Electricity works but it is super problematic as it was discovered and commercialized by a bunch of dead white guys. We need new fresher alternatives that reflect the world of today. It is 2016, and yet we're using technology that is literally like 150 years old.

Voices and gestures are much older than keyboards.

Checkmate, Microsoft.

I really don't understand how this doesn't violate anti-trust laws. Computers should come bundled with installers for multiple different OSes.

We need a way to harness the shaming of CIS white males to produce a new form of energy.

I'm still waiting for some kind of glove-like controller that takes full use of the potential motion of fingers without doing gimmicky bullshit just for the sake of gimmicky bullshit.

I think the fact that the mouse and the keyboard are two separate objects is a fundamental problem with that input method, and as long as that exists there has to be something better out there.

Your fingers can turn and bend in so many ways that I think you could create some kind of device that attaches or hangs on your hand and allows you to bend your fingers to type super fast, and use motions that give control that is equivalent to the mouse. I don't know what that design would be like exactly and how to make it most efficient, but I think it's possible.

CORTANA! TO FIZZBUZZ N, FOR EACH I FROM ONE TO N, IF I MOD FIFTEEN EQULS ZERO, SAY FIZZBUZZ, ELSE IF I MOD THREE EQUALS ZERO, SAY FIZZ, ELSE IF I MOD FIVE EQUALS ZERO, SAY BUZZ, ELSE SAY N!

People on geekhack and deskauthority have looked into this, it's unlikely to happen because of the cost. Those datahands in your picture sold for $1,295.

Don't expect an ergodox like project for a glove style controller anytime soon. Even if you have to assemble it yourself the cost would be several hundred dollars.

/cyber/ thought about linking that 3D printed exoskeleton/glove/claws thingie to activators in each joint to detect the position of the fingers so you could "air keyboard" anywhere. It probably shouldn't be that costly, at worst just a hundred dollars.

They're cyberpunk fashion fetishists pretending to know what they're talking about while geekhack and deskauthority have people that build their own custom keyboards, organize group buys for obscure parts and run the most extensive wiki for mice and keyboards on the internet.

I'm going to take their word for for it.

They probably thought about using a million motion sensors, gyroscopes, accelerometers and other stuff to make it completely flexible. The idea behind the 3D printed exoskeleton hand is that it just has some preset positions for each key row.

A cheap DIY kit for a datahand copy is what most of them were thinking of. They want to recreate something that had a working prototype in 1992 and is known to be a superior solution to standard keyboards not reinvent the wheel to type in mid air.

For a custom keyboard? Come on. They're not interested in having 3d printed exoskeleton gloves to navigate their virtual desktop in VR using a cyberdeck like in the movies. That's /cyber/'s department.

It's amusing how they are always going on about there not being enough programmers and a skills gap (a lie) but at the same time promote things that are the opposite of general purpose computing and limit freedoms.

citation needed fam

actually I would like to read more about that

Nice Get

Fucking Christ. What is the most efficient alternative keyboard layout anyways? I've been practicing with Colemak for the past couple of days, but I keep on hearing about how good Dvorak is. I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time here.

Don't worry, you're wasting your time.

Either way, it's all good.

tell me when you're running on computers without electricity dickshit

dvorak is superior

Your comment contains a demonstrable amount of privilege derived bias and is deeply racist. You are making broad assumptions that new forms of energy again have to maintain an inherent involvement of white men. Had you read a fucking book on critical theory instead of masturbating to the PDEs in Maxwell's (uber shitlord) equations you might know that. Learn to make the world a better fucking place next time fucking asshole, we're trying to make an inclusive and friendly environment for everyone. Literally kill yourself.

Is it worth learning for someone who's been typing QWERTY their whole life? I can easily type 120 wpm from years of shitposting and I don't think at this point it's even sensible to try switching.

I'd like to see Microshit say that shit once their developers can't program anymore because they have no keyboards.

This, their primary income is from their scam-like server license distribution.

ITS GODDAMN 2016 DAMN

Tech companies don't want people to program their computers any more.
If everything is locked down anyway, botnet voice control is all you need.

You are literally what's wrong with this world. Off yourself.

How dare you not put a trigger tag in this offending post. you literally my ptsd

I am so sorry. I will educate myself on more trigger handles.

It's a fucking joke you faggot, of course coplin (and apple, and google,...) is full of his own shit

PRO BULLSHITTER

Oblong industries had this shit working years ago, it sucks

It's a keyboard designed to be used with only one hand.
If I remember correctly, that keyboard was initially intended for single-arm amputees.

This really is changing. The microcontrollers from Microchip that I use I program under Linux using their supported native Linux application.

The Xilinx FPGA tools that I use are also well supported under Linux.

You are right in that most engineers spend a lot of their time in front of windows, but what engineer worth their salary really wants to these days.

I'm pretty sure Matlab and LabView are also supported under Linux now, and even Unigraphics NX (super high end CAD) runs under Linux as well.

matlab has had a linux version since forever Octave sucks and is buggy as hell. A lot of people are moving to python. If I get back into heavy math programming, I'll be using python instead of matlab

youtube.com/watch?v=h7VZCVEupmk

As someone who is dependent on speech recognition, this pisses me off. Writing by voice is much slower if you're trying to write anything longer than a two-sentence text message. It makes frequent mistakes that I have to waste time correcting. I also have toPaws for long periods of time to think of complete sentences rather than writing as I think about it. it's very slow.
Whats most insulting is that I recently learned that my (((disability))) is just poor schooling. I look at Common Core and wonder if Microsoft wants to use it to phase out certain literacy skills to make people as dependent on technology as I am.
I have to use my phone to write anything one way or another. I'm writing this post by dictating with Google Voice typing through KDE Connect to my real computer. I have to correct something every sentence. It probably takes me twice as long as shitpost compared to other Anons. In the rare moments when I can type something rather than speaking it I'm amazed at how much quicker and efficient it is. I never clocked how long it takes me to write something but I think I wasted an extra two or three minutes writeing this post. I have to hide my rage every time normalfags tell me to just accept this dependency on crapware.
The worst part is, writing is the only Talent that I have. I'll never forgive (((them.)))
I feel like I should be more disgusted, but at this point I've come to expect asinine goals from the tech oligarchy.

Suck it Microsoft. I'll use whatever I want. Granted, I won't be alive forever, and maybe the kikes will steal my QWERTY keyboard from me some day.

I thought he was going to talk about dvorak for a second and got interested

He's right. In the future you'll only need two buttons:

Entertain me
and
Buy that

Content creation is not for us

Not being Python master language.

Can you imagine writing the most simple fucking hello world program via voice or gesture?

#include int main(int argc, char **argv){ printf("Hello, %s!\n", argv[1]); return 0;}

Try that shit via voice recognition.
}

The QWERTY layout shouldn't have been adopted in the first place, but here we fucking are and everyone is so used to it for now.

While it doesn't make sense we also need to consider the waste of energy and time it would take to get a small portion of the workforce switched over to this solely, let alone a sizeable portion, and touch screen or voice\motion registry is very finicky and while it probably looks great on a press release like this one it wont make any form of advancement that is worthwhile for people who can already do 80+WPM, making this a kind of fucking stupid ass Harrison Burgeron-esque way to cripple everyone and even the playing field when they force those who are adept with the 'sub-optimal design' with their gimpy new format.

octothorpe include space angled-bracket-open stdio dot h angled-bracket-close carriage-return newline carriage-return newline int space main parens-open int space argc, space char space asterix asterix argv parens-close carriage-return newline brace-open carriage-return newline space space space space printf parens-open double-prime Hello, space percent s exclamation-mark backwards-slash n double-prime comma space argv bracket-open one bracket-close parens-close semicolon carriage-return newline space space space space return space zero semicolon carriage-return newline brace-close carriage-return newline

Luddites btfo

Does anyone know of a keyboard with an overhauled number pad made for math and programming? I have no idea why they didn't think to put parentheses on the thing and it could use some more symbols like ^ for exponents, = for assignment, and obviously a semicolon. A section that copies and pastes text saved per button would be nice too, that way you could write all your variable names on the main keyboard and copy them to individual buttons that paste them when you use them in the rest of the program.

Speaking of which, is there anything like this that is good for games too? A joystick where your thumb would be with regular buttons for your other fingers would be really nice. I like to one hand a controller on the left and mouse on the right but then I usually can't press all of the buttons I need without moving the mouse hand.

impressive sperg.

So what is the keyboard format better than qwerty?

Dvorak or Colemak

yes yes goyim give us that illegal keyboard heh heh..... you are not allowed to be inefficient .... use voice or touch goy

I really never looked up the DataHand, did those actually improve anything? It seems like the buttons that require moving your fingers left/right would be rather awkward. I would like to try an ortholinear keyboard some day that isn't some ridiculous minimalist bullshit as I've always found reaching at a slight angle on keyboards instead of just straight up and down to feel off.

Wow, it's almost like the early '90's all over again user.

To add
If there is a vimperator like plugin or browser with similar navigation built in (the selecting links by numbers part, which to my knowledge it isn't standard vim navigation) where the link numbers appeared almost instantly instead of taking longer than it takes to move the mouse to a link, it would go a long way for allowing one to use a single input device.

An idea so good that I might actually just do that. Thanks user.

Dvorak is DEPRECATED
mkweb.bcgsc.ca/carpalx/

dropped

kys

Imagine a bus or train packed full of people all trying to speak over each other at their phones, tablets and laptops so that it can recognise what they're saying over the din of everyone else doing the exact same thing.

The man is an idiot.

do it, it'll even make you smarter
give your brain some exercise