THE GREAT DEBATE

Is spam "freedom of speech" or does it infringe on those who truly wish to express themselves?

OP, your question raises an even bigger one.

It slides others' threads.

Variety is key. If the spam lacks any form of variety then it infringes. If it has variety then it is fine because at least each message shows something different. How much variety is needed is the problematic grey area. By default people legally leave it alone because that grey area surrounds something every political, religious, and memetic movement relies upon.

Hence, when I spam this Epyc Wynn face all over the Holla Forums board I do not deserve jail time for it; though some annoyed with the meme may disagree.

Only nonwhites spam, our laws werent written to cater to them.

Spam isn't free speech. It doesn't say anything. It's just digitally manifested autism

What are you on about? Speech doesn't magically become unfree just because it's stupid.

I forget who exactly said this quote but it's really apropos:
I think it may've been Thomas Jefferson

From the sound of your post, you've been doing this for a while, huh?

Speech = something to say. Spam is the opposite of having something to say.

This.

There is no such thing as free speech in the first place, only varying degrees of difficulty in expressing oneself. Whether the constraints are genetic (autism) or environmental (laws, spam), true freedom of speech is nothing more than a construct of the imagination and a political selling point.

Spam certainly makes it more difficult for people to engage in open dialogue, and so anyone who argues in favor of it is either blinded by excessive ideology, trying to sabotage the site, or literally suffers from autism and doesn't know how to engage with other human beings.

I'd say 8/b/ would be a perfect "exhibit A" for why spam should never be touted as freedom of expression.

Your rights didn't exist to begin with. They're just carefully considered by strangers, who have decided that you are allowed to do some things without the uniformed, armed humanoids coming to either kill you, steal from you or confine your movement to a cell. I hope the next plague comes soon.

Even without an organized power structure, one has no rights. It's only a matter of what you can get away with.

I never said you'd have rights if you were the last man on earth, even. There would be no one to tell you what you cannot do, and no one to label the remainder "your rights."

Ok, we're on the same page

gilbert was a whitey you fucking faggot

yes

Public Service announcement:
Freedom of speech is not just a law, it's a value. It carries with it to respect people of opposite opinions and let even the most intolerable people speak, if you do not uphold this value that you are a truly sad human being.

not to mention a hypocrite if you bitch and moan about freedom of speech without giving it to others like that

O I am laffin

Spam is covered by the First Amendment; however, so is banning spammers from your own website.