New Cars Are Too Expensive For The Typical Family, Says Study

A new analysis from Bankrate.com found that a median-income household in the U.S. could not afford the average price of a new vehicle in any of the 50 largest cities in the country, though cars are more affordable in some cities than others. The average price of a new car or light truck in 2016 is about $34,000, according to Kelley Blue Book. That's in part because new cars are loaded with helpful but expensive safety features like collision-avoidance systems. Bankrate calculated an "affordable" purchase price for major cities, using median incomes from U.S. census data, and factoring in costs for sales taxes and insurance. In San Jose, California – the heart of Silicon Valley – the median income is about $84,000, and an "affordable" new car purchase price is about $33,000 – close to, but still below, the average new car price. In lower-income cities, however, affordable purchase prices for a typical family are far below the average cost of a new car. In Hartford, Connecticut, where the median income is about $29,000, an affordable purchase price is about $8,000 – about a quarter of the average new-car price.

gulfnews.com/business/sectors/retail/cars-are-getting-too-expensive-for-us-buyers-1.1857173

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-16/where-worlds-unsold-cars-go-die
eliomotors.com/
youtube.com/user/PaintballOO7
popularmechanics.com/cars/g2005/22-brutal-crash-tests-video/?slide=1
youtube.com/watch?v=73zDrVMyWOU
youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

always wise to buy slightly used anyway. cars depreciate terribly.

No shit. Add in loans inflating prices aand you have a real shit storm. Muh pickup truck culture now has young men going massive into debt for a shiny new pickup with all the bells and whistles to the tune of 40+k

I never understood the car industry. No wonder the American car makers are such jokes. I'd rather buy a car 3 years old instead of a new one, and probably get 50% off.

As an engineer who has worked in the automotive industry, newer cars are becoming far too complex. I've seen some high-end luxury cars with 50+ modules. You can't even diagnose shit without a scan tool anymore. It's a new car that's fine, but what happens over time is that mean-time-to-failure and the increased number of failure points means that buying a "used" newer car is going to be a massive cost liability. That fucker will be in the shop on a regular basis as it ages.

Car manufacturers don't give a shit about the complexity because it drives their backend repair industry at dealerships, so consumers will take it right up the ass.

i'd like to get an older bronco or something, but smog checks in california would probably fuck me.

Cars are cheap in America lads.

b-b-but if we outsource all of our manufacturing, our consumer goods will be cheap enough to totally offset the lost jobs!

Most states don't have emission inspections. Get out of Commiefornia, there is no reason to stay there. If you must have palm trees and oceans, move to Florida.

The auto industry is absolutely fucked. They make way more cars than they need to and most of that shit ends up rotting away.

zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-16/where-worlds-unsold-cars-go-die

I still drive a car from the late 90s, only has 3 modules. As long as you change the oil every 3 months like clockwork (not based on mileage), it should only have mostly minor mechanical issues as it ages.

Anyone who thinks people should by a used newer car because of depreciation is a fucking retard, that logic no longer applies.

Actually that's the American car manufacturers, the Japanese don't do that. Japanese systems follow what's called a "pull" process, they scale the manufacturing output for the current demand. So for example, Toyota only really has about 6 weeks worth of inventory in stock. They roll the manufacturing output on demand.

The American car manufacturers use a "push" system. Basically they just crank out cars irrespective of demand. This is partially because the American car unions force this type of shit. So when demand tanks to shit, they keep cranking out the cars, they start piling up. Now they start with shit like auto subprime loans to get people to buy the pieces of shit, and even then it's not enough to prevent the inventory build up.

The next crash in auto subprimes is going to fuck the American manufacturers hard, and they'll come crying for another bailout.

Well that's good news.

I know Toyota doesn't do it at least.

gee I wonder why people don't want them

For Japan anyway.

OH NO POOR POOR FAMILIES CAN'T AFFORD NEW CARS
HOW OH HOW CAN WE HELP THEM?
OH I KNOW, WOULD YOU FANCY A LOAN, 40% INTEREST WITH 10% OFF IN WALLMART CAR DEPARTMENT? HOW DOES THAT 5% CLEARANCE SOUND?
EVERYTHING OF COVERED BY THE GOVERNMENT GOY? :^)
Surely it won't infalte the price even more so even more loans will be needed? Or was that the cause of the high prices in the start?
I don't know my kippah's too tight oy vey!

Loans and usury are the primary cause of income inequality right now.

This. Not only in automotive industry. Regulation kills economy. Now you could not release car like first gen Camaro of VW Golf, you need dosens of electronic systems, airbags and all shit you dont need, but goverment in conjunction with corporations push on you anyway to make a buck.

Yep, government sets the minimum requirements now so that cars are already too complex by default. A new manufacturer couldn't get away with designing a simple robust car these days, government has effectively made it illegal.

ffs, now in EU new cars must have preinstaled GPS, so they can track your position when you crash /he-he, stupid goyim/

I don't like some of the (((features))) in some of the newer cars, I borrowed someone's 2015 Jeep it that shit turns the idles engine off every time you brake at stop sign or red light and turns on the engine back on when touch the gas pedal as a Stop-Start System feature to the car just to save gas.

Buy a bicycle and you're set to go. Or just walk.

Expand welfare to include car vouchers.

Fuck you! I will build Metro, Train, Monorail, cable car and mopeds I will give everyone mopeds INSIDE a monorail!!!!

Joke's on them. It costs more to inject the amount of fuel necessary to start the car than it does to idle.

Have to agree. A lot of this new shit are gimmicks and retarded to begin with. I recently saw a commercial advertising that you can lock the car with your phone. Like thats never going to be hacked or fuck you over some time in the future.

It will kickstard economy, folks!

That just makes no fuckin sense. It takes more gas to start the engine, no? Unless they 'solved' that 'problem' too.

You're that bikerfag. You suck at navigating through cars, don't you?

SLIDE THREAD

It does, but also, keep in mind that 90% of engine wear occurs on start up. Also, keep in mind that Chrysler has great engineering for ideas, but their quality control is disgusting. Expect major recalls very soon.

I actually hate bikes too and just walk. So no.

Says the guy who lives in an urban area where everything is probably 5 minutes away, including chimpouts.

Oy, don't talk about regulations and goverment interference into market. Start 3456. thread about brexit, goy.

Joke's on you, I live in the Balkans.

Confirmed raid poster. You started the habbo spam thread, didn't you?

I've been there. Actually, the joke is on YOU.

Also most newer cars have shit like remote control brakes and shit

Why does your whole region smell like rotting garbage? For real… Can't you guys get your shit together and come up with a waste disposal system?

That's not even the tip of the iceberg, the communications buses on cars aren't encrypted, you can literally hook up to the DLC port under the steering column and capture all the traffic. If you know the protocol architectures/instruction sets, you can inject any fake packets onto the bus with a microcontroller and proper transceiver. There's literally zero security on most cars.

I'll give the Germans some credit though, they installed what's called a "gateway" so this can't be done directly from the DLC port, but with some minimal work you can still tap the communications bus directly.

All my time in engineering and every day I become more and more anti-complexity. Designing these complex failure prone pieces of shit for marginal gains in convenience at best is absolute stupidity. Consumers don't even realize how fucked they are if they don't plan on buying a new car every time the warranty is about to expire. The ones that buy those cars used because they think they'll save on depreciation will get raped 10x on the repair costs.

It's a fucking disaster of a world we live in.

People buy the wrong cars. In europe you can buy a new Dacia for $9'000. A brand new 4WD SUV goes for $13'000. Good reliable cars. I have mine 2 years and the only expense was gas (8L/100km) and one oil change at 15'000 km.

People also massively inflate the price with overcharged extras. You need that fancy color? You need a radio? You need electric windows? That is another $7000 added to the bill.

example:
Dacia duster, base verion, 4WD is 12900, luxury version is 19'200. That is 7000 bucks more for the same car! Guess what i buy. If there was a 2WD version for a 1000 buchs less i would get it.

Yea nah, you can't.

Ahhh… the good old days of manual windows and door locks and the car was built to last longer than a tampon. Most anons have probably never even seen a carburetor. Take a look, boys. Any white man could rebuild these and with two light presses of the accelerator before turning the key, it would start every time.

Mechanical Analog > Digital Computer Controlled Bullshit

Well sometimes you would have to give them a squirt of ether :)

get one of these op

eliomotors.com/

Elio's are still subject to all the government regulation BS + black boxes etc.

those are all banned here because muh safety , muh pollution

True, I won't deny that an idiot could flood a carbureted engine or that sometimes the choke would stick or sometimes it would just need ether. But the average white man knew this piece inside and out.

Give one of these millenial cucks a carbureted engine today and watch his fucking face melt off the first time it doesn't start on the first crank.

I only remember because when I was a kid my dad would have me grab the can of ether to give it a quick squirt to start.

kikestart

He probably needed to replace the jets and float bowl. $8 job done with a can of carb cleaner and the kit.

Only idiots buy new cars. I have a 2005 Seat Ibiza TDI with 118k on it which cost me £1100, plus tyres etc. The engine and gearbox will easily do 200k with basic maintenance. My next car will be from the 90s, I quite fancy a Peugeot 306 D Turbo. Modern cars have too many sensors, are extremely bloated with safety and emissions regulations, and they all seem to have tiny windows. Only an idiot would buy a brand new car, or the very rich.

Glad I have hardly any mileage on my 2005 truck. I wouldn't consider getting another one now, anyway, because I hate bucket seats with a big fucking waste of space center console.

We didn't have a lot of money growing up, so it was a quick temporary fix.

Just buy a miata

same engine sine 1990.

New cars are shit. Fucking flimsy tin cans.

At least when you buy an old car built like a tank, you'll know that when you do get a traffic accident you'll plow right through those pansy hipster dinky toy cars.

Where are you going to put that 120oz Big Gulp of Mountain Dew that everyone who drives one of those $50,000 pieces of shit seems to ride around with?
I remember when you bought a truck because you needed a truck and they didn't cost any more than an average car.
Living in Michigan, every fucking faggot has an F-150 or Silverado that they take to the grocery store or convenience store. Honestly, if you don't need a truck, don't buy a fucking truck. If you need one, so be it. But these yuppie wanna-be cowboys have driven the price up so that a normal man that needs one can't afford one.

your ribs will also hit your steering wheel

My first car was a '79 chevy
It was a fucking mess
The engine was a 350, but with a dual carb and a hand choke, goddamn it was a fucking pile of fuck.
Me and my brother changed it to a quad carb with an electric choke (worked okay), changed the brake lines, all kinds of other shit, and it cost me barely anything since it's AMERICAN
Good times
I have a '96 now, still chevy, it's still all manual (i think only the ABS and transmission is electronic) and it works great. I wouldn't go with a more recent car. Fuck all that electronics bullshit

Its just another way for fucking faggot mechanics to make money with their "specialized tools" bullshit

I fucking backed up into a tree with my old pickup and it didn't even have a fucking dent
I backed up and caught my rear bumper into one of those fucking poles in gas stations, I just drove forward until the bumper let go, then hammered it back into place

Joke's on you, again. I only use a computer for shitposting and email. Fortunately, I don't need a degree in computer science to reinstall an operating system because of viruses or bugs in the worst-case scenario. I don't really care about getting the latest video card and just about everything I do could be done with a $100 tablet, except I like having an actual keyboard.

Can you even afford walking shoes

That's what we invented the seat belt for genius.

And i don't have to worry about an engine block pushing its way in and crushing my legs, that's what the other guy is getting.

There's shoes not meant for walking?

Goddamn Poland.

You are in the minority then, the number of boomers that walk into my department because their laptop ran out of battery and they don't know what to do is astounding.

Get outta here with this fuckin gook shit

Fucking poles bent my bumper almost 90 degrees
Since im russian, all I have is a hammer to put it back into place

There are plenty of decent new cars under 20K.

The problem is people have been trained to think that a small family of 4 can't fit in to a 4door sedan that seats 5. Or that anything but a big SUV is safe.

You can get a 4dr Versa for 16K. Need AWD then there is stuff like the Impreza for 18K.

Kill yourself

Be glad it wasn't that hard plastic shit everything has nowadays.

What I miss is practicality.

See my other posts, I bought my '79 for 400$ and my '96 for 900$

You try doing any of the shit ive done while young with a newer car, it'll be a total fucking loss just looking at it the wrong way

Nothing safer than an all-metal car with a huge bumper

Cuck pls

Nein, danke.

It is a bit absurd that cars cost so much, however only a fool buys new. Some cars cost more than a house in the suburbs. There's absolutely no justification for that. Although if some rich schmuck is willing to buy, there's a market…

I refuse to buy a car that was made after the year 2000. Too many annoying "safety features" and imo it's harder to replace the shit stock stereos.

You have no idea, the "gooks" communications protocols have been pretty fucking consistent all the way back to the 90s. They were simply superior engineering at the most fundamental level compared to the American garbage.

Buying "American" for the sake of "buying America" is a load of shit. You buy the best shit at the best price you can afford, and that just happened to be the Japanese cars at the time.

Even to this day I wouldn't buy an American piece of shit knowing what I know of the communications systems. They have made some progress though in the last decade.

This can't be real.

You exaggerate.

Nothing worse than a /o/ bluepill

Do any manufacturers still make sturdy user-serviceable mechanical cars or is it all Apple-style crap these days?

Jewt stole the code from a weeb image site, this place isn't even a proper AZN tapestry forum.

We can agree that Chyrsler and Dodge and Ford are just pieces of fucking shit that rot away just looking at them
Literally sit on your porch and you hear your Dodge rusting away
Im a big man, I need a big car, not a fucking honda civic that sounds and handles like a fucking lawnmower

I hate goddamn rice burners
Most old american models are decent, most GMC/Chevy's are good
The biggest positive point is that the parts dont cost shit, unlike gook shit and Yuropoor shit

My friend used to work at staples, some old bitch came in and told him the laptop didnt work
He plugged it in and it booted just fine, then asked her if she plugged it in
You know what her anwser was?
"Isnt this shit supposed to be wireless?"

Its all apple-style shit
The engineers who design new cars are fucking autistic NEET's who think that because it fits and looks good in their software, that it's gonna be good in real life applications

top cuck

It's mostly the women to be fair, but yes. They think it is broken when really the power cable on their dock just came out and started draining the battery. Each generation has strengths and weaknesses with certain technologies.

where did you btfo me?

Honestly, you need a big car because you're a big man? Unless you're over 6'5", nearly any non-compact car would be fine.

I love the shit out of this car. When I eventually go to buy a new car, I am going to make sure it doesn't come with all those fancy gizmos and gadgets.

Only retards buy new cars anyway.

That's pretty fucking stupid, but what about the low-power warnings you get when running low? Even a retard will notice those.

I can't really believe anyone to be that astoundingly retarded. Surely a boomer too will get that.

Hey i'm of average height and i too can't stand tiny shit cars.

When you have to do yoga to get inside a car, fuck that.

Corvettes are trash.

t. rice lover

>>>/tumblr/

American trucks were solid. It's the rest of the cars that were shit. You take a look at all the communications across Chrysler's for example going back to OBD1 and your head would fucking explode. Others weren't as bad as Chrysler, but fucked as well. The trucks were on a different manufacturing and design line, they were as fiddled with.

weren't

I'm 6'1" and have done just fine with Ford Rangers, Chevy S-10s.
Nephew is 6'4", drives an old Ford Contour without any problems at all.

If you've got a fat ass and gut, I can understand that you'd want something that would accomodate that, but it'd probably be easier just to get in shape. If you're doing yoga to get into an average sedan, you need to drive your ass to the gym until you can fit into a car properly.

I bet that faggot never even changed his fucking oil
He's gotta go get fucked in the ass at his local mechanic that charges him more than 100$ to do it

Whos the cuck now, you clearly dont drive

According to him, it's a recurring thing, stupid shit like that happened almost on a daily basis

Although I dont like the style and i think it looks like shit, good on you kid
I fucking hate my electric windows in the winter, that shit always freezes up and its a pain in the ass to get em to roll down

Look faggots i'm 6'2 and I get into fucking cars like Mitsubishi Galants and shit like that, just can't stand it. Everything is just badly placed, badly aligned, I wouldn't trade my truck's comfort for anything

I like the look but hate the fucking elitist cucks that drive them, they think they're better than everyone even though my truck would destroy their shit

You clearly never owned a Dodge
DODGE IT

My brother has a Dodge Avenger, 2012 I think, and he probably put like 6000$ on it in repairs and all kinds of shit. He already had to change the fucking AC radiator
Disgusting
The back suspension is all fucky, you have to buy a kit to put the goddamn wheels straight

So you just want it because you want everyone to THINK you're a big man and you don't actually need it. OK. Gotcha. At least you're honest about it.

My favorite car I owned was an 88 Camry. Shit was boxy, but easy as hell to work on and surprisingly comfortable. I was pushing 400k miles on it before some faggot in a Ford side-swiped the front of the car. The engine was literally displaced almost 45 degrees and I still managed to drive it home. The Ford was totaled.

We have IDs, nigger. You don't have to be a big guy 4u to get or even want something that isn't a nigger midget car.

I know we have IDs, retard.

If you want it, fine. Don't act like you NEED it, though. How hard is that to accept?

Just don't act like you have to have a big car because you're a "big man." That's bullshit unless you're a fatass.

The Chevy Prizm does look like absolute shit, especially in the dark green color I have, but it runs great and that's all I care about.

Holy fuck hahaha

Looked like this one. I miss that car :(

You sound awful insecure about people wanting cars that aren't built for midgets. Do you have problems?

Basically
A car is a fucking point A to point B piece of equipment, not a fucking social status signaler
I've got rust here and there on the body of my truck, but goddamn you try finding a single thing not working right mechanically
Bodywork is the last thing to get done tbh

I've worked on older (2003) cadillacs and holy shit what a fucking mess
Every newer car is a fucking pain in the ass to do anything, even change the oil.

There are tons of cars in that small to midsize segment. If you hate jap cars then get a chevy malibu or something. My point is that people seem to think that if they have 1 or 2 kids then NOTHING but a 35+ SUV would be acceptable. I guess thats the prevailing opinion here also.

Well, you're the one that needs a "big car" to possibly compensate for having a babydick. Let's be honest here.

Lets agree that youre both faggots now get out you fucking posers
You wouldnt know a brake line from a prestone hose

Must be talking about a radiator hose.

Thanks for proving my point faggot

Next you're going to say owning guns is just compensation.

Get the fuck out, you filthy Canadian.

Kek
Stop projecting you fucking moose-humper

Well for some it is.. Thats why they sell dEagles.

Who the fuck calls a radiator hose a "prestone hose?"
What kind of retard are you?

Why are there so many libshits on Holla Forums anymore? OH right, we're in a weeklong raid and the mods aren't doing anything.

Stop posting, you're just embarassing yourself at this point

Europe still makes the greatest cars in the world. Always has.

Yeah, so why are so many niggers driving new Chargers and Escalades?

You're not American, I can tell you that.

Tell me… Make a bigger ass of me and tell me what a Prestone hose is.

BMW driving faggot detected
Ive never seen a single europoor car driver drive without looking like a fucking retarded shitstain

Go back to yurop fag

Cuz theyre niggers, do you really need to ask
Same reason they put grills in they mouth and put fucking 40" rims with spinners on em and wear more fake bling than Mr. T

I dont need to, you're already doing it pretty well by yourself

Don't worry, you aren't "compensating" for anything so it'll be fine squeezing into that midget car of yours. :^)

Anything past the Grand Sport of the 80s is.

Modern vettes have decent performance but their body is literally plastic and self destruct on the slightest impact. Also supporting GM in any manner should be punishable by death.

Because there's no such thing. It's called a radiator hose.

Thats not how you spell "Japan" or "Ford"

No more games, get a van. Engine trouble? I could rent out the engine compartment to a family of chinese immigrants. I don't think I'll ever have to bust out a socket extension. And they're dirt cheap, and well maintained (get an old service van). Mine's got bulkheads and and 120v outlets, why the fuck aren't you driving a V8 candy-magnet?

Kek
Please stop
My sides are already orbiting your fat fucking ass

Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge
The name literally tells you not to buy it

Its beautiful tbh fam

But certainly not housing, am I right?

Well, they have proper names also.

heater hose, return hose, radiator hoses (upper and lower)… saying prestone hose is just a generic way to say that coolant flows through it. all of those hoses have proper names.

I want to beat you over the head with a Prestone Hose. :^)

How long did your cheetos-stained fingers take to look that up on jewgle

Ford cars and trucks (Especially trucks) are shit, get over it
Its not my fault youre a retard

financing has fucked this market up (as well as most others).

these bubbles will be yuge

I've always heard them referred to by their proper names. Coolant hose is usually sold in bulk, unless it's a radiator hose. I've always referred to it as coolant hose or given its proper name.

Just stop
Stop
Its not even funny anymore

Yeah, by the foot. As in… "I need 3 feet of 3/8" coolant hose."

Japanese cars are okay. Better than anything from the USA. Ford is absolute garbage.

Does your car lean to one side when you sit in it?

My father knows that all too well. One night when I was on here, he came in to my room fuming and told me to get my ass outside to his 2011 Subaru Outback that he was changing the headlights on.

When I came out, he told me that if I ever design something this fucking retarded when I go into the working world that he will bitch slap me into another dimension.

Apparently you need to take the entire wheel well cover off to get into the headlight compartment, and after you do, you can only fit one hand in just barely, making it a pain in the dick. It took my dad, who is quite competent with cars and machinery, 40 minutes to change one bulb. Basically they want to make it so hard that you have to take it in to the dealership and pay them out the ass for labor to change it.

The only thing that you order in bulk is food for your fat ass

Jesus fucking christ
Thats fucking horrible
Goddamn chinks

Here have this homemade PRESTONE HOSE repair

This is the future your father chose.

90's cars are the epitome of user firendly design. They were designed with repair work in mind. New cars are heading back to the 70s style of vehicles designed to be assembled at the plant then never fixed, having to take half the car apart to get to the slightest little problem.

That's done intentionally, drives up labor complexity so plebs won't take the time and take it to the dealership instead.

If I had the money I design a brand new type of car that is 100% modular, small, cheap, minimalist, and can be repaired by almost anyone who isn't a retard. Modders would love this type of car and an entire 3rd party industry would spawn around it.

But something like that would cost tens of millions to even get started.

I would design

The owners would probably end up being "suicided" by the car companies

You're doing a wonderful job shilling for GM and yuropoor wheelbarrows.

Reminds me of changing the battery of a Dodge Stratus. Never let accountants design your vehicles.

I think it would spawn a multi-billion dollar industry if executed properly, but getting started would be near impossible.

If you weren't such a fat slob and your fingers not weighed 5 pounds each, looking like overpacked sausages, you could have scrolled up and seen that I fucking hate europoor cars

Engineered like shit, look like shit, those who drive them are shit, parts are shit, prices are shit
There is literally no reason other than being a retard to buy a fucking europoor car
Or a ford

The Avengers are made the same way i think, fucking retarded

Would probably get so many fucking bids from car companies. If you dont accept, you get "convinced" to sell

Outbacks treated my father well over the millions of miles he has driven for work but this latest one he has, the 2011, is shite. They basically turned from being utilitarian vehicles to luxury knockoffs.

Christ that's beyond retarded hahahahaha.

Start a kickstarter :^)

i have a mazda thats a few years old and while all the mechanics of the vehicle, are in good shape, the damn computer broke and caused it to slip out of gear constantly. ended up being a $1000 repair to replace the entire computer system. and you're right, they had to use some kind of scan tool to diagnose it. buncha BS man

Your Dads a fucking sperg for buying a new car. You're going to need to put your dad in a home.

I had the same idea after helping some friends work on their cars. If we had the same Idea maybe more will.

exactly

for an A to B vehicle it should be an Accord. Those fuckers last forever and don't rust out easily.

there's not much incentive for younguns like me to learn jack shit about cars when you need a 50,000 dollars worth of electrical equipment and the patience to literally take apart your entire car to fix one little problem

closest i come to tfw working on my car is when i check the tire pressure or jump the battery

pretty sure my mazda died because it got rained on, some drainage tube got blocked which was impossible to unblock without blowing up the entire tube, and all the electronics flooded.

Serves you right for betraying your country for some cheap fuckin gook shit boy

mazda is a master race vehicle, can't beat those prices man. nice ass car with some zip and zoom

anyway mazda is a nip car, nothing to do with gooks

Pretty much this. Jews have fucked the house and cars market because ((financing))

I can contest to this, a fucking new car is like 20,000 dollars. Who in their fucking right mind can afford that shit? Even under an engineers pay, which is my major, I still would probably need a loan to buy that fucking car.

Just buy a cheap piece of shit and buy land like I'm doing, fuck this shit.

Yea, I've been thinking about it for over a decade+, but I don't have the resources and trying to pitch this idea without a prototype to raise capital is next to impossible because of the costs.

It would take a broad team of engineers + specialists to accomplish even a prototype, not to mention the development costs, tools, and equipment. I don't even know the full extent of the government regulations and how it would fuck up the design process.

I have no doubt such a car would be popular and successful, but without the resources to start the R&D it's dead in the water.

Ease off the edge, pops. I'm sorry your used pinto detonated from sitting your fat ass in it. Times changed and Ford is actually decent again.

And I'd rather not scroll up and read your garbage you cynical fuck stain. Its bad enough I'm responding to your inane nonsense.

Huh, I'd like to buy a good basic 90's ish car once my newer one craps out. Any tips on learning car mechanics? Is it mostly trial and error learning?

Cars are just legos with complex interactions. If you develop a systems orientated thought process, they become much easier to understand and repair. Helps to understand at least the minimal systems components and how they interact.

The free market will fix it. But be warned, she is a cruel goddess.

… and this is how the Great Depression started…

You could do that but I wouldn't suggest doing it on your own car if you REALLY need it so you don't screw yourself over. Pick a system from your car such as suspension, brake, ignition, electrical, ignition, what have you and dedicate time to learning only that system until you grasped it.

As said, cars are literally like legos. Building your own computer is like legos. A lot of shit is like legos.

I love mechanical cars so much.

We don't have a free market.

Makes sense though. If you want to change your battery you'll have to bring it to the dealership. ;^)

None of that, i'm talking about having to duck down and wrestle yourself in. Like on those kids shows where they have to jump through an empty silhouette opening in a goofy pose.

Compare that to just opening the door and taking a seat.

Sounds good, no I wouldn't try experimenting around on anything too important. I'm very practical (work for a furniture assembly service) but a total car noob

It's all dodges. It saves space under the hood and they run cables up to jump the thing. It runs through a regulator so that you cannot overload the battery. Downside is you can't access the battery if it ever does crap out for good and it makes jumping and testing not as easy since you can't just shove power down is throat and kick start it anymore. Royal pain in the ass overall unless you are a gear head who does this for fun

As the guy said before, pick one thing and work on it.
To me, brakes are probably the easiest place to start, believe it or not.
Buy a Chilton's or Hayne's manual for the car and it will tell you just about everything you need to know. I find them somewhat hard to follow, so YouTube is a great resource too. Don't jump into the engine too quickly, just work on the chassis stuff first. Having a buddy with knowledge comes in really handy. Usually, they'll help you out for the cost of a sixer.
Mechanics are lost on millenials because none of them seem to have a father who knows any of this shit.

I live in a small house and i fucking bump into everything everywhere.

I have more freedom of movement in my fucking car.

Don't look down on big cars you homosexual dick biter.

As I said, if you want a big car, then get a big car. Just don't go around like a faggot saying "I'm a BIG MAN and I GOTTA HAVE A BIG CAR TO DRIVE." It's just not true. You don't need it. You want it. And that's fine, just be honest about it.

youtube.com/user/PaintballOO7

I will shill the living shit outta this guy's channel.

Step by step on how to fix specific areas of cars, easy as shit to follow, and he makes a point to get as much of it done without specialty tools.

It was pretty affordable for me to buy my new truck after I dumped my money-sink girlfriend.

During girlfriend: thousands spent monthly on shopping for stupid plastic shit. I can't even buy things I want because she was spending all day shopping while I was at work.

After girlfriend: household budget is under control with half of my income going to savings, and still a significant portion leftover for me to buy leisure items.

Kek there was a car commercial recently that was saying "this is a women's car" and then "this is a short guy's car".

I would learn about wheel assembly, then onto brakes and finally suspension. Its simple and shouldn't be too complicated. Also learning how to maintain your battery and how to replace it isn't complicated.

You can also pick up other simple work around your car such as learning how to maintain your radiator and how to flush and refill your anti-freeze. Learn how to change your oil. Learn how to change your windshield wiper fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid, ah you get the gist of what I'm saying.

When you feel ready learn how to do engine tune ups.

Hopefully I didn't say too much to make it seem a lot because its not.

If you live in the city you can just own a bicycle.

Wars and manipulation fucked their infrastructure I guess.

My grandparents bought a brand new car every few years, my parents a little less luxurious and a little less often, but they could still buy new. Me? I've never owned a new car, never been able to afford it.

This speaks to the death of the American dream. Everyone that worked hard was supposed to be able to buy their own home, a new car once in a while, and a college education for their kids. How many American families can afford that now? Hardly any. Generation X and younger have been excluded from that American dream. The boomers were the last generation to have the ability to live it.

Hey guize we don't need big cars, let's all drive uncomfortably in dinky toys with zero space.

You don't need space, you can just pretend you're sitting in a plane. And you can tie shit on the roof!

Quit the vegetarian diet you low-test numale.

I'm just asking for you to be honest and admit that you only want it and don't really need it.

Admit it. You don't NEED a huge car. You WANT a huge car and that's fine, but it's bullshit to imply that you can't drive most cars because "IM A BIG MAN AND I NEED IT."

your pretty much a huge pussy if you dont drive a 600hp v8 camaro SS bro

What kind of dumb Leftist reasoning is this?

Fucking unplug your computer then, you obviously don't need it. Go back to paper, ink and quill.

Oh boy, please project your insecurities more on people who like big cars and anything to do with masculinity, faggot nu-male.

These guys are correct. Most difficult for me is wiring/electrical, not from an understanding point, but a troubleshooting/working-on point.

Reading a wiring diagram isn't hard, and the wires are usually all color-coded, so it's easy, but different manufacturers make wiring diagrams different. Some make a circuit-diagram, while others, (Porsche comes to mind) makes theirs in a "current-flow" diagram, which is a PITA at first, but gets easier.

The big problem is the seeming MILES of wiring in cars, and especially if they have power accessories, finding a problem can be a nightmare. A million potential places for wiring to break, chafe, ground out, switches to fail, etc. And a lot of car wiring is interconnected, (especially on older cars), so something mundane like a short in a window switch can cause other, unrelated failures, (horn, windshield wipers, etc.)

Not HARD, but even if you know what you are doing, troubleshooting electrical on a car is monotonous and labor-intensive. It's one of the few things I hate about working on cars.

Also, I know there is a general anti-motorcycle bias on Holla Forums, but I cut my teeth on car electrical by starting on motorcycles. Exact same principles, but MUCH easier and simplified. Car electrical looked WAY too tough when I first looked at it, but after learning on bikes, with far simpler electrical systems, cars are simple now.

I'm referring to an earlier post of an user who said he NEEDED a big car because he literally said "IM A BIG MAN." That might be true if you're a fatass. If you are, I suggest dropping some money on a gym membership instead of an F-350 Super Duty.

k

and you don't want to be the malfunctioning-new-car-tech guinea pig anyway, so win win…

Guy I knew had a saying for people who HAD to be early-adopters of new technology, and just wound up being the beta-testers for the company:

"The only time you wanna go first, is in a gangbang."

That logic is no longer valid with new cars. You're better off buying new cars constantly before the warranty period expires and never buy a "used" car. Whatever you save on depreciation will be dwarfed by what you spend in repair costs.

I own a Jeep Patriot, so IDK if you'd consider that a minicar. Everything that takes unleaded gas is probably a minicar to you.

Someone's obviously never set foot in a Mini or a Scion. Small cars like that are quite spacious inside. My 6'5 father has one and he can stretch his legs no problem.

Tell me, what do you really NEED that big gas guzzler for? What do you NEED that big SUV or that big pickup truck for? Do a lot of hauling in that bad boy, do you? Go on tell us, what is it, what do you haul. Come on, tell us. What do you haul. Your groceries? You bought a microwave that one time five years ago? Butt plug lube? I bet you can fit a lot of butt plug lube in there.

How many gallons of butt plug lube can you haul in an F150? Tell us. We know you know.

You have your cars mixed up here.

The Toyota Prius was expertly designed to emulate the contour of a butt plug to cater to drivers like yourself.

Muh lean manufacturing.

I never said you should be happy with it nor did I ever say that you can't drive or shouldn't drive a big car.

Again, I'm asking you to be honest and say you WANT it and you don't NEED it. If you're really that much of a fatass that you need a large car, then spend the money eating better and working out.

I don't NEED a firearm but I have them because I WANT them and I like them. I don't NEED a 1,800sqft house, but I wanted it and I have it. It's totally fine if you want turbo diesel and you buy it and drive it all over the place. Just don't give me the bullshit about how you NEED it unless you're really that fat.

I get that it's a sign of masculinity that you WANT to have. It's just not something that you need. So don't spout off with your bullshit about how you NEED it or you can't drive because everything is too small for you. That's bullshit.

Again, get your big car and drive it all over town if you'd like.

My problem is when you say you NEED it. If you're that much of a fatass that you can't get into a normal car, consider diet and exercise.

You want it? Great. Buy it and drive it everywhere. Just don't try to sell me on how everything is too small because you're a big man. If you're that fucking big, consider going for a walk.

Just stop being a whiny faggot.

meanwhile your money goes here
to filthy arabniggers

coming to london during the summer
going to your highend clubs, fucking the best of your women

Stop responding to him, he's obviously just a contrarian troll. Probably part of the summer crowd.

My nephew is 6'4" and drives a Contour without any issues whatsoever.

Just man up and admit that you want it because you think it makes you look tough and we can move on.

They'll be more fucked when TTP passes because people will no longer be able to afford cars.

And you wonder why you can never find a good woman. Protip: Good women aren't out clubbing and getting pissfaced. Let the sandpeople have them. The good women are in places non degenerates go.

yeah keep telling yourself that

these are the most beautiful women london has to offer

You keep telling yourself that, Foxgrape. Fact is, you wake up alone, and you probably bitch about how "there are no redpilled women" and how "they're all lying sluts who ditch you for Tyrone and demand child support". As someone who has been in a happy relationship for years, I can tell you, there are wonderful and meme worthy women out there. And they're not found pissfaced in clubs.

You'd probably kvetch about people buying muscle cars over a limp-wristed acura.

Go the fuck back to reddit nigger, you are not welcome on this website.

Not at all. As I said, buy whatever you'd like. Hell, buy a semi-truck and drive it around. If you can afford it, go for it.

k

How much is a Toyota or Hyundai like 15k?

Do Americans lack total self-awareness or what?

That's because the average American wastes his day on Holla Forums, twitter, Facebook, Reddit, 4chan, instagram, snapchat, redtube, youporn, Skype, Google hangouts, WhatsApp arguing with random "Internet people" about stupid shit instead of working hard and making money.

What you put in is what you get out…

Then why have you spent the entire thread kvetching about the way someone phrased his desire to get a car that isn't some limp-wristed short car?

Is deregulation the only solution?
Because I want popup headlights to make a comeback.

Also, new cars feel like shit. My mom has a year old Chevy SUV and it feels like an appliance instead of a car. The steering wheel is tiny, the headlights stay on after you turn the car off and exit, the radio plays until you open the door… It's not convenient, it's frustrating and unintuitive.

good thing I have a fetish for 80s sports cars that can be had cheaply and have a big aftermarket.

Read through the thread. It's not all Americans. It's that the Jew media tells young men that having a big car is masculine and they buy it hook, line and sinker. They are actually convinced that they NEED it.

You must not get out much if you have never seen a tall person driving a mid-sized car.

Pretty much.
It's a status symbol. Let's be honest. You want that big truck because it's a status symbol and you think it's going to make you look more manly. Sure, there's a part of you that wants the extra space, but that's not why you bought it. It's just why you tell people you bought it.

You know who else buys huge cars because they think it makes them look tough?
Niggers.

As if you weren't pathetic before. Why are you so insecure over other people having better things than you? Are you going to kvetch about people having housing that's larger than a 1 bedroom apartment because that's jew-follower/nigger-like compared to just buying a small camper trailer to live in instead?

Kit cars like the lotus 7 used to be popular in the 60s, they would come flat packed and you could assemble them with basic tools.

Easier and cheaper today to get a 90s era low mileage sports hatch, the era of lightweight, fuel efficient, highly responsive and well engineered cars.

Here's to hoping 3d printing brings back local manufacturing and allows something like an electric motor, carbon fibre golf mk2 to be licensed and printed for you 10-15 years from now for the price of material and labour and a small profit for the manufacturer.

I'm happy with what I have. I have a nice house, a Jeep Patriot and a family. Again, go ahead and buy whatever you want. Just be honest. The only problem is you telling everyone you NEED that big ass car. No, you WANT that big ass car and that's fine. Go get it. Just don't tell me how you need it. If you actually NEED it because you're too fat for a regular car, go work out and do something besides getting fat.

For the last time. You WANT that truck because you think it makes you look manly and because it's a status symbol and because you've been told over and over again that "real men drive a big ass truck" by Toby Keith and shit.

Just asking for your honesty. You're not prepared to be honest about it because if you did admit it, you'd realize how foolish it sounds.

Get yourself some meds, you have a beyond autistic infatuation with phrasing and "muh want vs. muh need" to be kvetching this hard all day. It sounds like your wife or gay lover has emasculated you as well.

Go fuck yourself, mongrel city trash.

It is simply not feasible to live in much of the world without a truck, or at minimum, 4wheel drive.

If these G-d damn kid's would just walk into a store and shake the managers hand they would be CEO's in a matter of 5 years. They just don't understand work ethic like we do.

The OP cites median incomes. This isn't about millennials and your fetish for them.

The Japanese cars or no better at this point. Their perpetual recession led to the elimination of salary man positions within companies. The people on the assembly lines are now part-timers and temporary workers.

How good is this as a vehicle?

Its called the Uaz 469, apparently soviet but is directly made to be easy to repair and keep running. They don't handle high speeds well but DOT emissions can't touch them because they're over 30 years old

You certainly are a rugged, rural, Crocodile Dundee tier manly man, aren't you? I bet your new LG G4 only gets 4G where you live, not even LTE! You're almost to the point of eating grasshoppers for breakfast at 4 am!

Stop acting like you're something you're not and stop acting like you live somewhere you don't.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Why buy a new car, I've been driving a $1500 shitbox for 10 years. The cool part is I have plenty of money in the bank because of it.

Bruh… Why?

You NEED that F-350. Don't you know you're not a man if you don't drive a huge ass car?
Fucking manlet. I bet you're like 4'11" or some shit. Get with the fucking program. Don't you want to be a MAN?

What? You don't think I'm tough? Wait until I blow my fucking diesel exhaust in your fucking face! hahaha! Some MAN you are!

Well, I just put $15,000 down on that bad boy. Having a big truck makes me non-cucked so I guess your point is moot!
Joke's on you, faggot! I can buy a big truck and be a real man like you now!

What car was it? I got fucked buying what I thought was a good deal and ended up having to pay for the cost of like 5 serious repairs.

You sound triggered, m8.

False. I used to believe this too, until I saw some of the crash tests. The new metal cage, crumple zones and automated welds will save your life.

I have been in 5 car accidents since 1988.

I love me some older cars, but it's simply not true what you are posting. I currently drive a 1995 Nissan.

popularmechanics.com/cars/g2005/22-brutal-crash-tests-video/?slide=1

Whatever, bro. I bet you drive an unleaded car or some faggot shit like that.

Stay mad, numale.

This is a good thread, OP, but this article is full of shit.

Why? Cars lose like a fifth of their value the moment you buy them. New cars are sucker bait. Go check KBB yourself.

MSRP for a basic F150 is $26,030 according to Ford's website. According to KBB's own estimator, a dealer will sell that same car with 10k miles on it for $23,676. So there's a $2.3k haircut for 10k miles on a car that can easily last 200k. 8% depreciation on less than 5% of the car's useful life!

And of course, that is what the dealer charges you, and of course you will get scammed. The real depreciation you incur is what you get from private sale. In this case, if you take amazing (top 3%) care of your F150, you can hope to get $22,403 for it. So you've lost 14% of the value of a car that's seen the low end of the typical usage for a year, and it literally looks like it just rolled off the display. More realistically, you can hope to get between $21,427-21,731 for this car that you bought a year ago and drove for only 27 miles a day: 17% haircut. I'll leave out the fact that a 2015 car probably retailed higher a year ago when you would have bought it and the 2016 model wasn't on the market yet.

Extrapolating from these figures, an F150 would be worthless after 6 years and 60k miles - this is of course nonsense, such a car is worth about $9-10k and dealers will ask 15k. The disconnect is basically the intangible "new car premium", aka idiot tax.

This is the other half of the retardation. Why care about such a useless metric? If I list my shitty truck on craigslist for a million dollars, does that somehow decrease your ability to buy a car?

Yes there are tons of cars 30k+ base price, and they easily go up to 100k if you throw in every overpriced accessory. These are luxury cars meant for people with money. Then there are also the truly absurd fuck-off-mobiles like Lambos etc, for people who don't ask the price when buying cars.

Realistically, if you care about "affordability", you would get a standard consumer car. It so happens that a year ago I was buying such a car, and compiled a detailed list of prices for new and used models. A decent small city car can be had for as little as $12k, and gets great mileage to boot. An SUV or light truck can be had for 20-30k. You can even get a hybrid for less than 20k, and get back 7.5k in tax credits.

Incidentally, the Jeep Wrangler in the pic, a luxury 4x4 that is stupid unless you plan to do a lot of off-roading (itself a hobby that is stupid for the non-wealthy), starts at 24k new - about what you could make in a year working minimum wage in many places (!!!).

I'm still driving a car from the early 90s. Cheap to purchase, cheap on fuel, and cheap to repair. I really dread having to get something later than about 2005. The collapse can't come soon enough.

Same in the US, you can get sedans that run for 1-2k. Problem is that the mandatory insurance will kill you, you'll pay more on insurance than the car.

They aren't even buying useful upgrades. They are indulging their decadence by getting shit they don't need like $4500 leather seating, $3500 navigation (when their phone works better and the base stereo has bluetooth anyway), $5000+ on upgraded engines that they don't need and get worse mileage, $4000 all wheel drive when they will never even go onto an unpaved road. I've seen these retards spec up a $25000 car over $45000. Then they play the "how much can you afford per month" game with the salesman. Fucking decadent retards.

what about this:
new 2016 nissan versa
cvt, 40mpg,
lifetime warranty
$10k

Don't forget about their 'shifter'… for the autofaggit tranny. If you have an autofaggit tranny the only place the gear selector should be is on the console. Bring back 3 across front seating. It's not like these fucktards are driving hard enough to need bucket seats.

This is sums up the faggitry that is the automotive industry: Poor people buying luxury they can't afford and options they don't need.

I love vehicles that have basic utility and nothing more. Pretentious bullshit and the faggits who buy it can die in a fire.

FIVE fucking hours and 43 posts later, this mega cuck is STILL kvetching about user uttering those oh so triggering words:

Just how insecure can one nu-male be? Will hour six see him develop a full blown aneurysm and whip out the redtext capsposting? Tune in next time to bitch watch

I'd totally buy a Buick Reatta if I could fucking find one.

why are canadians such losers

What the fuck are you talking about. If you mean an older vehicle that often need premium fuel?

I'd love for the American car industry to make a comeback, and for some of those cool makes and marques from the past to return, but it's all shit now, so I don't know.

Everyone I know only wants Jap and German cars 'cause American cars are shit, but I don't really like those or American cars at this point.

And he types like a Goon. Truck wise. Always wanted a Toyota 4X4/ Hilux. Voted best Technicle for the last 22 years.

A lot of those Jap cars are made here.

Most people who say that are either just repeating what they hear other people say or are people who haven't updated their opinion since 1985 (and in most cases straight up refuse to update it no matter the contrary evidence).

whats really fucked you guys still want the "freedom" to drive in a straight line no faster than this and watch out the taxma,,,,,cops are there for "you".

why do you think rich people get drivers, because its a fucking game.

or try to tell me as we shell out for insurance, emissions, state or reg inspection, rode side help, and my personal favorite foreign gas in a gas making nation.

imo some of the coolest looking cars where those older wedge shaped ones. Now everything is shaped like a jellybean.

Stop this, for the love of god please just stop this. I get that it's a safety feature and the way it's meant to work but for fuck's sake it's just making things more fucking dangerous. Driving around tight corners on winding roads, I can't fucking see the oncoming lane because I've got a gigantic fucking window column obstructing my view.

If some retard going the other way isn't paying attention to the road and drifts into my lane because he's twiddling with his phone then I have no way of seeing that and evading it - my first (and probably last) knowledge of it will be the sudden blur I see out the window about half a second before impact as I come fully round the corner.

fixed, i know you american have trouble typing with fingers instead of thumbs

The sad fact of the matter is most people are entirely incapable of piloting a metal craft at high speeds in any capacity safely.

Buying used has become the only financially responsible option for the average consumer. Buying a new car these days is out of reach to the middle class.

The economic implications of this fact are dire.

Just as in the case of rent.

Some of us don't live down the street from work, while others don't work in such a dirty cesspool that our employers don't care if we drag outselves into work on a bike, dripping with sweat and wearing cheap track gear.

Such a job isn't a pipe dream, mind you. Fucking Walmart wouldn't stand for that.

i drive to my shit for money to, but i dont pretend im lovin it while doing it, especially in my overpriced, overtaxed, overregulated peice of shit thats not even metal anymore were paying 40k for plastic and shiny balls. FOR FUCKING PLASTIC YOU DUMB BURGER.

you guys are always the same he doesent like driving he must not drive, fucking pricks are the reason car commercials are for retards

you eat up all those big horse power numbers youll never use for more than 10 seconds in a fit of rage.

AND I FORGOT YOU

That plastic you hate so much is there to reduce deceleration forces, so you don't die.

heres one for ya champ, rode deaths had steadly gone up since you guessed more shits on the rode, but hey keep dreaming when the announcer from ford says " five star safety super rating"

just like everyone elses fvie star, they cant lie can they.

again the reason the commercials are retarded is you comrad

No you colossal faggot, i'm of average height, not fat, and i fucking hate having yoga my way into teeny tiny fucking dinky toy cars.

I'm speaking from personal experience.
That impact foam has saved my life.

So I take it you're the "BIG CARS MAKE YOU A FAG" faggot on a new VPN?

all I want in a daily is decent EFI that isn't tied into anything, AC, a 5-6 speed manual, decent safety rating and ABS.
can't get anything close to that these days without so much bullshit tied into the system.
if it wasn't for the rust I'd drive my ford mazda shitbox another 200k, I'm perfectly comfy with it.

get one with some miles on it and save 3-4k. base model nissan interior is shit fyi, their low end "bucket" seats hold onto you less than many office chairs.

Yeah that sucks though.

no again because you have trouble i see,

buying something so outrageously overpriced because you think they actually did R&D, and safety rating, and emission passes.

but hey you stupid burger turned the car market into the phone market, one new one every year that says it smashes the competition but does the same exact thing just more shine and polish. sound familiar.

and the best part is you probably bought foreign so you pride in another nations car is baffling. and if you bought local we gave them billions of dollars to stay afloat wheres the free cars.

>>>/somethingawful/

new tech is always improving phones, hell just pay attention to the jewgle nexus devices and you can see all the fucking improvements right there.

fucking pussy, real men drive cars with a bare minimum of 7 liters of displacement.

What non-harmful car manufacturers are even left these days? Seems like every other brand with good reputation is being bought by chinks, and the rest move their factories to chinkland anyway.

Today there are a few decent cars, especially on the used market. But 10, 20 years from now when we need a new car, what will we buy?

REEEEE

My grandparents recently gave me their '99 Land Cruiser 100. It's a fucking awesome car, but it was in sort of bad shape; blown hydraulic struts, cracked CV boots, busted ball joint boots, etc. Surprising it ran so well. Every time I fix something I realize something else is broken.

But god damn it, this car is right in the sweet spot of having EFI yet not being a piece of shit hackable cell-phone-on-wheels and it's by far the best car I've ever owned in terms of reliability, offroad capability, etc. I'm going to try and keep this thing running up until 500,000 miles (which apparently is feasible) so I don't have to deal with modern car bullshit.

How many miles are currently on it?

And yeah, I've got a friend with a '99 Land Cruiser. He swears on them as being the best cars ever made, and similarly rabbits on about the lack of electronics being part of what makes them so good. Been thinking of getting one myself in the future.

Well that explains all the fucking goons around here with their 'christcuck' and 'kike on a stick' maymay.

Then call it Diesel Fuel, Faggot.

feels good.

When the Chinese or Indians start building reliable cars, even a 9 year old will have one, much like smartphones today.

Oh and always buy used or learn how to fix cars. I got a perfectly good luxury car that was sold WAY below what it was really worth because the previous owner wasn't intelligent enough to figure out what was wrong with it and fix it himself.

Yeah, I do not understand the obsession with new cars.

I recently bought a used MX-5 Miata for my wife's son and he loves it.

The Volkswagen Beetle (officially the Volkswagen Type 1, informally in Germany the Volkswagen Käfer and in the U.S. as Volkswagen Bug) is a two-door, four passenger, rear-engine economy car manufactured and marketed by German automaker Volkswagen (VW) from 1938 until 2003.[10]

The need for this kind of car, and its functional objectives, were formulated by the leader of Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler, who wanted a cheap, simple car to be mass-produced for the new road network of his country. Hitler contracted Ferdinand Porsche in 1934 to design and build it.[11] Porsche and his team took until 1938 to finalise the design. The influence on Porsche's design of other contemporary cars, such as the Tatra V570 and the work of Josef Ganz remains a subject of dispute. The result was one of the first rear-engined cars since the Brass Era. With 21,529,464 produced,[12] the Beetle is the longest-running and most-manufactured car of a single platform ever made.

==
It has been brought to peoples attention (in a news paper article only) that the original idea for the car was designed by Joseph Ganz, a Jewish engineer.[16] His idea is claimed to be stolen by Adolf Hitler after seeing the car at an auto show in 1933 and it is said that Ganz has been written out of the history books but further evidence would be needed to conclude this as fact. In April 1934, Adolf Hitler gave the order to Ferdinand Porsche to develop a Volkswagen (literally, "people's car" in German, pronounced [ˈfɔlksvaːɡən]).[17] The epithet Volks- literally, "people's-" had been previously applied to other Nazi-sponsored consumer goods such as the Volksempfänger ("people's radio"). There followed, in May 1934, a meeting at Berlin’s Kaiserhof Hotel at which Chancellor Hitler provided Porsche with more details, insisting on a basic vehicle, capable of transporting two adults and three children at 100 km/h (62 mph) while not using more than 7 litres of fuel per 100 km (32 mpg US/39 mpg UK).[11] The engine had to be powerful enough for rapid sustained cruising on Germany’s new Autobahnen. Everything had to be designed to ensure worn out parts could be quickly and inexpensively exchanged. The engine had to be air-cooled because, as Hitler explained, not every country doctor had his own garage (back then ethylene glycol antifreeze was uncommon; and was only just beginning to be used in high-performance liquid-cooled aircraft engines; generally, radiators were filled with plain water, which would freeze unless kept in a heated building overnight or drained and refilled every morning).[18] The "People's Car" would be available to citizens of Nazi Germany through a savings scheme, or Sparkarte (savings booklet),[19] at 990 Reichsmark, about the price of a small motorcycle. (The average weekly income was then around 32RM.)[20]

Look I think the reason is that the Car Comapanies are forcing advertisments to woman saying "Our Car is safe and economical and had GPS and Bluetooth and stuff other cars don't" its also why you have people buying the latest phone
I'm happy enough with my '97 323
Also

I was considering them till I noticed they're technically motorcycles and I can't be bothered to get an extra license.

Car "culture" is fucking cancer, they're tools just like guns.

Bunch of fucking crooks. Toyota tried to scam a friend of mine recently. Told her that she needed thousands of dollars in repairs or she would ruin her engine. She went and got a second opinion. Turns out, all she needed was a new fuel filter.

except for the GT86/FR-S/BRZ which will go up in price after production finally ends.

It's really about buying what people want to customise and keeping a pristine low-milage example.

Especially the BRZ

The exception that proves the rule.

For a car that everyone was yelling about for years. It sure isn't selling very well.

Maybe if they put something in it other then a fucking naturally aspirated i4 that barely even has 150 lb-ft of torque

Honestly happy maintaining my high mileage '99 Chevy Monte Carlo.

Had a new car about seven years ago, wasn't worth the payments.

Also my car is old enough I don't have to worry about it narcing on me for driving habits or whatever.

Fully expecting that within 15 years we will see mileage based taxes (gps enforced)

Within 30 years a general ban on private vehicle ownership (exceptions for small businesses)

Huge expansion of vehicle sharing (where you don't own the vehicle)

Driverless vehicles (already getting out there early with fake stories like the Seal Team Six (fake) guy that was killed. You gotta control that story of the first death from driverless vehicles, never let a story happen organically when you can make it happen first and control every aspect

why would Toyota do that when you can buy a lexus RCF?

Why would Subaru do that when you can buy an impreza?

Why would Scion do that when Toyota of america are shutting them down because nobody cares about scion?

GET HYPE

Also it isn't an i4, Subaru designed it.

It's a Horizontally opposed 4 cylinder like a porche or an old F1 car or a beetle.

We'll end up like in the fucking Demolition Man movie.

Are you what I think you are?

I bought one of them new Polos for 18k because my old rustbucket was coming apart and I love it.
I bought a diesel because fuck butthurt hippies.

Soviet cars are loud as shit and robust as fuck, and just like all soviet shit, they're made to be fixed by applying some force and in general can endure anything. As long as you know how to fix them up, they'll work pretty much forever. If a drunk vatnik can fix this shit while half asleep, so can you.

the nissans and their plastic dashboards are great, saved my mom's life. The whole dashboard disintegrates to save the passenger.

youtube.com/watch?v=73zDrVMyWOU
youtube.com/watch?v=joMK1WZjP7g

What in the fuck does that even mean? WW2 propaganda is actually pissing me off.

save fuel, carpool.

But on the other hand…
I mean, having Hitler ride shotgun is pretty rad. Also explains the strong urge to reunite Great Germany whenever I'm taking my car for a spin.

well, when real wages haven't gone up much in 40+ years and have completely been outpaced by inflation… most families can't afford a lot of what they could in the 70's…

Shame that new diesels are strangled with DPFs, Adblue, cats, and other upcoming emissions shit. Old ones you can run on just about any old oil and were tough as nails. VWs PD engines were much better than the current common rail models but "Muh emissions" were too high so now unit injection is dead.

I wouldn't be paying you if you were making such a piss-poor attempt at being a shill, schlomo.

Hmm.

Hmm.

I have a 6 year old Renault Clio that I've barely driven, got it for free too, kinda feel guilty about not using it much over the last two years since many guys My age would kill for their first car to be free. But I'm getting my permit next week,so that's gonna change.

When will this meme end? There's been a full generation between these populations, and sixty years olds are unlikely to be much of the Holla Forums userbase.

Are you retarded?

whos jewing who

Look at it like this.

Fairly average, run-of-the-mill, still conventionally attractive, modest make-up usage.
Likely works at some quiet, modestly paying job, like a café, library, etc.
Probably spends her weekend watching Netflix or some other menial but enjoyable, low-effort activity.
Probably plans to settle down and get married, perhaps having children.

Viewed as very attractive by the general populous, caked in make-up.
Either works in a profession like modelling, or simply sponges off of the men they meet at clubs.
Spends almost all of their spare time out clubbing the whole weekend, drinking and flirting with various men, likely bedding them too.
Doesn't know where they will see themselves in the future.

Which one of these women would you rather get into a relationship with?

hows the cuck life treating you?

Don't be fooled. If she has it caked on she's a homely cunt.

I know that, you know that, but the majority of people, the same that listens to pop music, don't seem to know that.

Yeah, but you can't go racing friendo. Checkmate!

Lol your not biased at all now are you.

I created a thread to try to understand this concept that I have been questioning for the last hour or so:

Well, whatever you do, stay away from that type. I'd rather fuck a hamster now.