ITT overrated movies

I'll start.

these tbh

the bank scene is underrated

which one?

The Plane Scene prequel.

Movies in general are overrated. Minecraft let's plays are the only true kino left in the world.

see

oh yeah. I'm honestly surprised it didn't become more of a meme with classic lines such as

This is seriously one of the most overhyped, by-the-numbers, unbelievably dull sacks of shit I've ever seen in my life.

American Psycho seriously should have won Best Picture. Fuck this garbage.

“Overrated” is just a buzzword hipsters use for everything that is popular. You have no valid criticism whatsoever. You only bitch about what other people think about it.

all of them

This movie is absolutely trash. The action scenes are lame, the cinematography and set design are crap, and the political commentary is ridiculous. Unlike the first one, this one is pure schlock.

Oh well. Should've seen that coming.

12 Angry Men and Seven Samurai definitely aren't overrated.

Anything by this hack fraud.

OH NO (YOU) DIDNT

Let me guess 12 monkeys and 3 Amigos are your other favorite movies

If anything it's highly underrated due to its real nature "hidding" (not really) behind its action movie facade

Now this one is a real stinker, only the squirrel, the obnoxious jew (Rodney) and 2 scenes from Chevy were good. Which make only 5 to 8 minutes of the movie

dood my dad used to think this was hilarious

This one.

Your da must have been a frisky teenager, the movie is not that different from that Clueless movie/series, with the exception that you can see real tits and raunchy sex scenes in Caddy, and golf club kids instead of spoiled 90's kids
It's a youth summer flick, i have to say it's not BAD but it's not the classic that i hear all the time, like Ghostbusters for example

Here's another one, good enough but come on now, not the best Korean grim flick by a distance

I saw this like 10 years ago with my sister and thought "why is this such a cult movie, it was mostly garbage with a pair of pointy tits and some funny jokes from Dangerfield"

isn't that all movies made in Hollywood?

Pretentious love story with a boring protagonist and an unlikeable love interest.
Almost three hours of boring unrelated scenes with no cohesive plot and boring characters.
There is about five minutes worth of interesting scenes in this movie and the rest is filler.
Same as above, at least it looks nice though.
It's like City of God except with way less characters and a narrative that is far less interconnected (I know that City of God came afterwards but it just makes Goodfellas look really boring in comparison).

Wasn't that back when medieval action movies were just getting good so they were somewhat of a novelty? I can understand watching it today and feeling disappointed after all the hype but back in the day it was awesome.

Bill Murray was funny but in general it was pretty boring. Happy Gilmore was better

No matter how "awesome" people might have thought it to be, it's still shit compared to American Psycho. Fuck the Academy.

Wrong.

Agree with this 100%

Don't agree with OP. Aliens is a trendsetter, track-layer, and a stand out piece from its time.

i disagree about the good, the bad and the ugly.

I cry everytime

How can a movie not well know outside the U.S. be overrated? at least in terms of an international userbase

normally i would let this slide but

are not overrated whatsoever

Oh I get it, it's a troll thread. You got me this time you dirty troll! ;^)