How soon until Hollywood star cashing in on 2000s nostalgia...

How soon until Hollywood star cashing in on 2000s nostalgia? After Power Rangers we already getting a dark & edgy live action Captain Planet reboot. 90s nostalgic reboot appears to be the next big trend. I wouldn't be surprised if Yu-Gi-oh gets a dark & edgy Power Rangers style live action reboot one day.

Why yugioh and not bayblade?

You would prefer spinning tops over cgi monter battles?

Beyblade starring Mel Gibson

Make this happen meme magic.

Logically speaking, another decade. I've already figured out an algorithm to this nostalgia-cashing Hollywood tends to do:

Oh, and Yu-Gi-Oh was already pretty dark and edgy to begin with. "Shadow Realm", dark magical forces, holographic monsters, emo antiheroes, the list goes on. It's not necessarily 2edgy4me levels of edgy, but the darkness was always there. It was just fucking cool.

Won't happen. It's Japanese and the Japanese have become weary about selling film rights to Hollywood studios in the wake of the absolute disaster that was Dragon Ball Evolution. The way they like to handle rights issues in America is not the way they like to do it in Japan. In Japan the original creators in the very least like to keep their hand in the production. In America, you sell the rights, you collect the money and then the studio has complete creative freedom to fuck up your work in any way it chooses.

MOTHERFUCKING STREETSHARKS

The Jews will probably green light a Gargoyles, Max Landis, movie

This is the thread were people pretend Yugioh wasn't dark and edgy?

i mean, i'd watch the shit out of that
especially if they use 2d characters for the monsters instead of shitty cgi/live action costumes
imagine some gook with crazy hair surrounded by a bunch of huge god cards
think of all the great moments we could have, heck, live action would actually be good, maybe we'd get better acting and character development
but of course, that would all be a good thing, so we're not gonna get it

what the fuck was marik then
nigga stabbed his dad with the millenium rod

Oh shit, I forgot about that. :P It's been a while since I've actually seen the show… Though I don't think the movie adaptation would go straight to Marik as an antagonist. I'm sure they'd sooner adapt a condensed version of season 1 on Pegasus' island.

Did he ever actually do anything on the animu? Because besides taking Pegasus' eye I just remember he being all "bwahahah these fools don't even realize I'm a VILLAIN!" but never even actually fighting anyone.

I think he was the final antagonist, or near enough, in the fucking insane Millennium World arc, which is the final arc

>>>/gaschamber/

I have a hard time believing anyone could be nostalgic for the 00's.

he mind controlled people i guess
no clue what else he did though, i never bother to finish any of the yugioh series, although i somehow stomached through GX
bakura always seemed like the guy with the better backstory for a villain, no clue why marik was the big bad

He wasn't. It was just that arc

I'd rather it were 2000 right now than 2017

I'd rather get punched in the face than shot.

original yugioh was already maximal edge

Just like the japs would nevertheless okay a ghost in the shell movie staring a Jewishness actress.

The 2000s were great years, thinking back on them. Better TV Shows, Better Video Games, I was ten years younger. The culture hadn't completely gone to shit, at least not until about 2007, when the economy coincidentally decided to pack it up, but by then the 2000s were nearly over anyway. Sure there was bad stuff, 9/11, other terrorist attacks, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. But, like I said, I'd much rather it were 2000-2007 than the shit show that was 2010-2017

The film rights to Ghost in the Shell (along with Akira, Cowboy Bebop and a few others) were already sold before Dragon Ball Evolution stunk up the Box Office in 2009. As far as I'm aware, Takahashi hasn't sold the live action film rights for Yu-Gi-Oh and given the absolute failure that Dragon Ball Evolution was, he's probably unlikely to. It's not like he needs the money anyway

YuGiOh has already had 2 edgy as fuck movies with a third on the way.

Live Action 5Ds would be maximum edge, so meme it Anons.

>>>/a/

Like I said
>>>/gaschamber/

Wait what about that Sonic the Hedgehog movie?

You fool, Holla Forums will become yet another /a/ colony just like Holla Forums!

>>>/a/