Quirky movies for the intellectual hipster

quirky movies for the intellectual hipster

Bottle rocket and Rushmore were kino, everything after is a slow spiral into pretentious dogshit.

What the fuck are you doing?

this

I've been looking forward to watching that one. Is it any good?

Oh shit it's Joe West! Didn't know he did musicals.

Holy Mountain

What's wrong with these movies?

I found the original unreleased poster.

Every single coming of age movie ever.

other people like them.

Scott Pilgrim and any movie with Michael Cera.

Scott Pilgrim was good tho

I'm starting to think the original ending was a lot more fitting.

Somewhere also exists the original Mallrats movie that was so bad the studio made him go back and reshoot 75% of it.

Leafposter pls go
>>>/cuckshed/

perfect choice right here fam

see it for yourself, but i think you can sum it as "let's cram as many beatles song we can, binding them with the least amount of plot possible".

extremely mainstream films for peppy musical theater enthusiasts… not hipster

good film, but too well known now to be hipster

same as above

You seem to think your middle aged midwestern uncle is a hipster. He isn't.

children's films almost universally derided. Hollywood cash ins. Basically the antithesis of hipster films

you guys appear to have no idea what a hipster is. SAD.

Doesn't it have to be non-mainstream to count?

liking something ironically is still hipstery

Half of those are frat boy Apatow movies

Hipsters only like things ironically if doing so makes them look cool. This usually relies on camp and obscurity of the material. If you like episode one, even ironically, you'll just look autistic.

Would mumblecore count as hipster?

Yes, exactly. Mumblecore is a key hipster film genre

I literally haven't watched a movie of his I hated.

Hated both of these.

This too.

Never Watched.

Slow but alright, I also wouldn't call a massivley cult movie like that "hipster" since it's pretty mainstream these days.

I literally haven't watched a movie of his I hated.

Hated both of these.

This too.

Never Watched.

Slow but alright, I also wouldn't call a massivley cult movie like that "hipster" since it's pretty mainstream these days.

I like Wes Anderson's movies. They're pleasing to look at and touching without being schmaltzy.

I fucking hated this movie so much I can't believe I got memed by my film student friend into spending an hour and a half of my life watching it.

To anyone reading this PLEASE do yourself a favor and do not even consider thinking about perhaps maybe wanting to start watching this movie for any reason. There is a point when measuring a film's quality where anything worse than it starts to become entertaining and anything better is more entertaining and this movie sits exactly on that point. It is the least enjoyable movie I have ever seen in my life and it is insultingly pretentious.

Heed my warning, Holla Forums