Downloading Tools

New year, new storage, continued wish to collect just about everything I see online. With that in mind I've made a list of apps (and maybe a service or two) that I use or want to try that help me in downloading what I want and I was hoping for your help with more suggestions. 

I use Windows and Android so all my listing will be those or cross-platform but feel free to give suggestions for other Operating Systems. 

Also, I am specifically looking for ways that assist in downloading things, so Netflix (which is awesome) doesn't count, but a way to capture Netflix steams do. The same thing with Kodi, it is definitely a must have app,  but by itself it only plays content, but a third-party addon may store something after it finishes streaming would certainly  count.

I am posting this on a few *Chan boards and subreddits but since it should be appropriate where I post I hope it doesn't come off too spammy.

I hope none of these break Fight Club rules.

Bittorrent: qBittorrent or uTorrent 2.2.1 for PC and Flud or LibreTorrent for Android

Usenet: You have to pay for access (and also to use some of the better sites) but get this setup right and content comes to you automatically with little effort. 

SABnzbd connected with Sonarr, Sickbeard or Sickrage for TV,  Couchpotato for Movies, Headphones for music, LazyLibrarian for ebooks and Mylar for comic books.  NZB Unity or NZB 360 help remotely manage some of the previously mentioned from Android. 

Other P2P: Do people still use eDonkey, DC++, RetroShare or others?

IRC: I know some fansub and scanslations groups still release on IRC using DCC but does any app allow queueing or make it simpler or quicker?

File lockers: Mega is the only site I know that has specific apps. MegaSync works ok if you import things to a synced folder but it obeys the new 5gb per day limit. MegaDownloader allows a queue and ignores the daily limitation. Some apps on PC and Android allow mounting various file lockers as network drives, personal favorite is ES Explorer Pro for Android.

FTP: Don't use it much (or nearly at all) but I hear Filezilla is basically undisputed king, feel free to correct me.

Website specialization

YouTube: Literally craploads. I use the Chrome Extension for IDM for this and make your other video streaming sites. Followed by YouTube-dl + front-end YouTube-DL-GTK. Savefrom.net being the web service I have used the most.

*Chan boards: fourchan-dl, Hydrus, chanthreadwatch and Ychan are apps to monitor and or download threads from mostly 4chan but some others as well.

Pixiv: PixivUtil is a command line app to mass download by member ID, tag, list and more

*Booru sites: imgbrd-grabber (Grabber) covers 18 preset sites and allows custom entries and will download from one or all sites by tag and for most sites (NOT Paheal) will structure the saved files in tag based folders. Danbooru Downloader is also a multi-site download client. I just wish something would continually get new images as they were posted say via RSS feed instead of intermittently running an app.

Fan Fiction sites: Fanfictiondownloader, FicSave, Faster Fanfiction Downloader, or Story Master

Reddit: for images only - Reddit Image Downloader or use IFTTT to collect images posted on subreddits to your Google Drive or other site.

DeviantART: DeviantART Favorites Downloader or DeviantART Spider

Manga: HakuNeko, Free Manga Downloader, DomDomSoft Manga Downloader and SUPER SHOUT-OUT to Android app MangaWatcher X which automatically can download issues from dozens of sites and multiple languages, most sources are free including a few hentai, only a handful cost. $1.49 gets you no ads (minimal anyway) and $2.49 unlocks all sources.

Streaming Music: DeezLoader and a mod of Pandora allows downloading.

Others of note:

Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a paid multi-thread downloader that can intercept downloads from browsers and can make the download faster plus the previously mentioned video downloading extention. 

Android Download Manager (ADM,  Pro especially) see above but for Android.

JDownloader 2: Haven't used it but hear good things but it may still feature unwanted adware

Wget, cURL and httrack are apps I've put off trying forever, don't really know why. 

Felistar: a Wget-like Web spider with a more modern UI 

KissAnime and KissCartoon websites get a shout for having download links built in only requiring a free account to use

I'm under Comcast's 1TB a month limit plus other users so I still have to be choosey but more options and more ease in collecting is always welcome!

Other urls found in this thread:

qbittorent.org/download.php
deluge-torrent.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

where the fuck do i get a torrent program that wont give me spyware keylogging trojan horse prolapse fucking my pc?

qbittorent.org/download.php

uTorrent has been pozzed for years.

You can use the FOSS NewPipe for Android for YouTube downloading. Get it from f-droid.org. One minor glitch it has is that it won't write directly to the SD card; it stores downloaded videos to its folder on the internal memory. So it's one extra step to move the files to your SD with the file manager.

deluge-torrent.org/

That's why I list uTorrent 2.2.1, it's the last version worth a shit

i stopped here user
kys

The hell I wouldn't! Give me a 3d printer that extrudes metal and I'll download a car, a gun and a Terminator holding a bat'leth!

Yeah, fuck me for using the most widely supported Operating System, and WINE isn't perfect before that gets brought up.

Everything you are trying to do in the OP can be accomplished using a GNU/Linux OS without Microsoft spying on you. Just stop.

Nope, most corrupt bought itself into education system and business by bribing IT staff. Microshit was the first one to pull a old Intel marketing trick. Aka massive bribing and fraud. 99% of servers run Linux nowadays.

Plenty of other operating systems have far more superior security and support then the poointheloo written WInshit xp/7/8/10.

Yes, only gaming genre is still writen for the cancerous windows environment, this is changing rapidly now since Win10 went the way of software as a service [saas].

My work desktop runs openBSD and the only thing i can't do on it is gaming or 'efficient' video editing. Using a energy hog to do basic work seems ridiculous. I have a Gaming desktop with a altered and neutered windows 7 that can't phone home.

These apps log ALL web browsing traffic. You have no privacy. They sell your data.

Use a secondary browser to put these ads into and only use them when you actually need to download a video or something. Download managers offer no benefit whatsoever compared to pre-2005. Built in download managers are sufficient.

Whelp, you build me an image of whatever distro you want with all the above tools / abilities setup, emulators for every system that's not Xbox (including WiiU) connects to my fitbit stuff, work flawlessly with my g-sync monitor and my Oculus Rift that arrives in two weeks. I'll wait.

Well, now you're adding capabilities. Haven't you ever heard of dual-booting? Keep a Windblows partition for your vidya, and use GNU/Linux for Internet things where privacy is paramount.

Emulation wasn't mentioned because that wasn't in the scope of the post but was relevant for why I run Windows, I also run Emby Server for myself, girlfriend and some family so I can't shut it down to switch OS's all the time. I could have gotten another pc to be a NAS or something but I chose to upgrade my shit and get the Rift, so discretionary funds are tight now

You can stream media right in VLC and you don't even have to change your family's OS because it's cross-platform.

I'm not going to try to convince you, it's obvious that privacy/security aren't a priority for you if you're still using Windows.

Have you heard of of Emby? A Plex alternative that lets whoever I want stream whatever they want from all my music, movies, TV shows and home videos without having to do any port forwarding. It's been a year since I last used VLC but when did it get those features? It runs on Linux, you should try it

Pretty comprehensive list OP; something I was shocked to find out, people still use the ancient file sharing protocol of eDonkey. As a matter of fact, it's the best chance I have to get a really obscure movie, I've been waiting for about two months to become available, the corresponding torrent has been seeded for a year.

hasn't*

what's wrong with Deluge?

also

thx op