I'm the guy with the AMD drivers problem

I'm the guy with the AMD drivers problem.
The thing is, I did what you told me and I purged the drivers.
It still doesn't work and now the resolution is all fucked up.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Radeon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try drilling a hole in the card to release any potential static buildup.

Lads just tell me the drivers for an AMD Radeon HD 6520G ;_;

Fuck you.
The problem I had in the first place is that I uninstalled the drivers like a nigger.
Then tried re-installing, it didn't work and you told me to purge it.
I purged the drivers, and I'm still in the same place as before. No result.

I didn't tell you shit nigger.

I mean "you" in plural, faggot.

Lads please.

The RAMDAC has dirty pages
Remove the heatsink and leave the card to air out overnight, then reattach it. Problem should fix itself

I'm using a laptop.
It won't be fixed because the thing is about drivers and software.
I'm not that dumb, man.

install gentoo

1.) Throw AMD card in designated waste disposal unit

2.) purchase an Nvidia card

Did you try going to your Laptops website and getting the OEM drivers instead?

In every single AMD based Laptop I have ever used the generic drivers from AMDs website always gave me issues. Wither it was unusual performance issues or fuckups like yours, I always have to get the drivers from my laptops driver page instead

It's like pottery.

here you go wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Radeon

Install the open source drivers, or else it will fallback to vesa.

You're dumb enough to post your tech support outside the sticky, so I don't doubt it.

No, fuck you. I just came from a friend's house after spending the whole afternoon trying to fix his new Debian installation just because nvidia decided to go full retard.

Debian will still freeze on executing glxinfo. Executing lspci will also freeze the terminal and prevent me from SIGKILLing the process (this also happened with nouveau as well). And HDMI output STILL doesn't work. I can't wait until an unfortunate update kills his whole system again, because that's what nvidia drivers do to Debian installations.

Didn't help that today Sid was utterly broken upstream and half of the DE packages would refuse to install for no reason at all. It just made everything way more difficult

Linus was right on giving the middle finger to Nvidia.

retard. Maybe if GNU/Linux has more than a 1 percent market share Nvidia wouldn't be treating their users like second class citizens
Meanwhile AMDs shit manages to fuck up even on Windows. Its so fucking bad its impressive

in b4 >but muh games

This is mistake #1