BASED SLIPSTREAM STRIKES AGAIN

Proprietary software in action!
theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/capcom_street_fighter_v/

Other urls found in this thread:

j00ru.vexillium.org/?p=783
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

With proprietary software you lose.

Retards deserve it

An incident like this is another good example to redpill normalfags on the fact that anti-virus programs do nothing.

Except it's not a virus and Steam is the best thing to happen to video games

But it is malware. You know that anti-virus programs deal with more than just viruses, right?

Why the fuck would anyone be concerned with this when they already have steam installed

Why the fuck would anyone be concerned with getting cancer if they already have cholera

Why would anyone care about not getting AIDS when they already have common cold?

Seriously, don't act like you give a shit all the sudden.

I'm reminded of Sony's rootkit. How is it that stingy Japanese companies always get caught installing rootkits on people's PCs?

Trust us, goy. Our Malrustein™ Security Center™ will protect you from any threat.

Your game has no rootkits; it must been one of your cracked torrents that caused this, you filthy pirate.

After all, Professional™ Commercial™ Software™ developed by a team of talented paid developers for a Professional™ Gaming™ Company™ would never harm your computer. They're good guys and know better than that.

Now go back to mashing those buttons, and stick to appstores next time, foolish goy.

What's smep?

Check out their popular websites. Their web design is still in 1998 Which is awesome

The thing that faults when users try to execute code in a higher ring. Meaning every program has kernel level access without them getting killed.

Sperm Meets Egg Plan
smep is supposed to keep you safe.

capcom disables it so it's safe for capcom's proprietary code to fuck you in the ass.

I think it's this:
j00ru.vexillium.org/?p=783

How is this even technically allowed? Shouldn't the OS outright block such an attempt unless the root password (or its equivalent on Windows) is given? And I sure as fuck wouldn't give my root password to a video game. This is literally malware.

Look up how to install XXY, or how to fix some bug in YYX ...
Yeah admin-rights are thrown around like it was nothing ...

Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?

Program name: Street Fighter™
Verified publisher: Capcom®
File origin: Hard drive on this computer

"Oh, verified publisher. Totally harmless update from my good friends at Capcom!"

OK

Better yet, look up people asking why UAC exists when they're logged in as admin to begin with.

Windows is really weird with its permission system, so much so that most games seem to demand admin privledges, for instance if you install your games to X:\ and Windows is installed on C:\, programs run from temp can;t even access %temp% without admin rights because it's a cross disk thing, which is stupid because that's the standard spot to place temporary files on that platform. There's a million other security quirks that make most devs just not even try when nobody will bat an eye at the UAC prompt.

I can;t imagine all the issues you'd have with making a networked game that interfaces with various controller hardware.

2016 YEAR OF THE GAMING VM

The MP5 is overrated, even if it has nice handling. Its just a bullet hose at the end of the day, you have a lot of other fine choices for much less cost. Also, guns are pretty pleb tbh, I use a katana myself.

Whew, Steamcucks BTFO once again.

This sounds like the basis for a class-action lawsuit. Didn't Sony get their asses sued off and lost over the BGM rootkit debacle?

glorious footage user

That was hilarious. I should really sharpen my katana.

You aren't funny. If this isbwhat you call humour, go watch Tim Vine