NextChan - A fork of Infinity Next

Let's try this again.

Some people from Holla Forums have forked infinity Next, the software that templates pages faster than Lynxchan despite being written in PHP.

The plans are to iron out bugs, clean up the codebase, add various features like PDF/epub support or a filtering system, and implement things like document caching.

github.com/nextchan/infinity-next

Please note, this is not linking to any imageboard.

This thread isn't harming the autistic sensibilities of those who suck the dick of a fat fuck businessman who wanted to rip off crowdfunders by closing up source code, and the administration in general.

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/nextchan/infinity-next
8ch.net/metatech/res/1286.html#1296
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am m712 and I approve of this message.

Haven't been to 16chan because Josh is a self-aggrandizing faggot, even if hot wheels was the one that broke the code. Does the front-end still look like web 2.0, and if so, any plans to make it look less shitty while retaining the improvements?

Because even though I liked some of the new features and top bar, his front-end was 90% cancer.

Holy shit dude, just use your own CSS.

Nice buzzwords you incompetent faggot.

faggots and pedos

As long as they aren't posting anything illegal, there's no problem.

The problem is that no one wants to get their technology news from a site full of faggots and pedos.

Except other faggots and pedos.

Yes it still looks like Holla Forums you salty bitch

Then obviously you can't get away from here fast enough :^)

Nah, we've done a relatively good job of purging them here. It's hilarious to watch them throw tantrums and make their own pedophile/sodomite friendly boards in response and cry about "MUH FREEZE PEACH" and then wonder why no one here wants them shitting up Holla Forums.

This isn't about free speech, this is about a businessman who is a fucking faggot, and his little goblin helper.

Oh, and improving good software.
But the need for that falls on anonymous posters instead of the original maintainer due to said fat fuck businessman and his goblin.

Bruh, the CSS has always been the least of Next's concerns. It's still missing a shitload of features, and the catalog looks and works like complete ass.

As opposed to vichan/infinity's catalog which can't even seem to share hidden posts between the index and catalog?

Missing features will come.
They don't automatically write themselves.
Please suggest features in the issue tracker. I'm adding epub and pdf file validation tomorrow, for example. epub thumbnailing was already merged months ago.
Simple features but it takes someone to do the work.

Which reminds me, when I do the SCSS transition I might as well fix the templates for autists complaining about list elements in their text browser.

8ch.net/metatech/res/1286.html#1296

we epub now

He didn't, and I wish Josh retards would stop saying that.

One of the first things you learn about making big software projects is that you don't have to optimize everything about it unless you really need it, otherwise you get burnt out. HW made a small silly unoptimized script for something that would be run 50 times every hour at best, and thus, despite being slow, it made no difference at all since it wouldn't put much load on the CPU.

I'm not gonna blame Josh for fucking up with the captcha, since it was something that could be easily overlooked, but blaming HW for HIS mistake is pretty stupid. He took a piece of code not meant to be run too often, and made it run for every page generation. That's stupid, and worst of all is he pretends that it was HW's fault for not optimizing the script and not his fault for not optimizing his page generation algorithm to only generate a captcha when needed, much in the way halfchan did to prevent harmode Google Captcha. None of this would have happened if he decided to make the captcha load when the user started writing (or, for JSless users, on posting), but instead he decided to make it generate a captcha for every page a lurker opened. I would say, even with a C-based Brennan captcha, that was not a smart choice all around.

No, he made it run once per session.
Hotwheels and Josh logged into the admin accounts gleefully unaware that the captcha settings they both agreed on, primarily because general duplicate post detection was not implemented at that point, were raping the available resources.
They were also debugging under admin accounts, go figure.
If they had logged out and seen the response time for the captchas it might've been a clue.

All in all it's a sad saga of incompetence, greed and IRC drama.

Greed being the refusal for any of NTTEC's contractors to work on the software.

But looking at their handywork with their latest NT TECHNOLOGY APPROVED FORK, and infinity in general, and the credit card leaks, I wouldn't let them touch any of my projects even if they worked for free. I know that for sure.

Next/tech/ somehow manages to be miles worse than this one, and /t/ does its best to surpass Next/tech/ in its shittiness. Between both boards, I would say there are around 5 interesting threads, and that's saying something.

Post something, then.
Obviously there's not many users since Jim dicksuckers went into a hissy fit.

go back to half/g/ you cunt

I'm not sure it's that easy. /t/ seems to be foreverially doomed to be dead since most people will try out Holla Forums first, and Holla Forums has an earrape color scheme and terrible moderation. Like, 70% of the posts on Holla Forums are memeposting, and not necessarily technology related memeposting. There are fucking Cirno image dumps, for fuck's sake. As much as I love the ⑨, it says quite a bit about the BO and how much of a fuck he gives about his own board.

Nah, I like it here. I bet you don't browse next/tech/ or /t/, anyway, or else you would know how shitty they are. Yeah, even half/g/ is better than these boards, if only because they at least talk about things tangentially related to technology.

Yeah this is why you don't advertise boards to faggots.
The admin should take the board away from the owner, and fuck the freechfags.
They spent two threads playing incompetent, adding stupid rules, to make sure it stays shitty.

Also

next/tech/ specifically, that is

/t/ is not run by freech and its posts are also pure zero effort memeposting.

>TempleOS thread as much as I love Terry A. Davis, there is nothing much to discuss about the OS

It's not that it is dead, it's that it's dead AND the few threads it has suck.

Looking at the boards directory, there is only one that seems to give a fuck about whatever they are doing, but it's dead, and the rest are either shit or 100% dead with a single thread posted at best. Nextchan as a whole, right now, seems both dead (not slow like Uboachan, just plain dead) and shit. It has neither of the things small imageboard communities have, and that's worrisome.

I'm not sure what could you do about it, though. Since the community is already made of retards, I doubt you could even make a new board with sane moderation policies unless you want autists to complain about muh freeze peach every time you delete their meme template thread #17303. Getting a sudden influx of non-stupid users seems to be the only way out of there, but what are the chances?

The only good thing I found there was this lewd Clownpiece.

Yeah, well Holla Forums was also slow as fuck at one point. We made it our home, it requires that sort of threshold of idealistic, occasionally interesting faggots instead of annoying 13 year olds who are there to red text and sperg.

Holla Forums at first used to be a website for circlejerk communities (like /legion/) or as a backup/reinforcement forum for outsider communities. It also had its own small native boards, which I assume were as slow as Nextchan boards are right now. Then GamerGate happened, and Holla Forums got itself a stable, diverse and relatively fast community, but that was a one-off thing that could only have happened by pure chance.

Thing is, Nextchan has started wrongly. It didn't start out "slow, but decent" like Holla Forums did. It has directly jumped into "we imported the worst shitposters from Holla Forums and threw them in there". If we do nothing to stop this, it will either die out of excessive shitposting, or it will turn into a shitposting imageboard.

Which, again

But on the other hand Holla Forums is the board for shitposters from 4chan, technically.
The problem is that it's about ideals, and not about sperging about every little hotpocket action.
There's a line to be crossed, and it's not deleting a bunch of redtext from a 13 year old, for example, or deleting relevant imagedumps.
Perhaps it'd be better to implement ghost functionality in Next, like many have suggested.

Well, it's more like the "people too extreme for 4chan" imageboard. 4chan is already made of pure, unfunny shitposting. As shit as Holla Forums has gotten, it still has a much better general level of quality than 4chan has.

People will complain about hotpockets no matter what, user. They are hotpockets after all, they are there to be hated, whether they do nothing or they do something.

You mean the "moderated / unmoderated" board view switch?

Ghosting requires moderation.
On archives, it's meant to refer to posts made from the archive's side, but obviously don't show up on the site it's archiving.
But yes, basically.
Instead of 'muh censorship' they can get fucked.

Also, this is something Holla Forums will never be able to implement, because they've thus far refused to touch the vichan schema because it's so fucked.
I have some reservations about the database choice made by nextchan, postgres, considering the binary sql problems the migration had with it, but if it becomes a problem they can fork core laravel I suppose. Not unfixable.

Bump.

bump.bmp

wew

the file size limit on the Nextchan instance has been raised to 32MB if you wanna try out posting big files

IS
JOSH
INVOLVED

No

then I am interested, please do go in

AHAHHAHAHAH!

Why does she have an IV?

She got a virus

Last I checked (which was a long time ago, I admit) my own CSS was superior to kappa, and well commented for easy customization for normies that can't into CSS. After Infinity Never didn't pan out, I quit working on it because I'm a self-centered asshole. :^) I switched to writing CSS for endchan instead. Then we ended up staying on Holla Forums, so I quit working on that too. Such is life as an autist.
It'd be better if the UI just didn't look like dogshit in the first place. I was able to put up with switching from halfchan to fullchan, and I was able to deal with lynxchan. But Infinity Next was absolute shit and had the worst imageboard design I've ever seen. The only good design idea Josh had was the dropdown board list. He had great feature ideas, but he's shit at making things actually look good for the end user.

I was mostly referring to the catalog. The catalog took the longest for me to get looking good, and it was still shitty. Then he went and broke my css, and I never went back and fixed it.

It doesn't really matter that much. Josh is still a dick and a lolcow that I don't trust.

I know some php, how do i contribute flawless and well written code?

these do not belong together

Submit a pull request.

Or if you're autistic:

s/autistic/a person who wants m712 to see their pull request/

stop forking that fucking uttershit of a chan engine

take you fedoras with you and start implementing a true next chan engine, fucking autistic people

Next templates faster than Lynxchan.

Try not to kill yourself over the fact that not everyone bought the Cripple and Jim's bullshit farce.

low quality b8 m8 you almost got me

Jinja2 is slow as shit, I know, because I use it for work.
Whatever Lynxchan uses to template it's slower than some PHP web application on top of Blade PHP templating, which is a joke.
Golang probably templates faster tho.

And honestly it doesn't matter because the end goal is to use ESI in conjunction with document caching above the application.

bump for cripple captcha

yay nextchan has become super slow just like 16chan did
rip

Who could have imagined?

idk, judging by this thread it's filled with even more cancer than 8ch

I'd rather stick a bsd up my pisser

Sped up by turning off the captcha completely.

Also, still no document caching comparable to Lynxchan and Infinity.

It won't be long, though.
Because top men are working on it.

Who?

Top. men.

I hope this gets the pedos caught.

We document caching now.

Holla Forums plz go.

sorry, i wont visit
C P C H A N
P
C
H
A
N

You had no problem visiting Holla Forums from before the purge, I take it?

Is there any tech imageboard left that isn't overrun by pedophiles or their targets?

m712 is purging the pedophiles as we speak.
Deus vult.

Purged. :^)
not really. I just cleared the linkspam/illegal shit. i haven't decided on purging them yet.

/hebe/ wasn't the second most popular board here in jimchan.
:^)

It might have been traffic-wise, actually.

It was THE most popular board traffic-wise.
Jim probably purged them because it knocked a bit off their bandwidth bill, tbh.
Josh and Cripple talked about the fact that using apachetop showed that it was the most popular board.

bump because the other is a duplicate thread

CERN is a conCERNing me

It's pretty funny, but the reason it's faster (even when executing this beautiful, elegant example of captcha generation on each new session, see pic related) is because Lynx chose the absolute slowest fucking way to do it.

He's literally parsing the document and adding to it instead of using a templating language, let alone templates that can be compiled.

bumping for input

How? Do you compile it?

How? Do you compile it?

In a way, yes. The compiled PHP templates are faster than the way Lynx does his templating. The comparison is between how fast Lynxchan templates vs how fast Next templates. Next has always been faster, because Lynx does it in the absolute slowest way. The only reason you don't notice is that it's immediately cached.
Next has always been missing a document cache above the application.

It's Trash.

In fact, the way Lynxchan is slower than Next even though it's doing the following:
1. checking if the user is authenticated/has permission to view many number of individual bits of the page (IP address of the post, various moderator actions, etc) each time. Because of Next's stringent permission system, it is possible to not allow authenticated users to perform various actions.
2. templating the posts
3. templating the postbox (again, checking for various authentication/permissions)
4. drawing and manipulating 900 or so pixels in PHP (and some in GD) on each new session.
5. probably more intricacies that I'm missing. also keep in mind that much of this is done with dependency injection "magic."

so yeah. lynxchan is slow as fuck.

I think the admin of the instance just needs to fix the Tor posting bits. Right now it's a hardcoded URL to 16chan, instead of the hidden service.
He probably won't enable Tor image posting, for now, though. Considering that the site was just shut down for a month thanks to fat fuck child molestors acting like they were entitled to post their child models.

FIX IT

99% of cp posters are vpn users, not Tor users. Blocking Tor is blocking privacy and freedom.

I'm guessing that you're archiverfag. The pedophile who was responsible for advertising his /hebe/ board to masterchan and ultimately getting the site shitcanned the first time.
I'm not the admin, but have you tried killing yourself?

No I'm not that faggot. I just thought we should start of this site with some Freedoms instead of blocking the 2 million daily users of Tor who just want some privacy.

They're not blocked, they're redirected to the hidden service. It just so happens that the hidden service is not configured yet, and it's using a hardcoded onion link that was used on 16chan, which is obviously down.

they are re-directed to 16chan's hidden service.

Please, ffs enable Tor posting on the clearnet site. .onions are shit slow and clearnet tor posting was fine with the original nextchan.

76chan GET

Hello?

Are you m712?

No.

This was fixed.