Welcome to the botnet

There is no escape. Intel has a botnet inside your hardware.

libreboot.org/faq/#intelme

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/gnu/
archive.fo/odfu2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Management_Mode
raptorengineering.com/TALOS/prerelease.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMA_attack
archive.is/eP23S
jwz.org/blog/2015/04/i-told-you-so-again/
crowdsupply.com/raptorcs/talos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of all the possibilities, they choose fucking Java...

Why not? Java is the designated language

OP, you forgot to mention the part where the ME runs on a seperate processor architecture that was originally designed for the Super Nintendo

libreboot.org/gnu/

Which one is the insane tranny "leader"?

You forgot to mention GNU is also botnet now because SystemD is a botnet even though its open source and it totally wants to subjugate all of Ganoo slash linux

Richard Stallman proves that no matter what, with Jews you lose
Holla Forums was right again

Designated shitting language

Threadly reminder that libreboot is run by a mentally ill man
archive.fo/odfu2

Bitches need to leave identity politics out of my tech

x86, nsa/mossad botnet since 1993
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Management_Mode

systemd is not part of the GNU project, and I like to bear the "innocent until proven guilty" mindset.

uwot m8 GNU has their own init system written in Guile called Shepherd.

Check out GuixSD, it really is a very cool idea.

POWER is blob free nigga.

Fund it:
raptorengineering.com/TALOS/prerelease.php

This: , there's already been something similar in everything since the 486. Anyone know if ARM or the PowerPC Macs are affected by something similar? As those are the main options right now for immediately available x86 alternatives that could possibly be more powerful/accessible than a pre SMM 486.

Systemd has problems. Botnet isn't one of them.

You're a botnet.

m8s I was joking except for the last part

what if i just turn off my fucking modem?

You don' t have nothing to hide, right goyim?

We have this thread every week and you morons say nothing new except tinfoil hyperbole

486 chip can't be at the same level of botnet as recent Intel chips, even if it does have some degree of it.
Of course, it's better if you can avoid it entirely, but that's very difficult unless you can manage to get by entirely with old 80's or early 90's computer.

Then it's just a backdoor :^)

[citation needed]

Why would they need a virtual machine on their own hardware?

6/49
Windows 7 for work shit only on a separate hdd
Youtube for Terry A Davis Live Stream
Android (no google) for comfy shitposting
Steam for gaymen on Linux
Ghostery
Intel for muh 3D rendering on i7-4790 (work)

Programs running in SMM have complete access to everything and even your OS kernel is kept from reading any RAM allocated for SMM use by the firmware. It's almost there.

I don't think ARM would have added something like that as quickly due to what it has been used in.

There aren't really any good ARM mobos available though.
Gigabyte do one, but it's horridly expensive, and only for bulk industrial customers.

Go away libreboot tranny

Not "ARM" but Chinese made ARM SoC's.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMA_attack

Because the ME CPU is a SPARC :^)

There are however plenty of ARM based SBCs and other devices that while weak could still be an improvement if they aren't affected by something similar.

A crazy tranny is the worst endorsement one could get.

Should be for

These guys are small time.

Cloud computing is the real step in gaining control.

How much firmware is in the 486 though? If it's not enough to fit a mini OS and TCP/IP network stack + network drivers for all common devices, then I don't care as much. My first PC was a 486DX 33 Mhz desktop and I used 14.4K and 28.8K modems, then cheapass NE2000 clone card. But if I used an obscure network card, how would the firmware even handle it? It can't even expect what OS I'm using, since I can put old school Minix on there, or even CP/M-86 or Plan 9. And is there even room in the 486 firmware to be intelligent enough to handle all that? I'm guessing modern Intel firmware is several orders of magnitude more powerful, and can do wtf it wants without any assistance from your OS.

For ARM stuff, I think some of the Cubie boards can boot OpenBSD without blobs, but you just don't get GPU support then. Not a big deal if you only want a network appliance, or very basic desktop. For a long time anyway I used NVidia T61 with just the Vesa X server, and it was ok.

ARMv7 and before might be safe so long as the user has full control over TrustZone and isn't locked out of it by blobs (most devices) or lack of manufacturer documentation (some SBCs like the BeagleBone). TrustZone does have a Secure Monitor mode, but in ARMv7 (and applicable ARMv6 cores) it runs at the same privilege level as the secure world kernel and I can't find anything that indicates the secure world kernel can't read the memory used by the Secure Monitor. ARMv8 however does put the Secure Monitor at a higher privilege level and the documentation on ARM's site does seem to indicated that software running at lower privilege levels can't access the memory used by the Secure Monitor. If ARMv7 is in fact safe then the current Asus C201 would be a great place to start as it is supported by LibreBoot which should give the user full control over TrustZone and appears to be decently powerful which should put it above the 10+ year old PowerPC Macs.

It does not use libreboot, tpearson has stated that the tranny is wrong to state that.

Isn't hiding in plain sight better?

It does use libreboot: as a marketing platform

They spam their shit on coreboot mailing lists constantly too

One on the right. Its brain has been so damaged by human intervention, its body can't even grow a natural hair color anymore.

The one that looks like a man in wig

Since the trusted/secure OS is supposed to be small, couldn't an attacker just modify the boot firmware to point to a compromised trusted/secure OS hidden in a different location on your disk? Honestly it sounds like the safest thing to do would be to use an ARM SBC, even if it is vulnerable like you said, as most load everything including firmware from an SD card and then use an OS similar to Tails that mounts as read only. Sure an attacker may find a way to write data to the card and compromise your system, but you could easily check for that by hashing the entire contents of the card on another system and seeing if the hash has changed, which it shouldn't have.

I want someone on Holla Forums to start their own company of non-botnet software and hardware.

So, what I'm understanding from this thread is that I need to place all of my chinkpads in a dumpster fire and get a bunch of SPARC server blades? How the fuck do we get away from this shit?

5/49
How are console online multiplayer subscriptions botnets?

We don't even have non-botnet CPUs, will we ever get non botnet GPUs?

Feels neat.

libreboot isn't coreboot
tpearson is a coreboot developer

What's Coreboot got to say about it, and why wouldn't they be interested in an open platform (actually open, not a pretender like Purism).

Also the trannyboot drama gets even more loony.

archive.is/eP23S

Say you have a Gulftown. What parts of this does it have and what does it mean? That's on the older side of what OP mentions.

What is a part of this I could access over the network that a sysadmin or whatever would use? From looking at it as a regular user my mobo has BIOS and doesn't have anything glaring in the BIOS that screams management functions.

actually now that I think about it, it's not even on the older side of what OP implies. What would be mid 2006, first-gen C2D? ..

I'm not doubting there are holes in old hardware but what is there specifically in say a Conroe E4700 system or jumping ahead three years, a Westmere X5677 that have network accessible holes that go beyond "wake on network" stuff that is in the typical BIOS options?

I would want to know specifics. Not saying it's impossible

You can only push a 0.5 Yen moe-blob so far.

what's botnet in foobar2000? do you have some proofs?

A very good Ghostery alternative is PrivacyBadger which is endorsed by EFF.

I have been using it daily for months and it's pretty good and very easy to use (change).

It's the whole "everything made on or for Windows is botnet" thing. Banter my man; it's banter.

Oh holy shit lel. Does this mean GNU is officially keeping a fork of Libreboot in the GNU project and calling it GNU Libreboot? Top kek.

No it means that the former maintainer has decided joining GNU was bad and is trying to undo giving the project to GNU in the first place. Also asking for donations back that they gave to FSF.

This is why you don't hire the mentally unstable (especially the transgendered)

I've always been wary of hiring transgendered and "socially progressive" people, but this just proves once and for all that my suspicious and caution was warranted.

Imagine hiring one of these people and then X weeks or months later someone gets fired for not doing their job (happens often), who just so happens to be trans or gay or sjw or whatever, and suddenly the person you hired (and everyone like them) refuses to do their jobs and threatens to "take back" all the work they put into the company claiming that you're "transphobic" or whatever.

Nope. Fuck that. I'm officially putting these people on my no-hire list.

AMDs presentation of the new PRO lineup triggered me.

I'll never understand programming. Why should I care about botnet if Im powerless to defend against it?

Installing linux is less safe if you dont know what youre doing.

Going to take a wild guess it is the blue-hair...

how?

rm -rf meme
ubuntu used to spy on users by default

I also remember that glaring bug when it was possible to crash a linux lockscreen and gain access to current user session without knowing his password

And there is over 6 million other distros to choose from, wow it's fucking nuffin.

How long did that bug existed and got it fixed?

What does that mean that someone is mentally ill? And why should I care?
Calling someone "mentally ill" is typical by governments like russia to make people avoid that person.

>archive.fo/odfu2
Please turn JavaScript on and reload the page.
DDoS protection by CloudFlare

That's evil, but not as much as ME. If they didn't need ME, they wouldn't put it. ME is something that 24/7 listens to network to accept control messages, even if PC is turned off. SMM backdoor can't do that.
But, any idea how to destroy SMM?

Ok then Google and it's projects are innocent?
And new intel CPU's and ME is also innocent until you prove backdoor?

stopped reading

the jews won't allow you. in worst case (if previous warnings won't work) they will "suicide" you

>archive.is/eP23S
So basically smelly GNU neckbeards removed someone just because he has fake boobs, fake pussy, and pretends to be a woman? They don't care about someone's work, but care about what has in pants?

That's hilarious coming from open source idiots. Their UBUNTU is definition of botnet, it steals local search data and sells to advertise companies, even windows doesn't do that.

At least compared to Intel, they're not lying. AMD's memory encryption is useful for shared hosting, Intel's is only for DRM.

hallelujah, for once someone gets it, plus I suggest that you warn every Human Resources that you can on this problem.

For ARM it also depends on the board, for example raspberry pi's bootloader is non free/libre.
The only bootloader to my knowledge for arm that is free is "Das u-boot" but even if you have das u-boot some of the more primitive boot before uboot are non free/libre.
see the mailing list arm-netbook it's full of good discussions (well except if another SJW tried to push another COC (fortunately it wasn't adopted))

That's official gnome policy.

jwz.org/blog/2015/04/i-told-you-so-again/

Or put another way, the fucking morons coding Gnome and desktop stuff are fucking incompetents.

There is, it's called Talos and is starting their fundraising for an actual secure workstation in a few days.

crowdsupply.com/raptorcs/talos

I think it's been mentioned in this thread before

Should be able to log & drop any packets from unknown MAC, if you have a firewall machine in front of your computer.
Assuming your computer is a desktop machine, get rid of wireless card and use wired LAN only. When you're not using the computer, unplug the network.
You can also do away with TCP/IP altogether and use a serial connection (not the USBserial shit; you can still buy or even build real serial port I/O cards). Now use a non-PC architecture (68000, sparc, mips, etc.) as your point-to-point upstream for your computer. It'll be a lot slower than ethernet, but at least the Intel ME botnet will be useless.

The only way to fight back against this shit is for someone to develop a massive exploit that pwns the hell out of the general population.