Physics thread

Back for more. Ask any physics question I'll answer!

Other urls found in this thread:

bookzz.org/book/608791/89ce99
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does an AC generator generate electricity.

Because turning a magnet inside a coil produces a force on electrons that then move.

Set up an alternator and you have AC current now.

So what, is it creating electrons or removing the electrons from the coil?

When electrons move in a magnetic field they experience a force.

When the magnetic field rotates relative to the electrons they also feel a force.

Then electrons are present within the conducting material used to make the coil. They are just given a push to start flowing around.

Last line should read

*electrons are present within the conducting material used to make the coil but are stationary until the b field gives them a push.

So what, there's an endless amount of electrons on a coil?

You need a complete circuit for electrons to flow. They come back to the start after a while.

What then is happening when you place the current in contact with a light bulb? The electrons are heating up the metal inside the bulb, do the electrons such create that heat and flow back to the process to repeat the action again and again?

Pretty much. Electrons flowing in a metal transfer energy when they bump against the lattice of the material they are in.

If you make the resistance of the light bulb large it means a greater rate of scattering of electrons inside the material and hence greater power output.

How do a magnet do?

Fucking miracles.

And note that a changing b field moves electrons well guess what? Moving electrons electrons generate a b field. An electromagnet is just a coil of wire with current flowing through it.

At the atomic level electrons are whizzing around an atom forming little current loops. Some atoms have more flowing one way than the other (net angular momentum) and hence are magnetic.

Whats your take (simple) on the EM drive (or similar)?

Haha! You have been bamboozled by me, retarded magnet fag.

If i traveled back in time half a year would i be left sitting in empty space because the earth would be on the other side of the sun?

That it's bullshit. Sadly. If it did work it would completely change everything we know about physics but when it's between that and experimentalist fucks up, well you usually take the latter because it is far more common.

Remember the FTL neutrinos at CERN?

Well it looks like all the electric current is moving perpendicular to the B field lines. What is bamboozling?

Wouldn't you expect to travel along the same path in spacetime but backwards?

I.e since you never left the Earth as it went around the sun you wouldn't as you go backwards? Why do you think you are special that the laws of physics are not time reversible for yourself only?

Because leaving your place in time would mean leaving the current world you are in. If you travel in time how are you maintain physical proportion?

ye

The fact that I wasted your time by asking how a magnet works when I already know how a magnet works! Trickery at it's finest.

That would then imply that he never actually time-traveled. Of course, I know that spacetime isn't an actual thing.

What if by traveling through time you were simply combining matter in a state which previously existed?

If you travel a step forward in time do you leave the earth?

If you move a step backwards in time why would you leave the earth?

What makes the sun the fixed point of reference?

This is based on limited knowledge. I took it into consideration that movement may be taking place on a much larger scale in relation to different things. I do not know the particulars.

This is a very good argument. The others assumed some absolute motion relative to the sun. You say why not relative to the galaxy? Or the local supercluster etc.

The only thing you can say is that you are stationary relative to the Earth. And stationary you will stay.

k
i don't get the original question then
the answer depends on what do you consider a frame of reference (and its implicit proprieties) and what set of coordinates (space and/or time) you change in said frame

Nah, in a hypothetical scenario where you somehow go back in "time" you would have to be in a bubble of your own. You don't move the matter around you into either your future or your old form.

Realistically since the sun is centripetally moving (as far as we know) towards blackhole in the center of the milkyway the sun would not be the reference point.

why is my penis so small

And then that blackhole would be moving towards Andromeda, and who knows how those two are moving relative to the rest of the universe.

God's curse.

why is my huge cock so huge?
also why am i so much smarter than you all?

Oops, I misunderstood your question. That hypothetically could be possible, but that would imply that all the movement in the universe has been catalogued somewhere.

Serious note, you got physics degree? How much harder physics than electrical engineering?

You're right, time is just the measure of magnitudes. Time doesn't actually exist, it exists at the rate of precession in a magnet. Space, too doesn't exist. It is just a qualifier for something else, to reify space as nothing that does something is absurd.

Ahem.

Why is my huge cock so huge?
Also, why am I so much smarter than anybody that has posted ITT?

A blessing by the great voice of the lord almighty God, who exists on the other side of the Ether.

OP here what is the whole circlejerk about time travel and consciousness?

Time travel inherently leads to contradiction in a grandfathers paradox way. To try and puzzle out the logic of a contradiction seems utter folly.

Consciousness is a "world ends when I die" kind of philosophy. The universe has existed long before humans were around. What has that got to do with processes that occur billions of lightyears away?

It requires you to think very deeply about the nature of the surrounding world. Engineering requires you to memorize formulae. However the latter pays far more so I can't hate.

see

There is no universally fixed frame of reference. Everything moves relative to each other. Space is not flat either. Don't forget grav waves.

So in a case in which you would want to displace a certain matter configuration (implying that your consciousness is part of that particle-to-particle configuration) your calculations should be pretty precise.

Remember those navy fused to the destroyer in the Philadelphia Experiment (movie).

key wards you did not read the first time:

Grandfather paradox is easily circumvented by alternative time-lines.

Ultimately thats based on a belief system that is generated in a "conscious" mind.

From the point of view of you the observer, the universe appeared (suddenly existed) in one configuration and ends (just as suddenly) with your death in a different configuration. And its state of configuration is relative measure of other observers state. (99.(9)% of concepts you got about reality are from other observers.)

Question about the event horizon.
Gravity travels at light speed. So how does it escapes its own singularity since time dilatation?

So now you go straight into complexification and relativism?

You better have good proof else its unnecessary complexification.

Complete relativism. There is no absolute truth yadda yadda. And before you jump into Quantum mechanics let me remind you that any scattering process counts as a measurement even though neither particle has any consciousness.

Can we make ourselves smarter to a theoretically infinite degree

They say that both matter and antimatter were created during big bang, and for some reason normal matter won. Why is that so? And how can we be sure half of galaxies aren't completely made of antimatter?

As per usual in physics, an answer brings one or more questions.
Thats why i offered a simply conceptualized solution to the grandfather paradox.
If actual alternative time lines exist they would probably be more hermetic than romanticized fiction would have us believe. And so we get another theory that predicts its own unprovability. String theory anyone?

Can you prove that there is more than one electron in the entire universe? It has been theorized that there is only one. What do you think of that theory?

This is a good question. Gravity waves are not produced by a stationary black hole. They are produced by dipole/quadrupole effects (think two black holes orbiting each other). Thus can you really say the gravitational wave starts at an event horizon? Instead you have to say the wave is started by the disturbance of spacetime in the vicinity of the two black holes which most certainly is not escaping its own singularity.

Now the other part of the question is "how does gravity escape itself?" aside from the paradox that is inherent in this question (if gravity couldn't escape itself there would be no gravity) the modern view of physics is of forces mediated by particles. For gravity this is the graviton. However this particle only appears in linarized gravity which is valid only for weak gravitational regimes. There is no complete field theory of gravity yet.

So you can just think of balls on an elastic sheet. At no point can I pull that sheet to infinity and ask why the rest of the sheet remains curved. Its obvious.

If there are any follow up questions that might be useful.

If half of galaxies were made of antimatter, can you imagine the energy released when a matter and antimatter galaxy collided? It would be many many orders of magnitude brighter than the most violent processes we know of except the big bang.

And would effectively bathe the entire known universe in high energy rays which would have killed all life long ago. We don't observe these processes going on and observe much lower energy ones clearly. So what is going on?

Well we have to assume that the universe is matter dominated. Why that is is still unknown. All of the theories I know about are symmetric in matter and antimatter. Maybe one could posit something that coupled more to matter or something. I don't know.

Imagine i went back and killed my grandpa then took his head as a trophy. Then decided to go back 10 minutes earlier and kill him again, taking his head. Will I be able to put both of his heads above my mantlepiece? Is this consistent?

You mean there is one electron field. There are multiple electrons which are excitations of this underlying field.

Could it be possible that antimatter and normal matter repels each others (negative gravity) making such collisions rare?

Consider a box full of photons and a couple atoms. pairs production will occur yet the box will not change in mass. This suggests antimatter has positive energy density.

Unless something very fishy is going on this suggests matter and antimatter interact with gravity in the same fashion.

prove that the big bang proves the universe is cyclical and/or it cannot be known what was before the big bang
prove it was not one of the largest deadstars/blackholes exploding that we can detect and the universe isnt actually far more extensive

Shouldn't box weight fluctuate very rapidly unless antimatter had negative mass? This weight fluctuation would of course be too small to measure.

Yes, you would end up with many (depending at what age was your grandfather when you started and presumably you would do it each 10 minutes) heads each 10 minutes younger.

The whole hermetic alternative time lines pretty much makes you (unique configuration state) "out side of present time line" as in you are not influenced by its past and you can only influence its future, but said time line is not your original one (you no longer exist in the original unless you matter duplicate… ).

Just as you i give mostly explicative answers and not a complete treatise. So don't bash me for adding new stuff to the table.

The universe is not cyclic and we don't know what was before by our current models. This is different to not being able to know what was before.

Look up FRW spacetime for more information.

no because a box with two photons inside has the same mass as a box with one particle of equal energy.

Ok so you have given me a way to matter duplicate. Essentially giving me the ability to take an infinite number of objects with me into a parallel timeline. Can I take the entire universe with me?

I was wrong
meant more like "unique configuration-state replicate" and to answer your question yes

But your device/process of time travel its not a time line hopping device. It recreates your configuration state that defines you (its about information not actual matter). So you can hop/disturb only an existing state (your past). The future is a construction of the past (as a human perceptive interpretation). So when you hop you generate a branch of the original, but since hermetic (this prevents actual interference that generate the logic paradox) you cant just jump between alternatives. You can go back to a common past or to a more recent branch past (again it comes back to frame of reference of what is original/branch…). And each jump creates a different/alternate configuration based on already accrued past and your own changes (just your state-configuration presence is a change and automatically a new branch, you cannot be an absolute observer, that might work in the realm of human dynamics, but this will be an alternate universe).

Time dilation isn't a thing, gravity is instantaneous. Light does not move, it is a rate of induction.

Yes given infinite resources.

Anti-matter is an insanity. There can not exist a "discharge particle" in the same sense that the water coming out of the fountain is not different from the water entering the sink.

Alternate time-lines should be understood as that two razor edges experiment that I fail to remember the name of.

There is no such thing as an electron.
The big bang is illogical.

So it was making sense until you said this.

How can the sense of my past be an existing state if I am able to change it?

To say the past exist is the same as saying the future exists. Both are just abstractions in the mind of humans, in reality neither exist.

I'll just leave this here:
bookzz.org/book/608791/89ce99
"The Big Bang Never Happened" (Lerner)
Enjoy some plasma cosmology, Holla Forumsros! Do some reading!
the Big Bang theory is just watered-down Creationism. Get hip to infinity, infinitychanners!

So when all humans die the universe dies with it?

Relativism. Not even once.

No, when humans die nothing changes. Our existence is not needed for the existence of the Ether. Our "minds" are just the projections of dielectro-electromagnetic fluxes being forced by the brain. When a human dies the only real immediate change would be the loss of those fluxes. Humans are just a phenomenon made by the reality of the universe.

Finally! Some sense around here!
The postulation of there being only one electron was just to get the non-dualist perspective of thinking somewhat awakened in these well-trained, but far from opened minds

lay off the weed bro.

I'll dumb it down for you: if a human dies, the only thing that changes is that his brain is no longer working. The brain is not the universe, therefore if the brain were to stop functioning the universe would still be.

You don't actually change your past you create a different branch on the time line that takes into account that change. Its all about the observer and the reference frame/universe. This is not the butterfly effect its a different universe that starts when the moment when you go back.

You go back and give your self a present when you are 10 years old. You (the old you) wont remember because in your time line older you did not give you the present. But in the new alternate time line young you gets and remembers the present. If you make no more changes. Older you will live in this new time line with young you. Whats so hard to understand?

Do us a favor and prove that to yourself.

From all 3 of these I conclude the "ether" exists before i die in a different state to after I die. Yet you say past adn future are abstractions of the mind. This is a contradiction.

So I can bring an entire universe with me to another timeline?

I meant to quote

The only question should be:
Can I fuck my 10 yr old self?
say, Thank You, Holla Forums!

This is why I enjoy being here.

ofc and the best part is that older you will not suffer the consequences of that trauma
but if you happen to be 10yo in the alternate uni then you are fucked (literaly)

Try again. The Ether exists in both states, the only difference is what forces its modalities. You don't call water, ice, and steam different things. All of these states are just modalities of water, forced by something else to be the way it is. In other words, things 'are' because that's the only way they can be. Both past and future are abstractions made by stupid humans. They don't exist, in the same sense that the wind doesn't exist. Surely they do exist, but they are attributes placed onto something else. Wind is an attribute of air, time a measure of magnitudes. The past does not exist, it has already passed. You can not bring it back. Future does not exist, it has never become. You can never prove the future.

a completely meaningless sentiment completely devoid of any attachment to the real world.

and we just happen to observe their =="true"== nature that confirms your (idiotic) statement

lol didnt know i cant ==red== ""

or ==red== at all

Not at all, you can only observe the effects the truth has. You can't observe the truth when you are in it's realm of influence. Are you denying the fact that higher pressures hold more power over lower pressures? Or in more simplistic terms, that a barrel can roll infinitely up a hill?

obviously you can do this.

but you can predict with high accuracy (the fucking sun rise)

based on your non existent past

Obviously so.

The past obviously "exists", just not literally. The wind exists, but it is just the motion of air.

my
=
is
not
your
=

so because a type of air motion is commonly called wind => wind does not exist?

No, it's that wind is a temporary attribute of the subject "air". Wind doesn't literally exist. The only thing that exists is the air.

E
T
H
E
R

You're right, everything would in reality just be the attribute of attributes, and ultimately it would finally just be attributes placed on the Ether. Dielectricity is just Ether in torsion, Magnetism is actually just a modality of Dielectricity, Electricity is just the combination of Dielectricity and Magnetism, and everything in the universe that has mass is given volume (and therefore mass) by Magnetism.

It's true.

based on that
nothing exists because everything is a combination state of "fundamental elements" (reality) that is observes/interferes by parts of that combination state (us) that observes/interfers on other parts of said combination state (/b)

Yes.

Gravity affects every possible pair of mass in the entire universe, it's just that most of the time the force is so weak it can be ignored.
Does that mean I am attractive to you? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If by me you mean my physical body then yes.

Did Newton stole part of his work from Leibntz and Hooke?

It is posible look at Einstein controversy
but since the past does not actually exists
all we have is a very noisy/inexact and subjective "hash" (as in function not weed) version of the past

you just want to know if OP is gay
you fag

Kill yourself disgusting juggalos

only normies assume gay=fag=faggot

this.
Also the saying "OP can't stop sucking dicks" is not gay either.
It could be a just a bro-job. It's okay as long they say "no homo".

Why Coulomb's law and Newton's law of universal gravitation have so similar formulas?

Good question. At a distance r from a point source all objects on the surface of the sphere with radius r have the same force. Thus you can think about the force being spread out over a (4*pi*r^2) area and hence if we assume at infinity there is no force then the power law must decrease at least as fast as 1/r^2, else if we had an infinite spherical shell at infinity it would be attracted inwards.

There is no reason why it shouldn't decrease faster. Indeed the strong and weak force do (and gravity isn't exactly an r^2 law in GR in fact). But far away obviously if there were a 1/r^2 component it would dominate. Thus at large distances in the weak field limit gravity and EM are inverse square laws.

Why do when I rotate a sharpie by pushing both hands away it always does a backflip?

Isn't this just a fancy term for "parallel universes"?

that doesnt address either challenge

agreed

When will science accept that Teslas theories are right?

Why did you major in physics? physics was my passion as a kid but then i realized i was a poorfag and couldn't afford the luxuries my dad gave me. so now i got a scholarship to study petroleum engineering related electronic shit. makes me good cash. are you a rich spoiled faggot? do you know you're going to teach normalfags when you need a job? degenerate normalfags?

hahaha idiot. Enjoy having a career for 4 years and then losing it to the electrical revolution.

how did you even miss that, faggot? im studying electronics with petroleum engineering. long story. you haven't answered my question. why did you major in physics? are you rich? do you want to teach degenerate normalfags and deal with their idiocy?

this was directed to you

Give me Lagrangian mechanics 101 for someone who watches a lot of quantum mechanics docs but doesn't study it in Uni?

How many negro penises can you fit in a white womans virgin vagina?

I think 10 if you try hard enough.

What is the current opinion of the science community on alternate timelines, parallel dimensions and universes?

read

part of those theories predict their own unprovability

for now is just as you said an opinion

are there viable ways to achieve FTL with what we currently know about physics

FTL = faster than light speed

hi OP please post moar