Sudo apt-get install sl

Stallman is a psycopath

Other urls found in this thread:

networkworld.com/article/3113739/open-source-tools/why-does-richard-stallman-and-the-free-software-foundation-get-so-much-hate.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Top post.

Absolutely wonderful. Recommend this to anyone, saves so much time if you typo a lot.

oh my god.

top fuckin kek

Whats wrong with second life?

I've made plenty of typos in the terminal over the years, but I don't think I've ever typed "sl" instead of "ls".

I notice the author is Japanese. Maybe it's a Nip thing.

Hard mode:
trap "sl -l'" ERR

Whoops, meant trap "sl -l" ERR

Anyway, put it in you .bashrc have fun :^)

Thank you Holla Forums you are my greatest ally.

Pic related, it's OP.

I think it's more an excuse to have an animated ascii train in your teminal than it is an actual solution to anything.

sl stands for steam locomotive

I don't see the problem here.

Nice portrait of (((Stallman))).

I think rms simply doesn't care where the money is from. He gets it and he does his thing.

Calling someone on being a hypocrite is a display of a very simplistic worldview. The world does not change because you have some buthurt ideals and live by them, it changes because one has the means to change it.
Idealists are the cancer, dialectic materialism ftw

You can't go around telling people to drop proprietary software in favor of free software while being funded mostly if not completely by proprietary software. That's his entire shtick and the fact he himself does not make enough money to support himself off of free software makes him a liar or a hypocrite who should not be telling others to be like him when he's not how he says to be. It's essentially "do as I say and not as a I do" which doesn't work for political/social ideals, especially not communism.

alias sl='ls'

These companies are obviously paying him because they benefit from the free software he's responsible for. Companies that have their own UNIXes like HP and IBM benefit hugely from GNU utilities which are usually better than the SysV/BSD equivalents. Google's CrOS is just one big GNU/Linux distro, and they almost certainly use GNU/Linux for internal networking. And what about Emacs? If you go back and start reading old mailing lists, you'll notice that GNU Emacs is a huge part of the programming industry.

RMS isn't funded by proprietary software. These companies are paying him to keep working on the free software that benefits them, and Stallman is accepting their money because he'd rather fund his crusade than be an autist for ideological purity.

Absolute madman.

You're forgetting ASCII trains are a solution to everything.

I don't see how this is a problem. It's like how some of the best wildlife preservation efforts going on in Africa are being funded in large part by rich people who want to hunt big game.

Neither, though in my case l and s are typed by the same finger (Dvorak) so I physically can't fuck that up.

What free software? He hasn't actually made anything for more than a decade. said it best. "ideological purity" is retarded. ONLY A SITH deals in absolutes.

You shouldn't use money because It has 100%
probability that a robber pay a guy that pay a guy that pay a guy that ... that pay you that money.

old stuff. His new opinion on Stallman is here:
networkworld.com/article/3113739/open-source-tools/why-does-richard-stallman-and-the-free-software-foundation-get-so-much-hate.html
BTFO proprietors. proprietary software still not justified

He's an autist, that's the polar opposite of a psychopath.

Psychopaths are the extreme normies of the normie-autist spectrum.

If a proprietary software company such as Microsoft decides to sponsor the FSF, Stallman isn't actually advocating for people to use Microsoft proprietary software. Stallman doesn't say, "Microsoft sponsors the FSF so please use Microsoft proprietary software". The corporate sponsorship of the FSF simply means "Company XYZ supports the work of the FSF". It doesn't mean "please sell more proprietary software in order to support the work we're doing in the FSF".