Travel thread

Where you're from, where you've been and where you'd like to go, as well as your reasons why.
Also general travel thread, any interesting stories, that kind of stuff.

For me, Russia because of the architecture and interesting culture, Latvia,the rest of Britain, possibly Germany/Russia again because ancestry as well as general interest in Europe, Iceland and Norway because of the history, vikings, as well as the scenery, and Egypt because of the area's historical significance (pharaohs, pyramids)

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thank me later. that'll be 6990000 credits to purchase a swedish blonde hair blue eyed girl.

I got bored making the map, so i don't feel like going into a lengthy explanation. Family member was in the military so we moved all over the US, and i spent my high school years travelling around europe. I'm open to answering questions if anyone's interested.

My favorite place to visit was Pompeii, Italy.

that place was fucking massive, it really is a complete city that was just suddenly buried and preserved. You can still see the grooves in the roads created from the chariots. somewhat spooky in a way tbh.

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
Graffiti translations from Pompeii are quite interesting as well:

checked!

kek
the romans truly were the original classic shitposters.

I've caught the travel bug.

Pompeii was pretty cool, however, my favorite place so far is Angkor Wat.

Damn, i've seen pictures of it before, i just could never find a name. It looks incredible. Definitely on my list of places to see.

If you ever get the chance, do it. I was there for three days and speed visited a bunch of the temple complexes in the area. I could have easily spent weeks there (if I had the time/money).

NSA/GCHQ information gathering thread.

please elaborate on why the government is going out of their way to collect info on where 8/b/ users consider interesting places to visit?

You gotta problem with my future vacation spots bud? explain yourself

they're third world shitholes full of ugly rude people

don't knock it till you try it

never wanted to go anywhere

I've been to China twice already. never again

something made you go a second time

yes, my parents. now I'm an adult so I can go where I want