Schrödinger's File

Sup Holla Forums, Non-Holla Forums here.
I have something weird going on. Don't worry, i'm not looking for troubleshooting.
There's a file in my recycle bin, a .webm i made some time ago. Nothing of note, and the only one that's ever done anything like this.

Quite simply, it's stuck in a quantum state between deletion and restoration.
And windows just crashes when i try to either delete or restore it.

It's not a big deal, i can just deselect that file and delete everything else just fine, but it's super weird.
I couldn't figure out why the progress was stopping for a long while until it got down to the last .webm in there, that one.
Then i remembered, back before i deleted it, the folder which it was in wouldn't load properly while it was in there either, just as the progress bar in the recycle bin continues to load into infinity.
And i think i had a lot of difficulty deleting it, too.

Is it just a corrupt file or something?
Could a corrupt file cause all that weirdness?
Have any of you ever seen something like that before?

Video related, the weird file in question.

That's happened to me before
you just have to restart and be patient. Windows hasn't crashed or anything like that

Well, i've restarted dozens of times at this point, over the months it's been stuck in there.

It just persists.
Forever.

It's almost /x/-tier

Just delete it from Linux

That part of your filesystem is borked. Do you know whether it's NTFS or FAT32?

This could be caused by a software bug but it could also be a problem with your disk. Consider using a disk-checking tool to see if something is wrong with it.

Make sure the disk is idle

Then try deleting the file again

Then just be fucking patient

If something is wrong it will time out and give you a timeout error eventually

If it does or if it takes longer than it should then run a disk check

It should be NTFS, not that i know what that means.

I've let it set in the background for hours before.
It never goes anywhere. No errors, nothing.

You need to enter task manager and kill COM Surrogate.

Run a disk check

Go to My Compiter and right click C:>Go to Properties> then go to Toola TAB> run disk check

See? Spooky.

That's kinda cool.
Can you share us the file, or it fucked due to being stuck in purgatory?
Maybe run recuva on the folder where the file was.

Why does it do it though?

1. Boot up Gaghnoo plus loonix.
2. Mount NTFS.
3. Remove file
4. Shutdown.
5. Boot up Windows.

What's in it?

That wallpaper at the end there is neat. Post it for the anons who have helped?

...and that's why I don't use Winblows anymore.

Try booting a Linux live usb and deleting it from there.

Does that run the whole thing with /r?
If he wasn't asked to restart his computer he needs to open an admin cmd and type
chkdsk /r
and restart his computer.

Like i've shown, it's stuck in limbo. I kinda wanted to save it somehow so i could try and post it to fuck with people or something.

Whoops, i went to sleep.
Sure, if you're still here!
It's tiny and among a million others, i think this is it though, plus one more.

I think the problem might not be with the filesystem itself but with the recyclebin that shit itself after you tried deleting a corrupted file or a file in a corrupt folder. Try livebooting Linux and checking the filesystem. If no errors are found, try manually deleting the file from the recyclebin, force-deleting if necessary.

Use GParted to check the filesystem on Linux.

It's not a problem with the file, but with the filesystem.
You see files have metadata inside the filesystem that are not part of the file contents, things the operating system can set at will. For example, the name, the modification/creation time, the size, all that shit is saved within the filesystem.
There is also more sensible metadata like inode numbers and block pointers that are critical for file access and may get corrupted in some cases and NTFS is a mess so it doesn't surprise me at all it happened.
If you were to post that file on the internet nothing will happen, the contents are not the problem.