Simpsons thred

♫ smokin' weed… ♫
♫ e'ry day! ♫

What is the worst episode? I would say the one where the "cool" family moves in next door.

I don't know about worst, but I can tell you about the episode where I decided I had enough with the show. I can't remember the episode's name, some of the details may be jumbled, but it had something to do with Homer breaking into a celebrity's trailer for whatever reason. In general, I think the celebrity cameo's were when it went past the point of tolerance.

All of them

This is now a lisa hate thread.

So far the most earliest feminist moment I can think of from the sampsins is from Bart the Daredevil. When the family goes to the monster truck event, Lisa proclaims that the female truck driver is striking new ground for women, i.e. makes a "how progressive" remark.

Lisa Goes Gaga.

is there any doubt?

Holy shit that Apu still gets me

Where did it all go so wrong?

Because Al Jean is a big jew

This. Al Jean is an unfunny queer.

What exactly did he do? I don't know my Simpsons lore.

that's not Apu though

He's been the showrunner since season 13. Some fans claim Mike Scully is the guy who killed Simpsons since he was the showrunner during seasons 9-12 but at least they still knew how to tell a decent joke or two during those seasons. Al Jean's run is like watching a amateur hour at a comedy club. Nothing but cringe.

He was also the showrunner during seasons 3 and 4 (along with Mike Reiss) which just makes me dislike him even more since he has no excuse for letting the series devolve to the point it is now.

Beyond Blunderdome is worse.

not even. it has one of the all time great lines:

S3 and 4 were pretty weak tbh

they're very hit-or-miss. there's some of the best episodes ever in there (Homer At The Bat, Lisa's First Word, the monorail one…) but also some absolute shit ones (Dog Of Death, I Love Lisa, Lisa The Beauty Queen)

still better than S2 though

if I get doubles, can I be a meme?

Well Milhouse, you got timecode doubles but those don't count.

We would've allowed it. No rerolls though, you had your chance and like always, you blew it.

David Mirkin was the best showrunner. Just listening to him in commentary, you can tell his main goal was being funny.

Al Jean is a lispy, unfunny queer.

Bill and Josh were a close second