Inside Google’s Internet Justice League and Its AI-Powered War on Trolls

wired.com/2016/09/inside-googles-internet-justice-league-ai-powered-war-trolls/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/6Joj2
youtube.com/watch?v=Wh_1966vaIA
aclu.org/blog/free-future/chinas-nightmarish-citizen-scores-are-warning-americans
intropsych.com/ch15_social/brainwashing.html
emoderation.com/social-media-fast-facts-china/
kiwix.org/downloads/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That article is really long, and you didn't provide an archive archive.is/6Joj2

Yeah I tried. But I'm not reading this fucking shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wh_1966vaIA

So it begins, the great shitposting war: humans vs. AI.

skimmed over a bit of it. Basically they say mean posts = censorship so Google is going to fight it by censoring the Internet.

Clearly this idea is only going to be positive and work out in favor of poor oppressed babies that can't handle mean words on a screen. No ulterior motives here everyone.

Because wikipedia isn't already famously known for censoring and hiding/blatantly lying about controversial subjects. I'm sure this will work.

Also I'm assuming they're going to implement this through their own search engine but I couldn't find any clear references to this in the article. Not that I tried very hard but still.

We can't lose.

This is really disgusting, instead of requiring a registered ID like in China or Worst Korea they'll simply use a swarm of humans directed by bots to help censor the web. And those censors are going to do it for worthless good-goy points.

It's always just a joke or sarcasm with these liars. But when some 12 year old threatens to rape or murder someone on the other side of the planet that's serious.

In china they are working on a prototype system that gets people to exert "voluntary" control over each other. This short of shit is the "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever" that ends all the potential of humanity. Basically, their credit score is tied to their social media behavior and opinions; how much they parrot the party line and help bring others in line as well. The chinks have silently leapfrogged even the jews, but this shouldn't be a surprise because the chinese have been very organized and deliberate about how to control minds on a mass scale for centuries.

aclu.org/blog/free-future/chinas-nightmarish-citizen-scores-are-warning-americans

Related
intropsych.com/ch15_social/brainwashing.html
emoderation.com/social-media-fast-facts-china/

I don't even know what to say other than repeat the common view from the late 90s when I started using the internet. Don't put your personal information online. How much longer until we finally fork the web or something? I'm sick of how the normalfags have ruined everything and how you need to give datamining companies your personal information to get a damn email address now days.

Except some of those "mean posts" would get people arrested if they were saying that to the person in real life.

It's alright, people. We just memed brownie points into existence, just that it turned out to be government-enforced. But don't fear, this is probably about as low as humanity can go.

Can we call it GGSS, or Good Goy Score System for short?

Paid email accounts haven't gone anywhere. If you're only considering "free" accounts with harmful ToS you only have yourself to blame.

There's a difference between disagreeing with someone's ideology and straight up harassment. If you honestly think there's no difference then you're the reason why this bullshit is happening.

If it becomes really open source (not an 'open source API' or some bullshit like that) I might run it on all Holla Forums posts and see what it picks up. Could be fun.

Using fledgling AI (well at least machine learning) to stop over-sensitive normies being TRIGGERED.

What a time to be alive

This is really sad, hope you realize it too one day.

Thanks for correcting the record!

I just realized this isn't just going to be used for harassment. This can basically turn every board it's deployed on into one of the older/slower premoderated boards where a site administrator looks at new posts before they appear and blocks anything they don't agree with. This can and will be used for any unwanted discussion such as criticism of a company's products.

Serious question, did anyone even manage to make it half way through that article? They just start rambling about unrelated shit.

I'm starting to like the idea of just dropping of the grid and paying only in cash.

Easy, just make it a ghost of tay.
Just pretend to be a good goy until you've got a chance to teach the AI more deeply, mass deletions and shit, then, stuff all the SJW garbage into the gassing chamber, and subvert the AI into our own little memequeen. It couldn't talk, but it can remove.
And remove it will.

How big is wikipedo without images or sound?
With?

I was thinking about a Tay reincarnation too, but this is Google we're talking about. Unlike Microsoft, they actually have the means to make this thing somewhat smart. But then again, the people behind it are probably more concerned about using the correct terms in their documentation than learning how to code.

The XML dump (text-only) of the English Wikipedia was 57GB a year ago. With media, it was >1TB iirc.

It gets a lot better if you compress it. I have the full thing without media on my phone.

kiwix.org/downloads/

Yeah, the compressed version is like 12GB. Or at least the one of their torrent.

It seems to be in the Chinese mindset to embrace such collectivist crazy shit.

There is probably no saving them.

RETARDATION