Removing Wisdom Teeth

I'm still covered by my parent's insurance, and the Dentist wants to have my wisdom teeth removed. They didn't come in crooked or anything. He says that if I don't have them removed that hygiene will be difficult, and they may get infection. He also says that they're crowding my teeth.

My parents are putting a lot of pressure on me to just have them removed since they had theirs removed when they were younger. Any good reasons that I could give them for why I should keep them… if I should?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/arthritis/avascular-necrosis-osteonecrosis-symptoms-treatments#1
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1963310/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3636973/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It hurts like a bitch and if it isnt actually fucking up your dental structure it doesnt matter if you dont brush like a 2 year old

just do it now while you're insured. it's better to have one or two days of pain recovering from the removal than to wait 20 years without getting them removed and have one suddenly become infected

it hurts a little after, but the drugs they give you makes it worth it

If they give you hydros, don't take them. Save them for later.

IF, they give you the good stuff. Most doctors nowadays will straight up tell you to take a few Advil and take a nap.

i heard u r a bunch of crooks, so let them grow out. Wisdom teeth crowd up teeth always with every1 - they r a relic.

by that logic you should get all your teeth removed in case they get infected.

yeah you're totally right user that's why I got all of mine pulled when I was 10 and just wear dentures now and drink smoothies all day

Ya know.
I am glad that I only have one wisdom tooth.
it don't bother me much.
The three other never existed in the first place.

Know this dude from a 3rd world country once, had his wisdom tooth remove but they fucked up. Damage a nerve or something, he became mentally retarded.

kek

So why shouldn't they be removed then?

Dentist is a crook
Ask for a second opinion from another dentist

Not an option unfortunately.

Of fucking course he does. Dentists are a bunch of jews.
Feels good man

Just get them removed. They should give you some nice pain killers. They gave me shitty ones at first, but I complained about pain and got better ones.

Duh. These vultures always recommend to you to get your wisdom teeth removed, because its a major source of income for them. It's like a barber telling you to get a haircut. Nobody in my family had their wisdom teeth removed and our family dentist has not recommended once to pull them. Leave this unscrupulous activist and find yourself an honest dentist.

do it while ensured, keep from dickery later on in life. it hurt a bit first days but that gone after like a week. just follow the hygiene instructions well and you'll be completely fine cunt

Dentistry is a kike-science

Your mouth doesnt fit wisdom teeth because of years of evolution causing us to have a V shaped jaw instead of a U shaped jaw.

The decision to have them removed cannot come from me though, you need to do your own research

how did that evolution come to be

While they ate plenty of fish and good shit like that we eat fucking kike made garbage.

I've lived in africa many years, I know the dentistry kike thing is BS. so keep that to you. don't get me wrong, I want to exterminate them along with muslims but that "they had white teeth" thing is complete nonsense. I was asking about the jaw specifically

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

No cause unless they are bad there is no need to remove them. Removing them can actually destroy your mouth later in life.

that's completely retarded

That's not an argument.

well observed
its a fact.

that is a completely retarded thing to say. that's like not replacing your brakes every now and then because "hey its not broken so I won't fix it". when the infection kicks in, when you teeth start getting crooked, it's already too late, you're already not covered by insurance anymore.

you complete and utter mong.

Source on this?

i got mine out but they were growing in sideways and were going to fuck up the alignment of the rest of my teeth

it wasn't too bad, i had to eat soft foods for a few days and i hated the feeling of gauze in my mouth so i ruined a pillow.
i was given hydrocodone as a pain killer, so i didn't have to deal with the horror story aches my mom did.

Look up jawbone deterioration. Essentially when you remove an adult tooth and don't replace it the bit of the jawbone that housed it is no longer used and begins to fade away.

Not true. No matter what, you will get decay because they're just TOO far back to keep 'em adequately clean. All 4 of mine came in straight also, but I started having issues with pain every now and then and not being able to open my mouth all the way. The other thing is, my bottom teeth are a little fucked up and overlap a little due to the wisdom teeth pushing them forward.

Bottom line: Even if they come in straight, they are useless and will cause problems.

Yes you fucking retard, if your brakes are in good condition, if your rotor still has enough metal on it and if your pads aren't worn out there's no fucking reason to throw them out.

I bet you're doctor is american.
If it doesn't hurt you, he is only doing it for money.
Same goes with removing foreskin and tonsil. to "prevent" infection.

I got the 3 of them and, the worst is that I have more to wash, beside that I'm fine.

Back in the good 'ol days people had already lost other adult teeth by the time the wisdom teeth came in. The wisdom teeth would push everything forwards to fill the gaps.

I had mine out because they were coming in sideways. You might as well get them or do they don't cause problems later.

Okay, so the problem is the bottom molars. When they don't come in all the way, food sometimes gets stuck under your gums that are covering your molars.
You'll have to clear the food out from your gums and make sure your mouth is cleaned thoroughly before you go to sleep. Rinsing your mouth out with salt water before bed helps.
If you keep your mouth clean enough, you don't have to worry about infections.
Also the top molars will be fine. You just have to worry about the bottom.
I kept all my wisdom teeth even though they didn't grow in correctly.

I've been taking >2 grams of advil, drinking every night (and most days) still wake up every few hours in enoughf pain to trigger "your getting punched in the face" adrenaline release so I cant get back to bed. Been weeks of this waitong on an appointment to lay down ~$1k. This is after the last one came out bad and left a hole so I have to be careful using a straw and such for life now.
Younger you are the safer any kinda procedure is, and it's free? The 40yo you will thank you.

Shoulda seen the guys face when he was explaining no straws, should quit smoking immediatly, anything else about suction, and I ask about sucking dick. Super professional about it.

I'll be 43 in march, and still have all my wisdom teeth. They were never causing any problems. I'd suggest you keep em. Your jew dentist prolly just wants to make some quick bucks.

if they aren't causing you any problems leave them alone

kek

honestly op everyone complaining about pain is a complete pussy, most have never had an actually painful operation in their life before. getting your wisdom teeth out is nothing. if your insurance covers you do it and stop asking questions.

someone was lucky to have easy wisdom teeth removal(s)

If there is no medical reason to have a medical procedure, then don't have a medical procedure.

"Might", "could", and "it will be easier" are NOT medical reasons, they are undefined potential futures which may never come to pass. You "might" get hit by a bus tomorrow. You "could" fall on the ice and hit your head and die. It would be easier if you stayed in bed and hid under the covers. But that doesn't keep you from going outside and living your normal life anyway.

Your jaws do not stop growing until you are in your early 20's anyway, so any dentist who says that you won't have room for your wisdom teeth while you are still in your teens is clearly looking to buy a speedboat or something.

That said, if they are coming in sideways, or otherwise causing a legitimate medical issue, then yes you need to have them removed.

such a classy guy > :3

Cool story, bro. I had all 4 of mine out in my 40's even though they all came in straight. Issues I had:

Decay (they're hard to keep clean because of how far back they are - you're guaranteed to have issues)
Occasional pain and inability to open mouth all the way.
Front lower teeth shifted by lower wisdom teeth/overlapping.

They have NO function and almost always cause problems. If you grew a horn on the center of your forehead, would you not get it removed just because it wasn't "causing a legitimate medical issue?"

That would be pretty cool

Motherfucker.

sage

That's why they're called wisdom teeth. Without them, you go stupid. I have all mine.

Once they start crowding all of your teeth will start to hurt as the wisdom teeth press them all together. I had to get all 4 removed due to this. Turned out my were growing in like and upside down L

==Op here,== my philosophy is very much like

However, my parent's see wisdom teeth removal as some sort of rite of passage (since they and everybody they know has had them removed when they were young), and I'm going to get some shit from them and sound fucking retarded if I don't have an actual reason not to remove them.

Answers like

are more of what I'm looking for (preferably with sourced information)… unless there really isn't any reason why I shouldn't have them removed now while I can.

Well that would make it a cosmetic issue, not a real medical issue.
I use pic related- a water pick to floss, I don't think I will be having any problems tbh.

How did that even happen? does it have to have it's own line?

pic didn't post

Mine were infected, still wasn't that bad. Unless you have really serious complications it's completely routine and not that painful. I just had my big toenail removed, which was pretty minor, and even that was substantially more painful.

Removing wisdom teeth causes the face to collapse.

webmd.com/arthritis/avascular-necrosis-osteonecrosis-symptoms-treatments#1

If you are looking for sources why unnecessary wisdom teeth removal is bad you should really google some of the shit people have been saying. It's not hard to find hard evidence why you shouldn't.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1963310/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3636973/

In short if they aren't causing you pain or trouble don't remove your wisdom teeth because removing them is far more likely to end up causing you pain and trouble.

Mine came in sideways so I had to get them removed. They couldn't pull them due to complications, so they had to break them in my mouth and pull out the pieces.
I would like to say that I didn't cry like a bitch.

i had to have one out after it cracked. to all of 30 seconds after waiting ~10 mins for the local to kick in. $250 including x-rays and anaesthetic.