Seijun Suzuki dead at 93

Press F to pay respects

I'm sorry but I genuinely don't know who this man was.

rest in peace Pai Mei.

He was a director who was with the Nikkatsu entertainment company in Japan during the 50s and 60s. He made a whole bunch of Yakuza/gangster films as well some erotica, drama, and even a Lupin III movie. Quentin Tarantino cites him as being a big influence for his early films.

If you like pulpy noir stuff then his movies are definitely worth checking out; Tokyo Drifter and Branded to Kill are probably the most accessible thanks to the Criterion Collection.

Carfags get out

Are they somewhat ironic.
I actually despise the pulp and dark comedy genre. But if it's ironic then I'll like it.

They're more artistic than your typical gangster crap. This guy can probably explain it better than I could.

Also thanks to the mods for the sticky

Then he's probably shit, most of the films I've seen that he likes are boring and trashy only notable for HAHA THE CAMERA QUALITY IS BAD CHEESY ONE-LINERS AND ACTION XDDD.

Cinema Tyler
My nigga.

This.

Fuck forgot the
Before Cinema Tyler.

Probably not the best way to honor him

lol I don't know who the fuck this slant eyed jap old faggot is lol

Come on 2017, kill Madonna or (((Hollywood))) faggots. Don't try to take all the good people to heaven at once.

Unbearable character in a shit movie.

No "literally who", but "literally who gives a shit".

Did this influence Lupin the 3rd in anyway?

Just another degenerate panty-stealing Nip.

Checked
moar pls

Why are most great nip directors less known than koreans around the internet?

It's the "anime was a mistake" meme guy.

Because Jap film has been shit for 30 years.

I only rewatch it for the naked loli tbh

Who?

never heard of him

Nice meme.

I remember watching Branded to Kill on Jewflix 5 years ago. Shit was some odd fun. A hitman with a literal hard-on for boiling rice who looks like Chiqo from El Chavo Del Ocho.

Literally who?

haha menes

Reading about this guy is interesting. I like he always seemed to just go crazier when the studio that would eventually blacklist him would not like what he was making, so he just went crazier.

What to do another Lupin 3rd Live Action movie?
But no not really…

This.

Quentin Fagatino is a talentless duper with no taste.

Fuck, he was my favorite director.

Seijun Suzuki and Sam Peckinpah inspired John Woo.

I know that you guys and Holla Forums hate hm because of Inglorious Basterds and Hateful Eight, That shit must have been a horror film to you lol

Even his more apolitical films like From Dusk Til Dawn are bland and boring though.

F

You're completely right. He likes a lot of dialogue heavy material with sparse action scenes. I remember that numerous action films were bad because they tried to copy his formula with shit writing.