Why did music visualizers go out of fashion?

Why did music visualizers go out of fashion?

Because 96kbps audio saved off youtube already comes with visuals

Speak for yourself OP, I use milkdrop2 all the time

The fact that normies rip music off YouTube and find it to be of acceptable quality genuinely makes me sad.

because people think we don't need screensavers anymore.

You get what you paid for, so it's not really an issue of quality. Remember that people used to tape songs off the radio back in the day. Some even copied tapes by holding a microphone of the tape recorder next to the speakers of another recorder.

And friends shared music from a tape of a tape of a tape of tape of ...

Coders drifted away from being master race Aryan (plus honorary Aryan) mathematical polyglot types to the filthy-unwashed masses who areeither designated Javascript cookbook coders or fag hipsters who think following a 15 minutes javascript,Ruby,Python tutorial makes them" le l337 hax0r". The future isn't looking bright, given all the drives to get nogs and women into the industry.

*are either designated Java

Any good visualizers on Linux?

I want audiophiles to leave.

Linux is not a very good operating system for visual things, try installing Microsoft Windows.

first

i listen to shitty 128kbps soma.fm all day
music is just background noise and audiophiles are faggots

Except for VAPORWAVE

Wow the bar for audiophile has really fallen

You can try projectm but it's shit compared to milkdrop2.
I recommend Winamp in Wine + linein://

fucking audiophiles

Cava or bust.

Youtube does 160kbps Opus now too. It's basically better than you can buy off Amazon/iTunes.

Just because it's Opus doesn't mean youtube hasn't compressed and cockmongled the shit out of it. They could let you download .flac and .wav too and it wouldn't fix anything, because they save the audio compressed in the first place.

It's true. The exact bitrate is irrelevant.
Load it up in Audacity and the cockmongling will be apparent.

I never saw visualizers get more or less popular. Some music channels on jewtube use them like Monstercat, UKF, or NoCopyrightSounds. Not the same type of visualization you posted, but that's what a lot of music uploaders currently use if any.

1. lack of cheevos
2. lack of cutscenes
3. lack of kids taking drugs and listening to music

Fixed.

isn't there a free software reimplementation of avs yet?

What exactly would you use a music visualizer for anyway? Do you actually sit there in front of your computer with your headphones in, just listening music while doing nothing but staring at the screen? Music is background noise; you use it when you're doing stuff. It seems to me that all a music visualizer could do is take up extra resources in a way that doesn't really impact your computer experience positively.

Because people tend to do other things on their computer while listening to music.

what software do they use to make those videos that have a static background image then some simple animation over the top in time to the music

nvm, its Adobe Afteraffects and an audio visualiser effect

I used to put the small voice recorder beside television when mtv is playing linkin park.

There's always the sound of ceiling fan and cat sound in the background.

Advantages include... nothing. Seems legit.

Vapormemes/ff is the ultimate background music, fucking amazing for studying.

Try listening to music with lyrics, you can't concentrate on doing shit, and the lyrics at the same time.

how is projectm shit compared to milkdrop2?

They existed back when you couldn't do much while listening to music because computers were weak

Now we have strong computers that let you listen to music while shitposting on the internet and encode 4K videos simultaneously

If you don't download flacs from soulseek lol you are such a pleb dont even talk to me disgusting.

Ricer bullshit faded away as UI matured. Although I do miss running whirl in my X root window and xneko.