I just watched batman vs superman extended edition

I just watched batman vs superman extended edition.
I have not seen this movie in theaters when it came out, and I did not read much into reviews, so I wasn't really sure what I am in for.
I expected it to be like Man of Steel.
It… it wasn't. It was nothing like it. It was worse in every aspect. At no point during the movie did I know for certain what the narrative is supposed to be about. And even as it ended, I still don't know what exactly happened.
It's not a movie. It's a compilation of 3 or more movies by a person who didn't see any of them.

oh, and I know there is probably another thread about it right now, but I am literally grasping to find any living brain cells left in my cerebral cortex after watching to write this. Searching would be too much of a strain for me

Congrats on having all of your higher brain functions shutdown. It's probably one of the more merciful reactions to the film, from what I've heard. I'll watch it eventually though, wish me luck

This was my reaction as well.

I had to take a break halfway through, I honestly cannot fathom why this was allowed to happen.

same

When did you have to get up, user? I think for me it was exactly at 1:30.

Why did they have to make it fucking three hours long?

Lasted a bit past halfpoint, I think. Around 1:40 to 1:50, I can't be certain.
I was actually watching it with a friend, he was the one to suggest a break and I was just like "oh thank god"

I've never had an experience like that with a film before.

I went in with the lowest of expectations and it disappointed me still.

It's a pretty accurate description of my experience as well

To quote the friend I watched it with:

Well, there are approximately two good parts in the movie.

and
The latter is ruined immediately because batman delivers his pretentious "men are brave" line immediately after.

However those two parts are like damned souls trying to escape from hell. The moments on either side of them are completely retarded.

There is also not a single surprise in the movie because everything was spoiled in the numerous trailers. I would have said that Wonder Woman's reveal, stupid as it is, was a plus if it didn't take place in the third trailer.

oh, and I know this sentence can be said about any scene in this entire movie but:
Can somebody explain to me what the fuck is going on in here?

I mean, maybe it's my lack of knowledge of superman mythos, and if I was a proper superman fan I would get it, but what the shit is this supposed to be?

I think it's supposed to be a parademon, but I'm not sure. It could also be Darkseid.

That's really not something I should ever have to say. Their designs aren't similar at all.

Actually no, there were parademons in Bat of Murder's nightmare. That's Darkseid.

oh, fucking, I mean, sure, yeah, I can see the resembance.

Also, check it out, I found a picture of Hugo Strange as he's supposed to appear in the next justice league movie.

Googled it and it said it was Steppenwolf.
Dont know who he is though.

Lex's arming a rebel group in some African country which is going through a civil war for the US, while the US government proclaims total neutrality in the conflict.
Lois goes to investigate the conflict by acquiring an interview the the rebels' leader.
Lex uses this opportunity to use Lois as a bait, drawing Superman to the conflict so that he can later set things to make it look like that Superman killed all the rebels giving an in for the government to massacre the people.
This incident gives the leverage to US congress wanted to put pressure unto Superman.
Lex's plan is to use the congress committee on Superman to ask for approval to study the kryptonian tech left from the battle of Metropolis, as well as Zod's body and the new kryptonite batch found outside the country. His excuse is that they should create a think-thank to study and create "deterrents" for the so called meta-humans. Something that he has researched about.
The senator lady from the committee didn't liked Lex and turned him down, but the senator dude felt like Lex was a good idea and gave him the go ahead.
Meanwhile Lois is investigating a bullet she got from the massacre, but is keeping it from Clark because she doesn't want to worry him. She thinks that Superman worries to much about her as it is and that maybe she's holding him back too much.

Since the battle of Metropolis, in which Bruce Wayne was there to witness, Bruce has stopped to believe in himself and his mission. He's suffering from PTSD and depression, not being able to sleep, having constant nightmares about the incident and his parents death, taking medicine to function, putting more armor in his costume and so on. He's investigating a shipment that is coming to Gotham's harbors telling Alfred he doesn't know what it is yet, but he knows that is the kryptonite found outside the country and that eventually will be brought to the US.

I can go on explaining the movie for you, because it was really simple. Or is this pure shit-posting general?

That's Steppenwolf, but he's being shown through that weird metalic thing that kryptonians use to communicate.

Thanks Zach, but there is no need.

OK, just checking up. Carry on with the shitpost, guys.

Good night.

No prob, say hi to Deborah for me.

What's it like being a fanboy? I've always wondered, I've never been a person willing to swallow corporate shit so long as it had a nice big stamp of approval from the company producing the comics I liked. You seem to be good at that sort of thing though.

I watched the movie, i understood the movie, i liked the movie and then i see this thread with OP saying that he had a problem understanding it. I thought that maybe we could talk about it and that maybe i could help him, but by looking at the posters it just seems that he hated and don't want to talk about the plot or characters, just voice his complaints.

I'm not saying that's bad or that he shouldn't that, just that i'll leave him alone to do it.

At no point is this explained in the movie and I think you're just pulling it out of your ass.

So Lex's plan was to make Zod into zombie doomsday all along? I guess he somehow knew all about the inner workings of the Kryptonian ship before he even had access to it, right?

You say that he's done research on "metahuman deterrents" but the only metas in the DCEU are the members of the Justice League that aren't Batman. Does Lex know about Themyscira? Does he know about the Speed Force? What about Atlantis? He apparently knows about Cyborg, who's built with Apokoliptian technology. Does he know about Apokolips as well? Why hasn't he made contact with any of the metas he apparently has classified surveillance footage of?

Why is Lex asking senators for access to confiscated alien technology? Wasn't it the military that was holding on to it, not congress?

Why was he in Metropolis? If he was, didn't he see Superman fighting Zod? Or at least hear about it?

You mean his visions of the future? Because that's what they were. If that's not the case, he inexplicably knew about Darkseid, Apokolips and Parademons before anyone on earth. Barry Allen also time travels into one of them somehow and tells him that he needs to murder Superman ASAP because he was "always right about him". If Superman will at some point be controlled by Darkseid, then does Darkseid control Clark without the rest of the league's knowledge? Does Barry, when he travels into Bruce's vision, not know that Clark is being controlled?

He built the power suit to fight Superman.

If he doesn't know what it is, then it's kind of amazing how quickly he was able to turn a chunk of space-rock from a solid into a gas capable of being released from a grenade. It's even more impressive that he didn't think to make bullets out of it, especially when he's perfectly content to uses guns in this universe.

Also, Batman just investigates random shipments? Or was it just because it was Luthor's shipment? Is he investigating everything Lex brings into the country, or did he just get really really lucky?

Can you explain what was the deal with flash appearing to batman?
Was it in his dreams, was it a vision, was it a memory of an actual event?
Please provide evidence to back up your claim.

When you leave you should also kill yourself.

Oh yeah, and why did Lex get the Kryptonite delivered by boat to Gotham?

Not only is Metropolis a coastal city, the Kryptonite isn't so large that it needs a boat to transport it. It could have easily been delivered via plane.

I'm not nitpicking, these are major plot points.

If you are so willing to explain everything:
There was this scene in the movie where Luthor blows up the congress. Quite an important one.
During it, the chief senator starts inexplicably stuttering and looking panicked and worried at everybody, then she notices a jar of "granny's peach tea" and everything blows up
Can you explain the meaning, purpose or symbolism behind that scene? Why was the peach tea there? Was it just Luthor fucking with her? What for? Why did she start stuttering? Did she have a premonition of what is about to happen?
Please enlighten me.

Actually they did explain that kryptonite is radioactive, so… possibly it could not be transported by a plane, because it would mess up the navigation?
I'm making shit up now, but it could make sense if actually told in the movie.

He should also probably explain why Lex blew up congress when he already had access to everything he needed.

Was it to frame Superman? If so, why do it in such an elaborate way? Lex was also the ONLY PERSON NOT THERE when it happened. He was the obvious suspect at that point.

If he was going to bother incriminating himself by not showing up, why did he send Mercy?

That might work, but don't boats have to use the same kind of navigation technology? Are radioactive materials never transported by air? The Kryptonite really isn't that big.

Also, did Lex Luthor piss in that jar?

I'm fairly certain they had Schizo-Lex piss in a jar.

The biggest failure of BvS was Lex. Where the fuck is the genius? The cold, conniving, madman? All I saw was a schizo.

Yes, it is, user.
Lois when she's interviewing the rebels' leader she says that the US proclaimed neutrality in the conflict and ask about the mercenaries + weapons. The rebels' leader tell her to not trust people with power. Then the massacre happens.

As the movie goes on we learn that the mercenaries and weapons were provided by Lexcorp, that the weapons were experimental and being tested on the field, that the US army knew about the whole thing and that nobody would help Lois in her investigation.

He had a small slice of kryptonite that his company acquired when he helped rebuild Metropolis. His company entered in contact with STARS labs, which was the company working for the military, and together they tested the mineral on Zod's body discovering that he could damage his DNA.

He showed this to the senators in his attempt to convince him to give the whole research to his company. The senator lady was against it, but the senator dude went with it. Gives gave him access to study Zod's body and the Scout Ship more closely.

Until this point he was merely studying it. Lex's plans change throughout the movie as shit happens and he adapts.

We don't know. The only thing shown to us was that he had videos and photos documenting their existence.

Dunno.

Some branch of his company was in the city, which is across Gotham, and yes, he managed to see Superman fighting Zod.

No, i mean his nightmares about the past and recent events. You know, the scenes that open the movie?

It was his regular suit.

He knew about the rock that was found and knew that someone was trying to ship it to the US, he just lied about not knowing to Alfred.

He knew what was found, knew the people that had acquired and knew that they were trying to bring it. He just didn't knew when, where and which ship.

Flash came back in time too earlier to warm Batman about something, and maybe him travelling back in time triggered that vision. That shit wasn't a nightmare, but a straight up vision. You can see the papers flying everywhere when Bruce wakes up.

I'm sorry, but i'll have to break the posts because it's too much shit to address and i might take some time to answer each post.

During the movie, all I could think of Lex was "hey, if he was supposed to be The Joker, he'd actually be kind of decent"

Metropolis and Gotham map is a bit different from the comics. They released a map before the release of the movie. I'll try to find it.

The kryptonite was smuggled and was done by boat. Gotham in the movie is a harbor city.

When the senator lady came back to confront Lex, she warned him that she knew about his true intents and that he wanted the new rock that had been found to kill Superman, not to keep it as a "deterrent". That's was why she had turned down the permits to bring it legally to the country. She also said that he could bullshit all around and call a jar of piss Granny's peach tea that he'd never fool her.

Now, Lex plans were starting to fail by this point.
The actress he had hired and was "a key witness" to the African massacre, which was what prompted one of the hearings, had ran away.
He had just gained an enemy in the congress who actually wanted to hear Superman's side and was onto him. This senator lady and her hearings had been essential in assassinating Superman's reputation. So that was bad.
And now he had to illegally smuggle the rock to the country.

So he changed his plans and used Wallace Keefer to create another hearing and so that he could not only eliminate her but also further damage Superman's reputation.

The Granny's peach tea was his way to rub in her face how he had just played them. She had bought his bullshit after all ie drank his pee, like she had said.

To not rise suspicions he attended the hearing and place his close assistant in the front row. Of course, he never stayed, but after all that people would be hard pressed to blame him.

Maybe.

I was baffled by the fact that Zod's ship security was based on a simple fingerprint scan, but I guess that's just a complaint, not a question.
I don't get why it immediately went to announce the contents of the archives without being prompted by the new pilot. Neither why it was so ready and willing to accept a new master. We could have been at least shown how he overrides the controls.

Why the fuck was the ship so poetic about "the deformity so hateful, a desacration without name"?
What was even the process happening there? Does any mixture of human and kryptonian dna result in a doomsday?
Explain the entire creation of doomsday to me, because I don't understand what was going on there.

You did not address the point about Senator stuttering prior to noticing the piss.

Why would the joker be an awkward neurotic nerd

The actor who played lex would have made a much better Joker than Lex Luthor.

The guy who played Lex in Smallville was a good Lex. He was self-absorbed, conceited, and above-all, genius.

Lex beforehand had cut Zod's imprints with his slice of kryptonite and use Zod's imprints and his eyes to gain access to the Scout Ship. Once inside he found Zod's command key still there inside the ship and inserted the thing giving him full command of the thing.

Because when the whole thing was a sham, thanks to the African actress testimonial, seeing Lex and his assistant there and after actually seeing the jar of piss on her desk with no Lex on-sight she knew something bad was about to happen.

Lex in the movie was also self-absorbed, conceited and pretty smart.

he wouldn't, but I'm talking more about the way the actor, well, acted.
He tried to tell some jokes during the movie, and they all appeared fucking creepy. His joker would not be a regular, comic-accurate joker, but certainly better than his inaccurate Luthor.

You're making pretty broad jumps in logic, it's never confirmed whether or not Lex is arming rebels.

Why was there kryptonite in metropolis? Didn't zod just make it into a crater?

Casual detected.

How did Lex personally acquire kryptonite? Who found it?

This is a pretty major plot hole.

If you're talking about vid related. the rest are future visions. This is also 90% flashback.

Then why does he hate superman so much, and blame him for what happened? If he was THERE, then didn't he know Clark was obviously just trying to stop Zod?

You fucking what? Number one. you are pulling that out of your fucking ass, and number two, since when does Bruce lie to Alfred?

If he did, why did he time travel into a vision? Why don't you address my points about his future visions and how their content makes no sense?

Regardless of whether or not you find it, this is fucking retarded. You shouldn't need to do pre-reading before watching a movie so that you understand the plot.

Then why doesn't he just have her assassinated? He obviously has the resources. Why not just bomb her house? It's not hurting Superman's reputation since he's seen trying to save people after the fact.

So he pissed in a jar and somehow was able to smuggle a container of his urine onto a senator's desk without anyone knowing?

No, he'd still be the main suspect because he conveniently left right before the hearing and subsequent explosion.

Bruce clearly does not respect Alfred in this movie at all.
As for your question - since always, kinda. I recall several cases where Alfred admits that he knows there are things Bruce hides even from him.

But that's besides the point. WHY would he lie to Alfred? There's no reason to.

Steppenwolf, son of Darkseid.

It's implied (more in the ultimate cut than the theatrical) that when Luthor used the scoutship's database on other worlds, he made contact with Apocalypse.

The theory is that being in contact with Apocalypse, the eldritch abomination world that it is and home to the big bad of the DCU (Darkseid), fucked with Luthor's head and made him even more unstable than he already was.

Keep in mind that it was not until after Luthor made contact with Steppenwolf that he went ahead and began the creation of Doomsday.

Luthor started the movie with the motivation to turn the world against Superman, but by the end he wanted the alien dead so that it would be easier for the forces of Apocalypse to conquer earth.

…The bell has already been rung. And they heard it.

Out in the dark, among the stars…

…Ding dong, the god is dead.

The bell cannot be un-rung!

He's hungry. He's found us. And he's coming!

Was there any real point to Wonderwoman in this movie, other than introducing her for the purpose of sequels?

Should we even consider having any respect for Bruce?

He is not a hero with a vision, he is literally insane, branding people he captured, obsessing over destroying superman.
When Clark wants to talk with him, he goes mad and beats him up, only to be broken out of his frenzy by mentioning the name of his dead mother. If a mad coincidence did not dictate that their mothers have the same name, Clark would be dead on the spot.

Also, I know it's supposed to appear artsy, but what did Bruce do in the final scene where he confronts Luthor in prison/mental institution?
Guards open Luthor's door, lights flicker, then they are suddenly nowhere to be seen and batman has appeared out of thin air. And then he just vanishes in an instant from the corridor.

FILTHY, DUMB

CASUAL SCUM

…What?

Steppenwolf is Darkseid's uncle.

Apokolips is the Fourth World, a world comparable to Hell.

Anyway, this makes Luthor really pathetic. Even when bonded with Brainiac in the DCAU, he was never beholden to it. Now he answers to Darksied like a trumped up Bruno Mannheim. Great.

I don't know how you keep misspelling Apokolips when I've used the name multiple times in this thread.

Yes, it is. The same guy leading the mercenaries, Anatoli Knyazev (KGBeast), was also the one conduction most of the operations in the US for Lex. The bullet Lois retrieved from the massacre was tested and found to be an experimental bullet never before seen. She went to consult the Calvin Swanwick, from MoS, who was now a Secretary of State. He told that the bullet came from Lex and that she'd have no support, and also that she needed to drop the case.

The small piece of kryptonite Lex owned came from the Scout Ship, that landed in Metropolis. The large rock of kryptonite came from the World Engine.

I explained that. Lexcorp found in Metropolis when the company was helping rebuild the city.

Batman's origin, which, yes, is a flashback, is shown in the contest of the movie as a nightmare. The same for the Metropolis attack. The nightmare with his dead mother and the huge bat monster and so on.

Because he stopped believing in himself and the mission. He couldn't help Robin, he couldn't change Gotham and he couldn't do a damn thing in Metropolis. The whole Batman thing was futile and only brought misery. That what Superman had done by bringing his war to the planet, was just like he had done before, but in a larger scale. That eventually things would get worse.

That's why he need to take Superman out, along with himself. He knew what he was attempting was a suicide.

See this vid.

I don't know. Sequel-bait.

The movie spells out that both city are across each other. Clark only has to take a ferret to go to Gotham. The movie also spells out that Gotham is a harbor city.

Because he could blame Wallace Keefer, the dude that lost his legs while working for the Wayne Enterprises branch in Metropolis during the Metropolis attack, and had days prior been arrested for vandalizing Superman's statue.

He would be able to take out the senator lady, create a huge news where more people are dead due to Superman's existence and this time inside US soil and blame everything in the actions of a poor sap that blamed Superman for all the bad shit in his life.

More bad press for Superman.

He had a lot of freedom there.

No, he wouldn't. Wallace would.

Here's the vid where Bruce tells the truth to Alfred about his real mission.

Sorry, guy. Won't do it again.

Alfred was on Superman's side and not condoning Batman's bullshit. That's why.

Lex learned about the various planets and such thanks to the Scout Ship, but he hadn't contacted anyone yet. It was only after failing everything he had set up to destroy Superman that he made a bargain with Steppenwolf.

It was mostly to for sequel-bait and to give something for Bruce to live for ie: pussy.

No, dude was totally wrong in the movie and one of the villains. Total dickhead.

He did Batman shit with Lex.

Dude was desperate.

Well, if that WAS the intention all along, then I have to give this movie a credit: It is refreshing to see Batman as a villain, what with the entire world sucking bat-dick and making him the greatest hero ever.

user, let me explain something to you. With a normal film, people don't have this many questions. Take The Winter Soldier for example. Most people can watch that movie and have no problem believing everything that's going on.

But with BvS, i.e. a disgustingly bad movie, people leave the theater bewildered and confused. Only the dumbest of the dumb enjoy movies like this, or say, Gods of Egypt. Batman v Superman is not a 'masterpiece', it's not 'art'. It's a movie that's trying very hard to be more than it is, created by a director with the very same problem.

Could we discuss the borderline plagiaristic degree to which this movie rips off pic related?

have to partially disagree with you here:
Just because a movie is simple to understand does not make a movie better than one that is hard to understand.
You can write a story in such a way that it leaves the audience wondering about it, trying to puzzle it together and still have it be a good movie.
Now, I think BvS fails miserably in this regard, as the confusion is not a result of well-planned mysteries and plot turns, but rather completely incompetent writing and directing, though the point still stands.
The quality of the movie has nothing to do with how stupid are you allowed to be to still understand it.

Huh. They have Houma marked, but not Opal City.

…deepest lore?

The schizo outshone those traits

Here's Lex plans and there are hints that he had help.

That's not what I mean. BvS is not hard to understand. It is confusing.

Movies with depth are fine, I don't think everything should be popcorn fodder like the Marvel movies or Star Trek Beyond. But a film should not produce so many questions that can never be answered.

It is surprising, everyone predicted that BvS was going to follow the usual plot of the infallible Batgod giving Superdouche a much-needed attitude adjustment

Turns out Snyder hates Batman even more than Superman

The fight is genuinely uncomfortable to watch, not even in a bad way, you feel really bad for poor Superman being too nice to incinerate that asshole from orbit

Well, i liked the movie and found the twists and turns entertaining.

I honestly don't know why people have a hard time understanding what happened in it.

But the questions are being answered, dude.

I don't think that there are questions that were left up in the air other than Batman's vision and Flash message.

I'm cool with the branding, as it seems very DKR, but everything I've read about the first time Clark and Bruce met, they held at least a begrudged respect for each other.
Superman for Batman's skills as just a regular man, and Batman for Superman's innate faith in humanity, despite being God-Tier and an alien.

This is the laziest fucking copout ever and I think less of anyone that uses it.

They're being answered after the fact by a Synder fanboy that has too much time on his hands. These explanations also make little sense.

Batman in the movie just fucking lost it.

He felt utterly hopeless and powerless, not just about what happened in Metropolis, with him seeing his father's tower falling and his employers dying without him being able to do nothing, but his whole fucking life.

He felt that the whole Bat thing that once gave him hope and purpose was nothing but a fucking lie that only brought pain and misery. That costed the lives of Robin and others. That in the end he was not better than the very criminals he spend his entire life fighting. That's when he became cruel in his attempt to take down Superman.

Now the reason why he wanted to take down Superman was because despite knowing that Superman was trying to be a hero he, Bruce, "knew" better. There was no heroes. What Superman was doing was what he spend his life doing and it was not helping. To the contrary, it was bringing more and more pain and death.

Batman fucking up just cost the people of Gotham lives, but Superman fucking up? Is Metropolis all over again. Is the Nairomi's massacre. Is the capitol bombing.

So him already feeling bad about being older than his father when the man died and having not accomplished nothing of worth in his entire life utterly failing his parents legacy, decided that the only thing of worth he could do was sacrifice himself to take Superman out and spare the world of people like him and Superman.

So yes, Superman was utterly fucking wrong in all levels in this movie. He was a depressed, paranoid suicidal fucker that just wanted to kill people to feed his hurt ego.

Well that's just your opinion

My biggest problem with the movie is that because it decides to have so many parallel plotlines, each one of them appears to be rushed.
You could easily make three movies out of this:
Batman vs Superman
Superman vs Lex Luthor the International Terrorist
Superman vs Doomsday + death of superman.
It could even be a series god dammit. They could have made thrice the cash.
But Zack decided to make it all into a single flick, and it has to jump between batman smuggling kryptonite, lex resurrecting aliens and clark sitting on his ass every 30 seconds.

*Batman

Maybe. It got developed really well where it featured.

What was the exact deal, anyway?

…Wait a minute. Is Snyder trying to lift from the DCAU or something?

…For my peace of mind, do you have a video clip of this? My heart refuses to accept the idea of even a beaten and imprisoned Luthor groveling like Mannheim.

Thank you, user. Yes, Batman.

Batman was one of the villains of the movie. The whole movie is him getting more and more close to someone like Joe Chill.

the further down i read this thread the more i want to see this

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2257fe3df71551acb6e4aa766cd25a5c06f2d60a&dn=Batman+vs+Superman+Dawn+of+Justice+2016+EXTENDED+1080p+BluRay+x2&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969=
knock yourself out
try not to die

The movie does suffer from having too much PLOT.

Lex alone went through 3 fucking different plans, this not counting him luring Darkseid to Earth as a fuck you to Superman.
Then you've Batman fucking things up like a mad-man who watched to much CNN and want to bomb some place.
Then there's fucking Lois playing detective.
Then is Superman investigating Batman and reacting to all the media.

You can easily do a trilogy with the story. For example:

First movie is Lex trying to fucking Superman's image while Lois investigate him and Superman deal with the fallout. End the movie with a cliff-hanger where Lex plans start to fail around him making him more desperate, Lois nails Lex, Superman fuck off and Batman loses his shit after watching all the mess.
Second movie is about Batman preparing himself to fight Superman taking Lex the left-overs from Lex schemes, Wonder Womam showing up to cover her ass, Lois searching for Superman to reveal the things she found out. End the movie in a cliff-hanger where Lex kidnap Martha after losing his shit, Batman team-up with Superman after learning his a huge asshole and Wonder Woman decides to stick around to help.

When Disney finally buys the rights to DC movies, how do you supposed it will play out? Do you think a shared universe with both Marvel and DC characters could work?

Look, the Marvel Studios, which is a separate entity than Marvel Entertainment, is awesome. Marvel Entertainment, though? Fucking sucks.

I don't want to see Marvel, the publisher, fucking around with DC characters. You can bet your ass that they'd bench Superman and replace him for a transgender.

That's only a step-worse than what I assume Stan Lee will do to Superman. And that being making Superwoman the only Kryptonian on Earth, and making Supergirl his sidekick.

I liked it unironically

Wasn't Gotham City located by the Lake Gotham? I always assumed that it was a hybrid of NY, Chicago, New Jersey, and Detroit.

Are you trying to put us in despair?

why is the ugly jewpig who plays luthor so fucking ugly

Didn't you just answer your own silly question?

OP, while I wasn't quite as confused as you were (I followed it all fairly well), I can understand why you were confused.

As already stated, it's got enough plot in this film alone to fill 3 separate films. This one top of some sloppy pacing and editing has the film jump around from scene to scene and plot point to plot point with no rhyme or reason at times and little cohesive. The writers also thought it would be best to make the plot needlessly convoluted in certain aspects (like pretty much anything involving Luthor's multiple plans) so nearly every scene is spouting dialogue and information that's meant to explain what's happening. With all this, the film very rarely keeps still and lets you appreciate what's happening - it doesn't allow for any tension or atmosphere to build at any given moment, making it very hard to really get into it.

Really, it's no wonder you or many others got confused - with how unbalanced and messy the film is, unless you're extra invested in it, you're going to miss a thing or two. Even then, it's not like the payoff is worth the added investment in the film. If anything, it'll make you more disappointed for paying more attention - despite a few decent aspects, it doesn't make up for the the boring, dumb, and thoroughly unenjoyable mess the film is.

Had to drop your post there.

Okay.

dropped right here

dropped right there>>654918
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

dropped right here

dropped here

But if there was no Mutant Gang or Bat Tank, they probably could have done more.

I haven't seen the movie yet, does Batman even ride a horse in it?

There are a few shots of horses oddly focused on, but no, Bats doesn't ride a horse in the movie.

I am still waiting for somebody to explain this part to me

yfw
Zod killed Jor El with a knife from his uit's arm and Zod/Doomsday killed Clark with a bone knife from his arm

This movie is full of shit like this. I love it.

BRAVO SNYDER
R
A
V
O

Did he stab him in the side? Ya know, like JESUS?

Are you being retarded for fun?
It's a callback to Man of Steel, not the bible.

Everyone rips shit out of that book without it's context. I hate it.

This post, this is what the average person thinks about this film which is sad because it only confims that most anons are too stupid to follow a simple plot even when it's spoon fed to them.

The entire movie sets up the Batman vs Superman fight, it's really not that difficult to understand unless you were born after 1994.

This is Steppenwolf. This is also Steppenwolf.

That….that's some fucking creature out of Guillermo Del Toro movie.

shit, I already managed to forget about this movie
fuck you for reminding me

This is why I read manga.

You say that like it's a bad thing, the ship being poetic is a good thing and creates the desired effect in my case.

Explain the entire creation of doomsday to me, because I don't understand what was going on there.

Personally, and I have no evidence for this, I believe Doomsday's genetic information exists in kryptonian archives since always (remember oroiginal DD is from 300,000 years ago) and this new Doomsday is simply an replicant of the original which is either buried deep within earth lying dormant already (like in the comics) or is floating around in space again in a dormant state.

Pic unrelated, but DC should really bring back best LOBO.

Was it drawn by Rob Liefeld?

Why did Luthor need to put his blood on Zod to create it, then?

never heard of it

It was just an additional personal touch, like some genius mad artist/scientist, to make the fucking thing even more fucked up.

I thought it was "ok," but that's still being very positive.

Their version of Lex Luthor was maybe the worst thing I've ever seen on film though.

You're right, sorry. I crossed the line.

Did anyone else hate how Flash looked in his mind-portal future whatever? I literally didn't realize it was The Flash until I read up on the movie afterwards.

Fun Fact: Dude who played Lex in Smallville voices The Flash in the DCAU.

That fact helps make the mind-swap episode of JLU extra funny.

Also hes dr Polaris there

kek

having literally just watched this, can we at least acknowledge how surreal and unsettling this scene was? THAT SHIT WAS CREEPY AS FUCK.

all these years i was told how scary and intimidating Batman is supposed to be, this is the first time i felt it.

You're not following the narrative.
If you'll just come this way…

Creepy?! He's clinging around the walls like a spider-monkey and jumping around. It's ridiculously silly.

I don't think CG looks nearly as good as directors hope it does. The more movies try and use it the less interest I have in movies.

oh

This, it was a good Batman. I wish that Batman would be in a better movie. Like Dark Knight.

Dark Knight was awesome, but Batman was always kinda underwhelming. Sure, he was still getting his tech developed, but it never seemed like he kicked the asses of regular goons with no efford. The scene at the end where he takes down the cops, DKR style, it should have been more like BvS.

They've been shit for the last few years.

And that scene looked fucktarded.

oh

Okay, contrary to everybody else, I'm actually going to admit that it was a pretty cool scene.
There were quite a few really well directed scenes in this movie. Unfortunately, they did not make the narrative any more comprehensible, often quite the opposite.

i thought the uncanny valley movements looked insect-like and added to the creep factor. the running theme with Batman is that people aren't really sure if he's human or not. i appreciate that the scene attempted to show Batman in a semi-superstitious way your average Gotham criminal sees him.

Why? If you love something, do you just live in a fucking fantasy world where everything is fine when it's clearly not?

This fucking cuck/co/ exodus needs to stop.

Comics were shit in 2015. There's been plenty of good stuff on either side of that year, but I don't see how you'd know that since you don't read comics.

Is DC paying you or something? Good comics are the exception, not the norm.

The Best Comic to come out in the last five years was a fucking KFC comic written by freelancers.

Excuse me?

If you want to get good taste, you've got to do things the hard way.

user what are you talking about? I think most people prefer good stories to some kind of memefest.

It's like you came here to get bullied.

Vertigo>indie

Yeah, you clearly don't read comics.

You mean the imprint that's been dead for over five years and completely gutted?

Wew, lad. Just because you summerfags got bullied out of cuck/co/ doesn't mean full/co/ shares your shit taste.

the plebbest of plebs

I mean, I can do this all day. I read comics, I know what I'm talking about here. You, on the other hand….

Yes, the imprint that has put out the very best comics of all time, rendering your m-muh indies! whining irrelevant.

Hey user, you know he doesn't read indie comics, right? This pleb reads manga.

Oh wow, I hope he recovers.

I think the problem is that he has yet to experience the phenomenon that is FUCKING COMIC BOOKS.

They're truly something else. Hopefully one day, captain plebian over here will realize that.

We should all just ignore him more instead of giving him more attention. At least then he'll get tired of talking to himself.

just saw suicide squad last night, jare leto's joker takes the cake